PDA

View Full Version : A lokk at the Starting QB for 2019!

Coach007
10-25-2018, 02:44 PM
http://www.hudl.com/v/28KWK8

The longer you watch, the more impressed. He has been a starter for 4 years in a system close to Moorhead's own. This is the future in less than 6 months away.

Coach007
10-25-2018, 02:48 PM
https://www.hudl.com/profile/5557872/Garrett-Shrader

Watch some of his high lights add from this year INCLUDING the jump pass TD. In that game he was 75%..

Coach007
10-25-2018, 02:51 PM
Vs Metro... 78.6%

It's the next high light

msugolf
10-25-2018, 02:52 PM
A look at our record next year if so ....

4-8

bluelightstar
10-25-2018, 02:55 PM
This is dumb

Coach007
10-25-2018, 02:57 PM

4-8

LMAO! Why? What makes you think that a kid who knows the system and completing deep ball passes with accuracy and with quick decision making and will be on campus to go through Spring training is an automatic 8 losses...

StarkVegasSteve
10-25-2018, 02:57 PM

4-8

This kid would've been Elite 11 if he had been healthy enough to throw. So he's got the skills. And he has a coaching staff full of former NFL players. They'll have him ready mentally. Just have to see how he adjusts to the SEC speed of the game.

Coursesuper
10-25-2018, 03:02 PM
LMAO! Why? What makes you think that a kid who knows the system and completing deep ball passes with accuracy and with quick decision making and will be on campus to go through Spring training is an automatic 8 losses...

I'm not saying it's straight up 8 losses but the jump from high school to the SEC west is a long long jump. If anyone here thinks that a high school kid that is running a spread high school offense is going to be the savior of Mississippi State football you've got another thing coming.

Cary Hudson's little bro
10-25-2018, 03:13 PM
Stop doing this to the kid. He won't see the field until 2022 and he doesn't have to.

Homedawg
10-25-2018, 03:48 PM

The longer you watch, the more impressed. He has been a starter for 4 years in a system close to Moorhead's own. This is the future in less than 6 months away.

If we start a tr fr we will get steam rolled.

sscjr1
10-25-2018, 03:48 PM
I thought it was a KT highlight video

Cooterpoot
10-25-2018, 03:54 PM
He's not starting next year. Still has to get his shoulder right and get strong enough to handle the SEC grind.

Todd4State
10-25-2018, 04:00 PM
He threw more passes with touch in that video than Fitz has thrown in his entire career at MSU.

And the first highlight where he jumped over the guy was impressive.

Coach007
10-25-2018, 04:06 PM
I'm not saying it's straight up 8 losses but the jump from high school to the SEC west is a long long jump. If anyone here thinks that a high school kid that is running a spread high school offense is going to be the savior of Mississippi State football you've got another thing coming.

Fromm did it last year. He's running a close system and has started for 4 years in that system.

Coach007
10-25-2018, 04:10 PM
He's not starting next year. Still has to get his shoulder right and get strong enough to handle the SEC grind.

Nothing wrong with his shoulder. He threw for 270 yards, 2 td and completed 75% of his passes including a 45 yard pass last week.

TrapGame
10-25-2018, 04:12 PM
If this kid grasps the system, makes the reads and throws an accurate deep ball he will start. Joe may be willing to put his eggs all in one basket next year.

dawgday166
10-25-2018, 04:16 PM

Not saying he doesn't have a good arm. Throws off his back foot on the deep ball tho.

But I will say this ... all of his highlights are against a bunch of small, slow white boys. Last time I checked, that's not your typical defense in SEC. So quick decision making ... I'm not buying that. It'll need to speed up by a couple of orders of magnitude in the SEC.

ETA: I don't recall exactly, but I believe KT's highlights were just as good against much better competition.

msstate7
10-25-2018, 04:19 PM
If we start a tr fr we will get steam rolled.

With Joe at the controls, we probably get steam rolled regardless

TrapGame
10-25-2018, 04:23 PM
I think we can all agree that if Joe wants to keep his job he better be getting KT starts in hopes that he can run this offense with some confidence and precision next season. Letting KT get his lumps in now will help us greatly next season.

Coursesuper
10-25-2018, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=Coach007;1014334]Fromm did it last year. He's running a close system and has started for 4 years in that system.[/QUOTE

Apples and oranges situations. UGA last year was much much more talented than we are or will be in the near future. They had NFL RBs, outstanding WRs and a solid OL on top of that the defense was one of the best in the country. And they played in the East. We play in the West.

DownwardDawg
10-25-2018, 04:44 PM
With Joe at the controls, we probably get steam rolled regardless

You better hope JoMo continues to suck and gets fired. If he turns things around and starts winning more than Mullen, you are going to be miserable. More so than you are now.

Dawgology
10-25-2018, 04:49 PM
Who he going to throw it to, homespice?

msstate7
10-25-2018, 04:56 PM
You better hope JoMo continues to suck and gets fired. If he turns things around and starts winning more than Mullen, you are going to be miserable. More so than you are now.

I would love for Moorhead to win. I was first to come here and congratulate him after auburn game. You're a damn idiot if you think I want us to lose.

Homedawg
10-25-2018, 05:14 PM
I would love for Moorhead to win. I was first to come here and congratulate him after auburn game. You're a damn idiot if you think I want us to lose.

Nobody wants us to suck. It's just that we do....on offense. It's a fact. I hope it changes. I hope for lots of things.

bobcat91
10-25-2018, 05:56 PM
I dont want a true Fr running the offense in the SEC. Having said that, if Mayden isnt the man, then Schrader may have to. I've seen enough to know that KT isnt the answer in this offense. Those pushing him are just the folks who always want the backup in. He is no better than Fitz and lacks Fitz running ability. That's why he hasnt been in the games.

bulldawg28
10-25-2018, 06:39 PM
I thought it was a KT highlight video

Yep, or this thread was about him

bulldawg28
10-25-2018, 06:40 PM
I dont want a true Fr running the offense in the SEC. Having said that, if Mayden isnt the man, then Schrader may have to. I've seen enough to know that KT isnt the answer in this offense. Those pushing him are just the folks who always want the backup in. He is no better than Fitz and lacks Fitz running ability. That's why he hasnt been in the games.

Are you drunk or high?

DownwardDawg
10-25-2018, 07:50 PM

I still love you bro!!!!!!

msstate7
10-25-2018, 07:57 PM
I still love you bro!!!!!!

Great to hear... I really thought you had moved on

Goldendawg
10-25-2018, 08:35 PM
What kind of league does he play in, talent wise?

HoopsDawg
10-25-2018, 08:50 PM

7 doesn't care about being right more than MSU winning. He wants MSU to win.

bobcat91
10-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Are you drunk or high?

Neither. If you are too stupid to understand why Fitz keeps starting and playing I cant help you. KT isnt a fit for this offense either.

Lord McBuckethead
10-25-2018, 11:55 PM

Tua says hello.

Bothrops
10-26-2018, 12:12 AM
I love this kid and he will be a good one (maybe great) for us if healthy, but that is some weak ass HS ball.

Coach007
10-26-2018, 01:08 AM
Who he going to throw it to, homespice?

Same people that are here now with the addition of one more. Remember these are the people everybody is saying are open now and Fitz can't see.

Coach007
10-26-2018, 01:37 AM
Not saying he doesn't have a good arm. Throws off his back foot on the deep ball tho.

But I will say this ... all of his highlights are against a bunch of small, slow white boys. Last time I checked, that's not your typical defense in SEC. So quick decision making ... I'm not buying that. It'll need to speed up by a couple of orders of magnitude in the SEC.

ETA: I don't recall exactly, but I believe KT's highlights were just as good against much better competition.

No sir. Not even CLOSE. His highlights are full of scrambles and runs. He completed 59%. The Kid, at the same time was at 68%

Pit Bull
10-26-2018, 01:42 AM

I think KT and Mayden's films look just as good. What's the big deal?

bulldawg28
10-26-2018, 05:12 AM
Neither. If you are too stupid to understand why Fitz keeps starting and playing I cant help you. KT isnt a fit for this offense either.

You're too stupid to realize anyone sober minded can see Fitz isn't working. You're also too ignorant to assume his backup isn't capable after one game.

dawgday166
10-26-2018, 06:30 AM
Same people that are here now with the addition of one more. Remember these are the people everybody is saying are open now and Fitz can't see.

Everyone is acting like someone is wide open every play. They're not. There are 4 or 5 times max a game that may be the case. And in FL game which I rewatched 3 times, there were 2 to 4 times Fitz didn't throw the ball where he should have. In all the other cases he threw to the open receiver and actually played pretty well. He did miss Osirus down the left sideline for what would've been close to a TD tho. But when you have about 1.5 secs to make a decision and throw it on most downs, you tend to get rid of the ball sooner than a deep pattern will open up.

dawgday166
10-26-2018, 06:33 AM
Tua says hello.

I think this kid would be great with Tua's Oline and RBs that give him great protection (all of Tua's RBs actually block LBs), and his slew of 5* WRs that are open in about .5 secs or less every play, and then catch EVERYTHING within 5 yds of them. Not that they have to do that too often.

Quaoarsking
10-26-2018, 07:03 AM
It's not just Tua (who would be still outstanding on a team with lesser OL, WR, RB) - true freshmen QB play all over the college football landscape.

Also, a true freshman QB who was nowhere near as heralded as Shrader led us to Croom's only bowl, so we shouldn't act like it's totally unprecedented in the SEC.

msugolf
10-26-2018, 07:36 AM
It's not just Tua (who would be still outstanding on a team with lesser OL, WR, RB) - true freshmen QB play all over the college football landscape.

Also, a true freshman QB who was nowhere near as heralded as Shrader led us to Croom's only bowl, so we shouldn't act like it's totally unprecedented in the SEC.

We had the 113 ranked offense in the country in 2007 while our defense was 21st. Wes Carroll had a 52% completion percentage. I'd hardly say he led anything.

Cooterpoot
10-26-2018, 07:52 AM
1. Tua wasn’t a starter last year.
2. Schrader is not physically ready to play in college. His shoulder is still weak and he’s not playing next year beyond the redshirt rule.

Dawgfan77
10-26-2018, 08:00 AM
Fellow state fans. Listen to me. No matter what QB we trot out there the results are not gonna change. This offense will not work! Don?t give me that shit about we have WR open... everyone does! If this offense was remotely successful and I?m talking about inside the top 100 in conference play we would be no worse than 5-2. The offense is a terrible scheme for this conference. IT WILL NOT WORK! What more must he show you??

Quaoarsking
10-26-2018, 08:11 AM
Fellow state fans. Listen to me. No matter what QB we trot out there the results are not gonna change. This offense will not work! Don?t give me that shit about we have WR open... everyone does! If this offense was remotely successful and I?m talking about inside the top 100 in conference play we would be no worse than 5-2. The offense is a terrible scheme for this conference. IT WILL NOT WORK! What more must he show you??

Everyone said the same thing about the run and shoot, the spread option, the hurry up no huddle, etc., until Spurrier, Meyer, Malzahn, etc., proved them wrong.

Not to mention Dak's air raid in 2015 and whatever we call Johnny Manziel's scheme.

Quaoarsking
10-26-2018, 08:13 AM
We had the 113 ranked offense in the country in 2007 while our defense was 21st. Wes Carroll had a 52% completion percentage. I'd hardly say he led anything.

If Shrader completes 52% next year and our defense is is 21st, we'll go 9-4.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2018, 08:30 AM
Great to hear... I really thought you had moved on

Naw man. We?re really not that far apart. Moorehead May never win me back due to the Florida loss. I don?t think he?s gonna turn this around but you seem much more adamant than me. Also, I don?t miss Mullen. He didn?t like us so screw him. It was time for change. It just looks like we made a terrible hire. I’m not wasting any energy wishing we had Mullen back.

Dawg61
10-26-2018, 11:43 AM

You're an idiot apparently because Keytaon is actually averaging MORE yards rushing than Fitz in his 2.75 starts. vs Ole Miss, Louisville and SFA, Key had three straight plus 100 yards performances for 377 total yards rushing and 6 touchdowns. SIX!!

NCDawg
10-26-2018, 01:43 PM
Naw man. We?re really not that far apart. Moorehead May never win me back due to the Florida loss. I don?t think he?s gonna turn this around but you seem much more adamant than me. Also, I don?t miss Mullen. He didn?t like us so screw him. It was time for change. It just looks like we made a terrible hire. I’m not wasting any energy wishing we had Mullen back.

I agree with you. We don't need Mullen back-people forget how he choked when we really needed a win (Ole Miss and Alabama). It's going to be difficult for Moorhead to win back a lot State fans after the Florida loss- a game which we had no business losing

bobcat91
10-26-2018, 06:10 PM
You're an idiot apparently because Keytaon is actually averaging MORE yards rushing than Fitz in his 2.75 starts. vs Ole Miss, Louisville and SFA, Key had three straight plus 100 yards performances for 377 total yards rushing and 6 touchdowns. SIX!!

Why isnt he playing? Even as stupid as you are, I think you could figure it out. The teams you listed have some of the worst defenses ever put on a field. Yall are delusional if you think KT is the answer.

Dawg61
10-26-2018, 06:21 PM
Why isnt he playing?

Because our HC refuses to bench Fitz despite it being the most obvious of all decisions. Maybe that's because Moorhead is afraid of confrontation or maybe it's because he's afraid to bench a senior QB that he told would win the heisman trophy. What's your breaking point with Fitz? Apparently it's not throwing for only 19 yards with 4 picks late in the 4th quarter so what is it exactly? How bad does it have to get before you wanna see the 4* QB that LSU wanted?

Homedawg
10-26-2018, 06:54 PM
If Shrader completes 52% next year and our defense is is 21st, we'll go 9-4.

Well we won't have the 21st ranked defense and that would be a solid year for a fr. But that's not gonna get you to 9-4.

Pit Bull
10-27-2018, 09:43 AM
We'll be lucky if our D is top 30 next year with all the losses we're gonna have.

bulldawg28
10-27-2018, 10:05 AM
Why isnt he playing? Even as stupid as you are, I think you could figure it out. The teams you listed have some of the worst defenses ever put on a field. Yall are delusional if you think KT is the answer.

Little man syndrome is strong with this one.