PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to like Shoop

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 09:56 PM
He's a good interview IMO. Not a lot of glowing reports on how great the D is. Kinda downplays that and talks about the things they need to work on to help the team win. He ain't feeding the team rat poison.

ETA: Of course it do help that the D is knocking other teams' jocks in the dirt. We got things we can improve but they at least hitting folks.

Dawgtini
10-24-2018, 10:00 PM
+1. He seems genuinely glad to be the F outa Tenn.

msstate7
10-24-2018, 10:10 PM
If we wanna win, shoop needs to hold sec teams to 8 since we only scoring an avg of 9

MarketingBully
10-24-2018, 10:17 PM
And to think before the season everyone questioned Moorhead hiring him. If we only knew then what we know now. The great thing is we will lose some from this defense but we should still be able to have a very good defense next year.

Cooterpoot
10-24-2018, 11:28 PM
The defense isn’t getting enough turnovers. But otherwise has been great.

thf24
10-25-2018, 08:04 AM
It's funny in hindsight how Shoop was the one many were insisting on worrying about going into the season.

Doggie_Style
10-25-2018, 08:21 AM
It's funny in hindsight how Shoop was the one many were insisting on worrying about going into the season.

Yup...and it looks like Getsy is the assistant that is sucking wind. I have never seen a position group that looks as confused as our WR's. That plus the fact that we wasted Whops' freshman year makes a strong case for post season termination.

StarkVegasSteve
10-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Shoop is doing what any coach with half a brain does when he has a truckload of talent. He adapts his scheme to fit their talent. Somehow, our head coach hasn't figured that out yet. I have been very impressed with what Shoop has done so far though. He's kept us playing an attacking defense.

TrapGame
10-25-2018, 08:51 AM
Yup...and it looks like Getsy is the assistant that is sucking wind. I have never seen a position group that looks as confused as our WR's. That plus the fact that we wasted Whops' freshman year makes a strong case for post season termination.

I think Getsy still thinks he's coaching NFL guys. There's a disconnect.