PDA

View Full Version : Andra Hunter appears to be the real deal.....

Pit Bull
10-24-2018, 08:46 PM
…..she ripped off 29 pts. in the ladies scrimmage the other day. Went 6 for 11 from 3pt range. This was the key piece I was waiting to see.....whether we had anyone to halfway replace Vivians production. If Andra's production is anywhere close to this...we could be really really good this year.....again! The early game at Virginia will be the first real test for our lady dogs!

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 08:52 PM
I sure hope she gets eligible this year. I'm ready for some Schaefer women's hoops. And also wanting to see Howland's boys in his 4th year. Might make a little jump with them.

I_Spy
10-24-2018, 08:52 PM
They call her ‘buckets’ hunter. Sounds good to me. I cannot wait for women’s basketball!

Pit Bull
10-24-2018, 08:59 PM
Isn't she eligible on Jan 1, 2019? I guess Vic may be trying to get her eligible for the fall schedule. Even if we just get her for SEC reg. season, and tourney play, I would be happy.

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 09:01 PM
Isn't she eligible on Jan 1, 2019? I guess Vic may be trying to get her ready for the fall schedule. Even if we just get her for SEC reg. season, and tourney play, I would be happy.

I knew he was applying to NCAA for that. I haven't heard that NCAA allowed it yet tho.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-24-2018, 09:04 PM
Isn't she eligible on Jan 1, 2019? I guess Vic may be trying to get her eligible for the fall schedule. Even if we just get her for SEC reg. season, and tourney play, I would be happy.

Right now she's not eligible at all this season. We're trying to get a waiver to get her eligible.

LC Dawg
10-24-2018, 09:06 PM
Right now she's not eligible at all this season. We're trying to get a waiver to get her eligible.

Has there been a date mentioned that we can expect a decision. I think Espinoza-Hunter has a decent shot at being eligible with Promise Taylor much more of a long shot.

captaindog
10-24-2018, 09:21 PM
Has there been a date mentioned that we can expect a decision. I think Espinoza-Hunter has a decent shot at being eligible with Promise Taylor much more of a long shot.

Supposedly we were hoping to hear something this week. However I don?t think it?s set in stone regarding a time.

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 09:23 PM

If Saban was her coach she woulda done been eligible ***

Ifyouonlyknew
10-24-2018, 09:24 PM

It's the NCAA you just never know.

LC Dawg
10-24-2018, 09:33 PM
If Saban was her coach she woulda done been eligible ***

Ha! True but he would have to spend too much time explaining to the Tide fans about this sport called basketball. And even more time to explain that they let women play.

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 09:36 PM
Ha! True but he would have to spend too much time explaining to the Tide fans about this sport called basketball. And even more time to explain that they let women play.

LMAO ... +1.

StarkVegasSteve
10-25-2018, 08:40 AM

She's not elgible til Jan 1, 2020 as of now.

Doggie_Style
10-25-2018, 09:08 AM

2020? That can't be right. She has to sit two semesters is what I thought. When did she enroll?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-25-2018, 09:09 AM

She wouldn't have to sit out 2 full years. If she doesn't get the waiver she'd be eligible for the entire 2019-20 season.

Lord McBuckethead
10-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Why would she get a waiver? I mean she elected to transfer. Not really sure what the NCAA is trying to accomplish with all these exceptions yada yada yada.

In my opinion, these players are students. Any student in America can transfer after any and all semesters to any school in the country for which they can be accepted. To single out their situation just reeks of bullshit. I am pretty positive, all scholarships are for only one school year, correct. Technically, the school could pull someones scholarship after any and all school years are complete. So why make them sit. Seems like they are not have the same opportunities as regular students.

StarkVegasSteve
10-25-2018, 11:26 AM
2020? That can't be right. She has to sit two semesters is what I thought. When did she enroll?

She didn't enroll until this summer. It's some really weird rules with the transfer, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing when she committed that she wouldn't be eligible to conference play next season. Could be wrong though. And judging by the stats from their scrimmage I can see why Schaefer is fighting so hard to get her eligible.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-25-2018, 11:54 AM
She didn't enroll until this summer. It's some really weird rules with the transfer, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing when she committed that she wouldn't be eligible to conference play next season. Could be wrong though. And judging by the stats from their scrimmage I can see why Schaefer is fighting so hard to get her eligible.

The rule is it's supposed to sit out 2 semesters from when you enroll. She enrolled this summer so without the waiver she wouldn't be eligible until next summer. She would play the entire 2019-20 season.

TStationDawg
10-25-2018, 11:59 AM
From what I've seen and heard, I think we have better "shooters" (don't confuse with "Scorers" like VV) than we've ever had. The girl from GA is legit. I think our PG play will be better actually- we'll see- imho. MW got a little hesitant for my liking late last year. Also, we still have big T which will free everyone else up, we also have Howard who will cause her own problems and will certainly help clean up on the boards. No mistake, this team will be different, but has a chance to actually be better in the full court D that Vic prefers while still being able to produce points. To the same extent as last year? Remains to be seen. Either way, Vic will get the most out of them! I'm excited to watch!