PDA

View Full Version : If it went down like article says ....

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 08:28 PM
This is the kinda stuff I suspected and did piss me off at Mullen.

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/aj-brown/aj-brown?campaign=tw-nf-sf200620197-sf200620197

DownwardDawg
10-24-2018, 08:36 PM
Mullen sucked at recruiting. That’s why I still think we can do much better than Mullen. Imagine a good coach that can recruit also.

BrunswickDawg
10-24-2018, 08:37 PM

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/aj-brown/aj-brown?campaign=tw-nf-sf200620197-sf200620197

That's as bad as Croom falling asleep on a recruiting visit.

msstate7
10-24-2018, 08:39 PM
Delete

Dawg61
10-24-2018, 08:39 PM
Mullen sucks as a recruiter and he's arrogant as hell.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2018, 08:41 PM
Once again, we were never in the running for Brown. I knew that from a good source during his Jr high school season.

TrapGame
10-24-2018, 08:42 PM
The night Mississippi State lost any chance, Bulldogs WR coach Billy Gonzales made a home visit to Brown, called Mullen, and put the head coach on speakerphone. After a few minutes, Brown stood up and walked out, leaving Gonzales as the only audience to Mullen's pitch.

"I've got head coaches from everywhere coming to visit," Brown said, "but Dan Mullen couldn't drive five minutes?"

Wow.

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 08:45 PM
Once again, we were never in the running for Brown. I knew that from a good source during his Jr high school season.

Don't know for sure but ... article says he grew up cheering for maroon & white. But I know that to you ... Dan didn't EVER do anything the wrong way.

I'd take Dan back right now and also believe we'd be 7-0 or 6-1 worst case right now. But I also think if he had given RELENTLESS effort all the time in all aspects of coaching .. we could've been 2nd in West 3 or so times while he was here.

If Dan was here right now, the thing that would be the most glaring weakness on this team would be the WRs.

Homedawg
10-24-2018, 08:46 PM

It didn't happen like that. And I'm not defending dan. Recruiting isn't his strength, we all know that. However, head coaches get one in home. One. We had his dad in the office in dec. we thought it would up our chances to do the visit later. Well after the office visit his dad basically cut us out. Y'all do the math. He wasn't there but for one thing. If dan had done his visit early we still wouldn't have gotten him believe what you want. We never ever had a shot. Period.

msstate7
10-24-2018, 08:48 PM
If Dan was here right now, the thing that would be the most glaring weakness on this team would be the WRs.

Rather the glaring weakness be our WRs and not the dunce we call HC like now

LC Dawg
10-24-2018, 08:48 PM
Stories like this are why I get pissed at all the threads about how we would do if Mullen was still here. He didn't want to be here and he didn't try that hard when he was here. We paid that mother****er $5M a year and he couldn't drive across town and visit the best player in Mississippi.

msstate7
10-24-2018, 08:49 PM
It didn't happen like that. And I'm not defending dan. Recruiting isn't his strength, we all know that. However, head coaches get one in home. One. We had his dad in the office in dec. we thought it would up our chances to do the visit later. Well after the office visit his dad basically cut us out. Y'all do the math. He wasn't there but for one thing. If dan had done his visit early we still wouldn't have gotten him believe what you want. We never ever had a shot. Period.

Yep. Aj went to the highest bidder. He's now just trying to justify his going to OM

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 08:49 PM
Rather the glaring weakness be our WRs and not the dunce we call HC like now

I'm not arguing that point either. But if we had AJ right now, like we had an almost 1000 yd receiver in Fred Ross in Fitz RS Soph year, we may not have as many issues in the passing game. Maybe we would but AJ would be an asset I'm thinking.

drummerdawg
10-24-2018, 08:50 PM
The article left out the part where his dad was looking for a handout.

Jack Lambert
10-24-2018, 08:50 PM
Mullen sucks as a recruiter and he's arrogant as hell.

And FL is ranked 22nd in recruiting.

Really Clark?
10-24-2018, 08:51 PM

This is correct and the Dec meeting with his dad and the breakdown was discussed on here when it happened or shortly after it happened but I think it was the same day.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2018, 08:52 PM
Don't know for sure but ... article says he grew up cheering for maroon & white. But I know that to you ... Dan didn't EVER do anything the wrong way.

I'd take Dan back right now and also believe we'd be 7-0 or 6-1 worst case right now. But I also think if he had given RELENTLESS effort all the time in all aspects of coaching .. we could've been 2nd in West 3 or so times while he was here.

I just know what I heard. Now my source DID say it was Bama vs UM and he was headed to Bama....for nearly 2 years. He said it right up until ......he didn't. He was always adamant that WE would never get him. I have no idea in why. It could have been Mullen, it could have been something else. This person is NOT an MSU person.

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2018, 08:53 PM
Yep. Aj went to the highest bidder. He's now just trying to justify his going to OM

He is trying to justify why he didn't go to MSU, after the fact.

Todd4State
10-24-2018, 09:02 PM
When you have a player like that in your backyard you HAVE TO play the game. Period.

MarketingBully
10-24-2018, 09:02 PM
I suppose Lashley, Knott, and Davis all went to the highest bidder because all of those recruitments had similar stories to AJ.

MarketingBully
10-24-2018, 09:04 PM
When you have a player like that in your backyard you HAVE TO play the game. Period.

They also didn?t like Mullen so there?s that. He could rub people the wrong way.

MarketingBully
10-24-2018, 09:06 PM
The fact of the matter on AJ is you have to recruit a kid like that non stop as early as you can. Mullen sucked at recruiting and could be a pompous ass so all kids aren’t right for his program. I’ve never heard ever from any recruit ever that he was a relentless recruiter.

Dawg2003
10-24-2018, 09:06 PM
For all of Mullen's faults, I find it difficult to believe he wouldn't show up for an in home visit with a recruit of Brown's caliber if he thought we had a chance.

LC Dawg
10-24-2018, 09:09 PM
For all of Mullen's faults, I find it difficult to believe he wouldn't show up for an in home visit with a recruit of Brown's caliber if he thought we had a chance.
Even if he didn't think we had a chance he can still drive across ****ing town and talk to the kid. He's getting paid millions of dollars to do that.

Todd4State
10-24-2018, 09:10 PM

This was around 2015 when Dan was amping up trying to leave too. You can tell by his recruiting that he didn't give a shit. This is the same class he lost Scott Lashley too. Missing out on WR's and OL is killing us now even though we have an elite defense.

Homedawg
10-24-2018, 09:11 PM
This is correct and the Dec meeting with his dad and the breakdown was discussed on here when it happened or shortly after it happened but I think it was the same day.

Thanks for confirming it.... nobody wants to believe it but that's what happened.

Todd4State
10-24-2018, 09:11 PM
Even if he didn't think we had a chance he can still drive across ****ing town and talk to the kid. He's getting paid millions of dollars to do that.

Rep given. It's amazing to me how much benefit of the doubt Dan got and still gets from a lot of our fans.

Homedawg
10-24-2018, 09:13 PM

That's not how we play the game. The head coach doesn't handle that stuff. Nor should he. Not saying you are saying otherwise just that Mullen was going to be as clean as possible. Others can handle that stuff. The demands made were made to him in this instance.

msstate7
10-24-2018, 09:14 PM
Thanks for confirming it.... nobody wants to believe it but that's what happened.

Mullen is the devil here. Anyone could've won like he did here bc of sec money. Mullen couldn't recruit, but somehow we have a boatload of talent on the team. I understand everyone is butt hurt he left us, but it's ridiculous to act like Mullen wasn't crap or that we not missing him

Homedawg
10-24-2018, 09:14 PM

Read what I said above damn.

Homedawg
10-24-2018, 09:16 PM
Rep given. It's amazing to me how much benefit of the doubt Dan got and still gets from a lot of our fans.

Again, read what I said before. This had nothing to do with lazy. Nothing. Not one damn thing. And more amazing is how much you still bitch about him. When this stupid **** was handed a good team and has utterly ****ed it up.

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 09:18 PM
Mullen is the devil here. Anyone could've won like he did here bc of sec money. Mullen couldn't recruit, but somehow we have a boatload of talent on the team. I understand everyone is butt hurt he left us, but it's ridiculous to act like Mullen wasn't crap or that we not missing him

Who's acting like Mullen wasn't crap ... seems some are acting like he was crap *****

The times I've been pissed at Mullen is when he was slacking IMO, like summer of 2016. But he had potential to get us to where we are talent wise this year. He still would've probably lost 2 tho. But he's a very good coach and can recruit too when he wants to.

MarketingBully
10-24-2018, 09:18 PM

We have great talent except at receiver and we don’t have a QB who can pass. Moorhead’s offense has always been predicated on stretching the field vertically. That’s all on Mullen’s receiver recruiting among them his failure to get AJ Brown.

LC Dawg
10-24-2018, 09:22 PM
Read what I said above damn.

I said nothing about paying the player.
Many coaches have nothing to do with a player getting paid but most coaches don't try to prove a point with the best player in the state that lives minutes from the stadium he coaches in.
To say Mullen doesn't deserve some fault in us not getting AJ Brown is like saying Joe Moorhead doesn't deserve some fault in our record this year. It's all part of the job as a head coach.
Damn.

Homedawg
10-24-2018, 09:25 PM
We have great talent except at receiver and we don’t have a QB who can pass. Moorhead’s offense has always been predicated on stretching the field vertically. That’s all on Mullen’s receiver recruiting among them his failure to get AJ Brown.

So that's why our Rb's get 10 carries between them?? Just save it. Fitz has been bad. Part of that is on him, the rest is on jomo. I watched Mullen have not one but 2 wide open wr on play action plays last year against LSU, and there were lots more Bama etc. If we did that just once and missed it I'd lay it on fitz, just like the Bama game first play last year. Instead of creative runs, we run more designed qb runs than Mullen. And you and others were the main ones bitching about Mullen do I g it.

Dawgtini
10-24-2018, 09:27 PM
Brown wanted the $$$$ and TSUNAMI delivered. End of story. Mullen didn?t put up with Pre-Madonna?s and I don?t blame him. Good riddance mr brown and Bug.

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 09:28 PM
Brown wanted the $$$$ and TSUNAMI delivered. End of story. Mullen didn?t put up with Pre-Madonna?s and I don?t blame him. Good riddance mr brown and Bug.

What did Metcalf want? Or did he grow up an OM fan?

MarketingBully
10-24-2018, 09:32 PM
What did Metcalf want? Or did he grow up an OM fan?

What these guys aren’t telling you is the Browns didn’t like Mullen and they weren’t coming here because of Mullen and whatever he did in recruiting AJ probably wouldn’t of worked. That’s the point. AJ grew up a fan of MSU but was never a fan of Mullen.

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 09:33 PM
What these guys aren’t telling you is the Browns didn’t like Mullen and they weren’t coming here because of Mullen and whatever he did in recruiting AJ probably wouldn’t of worked. That’s the point. AJ grew up a fan of MSU but was never a fan of Mullen.

Well I'm thinking somehow we should've got one of them ... even if we did have to pony up a few bucks.

msstate7
10-24-2018, 09:35 PM
Well I'm thinking somehow we should've got one of them ... even if we did have to pony up a few bucks.

I didn't volunteer a penny, so I won't be critical of the ones that do drive our recruiting

DogsofAnarchy
10-24-2018, 09:47 PM
That's as bad as Croom falling asleep on a recruiting visit.

That?s actually did happen.

Really Clark?
10-24-2018, 09:55 PM
What these guys aren?t telling you is the Browns didn?t like Mullen and they weren?t coming here because of Mullen and whatever he did in recruiting AJ probably wouldn?t of worked. That?s the point. AJ grew up a fan of MSU but was never a fan of Mullen.

AJ was on campus and spending time with Mullen all the time before dad went side ways at that meeting. You can?t count how much time he spent with Mullen prior.

Dawgtini
10-24-2018, 09:59 PM
Facts have no bearing with this propaganda.

Dawg61
10-24-2018, 10:08 PM

Seems to me it's you that's butt hurt Dan left not others. You're the one struggling to deal with it.

99jc
17 the Browns and don't let that closed door hit you all on the ass on your way to oxford. And 17 you Kermit Davis your the worst of all the traitors.

Commercecomet24
Facts have no bearing with this propaganda.

Yeah there is a ton of bs floating through that.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-24-2018, 10:16 PM

I knew junior year too and ultimately got temporarily banned from here for going against what the "people in the know" we're saying on this board.

LC Dawg
10-24-2018, 10:27 PM
Hey Coach Saban, Alabama's not in it with Scott Lashley. He has a family connection to Mississippi State and he has told the coaches he is going to sign with them.
Coach Saban: Oh, ok. I guess I won't waste my time going to talk to the kid.

Bodaski
10-24-2018, 10:47 PM

Barney Farrah was the man recruiting AJ. OM got special permission for Barney to replace their OC/QB coach on the road recruiting. The coach had a special needs child that the coach had to take care of. His wife passed away a few years back and he coached HS ball at North Delta for several years until Freeze got him to come back to OM. William Gillespie was an asst. coach at Starkville and was involved in the recruiting of AJ. Remember Kolby Jones was in that class too. There have been rumors told about what all went down and Dan wasn't going to play the game AJ's dad wanted. That is where so many people got mad at Dan. He didn't understand SEC recruiting and I don't think JOMO does either. As bad as you think these guys don't recruit its not they can't recruit, they don't want to risk their futures.

BuckyIsAB****
10-25-2018, 01:40 AM

Whoever wrote that was either paid by OM to write it or went to OM. May have been Matt Luke himself that wrote that. That was so biased haha

Maroonthirteen
10-25-2018, 05:23 AM
The first paragraph is nothing but hyperbole. As is the rest of the opinion piece.

Where is this redwood Forrest in which Bug was fetching the car? Ha!

Dawgology
10-25-2018, 07:51 AM
This is a bullshit article. I understand you can only write/print the story that your interviewees give you but just a little digging could have proven a lot of these "didn't show me love" accusations false. Fact is, "Bug" didn't want his son to go to State so he didn't. There are various rea$ons for that. This is a fluff piece and more about Brown trying to justify going to Ole Miss.

You are right, A.J., that door has closed. Don't come back if you didn't want to be here in the first place.

Brahmabull
10-25-2018, 09:24 AM
That article is not worth the time it takes to read the first paragraph. It is bullshit. For all those who say AJ didn't like Mullen or State, then why did he spend countless hours on campus around our facilities? It's all bullshit. Bottom line is Daddy wanted ridiculous cash. More than Bama would even pay him otherwise he would've gone to bama. OM paid. Simple as that. Now, AJ's career is coming to an end at OM and he is trying to justify why he chose to go to a dumpster fire rather than MSU or Bama.

There is no denying AJ is an incredible talent. He will forever be looked at by State fans as the Starkville kid who left for the money. OM fans will forever look at him as one of the few bright spots in a shitty era of OM football. In other words, his college career will be forgotten in due time. He better pray he goes to a top notch NFL organization so he can win. Otherwise, he will be in a long list of players who were very talented but at the end of the day they never won shit!

RougeDawg
10-25-2018, 09:27 AM
I just know what I heard. Now my source DID say it was Bama vs UM and he was headed to Bama....for nearly 2 years. He said it right up until ......he didn't. He was always adamant that WE would never get him. I have no idea in why. It could have been Mullen, it could have been something else. This person is NOT an MSU person.

You need new sources. You were flat out wrong on the entire Keenum handling of Loafers and Don. Unless keenum was lying to my face, I?ll take word from the horses mouth over your source who is usually a 180 from the truth.

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2018, 09:55 AM

It wouldn't have mattered at all if he had. If I knew it I suspect he did too.

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2018, 09:58 AM
You need new sources. You were flat out wrong on the entire Keenum handling of Loafers and Don. Unless keenum was lying to my face, I?ll take word from the horses mouth over your source who is usually a 180 from the truth.
Different source for Brown. I told you it wasn't a MSU source at all.

Liverpooldawg
10-25-2018, 10:03 AM

You are aware that Keenum doesn't call all the shots when it comes to athletics aren't you?