PDA

View Full Version : Where's Whop??

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 07:21 PM
Seems like everyone wants the backup QB including me now. Yet, we got WRs dropping passes that hit them in hands or chests, not running the correct routes, missing blocking assignments, or not looking around for a pass that almost hits them in their earhole, which maybe Fitz has zero confidence in any of them now.

But for arguments sake, why are we not hollering for backup WRs, like a true freshman 4* that was supposed to be all-world too. Whop ain't playing offense any but apparently he's not redshirting either. He's playing special teams and has played in too many games to redshirt. At least that is what I heard Rosie tell Bo Bounds today.

Why would Whop not redshirt if he's not playing any on offense or defense? Is this a smart move by the coaching staff? :mad:

Bothrops
10-24-2018, 07:27 PM
He ain't been throwed to! A qb would help.

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 07:29 PM
Has he been playing on offense. Rosie asked specifically about him in press conference as was told he's playing special teams.

Homedawg
10-24-2018, 07:38 PM
Has he been playing on offense. Rosie asked specifically about him in press conference as was told he's playing special teams.

Other than a few garbage snaps. He and Murphy both of them have a case of the spinning head and are little lost at their respective positions. It's a tough transition as a tr fr.

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 07:42 PM
Other than a few garbage snaps. He and Murphy both of them have a case of the spinning head and are little lost at their respective positions. It's a tough transition as a tr fr.

Seems our whole offense has case of spinning heads. But for sake of argument, Whop has major spinning head then ... why not redshirt him?

ETA: Besides, Whop can drop a pass, run the wrong route, miss a block as good as the next WR can't he?

Really Clark?
10-24-2018, 07:43 PM
He ain't been throwed to! A qb would help.

Forgot these ***

RocketDawg
10-24-2018, 07:56 PM
Once again because I keep forgetting ... what's Whop's real name?

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 07:59 PM
Once again because I keep forgetting ... what's Whop's real name?

Devonta Jason.

Cowbell
10-24-2018, 08:00 PM

Looks like a tough transition for even upperclassmen in this offense.

NCDawg
10-24-2018, 08:05 PM
Both Devonta Jason and Jalen Mayden look great on film, but I guess they aren't ready yet to play in our high powered offense.

bluelightstar
10-24-2018, 08:06 PM
I obviously don't know how well Jason's picking up the offense, but sure seems like he should find more snaps if we're putting KT out there.

BeardoMSU
10-24-2018, 08:14 PM
Both Devonta Jason and Jalen Mayden look great on film, but I guess they aren't ready yet to play in our high powered offense.

There aren’t enough touches to go around when you only complete 8 passes as game, bro***

Dawg61
10-24-2018, 08:30 PM
Maybe Whop can block a LB while Fitz pads his stats with 22 rushes up the middle.

MarketingBully
10-24-2018, 08:32 PM
Should have been a huge, huge red flag to all of us when we started and have been starting Mitchell at the premier WR position.

Homedawg
10-24-2018, 08:32 PM
Seems our whole offense has case of spinning heads. But for sake of argument, Whop has major spinning head then ... why not redshirt him?

ETA: Besides, Whop can drop a pass, run the wrong route, miss a block as good as the next WR can't he?

I can't answer that, concerning the redshirt. Maybe he didn't want to? Can't answer

Homedawg
10-24-2018, 08:33 PM
Looks like a tough transition for even upperclassmen in this offense.

Agreed. Scary if he can't see the field w this group....

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 08:34 PM
Maybe Whop can block a LB while Fitz pads his stats with 22 rushes up the middle.

Or ... maybe he can be motioned into the backfield on pass plays and pick up the blitzing LBs/Safeties Kylin won't touch.

Homedawg
10-24-2018, 08:34 PM

To be fair, Mayden is nowhere near ready. Now I get it, fitz has been bad, but Mayden can't run like fitz so we'd be bad at everything thing.

msstate7
10-24-2018, 08:35 PM
Seems like everyone wants the backup QB including me now. Yet, we got WRs dropping passes that hit them in hands or chests, not running the correct routes, missing blocking assignments, or not looking around for a pass that almost hits them in their earhole, which maybe Fitz has zero confidence in any of them now.

But for arguments sake, why are we not hollering for backup WRs, like a true freshman 4* that was supposed to be all-world too. Whop ain't playing offense any but apparently he's not redshirting either. He's playing special teams and has played in too many games to redshirt. At least that is what I heard Rosie tell Bo Bounds today.

Why would Whop not redshirt if he's not playing any on offense or defense? Is this a smart move by the coaching staff? :mad:

I think you answered your own question. He's apparently a little overrated. Freshmen WRs play in the sec every year. 7 of the top 42 WRs in the sec are freshmen (16.7%). 6 of the top 40 WRs in the sec last season were freshmen (15%).

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 08:41 PM
I think you answered your own question. He's apparently a little overrated. Freshmen WRs play in the sec every year. 7 of the top 42 WRs in the sec are freshmen (16.7%). 6 of the top 40 WRs in the sec last season were freshmen (15%).

Well, this isn't Mullen so we playing a RB that runs much better and more tough last few games but ... won't touch a LB or Safety on a blitz. So I'm not sure blocking is a prerequisite to playing time for skill players. And the WRs we have seem to miss passes that are catchable all the time (whoops forgot Fitz throws uncatchable balls to anyone in maroon unis ... only other teams LBs & DBs can catch them with no problem, many times laying out and diving to do so).

So I guess I'm trying to figure out what is keeping Whop off the field on offense.

MarketingBully
10-24-2018, 08:41 PM

We are starting Osirius Mitchell in our premier WR position and trying to complete passes downfield with a QB and WR who have the talent profile of a G5 school against future pros. I think Getsy is an idiot in our passing game thinking we can execute with inept pieces. We aren’t even using Guidry in that position. To make matters worse is we play those three a ton of snaps with only one of the receivers with a 4 star profile. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out why our passing game isn’t working except Getsy doesn’t get it so we are where we are.

MarketingBully
10-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Well, this isn't Mullen so we playing a RB that runs much better and more tough last few games but ... won't touch a LB or Safety on a blitz. So I'm not sure blocking is a prerequisite to playing time for skill players. And the WRs we have seem to miss passes that are catchable all the time (whoops forgot Fitz throws uncatchable balls to anyone in maroon unis ... only other teams LBs & DBs can catch them with no problem, many times laying out and diving to do so).

So I guess I'm trying to figure out what is keeping Whop off the field on offense.

I’d say Getsy.

Jack Lambert
10-24-2018, 09:06 PM
I wish they would have just red shirted him.

Homedawg
10-24-2018, 09:08 PM

Me too. But again, maybe he didn't want to. Who knows.

dawgday166
10-24-2018, 09:14 PM

Yea ... I'm trying to figure that one out. That's what's bothering me about it.

Bothrops
10-24-2018, 10:15 PM
Guidry, Williams, Green, and Johnson have all but disappeared from the offense and we are worried about TFr Whop's ability? I think we need a qb.

MarketingBully
10-24-2018, 10:21 PM
I’d bench Mitchell and move Guidry to his spot and put Whop in Guidry’s old spot. I’d also start KT and play for the future. We are only looking at a difference of 7-5 to 8-4. Just play for the future at this point. We have to get a spark in this offense. Fitz ain’t getting it done.

Dawg61
10-25-2018, 12:57 AM
I’d bench Mitchell and move Guidry to his spot and put Whop in Guidry’s old spot. I’d also start KT and play for the future. We are only looking at a difference of 7-5 to 8-4. Just play for the future at this point. We have to get a spark in this offense. Fitz ain’t getting it done.

If you're playing for the future why are you benching the sophomore and current #1 receiver and moving a junior into his spot?

Brahmabull
10-25-2018, 09:02 AM
I kind of understand Whop's struggles thus far to get up to speed. Look where he played high school ball. They didn't run a complex offense. It's a big learning curve. I can only assume he didn't want to redshirt hence the play on special teams.

Lord McBuckethead
10-25-2018, 10:40 AM

Bullshit. There are freshman all over the country playing. Some at high levels. Time for our freshman to sink or swim. I want to see KT run this offense for 5 games in a row. I want O. Mitchell, Whop, A. Williams, Mixon, Thomas, and Guidry to get all the snaps they can. I want to see Whop play in the slot against line backers as well. Get those AJ brown miss matches and tell him to get open.

Lord McBuckethead
10-25-2018, 10:43 AM
If you're playing for the future why are you benching the sophomore and current #1 receiver and moving a junior into his spot?

Exactly, we need Mitchell to wake up and become a baller. Dude has the measurables, speed, etc. Just need to realize he doesn't have to run directly into coverage, but can evade just a little and go and get the ball.

Also, all receivers need to learn the UM WR push off move. DeRunnya knew how to do it. Rarely ever called if you do it as the ball comes in.

Brahmabull
10-25-2018, 10:58 AM
And I wanted to win the damn lottery this week too! Not all offenses in the country require receivers to do things they are required to do in this offense. No coach (not Dan, Joe, or Saban) is going to put a true freshman on the field in live SEC play if they do not understand what they are doing. Some of you act like our coaches aren't playing the best we got right now as if they don't want to win the game. That's asinine!

Homedawg
10-25-2018, 11:03 AM
And I wanted to win the damn lottery this week too! Not all offenses in the country require receivers to do things they are required to do in this offense. No coach (not Dan, Joe, or Saban) is going to put a true freshman on the field in live SEC play if they do not understand what they are doing. Some of you act like our coaches aren't playing the best we got right now as if they don't want to win the game. That's asinine!

This guy gets it^^

tcdog70
10-25-2018, 11:31 AM

i have no problem with Fitz running the ball. Damn he is rushing for 100 yards a game. what has made us win under Dan was the QB running the ball. Now you are mad because he is running the Ball and doing well. Sure I would like for our RBs to run more--how about us just have more snaps thus increasing their chance to run. By having a running QB you should have an extra man to block. That would be good if some didn't just whiff on their blocks. How about LSU and FL took our RBs out they and wanted the QB to run.. Fitz is reading what the defense gives Him. If someone runs--it is fine with me if it is Fitz--if he has proven 1 thing in 3 years it is He can run the 17ing football.

West Tn Dawg
10-25-2018, 12:43 PM
i have no problem with Fitz running the ball. Damn he is rushing for 100 yards a game. what has made us win under Dan was the QB running the ball. Now you are mad because he is running the Ball and doing well. Sure I would like for our RBs to run more--how about us just have more snaps thus increasing their chance to run. By having a running QB you should have an extra man to block. That would be good if some didn't just whiff on their blocks. How about LSU and FL took our RBs out they and wanted the QB to run.. Fitz is reading what the defense gives Him. If someone runs--it is fine with me if it is Fitz--if he has proven 1 thing in 3 years it is He can run the 17ing football.

Problem is, he THINKS it's what the defense is giving him. He has got to learn to recognize what is actually there. So far he's playing into the defense hands. Thats why RB's aren't getting the ball.

Lord McBuckethead
10-25-2018, 02:16 PM

Fitz ran the ball as a part of a balanced overall offensive strategy. Fitz works best when Aeris/Hill are a threat to take it. When you do not give it to them but 12 times a game, as a d coordinator, my only focus on the offense would be to rush the passer hard, and let the LBers spy Fitz, every single play. That is exactly what LSU did. They had everyone on the field watching Fitz. With him staring people down and delivering the ball late into coverage, no doubt he was going to throw 5 picks. Without handing the football to the RBs to gain the hard yards and waiting for the moment to pull it and let Fitz torch them, we looked pretty easy to stop.

Without being dynamic on your attack, Vandy could run us out of the building.

tcdog70
10-25-2018, 04:38 PM
so what you Experts are saying is regardless of what Nick is taught to Read--He should just hand it off to a RB? It doesn't matter if the DE is taking the RB just give it to Him anyway. That is beyond some stupid shit. Nick knows how to run the read option. When he keeps He is gaining a 5 yard average per run. Nick running is not a problem.

The problem is that Nick is now taught to pass instead of handing it to a RB, and to throw it downfield. Nick running is a good thing, if, as Jackie would say--we get a hat on a hat.

Lord McBuckethead
10-26-2018, 12:04 AM
so what you Experts are saying is regardless of what Nick is taught to Read--He should just hand it off to a RB? It doesn't matter if the DE is taking the RB just give it to Him anyway. That is beyond some stupid shit. Nick knows how to run the read option. When he keeps He is gaining a 5 yard average per run. Nick running is not a problem.

The problem is that Nick is now taught to pass instead of handing it to a RB, and to throw it downfield. Nick running is a good thing, if, as Jackie would say--we get a hat on a hat.

Fitz rand the ball something like 20 times for 35 yards last week. When he was handing it to the RBs and mixing in his reads he ran it 6 times for like 80 yards. That's the point. Then we decided to just let him run it up the middle damn 9 times in a row.