PDA

View Full Version : Just Some Thoughts .. But Has Anybody Considered That When You Have A Confused.....

yjnkdawg
10-24-2018, 04:35 PM
quarterback on the field, and one who has lost his confidence in certain aspects of his game that could transfer over to the rest of the offensive players on the field. Your quarterback is supposed to be your field general or leader. I really don't think that Nick has been the Nick we knew before that horrendous injury. He seems more hesitant and tentative than he was in certain situations. Even on some running plays. Some of that could be trying to learn a new offensive system, and it's just not going like he wanted it to, or not being able to process that information on the field, or maybe it could be a mental one related to his injury. I think the old Nick would have scored on that long run, or the old Nick would have at least scored on those attempts to get in the end zone. On another 4th down attempt, it seeemed like he hesitated or wasn't sure where he wanted to go, and then that hesitation allowed the LSU tackler to move in and make the tackle. I think the old Nick would have busted right on in the end zone. Maybe he was supposed to read the defense on the play, but I doubt it. I may be way off on this, but just something to ponder.

This is what I would like to see if Fitz is going to start, and it appears right now that is a definite. If on the first offensive series, we do not show some semblance that we can move the ball (and that means at least several first downs, or getting into field goal range), or especially if we have a 3 and out, then I want to see KT on the next offensive series. If he comes in and the offense performs better, then that should tell us where the disconnect on the field may be. If our offense looks the same, and looks confused, deer in the head light look ,etc. then it shows the brunt of the problem is either they are pushing this new offensive plan to quick ( which may be the issue), or the offensive coaches are not doing a good job of coaching our players, utilizing our player's strong points, or putting them in a position to be successful. I have been a strong supporter of JoeMo , and still am (for right now), but we need to get this offensive impotence fixed and really quick.

Coursesuper
10-24-2018, 05:01 PM
If you watch, it's not only a confused QB, it's really a confused offense all together. O line is lost at times and the receivers are definitely lost. So yes Fitz is missing throws and reads badly a lot of the time, but it's not just on him.

Homedawg
10-24-2018, 05:03 PM
quarterback on the field, and one who has lost his confidence in certain aspects of his game that could transfer over to the rest of the offensive players on the field. Your quarterback is supposed to be your field general or leader. I really don't think that Nick has been the Nick we knew before that horrendous injury. He seems more hesitant and tentative than he was in certain situations. Even on some running plays. Some of that could be trying to learn a new offensive system, and it's just not going like he wanted it to, or not being able to process that information on the field, or maybe it could be a mental one related to his injury. I think the old Nick would have scored on that long run, or the old Nick would have at least scored on those attempts to get in the end zone. On another 4th down attempt, it seeemed like he hesitated or wasn't sure where he wanted to go, and then that hesitation allowed the LSU tackler to move in and make the tackle. I think the old Nick would have busted right on in the end zone. Maybe he was supposed to read the defense on the play, but I doubt it. I may be way off on this, but just something to ponder.

This is what I would like to see if Fitz is going to start, and it appears right now that is a definite. If on the first offensive series, we do not show some semblance that we can move the ball (and that means at least several first downs, or getting into field goal range), or especially if we have a 3 and out, then I want to see KT on the next offensive series. If he comes in and the offense performs better, then that should tell us where the disconnect on the field may be. If our offense looks the same, and looks confused, deer in the head light look ,etc. then it shows the brunt of the problem is either they are pushing this new offensive plan to quick ( which may be the issue), or the offensive coaches are not doing a good job of coaching our players, utilizing our player's strong points, or putting them in a position to be successful. I have been a strong supporter of JoeMo , and still am (for right now), but we need to get this offensive impotence fixed and really quick.

You get super fan of the year for still having confidence in our head coach. Don't see how that's even possible after the not one, not two, but three shitburgers we've had on offense.

Gutter Cobreh
10-24-2018, 07:50 PM
You get super fan of the year for still having confidence in our head coach. Don't see how that's even possible after the not one, not two, but three shitburgers we've had on offense.

Have you forgotten about the shitburgers we dropped at AU, UGA, and OM last year???? Came close to having a fourth against Arkansas.

Lord McBuckethead
10-25-2018, 11:41 AM
Well, I for one am still on the Moorhead train. He has my full support. I am just tired of seeing Fitz not be ready, the offense not be ready, and WR blocking instead of being a group of bad asses like they could be. I am tired of seeing stat lines like Fitz with 23 carries with Hill and Aeris only getting like 12 carries. I am tired of seeing a very bad called game where we are not imaginative in anyway with our play calling. Fitz up the middle on 3rd and 8 is bullshit. Especially when we tried that on either 1 and/or 2nd down. Sometimes you have to perform even when the read is going against what you are trying to do. Sometimes players have to work inside the system and give a personally great performance. The system does not make the plays, players do.

Penn State worked because of the players making plays inside the system. Doesn't seem like other than Aeris and Hill we have those guys, or atleast they haven't done anything to make me think, wow what a play. Not a single person outside of RBs this season has made me think that. Thats the issue. Moorhead can get us there. We just have to trust the system, work our RBs as an area of focus and run the QB when a scramble is needed.

parabrave
10-25-2018, 11:51 AM
If you watch, it's not only a confused QB, it's really a confused offense all together. O line is lost at times and the receivers are definitely lost. So yes Fitz is missing throws and reads badly a lot of the time, but it's not just on him.

Add in the Oline

Homedawg
10-25-2018, 11:55 AM
Have you forgotten about the shitburgers we dropped at AU, UGA, and OM last year???? Came close to having a fourth against Arkansas.

If you want to compare those to this year you are nuts. One played in the national title game the other beat BOTH teams in the national title game. And our win went out against ole miss. And do we lose to ark??? But if you want to compare the seasons please continue. Go........

Gutter Cobreh
10-25-2018, 12:05 PM
If you want to compare those to this year you are nuts. One played in the national title game the other beat BOTH teams in the national title game. And our win went out against ole miss. And do we lose to ark??? But if you want to compare the seasons please continue. Go........

What talent did we add this year that we didn't have last year, yet we expected to be a top flight program loaded with enough talent this year to go 11-1 or 10-2?

And you're calling me nuts for comparing the years? We didn't have elite talent last year, as shown by those games referenced. We also didn't come into this year with elite talent. We have pockets and areas of absolute strength, but we also have great voids where we need talent.

I forgot though, we got a new coach who has single-handedly created all our problems and driven us square into the Croom-level abyss.***

Homedawg
10-25-2018, 02:30 PM
What talent did we add this year that we didn't have last year, yet we expected to be a top flight program loaded with enough talent this year to go 11-1 or 10-2?

And you're calling me nuts for comparing the years? We didn't have elite talent last year, as shown by those games referenced. We also didn't come into this year with elite talent. We have pockets and areas of absolute strength, but we also have great voids where we need talent.

I forgot though, we got a new coach who has single-handedly created all our problems and driven us square into the Croom-level abyss.***

chauncey rivers, brian cole, landrews, guidry.........and without those guys the previous staff won 9 games. You are too easy to defeat, try again.

BrunswickDawg
10-25-2018, 02:40 PM
chauncey rivers, brian cole, landrews, guidry.........and without those guys the previous staff won 9 games. You are too easy to defeat, try again.

A 2nd string player that is 13th on the team in tackles, an guy injured who hasn't played in a month, another 2nd string player, and a player who hasn't distinguished himself from 5 other receivers not named Osirus.

You aren't making a strong case yourself if you think those are "elite" impacts.

Gutter Cobreh
10-25-2018, 02:47 PM

All transfers, 3 of them from JUCO, only one of them on the offensive side of the ball.

You don't acknowledge the losses of Rankin, Thomas, the two Gray's, Cooke (since we've struggled with punting this year), Durr, or Harris.

In your world it not only all equals out, we lost all of what I listed - yet somehow became a lot better football team. You're a special kind of stupid!

Johnson85
10-25-2018, 03:01 PM

We didn't have elite talent, but we had (and do have) good talent. Usually, when you get to bring back basically everybody, you improve. But we went from destroying UK to not being able to move the ball on them at all. We went from destroying LSU to not being able to move the ball on them at all. I get not melting down over football; it's supposed to be entertainment. But I don't get refusing to recognize the obvious. It is a bad sign that with as much talent as we have, the only time we've had a functioning offense on the field against an SEC defense was against a team that is falling apart. Maybe it will be fine, but the signs are awful now.

Really Clark?
10-25-2018, 03:20 PM
I want preface this by saying I don?t think we will stay at 9.8 points per game in conference play. I do think the number will go up, but again the bar is set so low it really can?t help but go up. Only 2 other schools finished the season below 10 points per game since 2009, Vandy and Missouri. Chiz last year at Auburn they were 10.1 points per game in conference.

However, looking over the seasons since 2009, regardless if it was new coach coming in, coach on his way out losing too much, or just a bad year, a 17 point drop in offensive production actually hasn?t happened that often either. Butch dropped big time from 2016 and didn?t last the season last year. Auburn?s big drop from 2010 to 2011 didn?t mean a losing season but dropping from 40 points per game to 20 then to 10 points in 2012 sure helped move Chiz out. Kentucky Joker Phillips dropped 15 points after his first year and never recovered and fired the next.

My point if this is the number then you have a historic drop for a first year offensive guy, most at least maintain or have a smaller drop and it?s one of the bigger drops in the SEC since 2009. None of those coaches survived longer than one year after the drop. Arkansas also had a big drop from the Bobby scandal so that?s a different deal and I didn?t include that. Not saying it?s a done deal and Moorehead will never recover, even this season. We need to avg 30 per game to bring us back to last years avg. But if he is able to recover, then he may be one of the first in history (or modern history anyway) to do so. Very very concerning and disappointed. Actually believe his system can work in this league but that big of a drop is a complete abomination across the whole offense. From install to play call to adjustments to player execution.

Gutter Cobreh
10-25-2018, 05:21 PM
We didn't have elite talent, but we had (and do have) good talent. Usually, when you get to bring back basically everybody, you improve. But we went from destroying UK to not being able to move the ball on them at all. We went from destroying LSU to not being able to move the ball on them at all. I get not melting down over football; it's supposed to be entertainment. But I don't get refusing to recognize the obvious. It is a bad sign that with as much talent as we have, the only time we've had a functioning offense on the field against an SEC defense was against a team that is falling apart. Maybe it will be fine, but the signs are awful now.

I agree with your thoughts. I do agree we had good talent and we still do. I, too, am concerned about the regression. My statements previously have simply been to debunk the lofty expectations we all had before the season began and that the sky is now falling.

Leroy Jenkins
10-25-2018, 06:54 PM
Shouldn't have reneged.

yjnkdawg
10-25-2018, 08:52 PM

Nahhh! I woke up from my dream and some stuff I heard off this board, since I posted this, I'm in a wait and see and mode.

Goldendawg
10-25-2018, 08:56 PM
I have not seen a threat or post yet, since the LSU game, that it was the white helmets!****