PDA

View Full Version : A few observations......

Liverpooldawg
10-23-2018, 08:47 AM
I waited a bit before posting this, here they are in no particular order:
1: Fitz looks like he did early on in his first year as a starter. He is thinking and not reacting. That shouldn't be unexpected. This is a new system and he missed the spring. I know he was there but he wasn't live in practice. That hurt.
2: We have lost three games to three really good football teams. I know, I know......but it still is a fact.
3: Mullen picked a really bad year to leave. I don't think we we win all three of those games with him, but one we would have for sure.
4: We aren't going fire Moorhead this year unless he gets caught with a dead woman or a live boy. Y'all just need to stop on that. It ain't helping a dang thing and it DEFINITELY makes recruiting more difficult.
5: Moorhead did not forget how to coach offensive football. Our personnel in some key positions is NOT a good fit for his system. A few of us brought that up before the season and we got shouted down. The man is not going to throw away his playbook and try to find Mullen's in a dumpster outside the football complex so just give it up. He will live and die by his system. He will be given a chance to implement it with his players too. If he isn't then we will be back to hiring a position coach the next time.
6. We still have a good chance to make a bowl. I know "just making a bowl" isn't what we wanted, but it's still very important to maintain that as a floor, not as a ceiling. It had been a ceiling basically until the last decade.
7. The flip side of 6 is nothing left is a gimme at this point. Support the team, they need it.

Doggie_Style
10-23-2018, 08:59 AM
I waited a bit before posting this, here they are in no particular order:
1: Fitz looks like he did early on in his first year as a starter. He is thinking and not reacting. That shouldn't be unexpected. This is a new system and he missed the spring. I know he was there but he wasn't live in practice. That hurt.
2: We have lost three games to three really good football teams. I know, I know......but it still is a fact.
3: Mullen picked a really bad year to leave. I don't think we we win all three of those games with him, but one we would have for sure.
4: We aren't going fire Moorhead this year unless he gets caught with a dead woman or a live boy. Y'all just need to stop on that. It ain't helping a dang thing and it DEFINITELY makes recruiting more difficult.
5: Moorhead did not forget how to coach offensive football. Our personnel in some key positions is NOT a good fit for his system. A few of us brought that up before the season and we got shouted down. The man is not going to throw away his playbook and try to find Mullen's in a dumpster outside the football complex so just give it up. He will live and die by his system. He will be given a chance to implement it with his players too. If he isn't then we will be back to hiring a position coach the next time.
6. We still have a good chance to make a bowl. I know "just making a bowl" isn't what we wanted, but it's still very important to maintain that as a floor, not as a ceiling. It had been a ceiling basically until the last decade.
7. The flip side of 6 is nothing left is a gimme at this point. Support the team, they need it.

...and there in lies the problem. Moorhead will likely have a near impossible task of finding the pieces needed to successfully run his offense. Just look at HIS recruiting this year. He may or may not have his QB (who I don't think will be ready in 2019) but no RB's or WR's that are a fit......how many years can you watch what we are now seeing?

Liverpooldawg
10-23-2018, 09:09 AM
...and there in lies the problem. Moorhead will likely have a near impossible task of finding the pieces needed to successfully run his offense. Just look at HIS recruiting this year. He may or may not have his QB (who I don't think will be ready in 2019) but no RB's or WR's that are a fit......how many years can you watch what we are now seeing?
The man hasn't even had a recruiting year yet. Last year was about trying to hang on to what Mullen had committed. This is his first year, and it hasn't even happened yet. I don't think it's time to surrender yet.

thf24
10-23-2018, 09:19 AM

What kind of personnel do you think his system needs, exactly? Right now, we are a QB who can make the right reads and get the ball out on time and WR's who can learn the offense and reliably catch the ball away from this offense working just fine. I don't think that's an insurmountably tall recruiting order. We don't need an elite pocket passer and some kind of super-specialized skill set at WR like many of our fans seem to think. We'll be fine at RB; I know it's a question mark in our current class at this moment but it's the one position on offense that we've almost never had any problems recruiting.

Cooterpoot
10-23-2018, 09:38 AM
BS. Our offense is the only one other than maybe TN, that's got a new coach and is struggling like this. I'm sorry, but KY, FL, and LSU are not great teams. They're solid but not great, I don't care what the rankings say. With good coaching and execution we're better than all three of those teams. And this whole wait til Joe gets his players stuff is fake news. This staff is sucking it up in recruiting. They're in full blown scramble mode right now. They've elected to be selective and they're getting killed. This isn't Penn State and they're figuring that out now, but it's too late.
Stop making excuses for them and trying to justify this shit show.

Doggie_Style
10-23-2018, 09:45 AM
What kind of personnel do you think his system needs, exactly? Right now, we are a QB who can make the right reads and get the ball out on time and WR's who can learn the offense and reliably catch the ball away from this offense working just fine. I don't think that's an insurmountably tall recruiting order. We don't need an elite pocket passer and some kind of super-specialized skill set at WR like many of our fans seem to think. We'll be fine at RB; I know it's a question mark in our current class at this moment but it's the one position on offense that we've almost never had any problems recruiting.

Moorhead's system is proven to work with a cerebral NFL quality QB, a first round pick RB and excellent WR's who know they're assignments. We have and won't have any of that any time soon if ever.....that's my concern....and he won't adjust his scheme to account for those deficiency's

dawgday166
10-23-2018, 09:47 AM
BS. Our offense is the only one other than maybe TN, that's got a new coach and is struggling like this. I'm sorry, but KY, FL, and LSU are not great teams. They're solid but not great, I don't care what the rankings say. With good coaching and execution we're better than all three of those teams. And this whole wait til Joe gets his players stuff is fake news. This staff is sucking it up in recruiting. They're in full blown scramble mode right now. They've elected to be selective and they're getting killed. This isn't Penn State and they're figuring that out now, but it's too late.
Stop making excuses for them and trying to justify this shit show.

There aren't any great teams this year IMO ... outside of Bama and I would only call their offense great and that's due to Tua and those WRs. I honestly believe with last year's offensive production we might could be the 2nd best team in CFB this year. All the teams this year are very average. Tua and those WRs gonna light up LSU's D. We could've run it right down their throat if we had used the AU game plan IMO.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-23-2018, 09:54 AM

WR's currently don't know their routes. That's Matt Wyatt's take, not mine. Add in drops, and you've got 2 WR problems that will get better by the start of next year. Mitchel is getting open. Williams has the tools I just don't think something is clicking mentally yet. Guidry is getting open. RBs/TEs in the flat are getting open. Heath and Patterson will be here in '20 and both are legit SEC threats. Whop could be great. The problem is that Fitz is slow to read and inaccurate, and they drop a ton when he does do his job. Getsy drives me crazy in his press conferences but his resume with receivers speaks for itself; in time that group will get better.

So no we don't have any huge WR targets on board this class, but the fact is we can get open with the current guys and we have some good young talent lined up.

Cooterpoot
10-23-2018, 09:57 AM
AL is going to smash LSU. They'll run it all over them. Won't be surprised to see more of Hurts. LSU's DBs are legit but they won't get enough pressure on Tua. I'm not sure LSU can score on AL. Their offense is almost as bad as our.

dawgday166
10-23-2018, 09:58 AM
WR's currently don't know their routes. That's Matt Wyatt's take, not mine. Add in drops, and you've got 2 WR problems that will get better by the start of next year. Mitchel is getting open. Williams has the tools I just don't think something is clicking mentally yet. Guidry is getting open. RBs/TEs in the flat are getting open. Heath and Patterson will be here in '20 and both are legit SEC threats. Whop could be great. The problem is that Fitz is slow to read and inaccurate, and they drop a ton when he does do his job. Getsy drives me crazy in his press conferences but his resume with receivers speaks for itself; in time that group will get better.

So no we don't have any huge WR targets on board this class, but the fact is we can get open with the current guys and we have some good young talent lined up.

There are some open folks here and there but you make is sound like Bama's WRs ... everyone open all the time. It just ain't so.

Cooterpoot
10-23-2018, 10:00 AM
Yeah, our WRs aren't getting open. Sorry, that's fake news. A handful of times a game isn't much, especially with the QB getting lit up by a blitz.

yjnkdawg
10-23-2018, 10:00 AM

I imagine just about any other P5 quarterbacks (dual threat) could pass well enough for this offense to go. That's no slight on Fitz, as he was not recruited as a passer. He was recruited to run the DM offense and pass just enough to make it work. The same with the other quarterbacks. Shrader can run it.
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5557872/5a0b864ab3d211052413ad74

dawgday166
10-23-2018, 10:04 AM
Yeah, our WRs aren't getting open. Sorry, that's fake news. A handful of times a game isn't much, especially with the QB getting lit up by a blitz.

Some folks can't see the forest because of a tree or 2.

MetEdDawg
10-23-2018, 10:25 AM
Some of us just aren't understanding this. Fitzgerald isn't a QB. He ran a triple option and the ran the ball a bunch under Mullen and was given high percentage throws. The Joe Mo offense doesn't do hardly any of that.

Fitz never had to read coverages really. He had pre designed throws in Mullen's offense. Now he has to control the entire thing and he literally doesn't know how to do that. Plus he missed time with the leg.

Add to that WR's that just aren't up to snuff (Even if Mullen was here we all said WR would be an issue) and you have a bad recipe of one dimensional offense.

We just have a bunch of people who won't admit our expectations of what would happen this year were wrong. It's good to set high expectations. But we just didn't know what we didn't know. We didn't know Fitz wouldn't get it. We didn't know how good or bad the WR's would be. We didn't know the OL would have this many issues in this system. We didn't know that Joe was going to have to completely change his offense in the middle of the season to make it work. We just didn't know these things guys and it's ok to look backwards and say hey our expectations didn't fit the reality of what the situation was.

We don't want to do that, but it's the truth as to what is going on. The worst part is that we said all of this under Mullen. Said we needed change and that Mullen wasn't ever going to get us there. Now that some of us had our expectations not met, we want him back. This change is going to take some time. It's unfortunate it happened with this talented of a defense. But Moorhead will need time to get his guys.

Some of you are talking about Shrader maybe not wanting to come here because you want to justify why Moorhead should fail. Stop that. This is a process and we hired Moorhead to make changes. It's ugly up front but we need these changes to get better.

TrapGame
10-23-2018, 10:37 AM
Some of us just aren't understanding this. Fitzgerald isn't a QB. He ran a triple option and the ran the ball a bunch under Mullen and was given high percentage throws. The Joe Mo offense doesn't do hardly any of that.

Fitz never had to read coverages really. He had pre designed throws in Mullen's offense. Now he has to control the entire thing and he literally doesn't know how to do that. Plus he missed time with the leg.

Add to that WR's that just aren't up to snuff (Even if Mullen was here we all said WR would be an issue) and you have a bad recipe of one dimensional offense.

We just have a bunch of people who won't admit our expectations of what would happen this year were wrong. It's good to set high expectations. But we just didn't know what we didn't know. We didn't know Fitz wouldn't get it. We didn't know how good or bad the WR's would be. We didn't know the OL would have this many issues in this system. We didn't know that Joe was going to have to completely change his offense in the middle of the season to make it work. We just didn't know these things guys and it's ok to look backwards and say hey our expectations didn't fit the reality of what the situation was.

We don't want to do that, but it's the truth as to what is going on. The worst part is that we said all of this under Mullen. Said we needed change and that Mullen wasn't ever going to get us there. Now that some of us had our expectations not met, we want him back. This change is going to take some time. It's unfortunate it happened with this talented of a defense. But Moorhead will need time to get his guys.

Some of you are talking about Shrader maybe not wanting to come here because you want to justify why Moorhead should fail. Stop that. This is a process and we hired Moorhead to make changes. It's ugly up front but we need these changes to get better.

Moorhead was not hired for a rebuild. But that's on Cohen not Moorhead. Cohen didn't do his homework and probably never really understood Mullen's players and Moorhead's offense were not going to jive.

Exactly how many years do we give Moorhead to build his offense? This is as simple as punch. If we are still looking like lost ducks on the offense with Mayden/Schrader or Key this time next year it's time to move on.

thf24
10-23-2018, 10:42 AM
Moorhead was not hired for a rebuild. But that's on Cohen not Moorhead. Cohen didn't do his homework and probably never really understood Mullen's players and Moorhead's offense were not going to jive.

Hardly anyone did their homework. We all talked about how similar the two offenses were right up to week 4. I've been wondering lately how different expectations would have been if more of us had realized/acknowledged early on just how night and day different they are.

Exactly how many years do we give Moorhead to build his offense? This is as simple as punch. If we are still looking like lost ducks on the offense with Mayden/Schrader or Key this time next year it's time to move on.

Agree 100%.

fishwater99
10-23-2018, 10:42 AM
This will be the most talented team Moorehead ever has and he has wasted it trying to implement his RPO system.
Once he gets his players we might win more games than this year, but our defense won't be near as good, we better outscore everyone in the future.

Really Clark?
10-23-2018, 10:44 AM

Sorry Arkansas made a bigger change in offense than we did and they are getting better, noticeably better and avg 21 points in conference games. Tenn is 7 points better this year. Florida had a big change and are 7 points better. A & M is 2 points worse so far this year from last. We are 17 points worse and besides A & M had less of significant change in offense in relation to our personnel as well.

This is an RPO offense. Run heavy option is most definitely a part of his playbook so Moorehead is not having to invent new plays just to run something that fits our personnel. It’s already in his design. I don’t buy that at all. If we were going to a pass heavy pro style/air raid then I would have expected a significant drop in production because of our personnel. But that’s not what we are running. And Fitz was able to throw well enough in conference games the last 2 years, 54% and 20TD 12 INT’s. This year 44% 0 TD 6 INT. We have to make a change because he is screwed in the head now but that big of a regression with a system that a coach should be able to make at least league avg with this personnel has more issues than just QB.

bluelightstar
10-23-2018, 10:46 AM
Hardly anyone did their homework. We all talked about how similar the two offenses were right up to week 4. I've been wondering lately how different expectations would have been if more of us had realized/acknowledged early on just how night and day different they are.

I think we all knew the offenses were different, but I think we all underestimated just how bad Fitz would be at reading defenses, calling out protections, identifying blitzers, and throwing with anything resembling accuracy.

MetEdDawg
10-23-2018, 10:47 AM
Sorry Arkansas made a bigger change in offense than we did and they are getting better, noticeably better and avg 21 points in conference games. Tenn is 7 points better this year. Florida had a big change and are 7 points better. A & M is 2 points worse so far this year from last. We are 17 points worse and besides A & M had less of significant change in offense in relation to our personnel as well.

This is an RPO offense. Run heavy option is most definitely a part of his playbook so Moorehead is not having to invent new plays just to run something that fits our personnel. It’s already in his design. I don’t buy that at all. If we were going to a pass heavy pro style/air raid then I would have expected a significant drop in production because of our personnel. But that’s not what we are running. And Fitz was able to throw well enough in conference games the last 2 years, 54% and 20TD 12 INT’s. This year 44% 0 TD 6 INT. We have to make a change because he is screwed in the head now but that big of a regression with a system that a coach should be able to make at least league avg with this personnel has more issues than just QB.

Maybe the biggest difference is those coaches sucked and got fired and ours did his job and left. Those teams weren't devoid of talent. But their coaches were awful. Ours wasn't and if you don't think that makes a difference in installation then I can't help you. People forget we didn't fire our coach. He left after 9 years. We are undoing 9 years of fairly quality football. Arkansas and Tennessee are undoing 3 or 4 years of really crappy football.

And big shocker that Arkansas is scoring more points. They went from a run heavy smash mouth ball control offense to spread it out throw it all over the place. They have a QB that can run that system. Tennessee does too. We don't.

TrapGame
10-23-2018, 10:53 AM
I think we all knew the offenses were different, but I think we all underestimated just how bad Fitz would be at reading defenses, calling out protections, identifying blitzers, and throwing with anything resembling accuracy.

This^^^^

Moorhead is playing a starting QB that he would NEVER have recruited as a QB in his system. Moorhead's offense has its problems but the starting QB is chief among them.

Really Clark?
10-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Maybe the biggest difference is those coaches sucked and got fired and ours did his job and left. Those teams weren't devoid of talent. But their coaches were awful. Ours wasn't and if you don't think that makes a difference in installation then I can't help you. People forget we didn't fire our coach. He left after 9 years. We are undoing 9 years of fairly quality football. Arkansas and Tennessee are undoing 3 or 4 years of really crappy football.

And big shocker that Arkansas is scoring more points. They went from a run heavy smash mouth ball control offense to spread it out throw it all over the place. They have a QB that can run that system. Tennessee does too. We don't.

What does our previous coach have to do with this coaches failure to installing a competent offense? If anything with what he had returning on offense and OL should have made his job a lot easier than the other coaches. That makes what he?s done look exponentially worse. Thanks for making my argument.

Exactly my point with Ark, they changed completely from what they were doing and scoring 21 per game. I didn?t say they are scoring more than last year, they are not. That was to be expect because his system didn?t fit the personnel at all. But they are scoring 11 points more per game than us. And have gotten better each week in conference. We make a smaller system change and have an aborted offense.

Coursesuper
10-23-2018, 11:14 AM
This^^^^

Moorhead is playing a starting QB that he would NEVER have recruited as a QB in his system. Moorhead's offense has its problems but the starting QB is chief among them.

After re-watching games including Auburn, I cant agree here. The issues are deeper than just at QB. I saw an offense that's just plain confused all the way around. There is equal blame to go around. Yes Fitz is struggling mightily, missing reads and making poor throws, but the receivers are just as confused. I don't know if a change at QB will be the answer to "fix the offense". I think that he has to give Key a shot but I don't know if it will solve our problems.

TrapGame
10-23-2018, 11:31 AM
After re-watching games including Auburn, I cant agree here. The issues are deeper than just at QB. I saw an offense that's just plain confused all the way around. There is equal blame to go around. Yes Fitz is struggling mightily, missing reads and making poor throws, but the receivers are just as confused. I don't know if a change at QB will be the answer to "fix the offense". I think that he has to give Key a shot but I don't know if it will solve our problems.

Oh we got issues for sure.

In Joe's offense the QB is the field marshal and the on-field extension of the offensive coordinator. He has to know what he's doing and what Joe would do. You notice last year when Fitz missed a receiver or a play got busted he would talk it out with his team mates. You'd see his hands move as he would explain where the receiver should have been or why a TE or RB missed a blitz. You do not see that this season. Fitz has no clue what he's supposed to do let alone what the WRs, TEs or RBs or supposed to do in this offense.

Key probably won't be much better but it's time to try something different.

MetEdDawg
10-23-2018, 11:39 AM
What does our previous coach have to do with this coaches failure to installing a competent offense? If anything with what he had returning on offense and OL should have made his job a lot easier than the other coaches. That makes what he?s done look exponentially worse. Thanks for making my argument.

Exactly my point with Ark, they changed completely from what they were doing and scoring 21 per game. I didn?t say they are scoring more than last year, they are not. That was to be expect because his system didn?t fit the personnel at all. But they are scoring 11 points more per game than us. And have gotten better each week in conference. We make a smaller system change and have an aborted offense.

This is the problem. I have to explain why a QB not designed for this offense isn't doing well in this offense. I shouldn't have to do that. And again, the false information of what we had returning offensively is just not right because of the system being run.

Additionally, personnel affects the change. Arkansas' QB is able to do the things Chad Morris implements in his offense. Show me in Nick Fitzgerald's career where he ever operated an offense effectively where he passed more than the team ran the ball. None. This isn't even a hard concept. Fitz can't execute what Moorhead needs, which is a QB running the offense and making the checks and reads to get the ball to the right place. Arkansas has a QB that can throw it how Morris wants. This isn't hard to understand.

The myth being propagated that this is a small change is just that. A myth. Can't understand that for you but it's really not difficult. Also, how do you not see how a previous coach can affect this year? I mean are you serious? Do you really think that what a previous coach did has no bearing on the next year?

yjnkdawg
10-23-2018, 11:40 AM

In Joe's offense the QB is the field marshal and the on-field extension of the offensive coordinator. He has to know what he's doing and what Joe would do. You notice last year when Fitz missed a receiver or a play got busted he would talk it out with his team mates. You'd see his hands move as he would explain where the receiver should have been or why a TE or RB missed a blitz. You do not see that this season. Fitz has no clue what he's supposed to do let alone what the WRs, TEs or RBs or supposed to do in this offense.

Seems like on plays where we run the ball, pretty much everybody is on the same page, but when it's a passing option everybody seems confused. I want to see what KT can do too.. Then we may also know kind of how our season will evolve going forward.

Really Clark?
10-23-2018, 11:59 AM
This is the problem. I have to explain why a QB not designed for this offense isn't doing well in this offense. I shouldn't have to do that. And again, the false information of what we had returning offensively is just not right because of the system being run.

Additionally, personnel affects the change. Arkansas' QB is able to do the things Chad Morris implements in his offense. Show me in Nick Fitzgerald's career where he ever operated an offense effectively where he passed more than the team ran the ball. None. This isn't even a hard concept. Fitz can't execute what Moorhead needs, which is a QB running the offense and making the checks and reads to get the ball to the right place. Arkansas has a QB that can throw it how Morris wants. This isn't hard to understand.

The myth being propagated that this is a small change is just that. A myth. Can't understand that for you but it's really not difficult. Also, how do you not see how a previous coach can affect this year? I mean are you serious? Do you really think that what a previous coach did has no bearing on the next year?

Sorry. Completely wrong. I understand what Mullen and Morehead both run just fine. There is plenty in the playbook of Moorehead’s system to work with our personnel, including this QB. You are incorrect with that concept. Yeah the passing and reads are different. No question but the myth that we had no reads previously is false. And besides that you have the KNOWN personnel to have one of the country’s best rushing attacks and that has been disfunctional at times as well. That was the base he should have worked with AND he has that in the playbook. There has been no identity except for Auburn and we scrap that whole plan and scheme and not build around that? Sorry, we had personnel including QB to run plenty enough of his system to be competitive at a min in conference. You are completely wrong

Jack Lambert
10-23-2018, 04:23 PM
This will be the most talented team Moorehead ever has and he has wasted it trying to implement his RPO system.
Once he gets his players we might win more games than this year, but our defense won't be near as good, we better outscore everyone in the future.

I think the defense is going to stay good.

dawgday166
10-23-2018, 05:06 PM
Sorry. Completely wrong. I understand what Mullen and Morehead both run just fine. There is plenty in the playbook of Moorehead?s system to work with our personnel, including this QB. You are incorrect with that concept. Yeah the passing and reads are different. No question but the myth that we had no reads previously is false. And besides that you have the KNOWN personnel to have one of the country?s best rushing attacks and that has been disfunctional at times as well. That was the base he should have worked with AND he has that in the playbook. There has been no identity except for Auburn and we scrap that whole plan and scheme and not build around that? Sorry, we had personnel including QB to run plenty enough of his system to be competitive at a min in conference. You are completely wrong

Eggxactly.

timotheus
10-23-2018, 05:13 PM

The 2 QB's who truly understand the Offense best are the 2 who stand on the sideline and signal directly to the offense. FACT

dawgday166
10-23-2018, 05:20 PM
The 2 QB's who truly understand the Offense best are the 2 who stand on the sideline and signal directly to the offense. FACT

How do you know this for a FACT?

99jc
10-23-2018, 07:07 PM
The FACTS are this.....Sly Moorhead sucks as an SEC head coach. He 17'd up a 10 win team with his inability to know what he had and what this team was built on. You live a pipe dream to think he will get better. Thank god we have Vic Schaffer a true head coach who knows what the hell he is doing. I'm still not sure about Howland or Lemonis.

Dawgology
10-23-2018, 07:39 PM

I still think KT can be very successful in this system. He?s a better passer, a dynamic runner, and he is not selfish with the ball. Just have to see if he has it between the ears.

yjnkdawg
10-23-2018, 08:09 PM
I still think KT can be very successful in this system. He?s a better passer, a dynamic runner, and he is not selfish with the ball. Just have to see if he has it between the ears.

Yep, I think once he fully grasps the offense. 7,642 passing yards and 94 touchdowns and running for 4,634 yards and 58 TDs. in high school. That's some pretty awesome stats.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-23-2018, 08:31 PM

He also wasn't hired to be Mullen-lite and ensure that the program lived up to expectations this one season. He was hired because Cohen thought his system could take our program to the next level.

If his offense is still this lost at this point next season then he should go. But that is next season.

Really Clark?
10-23-2018, 08:45 PM
He also wasn't hired to be Mullen-lite and ensure that the program lived up to expectations this one season. He was hired because Cohen thought his system could take our program to the next level.

If his offense is still this lost at this point next season then he should go. But that is next season.

He was actually hired to do both. Win this season/met expectations and take us to the next level. He also sold that to Cohen. And I honestly believe he thought that we would be very successful this season. It was never an either/or situation. But he has failed with the first part of this