PDA

View Full Version : 2019 PG Iverson Molinar Committef

Ifyouonlyknew
10-22-2018, 07:44 PM
Big pick up!! Just waiting on DJ Jeffries & this class will be complete.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2018, 07:47 PM
Thanks for bringing some good news. A nice break!

msstate7
10-22-2018, 07:49 PM
I don't worry about howland getting talent, but it is weird seeing him signing 3-stars. Are butts and Molinar really underrated?

ZedFedder
10-22-2018, 07:52 PM
Molinar had an Arizona offer from what I read.

MetEdDawg
10-22-2018, 08:05 PM
Yeah I saw an Arizona, Kansas State, Georgia, and VCU offer. That's an odd offer list.

Bully13
10-22-2018, 08:06 PM
17 it. Let's just become a hoop school.

LC Dawg
10-22-2018, 08:14 PM
17 it. Let's just become a hoop school.

It would be a lot easier for a school with our resources to become a basketball power than it would to become a football power.

msstate7
10-22-2018, 08:16 PM
It would be a lot easier for a school with our resources to become a basketball power than it would to become a football power.

It's possible in basketball considering we have a great HC. I don't think it's even possible in football. If we get the next saban or urban, he'd leave us

drummerdawg
10-22-2018, 08:16 PM
Thanks for bringing some good news. A nice break!

Not nearly the recruiting class we've been used to lately. Hope we can pull DJ.

DogsofAnarchy
10-22-2018, 08:26 PM
It's possible in basketball considering we have a great HC. I don't think it's even possible in football. If we get the next saban or urban, he'd leave us

Yea....the last one left after a damn decade. So sad....

msstate7
10-22-2018, 08:27 PM
Yea....the last one left after a damn decade. So sad....

I'm as big a Mullen guy as there is, and dan ain't no saban or urban

LC Dawg
10-22-2018, 08:37 PM
A big step would be doing something with the Hump. I would have no problem taking resources from football stadium expansion discussions and putting it into the Hump. We need a national championship in something and it's not going to be football. Vic will probably get one soon but you can never tell with the curse on Mississippi State.

MarketingBully
10-22-2018, 08:43 PM
We will win a national championship in basketball or baseball way before we would in football. As long as Saban is in our division, we won’t even win a division championship. The 2016 class really killed us that we couldn’t close the deal on Lashley, Knott, Davis, and Brown. If you add those guys to our roster now, how much better would we be? Brown is the best WR to come out of Mississippi in 20+ years. Pairing Davis with Simmons would have our DL like an NFL line. Knott would have added great depth to the secondary and Lashley the same with our OL. Brown would make Fitz look really really good.

yjnkdawg
10-22-2018, 09:01 PM
I don't worry about howland getting talent, but it is weird seeing him signing 3-stars. Are butts and Molinar really underrated?

I wouldn't be concerned about the stars with Howland doing the recruiting. Stars can change too, We have had a few 4* busts in our basketball history too

Commercecomet24
10-22-2018, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't be concerned about the stars with Howland doing the recruiting. Stars can change too, We have had a few 4* busts in our basketball history too

This. Howland knows who he wants.

Bothrops
10-22-2018, 09:12 PM
Yeah I saw an Arizona, Kansas State, Georgia, and VCU offer. That's an odd offer list.

But a good offer list. Great job, Howland!

HoopsDawg
10-22-2018, 09:47 PM

Basketball stars are pretty much BS after the top 10-15 players.

Dawg61
10-22-2018, 11:37 PM

Molinar has like 15 offers so yea I'd guess he's underrated

dawgday166
10-22-2018, 11:40 PM
I trust Howland. He do have a real authentic track record. Not saying he couldn't slip, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for a good while.

BeardoMSU
10-23-2018, 06:55 AM

Plus, if I'm remembering correctly, both Nick and Lamar were low 4*'s.....and I think we did alright with them.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-23-2018, 07:03 AM
Plus, if I'm remembering correctly, both Nick and Lamar were low 4*'s.....and I think we did alright with them.

Nick was a 5* on some sites. Top 30-35 player on every site.

Madisonmd
10-23-2018, 07:21 AM
Molinar is combo guard that they think can really flourish at PG. Exploded this summer and got lots of interest. was down the list a bit on AZ list apparently but genuine interest. super athletic, was living in GA for awhile. Butts is elite shooter with so so athleticism. Great kid, solid family, beat out TX Tech for him, interest from FL but were slow playing him. Compared to Darrell Wilson by some. Both solid kids that fill needs. Jeffries situation looking positive but lots of moving parts, stay tuned!

Dawgology
10-23-2018, 08:20 AM
We will win a national championship in basketball or baseball way before we would in football. As long as Saban is in our division, we won?t even win a division championship. The 2016 class really killed us that we couldn?t close the deal on Lashley, Knott, Davis, and Brown. If you add those guys to our roster now, how much better would we be? Brown is the best WR to come out of Mississippi in 20+ years. Pairing Davis with Simmons would have our DL like an NFL line. Knott would have added great depth to the secondary and Lashley the same with our OL. Brown would make Fitz look really really good.

Davis, Simmons, and Sweat on one team. Good grief. That would be insanity.

Dawgology
10-23-2018, 08:21 AM

Nick was a 5 star. One of the top players in the nation

Dawg2003
10-23-2018, 10:05 AM
Nick was a 5 star. One of the top players in the nation

Yup, Nick was an elite prospect. He had offers from Kansas, Louisville, and UNC among others.

Dawg61
10-23-2018, 10:18 AM
Molinar looks like a nice addition, he's got a nice stroke and he's got some weight to him. Looks strong for a guard.

https://twitter.com/D1Circuit/status/1020015043897905152

Idk why this tweet tagged Russell Westbrook but that's interesting. Russ is a former Howland product and Molinar does physically look a little like Westbrook.

Homedawg
10-23-2018, 10:41 AM

Disagree. Now if you say after the top 50 or 100 maybe so. But if you fill your roster full of those guys, you are going to be way better off than those signing a roster full of have nots. Sure there are exceptions to every rule.

HoopsDawg
10-23-2018, 11:33 AM
Disagree. Now if you say after the top 50 or 100 maybe so. But if you fill your roster full of those guys, you are going to be way better off than those signing a roster full of have nots. Sure there are exceptions to every rule.

You can sell me on top 30-50. But not on top 100. Too many Herards, Vernon Goodridges, Keglars, Delks and jerrell Houston's in that group.

MedDawg
10-23-2018, 11:49 AM
A big step would be doing something with the Hump. I would have no problem taking resources from football stadium expansion discussions and putting it into the Hump. We need a national championship in something and it's not going to be football. Vic will probably get one soon but you can never tell with the curse on Mississippi State.

I agree, but taking from football may not be necessary. State sold out the entire Hump with season tickets one or two seasons under Stans. Get back to the NCAAs regularly and get to a couple Sweet Sixteens and the money will be there for whatever we need. Hump renovation or even replacement.

Still, we don't need a new coliseum or even a renovation to have success in basketball. Some of the best basketball programs have coliseums older (and some even smaller) than the Hump. When the Hump is full, it's as loud as anyplace. Build the basketball team a state-of-the art lounge, weight room, and locker room (if we didn't already with the practice facility) and we have enough to recruit.

We do need a Hump renovation for the fans, if only to help the concessions lines. And something done to improve the orange bundt cake exterior. Dying the brick to match the New Dudy Noble would be enoough.

fishwater99
10-23-2018, 01:36 PM
Nick was a 5* on some sites. Top 30-35 player on every site.

Correct

See below...

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Sport/Basketball/AllTimeRecruits/

MarketingBully
10-23-2018, 05:23 PM
Think about this. Our roster currently contains 8 of the top 30 rated players of all time and 2 of the top 10 of all time we have recruited. To say our roster is loaded is an understatement. This is one of the best rosters talent wise we have had in quite sometime.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Molinar had an Arizona offer from what I read.

ok ok so what.......will he get that 4th star?!!!******** As much as our fan base makes fun of OM for star gazing, we sure do it alot too.