PDA

View Full Version : Wr screens

msstate7
10-22-2018, 04:37 PM
When teams are moving everyone in the box vs us, wouldn't this be a good counter? Guidry looks like he has some wiggle and speed. Why not try to stretch defenses horizontally if we can't vertically?

Cowbell
10-22-2018, 05:20 PM
Yes, yes, and yes!

Or better yet, move fits to WR/slot opposite Guidry and let KT do the throwing.

Or we could even put both backs in the game at the same time. Use one in slot motion and leave the other in the backfield. Imagine the confusion that would create.

I mean, if we were only offensive gurus.....

dawgday166
10-22-2018, 05:31 PM
When teams are moving everyone in the box vs us, wouldn't this be a good counter? Guidry looks like he has some wiggle and speed. Why not try to stretch defenses horizontally if we can't vertically?

That's the first step IMO and is what Mullen would do too. We didn't make LSU defend horizontally near enough the other night.

TrapGame
10-22-2018, 05:44 PM
Yes, yes, and yes!

Or better yet, move fits to WR/slot opposite Guidry and let KT do the throwing.

Or we could even put both backs in the game at the same time. Use one in slot motion and leave the other in the backfield. Imagine the confusion that would create.

I mean, if we were only offensive gurus.....

That's not in Joe's offense. I'm beginning to think Joe knows his offense and that's it. He can't scheme another way. I betcha Hud and Jones could draw up some nice screens and RB motions but I don't think Joe can unless it's already in his playbook.

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2018, 06:37 PM
Key screens are below Moorheads level of intellectual superiority

Cowbell
10-22-2018, 07:32 PM
That's the first step IMO and is what Mullen would do too. We didn't make LSU defend horizontally near enough the other night.

This is what drives me nuts. I thought stretching horizontally was why he developed the motion against Auburn. And it worked. And then don?t think to use it the next week.

And then I turn on the cowboys Sunday to see Linehan not using what worked the week before. It?s like they are so busy with their chess match that they forget big & physical can impose its will week after week.

dawgday166
10-22-2018, 08:09 PM
This is what drives me nuts. I thought stretching horizontally was why he developed the motion against Auburn. And it worked. And then don?t think to use it the next week.

And then I turn on the cowboys Sunday to see Linehan not using what worked the week before. It?s like they are so busy with their chess match that they forget big & physical can impose its will week after week.

Yea it was. It's what has gotten me so much off the Moorhead bandwagon.

Lord McBuckethead
10-22-2018, 10:58 PM
So you are saying he is like the coach on the waterboy.

louisvilledawg
10-23-2018, 08:41 AM
So you are saying he is like the coach on the waterboy.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HorribleWeirdGroundbeetle-size_restricted.gif

RiverCityDawg
10-23-2018, 09:09 AM

Guidry dropped a pass on the short drag route 3 games in a row. We've tried that. Next?

msstate7
10-23-2018, 09:19 AM
Guidry dropped a pass on the short drag route 3 games in a row. We've tried that. Next?

Then try mixon

tcdog70
10-23-2018, 11:50 AM
Then try mixon

it is fairly simple---put Hill in the slot--A-Train as RB--throw screen to Hill or put him in motion and hand it to Him. Run a play action pass. then our best 3 playmakers are in the game.

KOdawg1
10-23-2018, 12:33 PM
I honestly don't think Fitz could even handle a simple screen pass. That's how bad he is at throwing the football.

Cowbell
10-23-2018, 01:27 PM
it is fairly simple---put Hill in the slot--A-Train as RB--throw screen to Hill or put him in motion and hand it to Him. Run a play action pass. then our best 3 playmakers are in the game.

Agreed. Why we wouldn't atleast have this as a package is ludicrous. and then run the same set but have one of our QBs lined up in reciever/slot. Like Penn State ran last year.