PDA

View Full Version : Amari Cooper to the Cowboys

hacker
10-22-2018, 02:38 PM
Dak gets a weapon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000977422/article/cowboys-acquiring-wr-amari-cooper-from-raiders

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2018, 02:45 PM
They gave up a 1st round pick for him but IMO this is just the Cowboys telling us they knew they were going to take a WR in the draft & that, after looking at the prospects for the upcoming draft, decided that Cooper was better than all of them. Thus, they traded their first round pick for Cooper.

Thing is: the NFC East is wide open & Dallas has a really good defense, a great RB, & a reliable QB. It's not inconceivable that this trade tips the scales in that division at makes Dallas a playoff team, at which point in time they are actually well built to win in cold weather.

Bass Chaser
10-22-2018, 03:38 PM
On paper this looks like a terrible trade for Dallas. What's the scoop on him with the Raiders?

somebodyshotmypaw
10-22-2018, 03:51 PM
They gave up a 1st round pick for him but IMO this is just the Cowboys telling us they knew they were going to take a WR in the draft & that, after looking at the prospects for the upcoming draft, decided that Cooper was better than all of them. Thus, they traded their first round pick for Cooper.

Thing is: the NFC East is wide open & Dallas has a really good defense, a great RB, & a reliable QB. It's not inconceivable that this trade tips the scales in that division at makes Dallas a playoff team, at which point in time they are actually well built to win in cold weather.

This makes sense. If you are going to draft a wideout in the 2019 first round anyway, you might as well get him now and hope he helps this year. And they must think Cooper will be comparable to what they would draft in the 2019 first round. Or at least safer.

Homedawg
10-22-2018, 03:56 PM
On paper this looks like a terrible trade for Dallas. What's the scoop on him with the Raiders?

Terrible trade for dallas. Cooper hasnt been productive, and has just a year left on his deal. dumb dumb dumb

msstate7
10-22-2018, 04:01 PM

Isn't cooper owed over 20 million this year and next? A rookie wouldn't get that much

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2018, 04:03 PM
Terrible trade for dallas. Cooper hasnt been productive, and has just a year left on his deal. dumb dumb dumb

Disagree.

parabrave
10-22-2018, 04:06 PM

Raiders gutting the team for draft picks. Good trade for Dallas.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2018, 04:08 PM
Isn't cooper owed over 20 million this year and next? A rookie wouldn't get that much

Not sure but there isn't a WR close to Cooper's level in his draft and the Cowboys has to have a WR.

Additionally, if you're Dak, this is huge as a commitment to you since the Cowboys just traded the pick that they could've used to even attempt to replace you with.

Lastly, fans struggle with trades IMO. If you need a WR and he's the only good one that's available, then you've to pay he piper. The Cowboys have a championship level defense and other pieces. This move could propel them.

There's not an unlimited amount of players available. You can't turn down this trade because you think there is a better deal. There is no other deal or player.

msstate7
10-22-2018, 04:10 PM
PFF rates Cooper as above avg, which is below good.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/amari-cooper/9437

Can't believe the cowboys gave up a 1st

msstate7
10-22-2018, 04:11 PM
Bc of the cowboys' stupidity, Arizona will want an arm and a leg for Patrick Peterson. This hurts my saints chances of getting him

stalkingpoon
10-22-2018, 04:14 PM
PFF rates Cooper as above avg, which is below good.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/amari-cooper/9437

Can't believe the cowboys gave up a 1st

They also have Slay as above average. Take that as you will.

msstate7
10-22-2018, 04:18 PM
They also have Slay as above average. Take that as you will.

2017: 48 catches 680 yds 7 td
2018: 22 catches 280 yds 1 td

18 of his 22 and 244 of his 280 came vs thd browns and broncos. Against rams, dolphins, chargers, and Seahawks, he has 4 catches 36 yards

stalkingpoon
10-22-2018, 04:20 PM

He's missed a game with a concussion and hasn't been 100%. The 2 games he was 100% he went for over 100 yards each time.

Cooterpoot
10-22-2018, 04:20 PM
Coopers been hurt (foot) and hasn't been the same. But that Raider offense is garbage too. If Cooper returns to his first couple years in the NFL self, it's an ok deal. Problem is, Dallas can't pay him next year.

msstate7
10-22-2018, 04:21 PM
He's missed a game with a concussion and hasn't been 100%. The 2 games he was 100% he went for over 100 yards each time.

ESPN shows him playing all 6 games

Homedawg
10-22-2018, 04:22 PM
Disagree.

what about this do you like? A guy that's over priced, not producing, and you give up a first rounder. Julio Jones or AB couldn't make them a super bowl contender. Playoffs are possible bc the east sucks. Cooper isn't the answer.

stalkingpoon
10-22-2018, 04:23 PM
ESPN shows him playing all 6 games

He was injured early in the Seattle game if I'm not mistaken.

Homedawg
10-22-2018, 04:24 PM

2 good games and 4 that match the numbers of msu's receivers. NO THANKS

stalkingpoon
10-22-2018, 04:26 PM
We will revisit this in a few weeks and see how it plays out.

msstate7
10-22-2018, 04:28 PM
We will revisit this in a few weeks and see how it plays out.

Have to wait till the offseason. See who is available at that spot in draft. Cowboys can't win nfc against saints, Vikings, or rams. What if the next mahomes gets drafted in that 1st round slot? This is an all-in move for a team that isn't ready to go all in

Cooterpoot
10-22-2018, 04:33 PM
Yeah, Jerry is a pathetic owner/GM. This is a one year situation unless Cooper sucks it up and Jerry can get him cheap. If he's good, he gone.

KOdawg1
10-22-2018, 04:38 PM
I don't mind the trade because they desperately need help on offense, but they could've just re-signed Dez Bryant and gotten a similar player who knows the offense, and it wouldn't have costed any draft picks..

msstate7
10-22-2018, 04:40 PM
I don't mind the trade because they desperately need help on offense, but they could've just re-signed Dez Bryant and gotten a similar player who knows the offense, and it wouldn't have costed any draft picks..

Gone after josh Gordon who is better anyway

Commercecomet24
10-22-2018, 04:41 PM
Compare trades: Pats get Josh Gordon for a 5th round pick and Dallas gets Amari Cooper for a first. Jerry had to do something cause their WR outside of Beasley are just not good. I hope this works out for Daks sake but as Cooter said if Cooper's good this year he's probably gone and then Dallas has lost their first round pick.

Bass Chaser
10-22-2018, 05:11 PM
They could have taken a WR this year in the 1st round but took a LB.

WSOPdawg
10-22-2018, 05:42 PM
They could have taken a WR this year in the 1st round but took a LB.

LVE has turned out to be a good pick at LB. I just wonder if the Raiders make Gabe Jackson is available b/c it seems the Cowboys' offensive line could also use some help.

msbulldog
10-22-2018, 05:58 PM
Bc of the cowboys' stupidity, Arizona will want an arm and a leg for Patrick Peterson. This hurts my saints chances of getting him
WHO DAT!

BeardoMSU
10-22-2018, 06:51 PM
This is some great info regarding Dak's abysmal supporting cast

"No receiving corps in the league looked less imposing on paper heading into the season, and the Cowboys have lived down to expectations. The NFL's Next Gen Stats reveal what Dak is dealing with, as the league tracks the yards of separation between a receiver and the closest defender when a pass arrives. Just 36.4 percent of Prescott's passes have gone to open receivers (3-plus yards away from a defender) this season, the lowest rate in the league among quarterbacks with 200 or more attempts. The league average is 45 percent. Prescott's average pass goes to a receiver with 2.9 yards of separation. Again, that's last among the 22 qualifying passers. Just 43.9 percent of Prescott's pass yards have been generated by receivers after the catch, which ranks 21st out of 22 passers."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25055564/making-sense-dallas-cowboys-trade-amari-cooper-oakland-raiders-2018-nfl

Commercecomet24
10-22-2018, 06:56 PM
This is some great info regarding Dak's abysmal supporting cast

"No receiving corps in the league looked less imposing on paper heading into the season, and the Cowboys have lived down to expectations. The NFL's Next Gen Stats reveal what Dak is dealing with, as the league tracks the yards of separation between a receiver and the closest defender when a pass arrives. Just 36.4 percent of Prescott's passes have gone to open receivers (3-plus yards away from a defender) this season, the lowest rate in the league among quarterbacks with 200 or more attempts. The league average is 45 percent. Prescott's average pass goes to a receiver with 2.9 yards of separation. Again, that's last among the 22 qualifying passers. Just 43.9 percent of Prescott's pass yards have been generated by receivers after the catch, which ranks 21st out of 22 passers."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25055564/making-sense-dallas-cowboys-trade-amari-cooper-oakland-raiders-2018-nfl

Dang I knew his receivers sucked but that's even worse than I imagined. It's actually just short of a miracle what he's accomplished this year then!

Dawgowar
10-22-2018, 07:09 PM
1. Cooper will require two DB's - something no Cowboy WR does now except....Cole Beasley. Once he is taken out of the game with double coverage everyone else draws single coverage. Which is obviously very effective

2. TE's are growing up but they are not pulling guys off the line and away from Zeke. Cooper AND Beasly being threats clears this up. Potentially.

3. Cooper also made the pro bowl in each of his first two seasons.

4. Dallas goes 7-9 to at best 10-6 this year. Cooper will beat a number 12-22 pick.

5. Dak may not get a contract extension this year regardless and the Cowboys do not have to provide one. He still has year four under a presumably new head coach. Word around Texas is that Jerry is now considering axing the clapper for a young up and coming coach OR a NCAA coach. Hello Harbaugh?

6. However Dak turns this around and they get into the playoffs and win one or two games ....he and Zeke are getting PAID. Cowboys are supposed to be 50-60 mil under the cap next year.

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2018, 07:13 PM

18 of his 22 and 244 of his 280 came vs thd browns and broncos. Against rams, dolphins, chargers, and Seahawks, he has 4 catches 36 yards

Well its not like any other WR on the Raiders is lighting it up either. Dallas needed a weapon and went and got one and people are still bitching. That was their biggest need and are trying to address it.

Had they done nothing people would've bitched and said they arent even trying. He was the best one that was tradeable and they got him

msstate7
10-22-2018, 07:14 PM
Well its not like any other WR on the Raiders is lighting it up either. Dallas needed a weapon and went and got one and people are still bitching. That was their biggest need and are trying to address it.

Had they done nothing people would've bitched and said they arent even trying. He was the best one that was tradeable and they got him

No, josh Gordon was the best available. Pats gave a 5th.

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2018, 07:16 PM
No, josh Gordon was the best available. Pats gave a 5th.

Yeah Josh Gordon the one who has been off the field more than hes been on it? I'll pass

msstate7
10-22-2018, 07:18 PM
Yeah Josh Gordon the one who has been off the field more than hes been on it? I'll pass

Pats didn't.

BuckyIsAB****
10-22-2018, 07:20 PM
Pats didn't.

The pats win with amendola and chris hogan at WR. They wouldve been fine without him.

Give me cooper over gordon 10 out of 10 times

Commercecomet24
10-22-2018, 07:33 PM
The pats win with amendola and chris hogan at WR. They wouldve been fine without him.

Give me cooper over gordon 10 out of 10 times

But amendola is gone. I can tell you as a pats fan since the trade for Gordon and Edelman return the pats are averaging 40 points a game. Last 2 weeks Gordon has caught 4th down passes that kept drives going. Dude is dynamic. Now can he stay out of trouble that remains to be seen. But giving a conditional pick to get someone of his quality was a win for the pats.

Bass Chaser
10-22-2018, 07:33 PM
The griping is because they gave up a 1st round pick.

Homedawg
10-22-2018, 08:36 PM
1. Cooper will require two DB's - something no Cowboy WR does now except....Cole Beasley. Once he is taken out of the game with double coverage everyone else draws single coverage. Which is obviously very effective

2. TE's are growing up but they are not pulling guys off the line and away from Zeke. Cooper AND Beasly being threats clears this up. Potentially.

3. Cooper also made the pro bowl in each of his first two seasons.

4. Dallas goes 7-9 to at best 10-6 this year. Cooper will beat a number 12-22 pick.

5. Dak may not get a contract extension this year regardless and the Cowboys do not have to provide one. He still has year four under a presumably new head coach. Word around Texas is that Jerry is now considering axing the clapper for a young up and coming coach OR a NCAA coach. Hello Harbaugh?

6. However Dak turns this around and they get into the playoffs and win one or two games ....he and Zeke are getting PAID. Cowboys are supposed to be 50-60 mil under the cap next year.

But he's hasn't played better for two years than a 12-22 pick and only has one year left on his contract which btw is 13+ million. Again, no thanks. Oakland is dying to dump guys and they found a taker in Dallas.

msstate7
10-22-2018, 08:41 PM
Jones wr trades...

1st and 3rd for Roy Williams
1st for Joey Galloway
1st for cooper

Bass Chaser
10-22-2018, 08:45 PM
Jones wr trades...

1st for Joey Galloway
1st for cooper

Why are you pouring salt in our wounds?**

Homedawg
10-22-2018, 08:45 PM
Jones wr trades...

1st for Joey Galloway
1st for cooper
Well here's the good news, it can't be worse than those two.....

Commercecomet24
10-22-2018, 08:55 PM
Jones wr trades...

1st for Joey Galloway
1st for cooper

Man that's brutal!

Dawgowar
10-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Jones wr trades...

1st for Joey Galloway
1st for cooper

2 Firsts for Galloway and he blew his leg out in the first game, Aikman retired before he could recover.

msstate7
10-30-2018, 12:51 PM
Texans traded 4th round pick for Demaryius Thomas and a 7th round pick. Like this trade much better than the cooper trade. Thomas has better stats this year and last season

msstate7
10-30-2018, 12:54 PM
Eagles get Golden Tate for a 3rd. He also has better stats than cooper this year and last

msudawglb
10-30-2018, 01:35 PM
Texans traded 4th round pick for Demaryius Thomas and a 7th round pick. Like this trade much better than the cooper trade. Thomas has better stats this year and last season

They did a statistical analysis of what round does J. Jones f--- up the most with his pick choices. They decided that it would be the safest to trade away the 1st round pick. ****

Homedawg
10-30-2018, 01:43 PM
Eagles get Golden Tate for a 3rd. He also has better stats than cooper this year and last

Agree on both.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2018, 02:47 PM
Jerry Jones is a pathetic excuse for an owner. He's loyal to former players like Garrett, makes stupid trades, & gives away cap money. He just hired a guy that was an awful OL to coach his OL.
But, I will say, Cooper was hurt last year and is just now starting to get back to normal. He's got a bigger upside than any WR available if he's healthy.

Homedawg
10-30-2018, 03:33 PM
Jerry Jones is a pathetic excuse for an owner. He's loyal to former players like Garrett, makes stupid trades, & gives away cap money. He just hired a guy that was an awful OL to coach his OL.
But, I will say, Cooper was hurt last year and is just now starting to get back to normal. He's got a bigger upside than any WR available if he's healthy.

Maybe so on upside. However, he's isn't worth a first round pick when he's due 13 mil next year on the last year of his contract. And fact is, injured or not, his numbers have declined the last two years.

msstate7
10-30-2018, 03:42 PM
So now Jones sold a #1 in hopes to beat the Super Bowl champs in the east. Now the eagles added an arguable better weapon to a superior team to start with. Tate has essentially matched cooper's best year the last 2 seasons, and he's on pace to do even better this season

Pit Bull
10-30-2018, 10:15 PM
Guess we'll find out this coming Monday night vs the Titans. I'm not a Cowboy fan generally, only pull for them for Dak's sake. I am a Tennessee Titan fan though, so that puts me into a quandry for Monday Night Football. Hopefully Dak can have a superb game and the Titans eek out a close win.....that's my best scenario.

Dawghouse
12-20-2018, 11:20 AM
Gone after josh Gordon who is better anyway

Paging FreezingColdTakes. I knew it wouldn't be long.

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-gordon-reportedly-facing-another-indefinite-suspension-nfl-144751287.html

msstate7
12-20-2018, 11:24 AM
Paging FreezingColdTakes. I knew it wouldn't be long.

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-gordon-reportedly-facing-another-indefinite-suspension-nfl-144751287.html

Saw that. Dude just can't get right.

msstate7
12-20-2018, 11:27 AM
Well barring a collapse, the Cooper trade will result in an east title. I still don't think cowboys make it past the divisional round and Cooper will be very expensive, but the trade has turned out better than I expected. Gotta see how the playoffs turn out, cooper's contract, and who the raiders take with 1st to see if the trade worked out well.

Commercecomet24
12-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Saw that. Dude just can't get right.

It's sad in so many ways other than football. I pray the young man can get straight before he winds up dead.

Dallas_Dawg
12-20-2018, 01:22 PM
It's sad in so many ways other than football. I pray the young man can get straight before he winds up dead.

I'm pretty sure his issue is marijuana. He is not going to be dead from marijuana.

Commercecomet24
12-20-2018, 01:54 PM
I'm pretty sure his issue is marijuana. He is not going to be dead from marijuana.

It's more than marijuana. He has other substance abuse issues.

Nevertheless still praying he gets help