PDA

View Full Version : Fitz Post-Game Last Night

Maridian Dawg
10-21-2018, 10:01 PM
So apparently Fitz went on a Twitter tantrum last night after the game, and deleted it all. Is there any truth to this? If so, does anyone have screenshots or pictures?

parabrave
10-21-2018, 10:03 PM
Where is Maridian located?

Maridian Dawg
10-21-2018, 10:08 PM
Where is Maridian located?

Haha, misspelled my username when signing up. It is supposed to be Meridian Dawg. Meridian is located in East Mississippi about 90 miles south of Starkville. About 95 miles east of Jackson.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 10:08 PM
I'm betting he probably knows that.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 10:30 PM
I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me.

After the Auburn win where he lit them up for 69 yards he got on Twitter and posted something like "Oh, now you love me again" paraphrased.

It didn't really impress me and told a lot about his maturity or lack thereof.

Quaoarsking
10-22-2018, 12:02 AM
The fact that no one has posted screenshots, and it's not a story on ESPN or the Clarion Ledger or anywhere else, is strong evidence that it didn't happen.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2018, 12:05 AM
Dude has laid it on the line for 4 years. I don't give a shit if he replied to some Twitter trolls.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2018, 12:06 AM
Dude has laid it on the line for 4 years. I don't give a shit if he replied to some Twitter trolls.

Amen.

Coach007
10-22-2018, 12:07 AM

+100000000000

Dawg61
10-22-2018, 12:08 AM
Haha these buttons

https://twitter.com/nickfitz07/status/1044738956674445312

bluelightstar
10-22-2018, 12:17 AM
Fitz should reply to the defensive players liking and retweeting posts that say he should be benched.**

Todd4State
10-22-2018, 01:17 AM
Fitz should reply to the defensive players liking and retweeting posts that say he should be benched.**

If I was a defensive player I would be frustrated as hell with him. Or anyone else on the team to be honest.

GreenheadDawg
10-22-2018, 05:37 AM
If I was a defensive player I would be frustrated as hell with him. Or anyone else on the team to be honest.

Yeh I think they have every right to be pissed right now. #benchFitz

Dawg2003
10-22-2018, 06:01 AM

True. The team appears to be done with him. Several of them were liking a tweet by Marcus Spears about putting KT in. I know it's not good to the kids on the Twitter, but I was curious after I saw someone else post something in another forum. Even KT liked some tweet about it being time to start him. So Fitz is done per the team it would appear. That's gotta be awkward. I just can't figure out how so many fell for this lie that Fitz was gonna flourish under Moorhead, and the transition would be seamless.

Lord McBuckethead
10-22-2018, 06:57 AM
Look, as someone posted above, dude put it on the line for 4 years. No need to run anyone down. Fitz was given almost an impossible path this year with the injury, new offense, new philosophy, etc. Thank you Fitz. Screw everyone attacking him directly on Twitter. With that being said, its KTs time. He has 5 games to show us what he has.

msstate7
10-22-2018, 07:00 AM
Look, as someone posted above, dude put it on the line for 4 years. No need to run anyone down. Fitz was given almost an impossible path this year with the injury, new offense, new philosophy, etc. Thank you Fitz. Screw everyone attacking him directly on Twitter. With that being said, its KTs time. He has 5 games to show us what he has.

I think fitz gets this week; but if he performs bad again, I think we see key and maybe key starts vs la tech

dawgday166
10-22-2018, 07:03 AM
I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me.

After the Auburn win where he lit them up for 69 yards he got on Twitter and posted something like "Oh, now you love me again" paraphrased.

It didn't really impress me and told a lot about his maturity or lack thereof.

Is this sorta like Moorhead bristling up about how Mullen only finished with record above .500 in SEC play 1 time and he was here to take us to bigger/better things, or bristling up when questioned repeatedly about if our WRs were gonna suck, etc. He's a damn SEC coach and close to 50 years old. He ain't a 22 year old kid with an entire fanbase's hopes resting on his shoulders and expecting him to be Joe Montana.

Seems like Joe can be a little sensitive too ... and he ain't done a damn thing for MSU yet like Fitz has.

msstate7
10-22-2018, 07:08 AM
Perhaps Moorhead is trying to get fitz knocked out of there to give key a shot. After all, he ran fitz nonstop Saturday night without a lead blocker. Hell, fitz took a shot to the head area in a game that was over.... Moorhead sent em right back out there (75% playing)

dawgday166
10-22-2018, 07:20 AM
Perhaps Moorhead is trying to get fitz knocked out of there to give key a shot. After all, he ran fitz nonstop Saturday night without a lead blocker. Hell, fitz took a shot to the head area in a game that was over.... Moorhead sent em right back out there (75% playing)

I rewatched the damn debacle twice. Most all of those were designed QB runs with WRs blocking. Maybe there were a few plays that were RPOs where there were open WRs, cause on a few plays I thought were RPOs, TV angle didn't show whole field.

But I will say this ... a lot of times Fitz has 1.5 secs or less to make a decision. The other night he made very poor decisions, some when he had time to do so. One thing I noticed tho ... LSU D didn't have any trouble sliding to catch passes, catching short passes over middle, stretching to catch passes, etc. Apparently Fitz thows a very catchable ball to LSU LBs and DBs. **** But when our WRs drop balls that hit them in hands or chest it's "uncatchable" or they're "surprised" that pass is on target. What a load of bullshit that is.

BrunswickDawg
10-22-2018, 07:45 AM
I rewatched the damn debacle twice. Most all of those were designed QB runs with WRs blocking. Maybe there were a few plays that were RPOs where there were open WRs, cause on a few plays I thought were RPOs, TV angle didn't show whole field.

But I will say this ... a lot of times Fitz has 1.5 secs or less to make a decision. The other night he made very poor decisions, some when he had time to do so. One thing I noticed tho ... LSU D didn't have any trouble sliding to catch passes, catching short passes over middle, stretching to catch passes, etc. Apparently Fitz thows a very catchable ball to LSU LBs and DBs. **** But when our WRs drop balls that hit them in hands or chest it's "uncatchable" or they're "surprised" that pass is on target. What a load of bullshit that is.

I'm the biggest Fitz guy there is - and after Saturday night, I'd bench him.

His confidence is totally shot and the offense as Moorhead is running it has him completely lost. He also took a beating in the running game this week. He was productive on the ground - but he ran most of the night without any lead blocker. And - as you point out - Moorhead calling so many designed QB runs is an issue. It's adding fuel to the fire because most people think Fitz is being selfish at this point. The reality is with his confidence shot and confusion about reads, calling any RPO is a bad idea. As blown out as he is mentally, his natural tendency is going to be to tuck and run because it is the one thing he knows he can do and that's all he trusts at this point.

It reminds me so much of Croom continuing to run Mike Henig out there knowing the kid was running scared and mentally fried. I had flashbacks to Henig's 6 INT debacle in Baton Rouge Saturday night. I also had flashbacks to the Gator Bowl and Russell throwing pick after pick and Mullen refusing to pull him - because it had a lot of that same stubborn stink on the decision making to keep the guy in.

This is an all out cluster****. And it's terrible for Fitz, the team, and the fans.
I really thought we had escaped the MSU Senior QB curse - but it's getting revenge for giving us Dak.

dawgday166
10-22-2018, 07:50 AM
I'm the biggest Fitz guy there is - and after Saturday night, I'd bench him.

His confidence is totally shot and the offense as Moorhead is running it has him completely lost. He also took a beating in the running game this week. He was productive on the ground - but he ran most of the night without any lead blocker. And - as you point out - Moorhead calling so many designed QB runs is an issue. It's adding fuel to the fire because most people think Fitz is being selfish at this point. The reality is with his confidence shot and confusion about reads, calling any RPO is a bad idea. As blown out as he is mentally, his natural tendency is going to be to tuck and run because it is the one thing he knows he can do and that's all he trusts at this point.

It reminds me so much of Croom continuing to run Mike Henig out there knowing the kid was running scared and mentally fried. I had flashbacks to Henig's 6 INT debacle in Baton Rouge Saturday night. I also had flashbacks to the Gator Bowl and Russell throwing pick after pick and Mullen refusing to pull him - because it had a lot of that same stubborn stink on the decision making to keep the guy in.

This is an all out cluster****. And it's terrible for Fitz, the team, and the fans.
I really thought we had escaped the MSU Senior QB curse - but it's getting revenge for giving us Dak.

I agree with everything you've said ... it's time for Key. Just hope Moorhead has the guts to do it.

duncflydawg
10-22-2018, 07:55 AM
I would love to see Fitz move to O. Mitchell?s spot. Get him the ball on jet sweeps and screen passes. He was a WR in high school and he has the speed and toughness, why not? I guarantee his only shot at making an NFL roster will be moving positions. With his measurables he may have an outside shot.

deadheaddawg
10-22-2018, 08:08 AM

He needs to find a broad side of a barn and practice throwing instead of playing on Twitter

Dawg61
10-22-2018, 08:30 AM
I would love to see Fitz move to O. Mitchell?s spot. Get him the ball on jet sweeps and screen passes. He was a WR in high school and he has the speed and toughness, why not? I guarantee his only shot at making an NFL roster will be moving positions. With his measurables he may have an outside shot.

It's too late to move him to another position. He only has 5-6 games left in his career. Maybe make him a little package of plays like Taysom Hill for the Saints has but at this point moving him to an entirely different position isn't feasible and it only hurts Osirus Mitchell.

yjnkdawg
10-22-2018, 09:49 AM
I think fitz gets this week; but if he performs bad again, I think we see key and maybe key starts vs la tech

I think if Fitz starts against TAMU that he will be on a very short lease. I think if the coaches actually look at and evaluate the game film then KT will start. I still feel for Fitz, as he was thrown into a bad situation that was beyond his control, and he is trying as hard as he can to make it work.

StarkVegasSteve
10-22-2018, 10:39 AM
It's too late to move him to another position. He only has 5-6 games left in his career. Maybe make him a little package of plays like Taysom Hill for the Saints has but at this point moving him to an entirely different position isn't feasible and it only hurts Osirus Mitchell.

This might be the way to go. It keeps him locked in and prevents him getting a bad attitude and affecting other members of the team. Also would go a long ways towards his future to show teams he's willing to help the team in ways other than QB