PDA

View Full Version : PSU vs OSU 2016 & 2017

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 08:46 PM
McSorley 8/23 - 154 yds 1 TD. 30.9 QBR.
McSorley had a rushing TD as well and there was a ST returned block FG for a TD too.

2 offensive generated TDs. 276 yds total offense.

McSorley 17/29 - 192 yds 2 TDs. 80.4 QBR
McSorley had 1 TD rushing; Barkley had 1 TD rushing, 1 TD on opening KO return.
4 offensive generated TD
... Go watch the last TD and the play the PSU receiver made on that ball.
283 yds total offense.

Seems McSorley didn't fare too well in his 1st experience against SEC caliber D running this offense. 2nd time was solid but Barkley and that WR made some plays too. I wouldn't call McSorley's play in 2nd game off the charts or nuthin like that. Very solid tho. Sort of like Fitz against Bama last year.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 09:06 PM
Michigan is a better defense and they lit them up last year. Was bad in 2016 in their 4th game of the year, his first year. And you forgot the most important stat, they were 1-1 vs OSU. Also, Iowa, Michigan St and Northwestern were ranked just behind OSU(15) in the Top 20 last season. They play in the same league and were comparable to OSU. You are cherry picking one team because you believe recruiting rankings is the only factor. A good team defense is a good team defense. We have a very good defense but by your benchmark you think OSU’s is better?

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 09:09 PM
Michigan is a better defense and they lit them up last year. Was bad in 2016 in their 4th game of the year, his first year. And you forgot the most important stat, they were 1-1 vs OSU. Also, Iowa, Michigan St and Northwestern were ranked just behind OSU(15) in the Top 20 last season. They play in the same league and were comparable to OSU. You are cherry picking one team because you believe recruiting rankings is the only factor. A good team defense is a good team defense. We have a very good defense but by your benchmark you think OSU’s is better?

I used OSU cause I believe they are typically the closest thing to an SEC D, that why I chose them. They were 1/1 ... but also the 2nd game was McSorley's much better game, after he'd been in the system 2 years. His first year was about like Fitz against KY & FL, which both of those D's are pretty decent this year.

Michigan would be another tho.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 09:09 PM
Michigan is a better defense and they lit them up last year. Was bad in 2016 in their 4th game of the year, his first year. And you forgot the most important stat, they were 1-1 vs OSU. Also, Iowa, Michigan St and Northwestern were ranked just behind OSU(15) in the Top 20 last season. They play in the same league and were comparable to OSU. You are cherry picking one team because you believe recruiting rankings is the only factor. A good team defense is a good team defense. We have a very good defense but by your benchmark you think OSU?s is better?

Those 2 years for Ohio state had 9 defensive players drafted, and there will be more from this team. I doubt any other big 10 team has that number

ETA... I was wrong. Michigan had 9 also

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 09:14 PM
Those 2 years for Ohio state had 9 defensive players drafted, and there will be more from this team. I doubt any other big 10 team has that number

ETA... I was wrong. Michigan had 9 also

I understand and like I said MI is actually a better defense. But playing good defense is not always just talent. You can have a very good defense and not have as near as many NFL players

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 09:18 PM
Check out what McSorley did in his 1st year against Michigan.

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2018, 09:43 PM
None of those defenses are sniffing the SEC so all this comparison is doodly squat

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 10:05 PM
Check out what McSorley did in his 1st year against Michigan.

Yep. 59% completion 121 yards. Then 65% last year for 282 yards with 76 yards rushing

Dawgfan77
10-22-2018, 06:51 AM
McSorley 8/23 - 154 yds 1 TD. 30.9 QBR.
McSorley had a rushing TD as well and there was a ST returned block FG for a TD too.

2 offensive generated TDs. 276 yds total offense.

McSorley 17/29 - 192 yds 2 TDs. 80.4 QBR
McSorley had 1 TD rushing; Barkley had 1 TD rushing, 1 TD on opening KO return.
4 offensive generated TD
... Go watch the last TD and the play the PSU receiver made on that ball.
283 yds total offense.

Seems McSorley didn't fare too well in his 1st experience against SEC caliber D running this offense. 2nd time was solid but Barkley and that WR made some plays too. I wouldn't call McSorley's play in 2nd game off the charts or nuthin like that. Very solid tho. Sort of like Fitz against Bama last year.

This along with his no discipline practice lack of recruiting and lack of adjustments are just a few reasons this hire is an epic failure.
7-5 is the ceiling and 5-7 the floor. 6-6 is my prediction but would t surprise me if we get beat by ark or tech.