PDA

View Full Version : Why I can't be mad at Fitz

starkvegasdawg
10-21-2018, 07:49 PM
It's easy to point the finger at him during games when he throws into double coverage with another receiver running wide open or overshoots an open receiver by ten feet, but that's been him his whole career. He's not an accurate passer. No fault of his own. He just isn't. He's just a big tough kid with a cannon for an arm but no guidance system. His whole collegiate career it's been safe simple throws and him running. Now we have the CJM offense and he's gone from simple checks and throws to needing a damn super computer to know what to do with the ball. And oh by the way, that can change 10 times between when he goes under center to the snap. He's confused and uncertain and against SEC defenses that is blood in the water to a school of hungry sharks and a defensive coordinator's wet dream. Fitz knows he's not an accurate passer so he knows everybody in the stadium knows it will be a run, and when you have all these exotic reads to make that he's not comfortable making, he's unsure of what to do so he does the one thing he knows he can do well...he keeps it and runs. CJM should have shelved 99% of his style offense until he got his QB in place. It should have been readily apparent to him months ago what our offensive personnel can and can't do on a consistent basis. His stubbornness in trying to run his system has taken what should have been a potential dream season and 17ed it right in the ass. Hard. And dry. We've wasted a once in a decade level defense and two running backs that are above average to elite. With a head coach that didn't love the smell of his own farts so much we'd be undefeated and top 10 right now. As it stands now this season is a loss. But this Saturday I'll be there in my upper deck seat hoping for the best. It's my son's 9th birthday so going to try and get him a maroon memory for a present.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 07:55 PM
Good post.

bluelightstar
10-21-2018, 07:58 PM
There's a reason nobody wanted Fitz except UT Chattanooga**

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2018, 08:07 PM
“ Now we have the CJM offense and he's gone from simple checks and throws to needing a damn super computer to know what to do with the ball. And oh by the way, that can change 10 times between when he goes under center to the snap. He's confused and uncertain and against SEC defenses that is blood in the water to a school of hungry sharks and a defensive coordinator's wet dream. “

That’s the problem. Fitz isn’t as bad as he looks. He isn’t drew breez but he isn’t this bad. It is just everyone knows what we can and can’t do and Jomo hasn’t figured out how to counter that 8 man front.

bluelightstar
10-21-2018, 08:14 PM
“ Now we have the CJM offense and he's gone from simple checks and throws to needing a damn super computer to know what to do with the ball. And oh by the way, that can change 10 times between when he goes under center to the snap. He's confused and uncertain and against SEC defenses that is blood in the water to a school of hungry sharks and a defensive coordinator's wet dream. “

That’s the problem. Fitz isn’t as bad as he looks. He isn’t drew breez but he isn’t this bad. It is just everyone knows what we can and can’t do and Jomo hasn’t figured out how to counter that 8 man front.

I have to disagree with this. I thought Moorhead had terrible game plans in the Florida and Kentucky games, and he did not put our guys in position to succeed. The gameplan was fine yesterday; we had open receivers against a very good LSU secondary. Guidry was wide open for a TD and Fitz threw it to New Orleans. I don't think Moorhead has done a good job, but he has a QB who literally can't make any throw right now.

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 08:41 PM
JoeMo knew we would have to effectively pass some against LSU if we were to win. This offensive scheme has confused Fitz, and it seems the only time that he is somewhat comfortable, is on a designed quarterback run. He still seems to be more careful and tentative even running than he was last year. Some of that could be mental. JoeMo got upset with him several times. One was when we couldn't score and the other was the pick that lead to the first LSU touchdown. That was two that I was aware of. Fitz never has been a proficient passer, but it seems he has pretty much lost all confidence in his passing now.