PDA

View Full Version : We need Moorhead to start Key for two huge reasons

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 07:12 PM
1) to see if our HC has the balls to bench the all-time SEC rushing leader at QB because he's the biggest issue with the offense and absolutely deserves it. Fitz is the biggest issue with the offense, it's plain as day to see.

2) so we can see if our offense still sucks with Key and it's a Moorhead problem not a QB problem.

I want Moorhead fired if he refuses to bench Fitz (needs to do it right now) and I want Moorhead fired if he benches Fitz and our offense still sucks ass and we miss a bowl game. Outside of those two scenarios I am giving Moorhead next year to prove he deserves year 3. If he burns up our QB depth chart and starts Schrader we better be lights out on offense or I will also want him fired for doing that to Key and Mayden.

Key can save Moorhead's job for me for next year by getting us to a bowl game. If Key can't get us to a bowl game I am firing Moorhead end of this year. First on my call list in no order are Les Miles, Mike Leach and Kendal Briles.

Year 3 under Moorhead is in serious jeopardy for me at this point. Drastic improvement on offense has to start happening immediately and the speed at which we snap the ball is the easiest of all fixes and needs to be 1a) on issues to fix along with 1b) actually handing the ball off to our RBs instead of our QB rushing it 22 times (another reason I want Fitz benched is it's Fitz deciding to run himself so much instead of handing off to our RBs).

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2018, 07:30 PM
1) to see if our HC has the balls to bench the all-time SEC rushing leader at QB because he's the biggest issue with the offense and absolutely deserves it. Fitz is the biggest issue with the offense, it's plain as day to see.

2) so we can see if our offense still sucks with Key and it's a Moorhead problem not a QB problem.

I want Moorhead fired if he refuses to bench Fitz (needs to do it right now) and I want Moorhead fired if he benches Fitz and our offense still sucks ass and we miss a bowl game. Outside of those two scenarios I am giving Moorhead next year to prove he deserves year 3. If he burns up our QB depth chart and starts Schrader we better be lights out on offense or I will also want him fired for doing that to Key and Mayden.

Key can save Moorhead's job for me for next year by getting us to a bowl game. If Key can't get us to a bowl game I am firing Moorhead end of this year. First on my call list in no order are Les Miles, Mike Leach and Kendal Briles.

Year 3 under Moorhead is in serious jeopardy for me at this point. Drastic improvement on offense has to start happening immediately and the speed at which we snap the ball is the easiest of all fixes and needs to be 1a) on issues to fix along with 1b) actually handing the ball off to our RBs instead of our QB rushing it 22 times (another reason I want Fitz benched is it's Fitz deciding to run himself so much instead of handing off to our RBs).

Yea I agree with 2. We at least need to see. I dont doubt he has the balls to bench him because he suspended him for a game. I do doubt whether he has the common sense to try something else

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 07:42 PM
Yea I agree with 2. We at least need to see. I dont doubt he has the balls to bench him because he suspended him for a game. I do doubt whether he has the common sense to try something else

I thought the suspension was a school rule and Moorhead had no control over it.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 07:43 PM

Can the school step in and do it again this week? I just wanna see key... I don't think we winning with either

Coach007
10-21-2018, 07:46 PM

So you want to experiment again.

AWESOME!

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 07:52 PM
So you want to experiment again.

AWESOME!

Am I supposed to just guess what "experiment on" is referencing here.

TUSK
10-21-2018, 08:04 PM

I'll allow it.

I'd love to see The Hat back in the Division...

Coach007
10-21-2018, 08:44 PM
Am I supposed to just guess what "experiment on" is referencing here.

No. I thought you were smart enough to figure it out like everything else.

Your opinion was we could put anybody in and do as well as Mullen. Wanted him gone.... kicked whined and screamed. Welcome to experiment #1..... so far a team that can not score in the SEC.

Now your return will be "Mullen wanted to leave". Maybe. Maybe it was enough people complaining to the brass at MS St because his agent was being an agent. But that doesn't matter. This is what you wanted. Mullen gone new coach because anybody could do as well or better. So far...

Now, because experiment 1 is not going the way you thought, you are going after a player (and that's your "right") and calling for the back up.

It seems that's in your DNA.

Coach007
10-21-2018, 08:44 PM
I'll allow it.

I'd love to see The Hat back in the Division...

no no no.... No Miles here. Please God NO.. LOL!

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 08:54 PM
No. I thought you were smart enough to figure it out like everything else.

Your opinion was we could put anybody in and do as well as Mullen. Wanted him gone.... kicked whined and screamed. Welcome to experiment #1..... so far a team that can not score in the SEC.

Now your return will be "Mullen wanted to leave". Maybe. Maybe it was enough people complaining to the brass at MS St because his agent was being an agent. But that doesn't matter. This is what you wanted. Mullen gone new coach because anybody could do as well or better. So far...

Now, because experiment 1 is not going the way you thought, you are going after a player (and that's your "right") and calling for the back up.

It seems that's in your DNA.

You miss C34 so bad you're talking to me like I'm him. Fitz has been absolute hot garbage. His QBR was 20.1 vs LSU. That's historically the single WORST game a State QB has ever had. Yea it's time to bench him. Change isn't always bad grandpa. I'm assuming you're old as dirt and not twelve years old. No other options.

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 09:02 PM

I think with Fitz's confidence level now, the only play he feels comfortable with is a designed quarterback run. JoeMo was upset with Fitz after us not scoring on the only drive we had. It could have been designed quarterback runs, and JoeMo didn't like the way they ware executed or it could have been because the ball should have been handed off to Kylin.

TUSK
10-21-2018, 09:19 PM
You miss C34 so bad you're talking to me like I'm him. Fitz has been absolute hot garbage. His QBR was 20.1 vs LSU. That's historically the single WORST game a State QB has ever had. Yea it's time to bench him. Change isn't always bad grandpa. I'm assuming you're old as dirt and not twelve years old. No other options.

Ageist!*

preachermatt83
10-21-2018, 09:24 PM
Les would have won big time with this team. Not sure about future but this team he would have.

TUSK
10-21-2018, 09:34 PM
Les would have won big time with this team. Not sure about future but this team he would have.

Yup... His playbook would have resembled something from the original Nintendo Techmo Bowl, but he prolly woulda gone 9-3...

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2018, 09:38 PM

I reckon the only people that know that are the school and Moorhead. Either way Key still deserves a shot after that travesty. We are 127th in the country in scoring vs conference opponents. That is grounds worth termination given the talent he has

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2018, 09:39 PM
Yup... His playbook would have resembled something from the original Nintendo Techmo Bowl, but he prolly woulda gone 9-3...

Les would be undefeated right now with this team.

But he isnt number 1 on my list if we farr moorhead

TUSK
10-21-2018, 09:49 PM

He damn well might be, Bucky... In addition to Bammer, I think Les would have dropped one weird upset type game and one of: @LSU, A&M, UF...

Watchin' his clock management was always a treat, for me...

TUSK
10-21-2018, 09:52 PM

You're a straight shooter... Would Gus Malzhan be ANYWHERE on your radar?

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 10:43 PM

And probably have eaten a good bit of grass too. :D

turtlesnacks
10-21-2018, 11:15 PM

completely ignoring the rest of this madness i will not sacrifice the integrity of this university, team, and community as a whole just to win some football games. if we ever hired kendal briles i will personally sock john cohen straight in the teeth. y?all are crazy wanting that carcinogenic leper anywhere near this program or town.

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 11:18 PM
completely ignoring the rest of this madness i will not sacrifice the integrity of this university, team, and community as a whole just to win some football games. if we ever hired kendal briles i will personally sock john cohen straight in the teeth. y?all are crazy wanting that carcinogenic leper anywhere near this program or town.

What exactly did Kendal Briles do that you feel he should be banished to football Siberia for life?

turtlesnacks
10-21-2018, 11:25 PM
What exactly did Kendal Briles do that you feel he should be banished to football Siberia for life?

i’m gonna make the assumption that you probably have a device capable of computing with internet connection and you are capable of looking up “kendal briles baylor”. let me know if that’s too difficult though

CadaverDawg
10-21-2018, 11:30 PM
I'd take Les Miles over Joe shit show right now with zero hesitation. I'm so disappointed...we have the talent to be looking forward to a heavyweight bout with Bama, but instead we're headed back to Croom days. What a complete disaster. Disgusting. Gut wrenching. Inexcusable. There's nothing this Big10 buffoon could do at this point that will ever allow me to overlook the way he ruined this loaded roster this season. That's why I say to hell with giving him more time....if you can find a way to tank with this roster he inherited, you don't deserve another game much less another year.

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 11:37 PM
i’m gonna make the assumption that you probably have a device capable of computing with internet connection and you are capable of looking up “kendal briles baylor”. let me know if that’s too difficult though

Oh I can hit up google. I wanna hear it from you though cause I'm pretty sure you're just staining anything associated with Art Briles at the moment.

TUSK
10-21-2018, 11:40 PM

dang.

BB30
10-22-2018, 11:13 AM
I'd take Les Miles over Joe shit show right now with zero hesitation. I'm so disappointed...we have the talent to be looking forward to a heavyweight bout with Bama, but instead we're headed back to Croom days. What a complete disaster. Disgusting. Gut wrenching. Inexcusable. There's nothing this Big10 buffoon could do at this point that will ever allow me to overlook the way he ruined this loaded roster this season. That's why I say to hell with giving him more time....if you can find a way to tank with this roster he inherited, you don't deserve another game much less another year.

The same Les Miles that had an NFL QB and several stud NFL WRs along with Fournette and a nasty offensive line and couldn't put it together offensively, no thanks. He had more offensive talent than everyone not named bama and couldn't do a thing with it, what makes you think he could do something with our offensive talent? He also ran a pro style drop back offense that relied on PA in the passing game, that would be a worse fit for Fitz than what we are running now.

Les would have still lost a couple of games. I would say at best we would be 5-2 with a win over Ky but could quite possibly be sitting exactly where we are now at 4-3.

msstate7
10-22-2018, 11:14 AM
The same Les Miles that had an NFL QB and several stud NFL WRs along with Fournette and a nasty offensive line and couldn't put it together offensively, no thanks. He had more offensive talent than everyone not named bama and couldn't do a thing with it, what makes you think he could do something with our offensive talent? He also ran a pro style drop back offense that relied on PA in the passing game, that would be a worse fit for Fitz than what we are running now.

Les would have still lost a couple of games. I would say at best we would be 5-2 with a win over Ky but could quite possibly be sitting exactly where we are now at 4-3.

So at worst, les and Moorhead are equal.

BB30
10-22-2018, 11:29 AM

Les Miles and Mike Leach?

Les's offense would look just as bad as the one we are trotting out there now. It would look very similar to what we had with Croom. The guy wasted some unbelievably talented WRs and managed to do so with a couple of decent QBs.

Then with Mike Leach, everyone complained after the KY and UF game that we were throwing the ball too much and that we are a running school and need to be running the football 70% of the time so yea, assuming that is the case Mike Leach would have been an awful hire with the WR talent we have and a QB that can't complete a forward pass. His offense would be getting destroyed this year too and I doubt we could recruit guys to run his system and compete with the big dogs in conference. We could probably beat middle of the pack SEC teams with him but there is no way we could recruit the offensive talent to beat the teams we would have to to win a SEC championship with his offense.

I like both of those guys but Les would be terrible here and Leach is thriving in a conference that doesn't play a lot of defense. Washington State is a great fit for him. He would do well at most of the PAC and B12 schools but he would be mediocre here.

As for Kendal Briles I honestly don't know much about his offensive philosophy or his general football philosophy but again, he falls in a similar boat that Leach does. B12 doesn't play much defense outside of a couple of teams. That is before the whole baggage issue. Would be as much of a crap shoot as JOMO was.

I don't know who you go out and get. Most everyone we would or could look at would be unproven in the SEC. ATM got the only guy out there that has a proven track record as a HC with quality SEC experience as well.

I think David Cutcliffe would have been able to do some good things with this year's team but wouldn't have been a solid long term fit.

Neal Brown would be way up my list. Seems like a genuine guy that knows how to game plan and run/build a program. He knows the south and we have gotten a lot of solid talent from the state of Alabama. He has had a couple of bad losses but also has a couple of nice wins under his belt. There aren't a whole lot of SEC or P5 guys out there that I just love or that would have a better resume than Moorhead did coming in.

BB30
10-22-2018, 11:32 AM
So at worst, les and Moorhead are equal.

Yes, way to sum it up for me ha. I'm by no means stating that we should be satisfied with what we have now. But changing coaches just because won't fix anything. A list of Mike Leach, Les Miles, and Briles is a pretty terrible list.