PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Quick Thoughts:

War Machine Dawg
10-21-2018, 02:40 PM
Peeps, trying to do a full blown Armchair QB is too depressing for this "coaching" staff. So here are my quick thoughts:

1. We have returned to the Crxxm Error offense. Our D is national championship good, but the offense is maybe FCS quality.

2. Text from a buddy: "I don't know what's more depressing and infuriating: That we've run a top 10 team into the ground or that we've undone the last decade with one hire." Ouch, true story.

3. Fitz was arguably the best QB in the SEC the last 2 years. He hasn't magically forgotten how to play the position or lost his talent. Blaming him is blaming the symptom for the disease. Moorhead has completely broken him. Fitz is a shell of himself right now and is playing like Nick FitzHenig, not Nick Fitzgerald. He needs to sit for a game or two, clear his head, hopefully regain some confidence. I don't believe Key or Moose are better than Fitz, although I'm open to being convinced, but it's the only move left at this point.

4. I have no clue how Moorhead is escaping blame from the media for this shit show on offense. I wanted to throat punch McElroy last night for sucking off Moorhead as an offensive genius. And it's more than just McElroy that are buying the Joe Moorhead Offensive Genius hype.

5. Why the hell can't we run the ball with our running backs? I checked the stats at one point during the 3rd quarter last night and Hill had all of 7 damned carries. Fitz had 17 carries at that point. When we say #RTGDF, we mean run it with all 3 of our weapons, but primarily Hill & Aeris, not just Fitz.

6. The blame game on offense is pointless in general. We all know the real problem is the guy wearing the headset and calling the plays.

7. Why the hell do our running plays take so long to develop on 3rd & short? Does the Offensive Genius not have any quick hitters in his "system"?

8. At one point late in the 4th quarter, only 5 players had touched the ball on offense. That's high school level ball distribution.

9. Prior to our final possession where Fitz got a bunch of garbage yards, he had just 19 yards passing. Embarrassing that a modern college offense has that little aerial production.

10. Moorhead should be fired yesterday. He'll get 3 years because we're Mississippi State and have no balls, but we've got overwhelming evidence at this point. If he can't win with the team he inherited, he'll never win. I don't care who he recruits at QB, that isn't the real problem.

11. Cohen's head should be firmly fixed under the guillotine. If Lemonis is a bomb, then he's 0-3 in major hires. And his football hire, the one you absolutely can't afford to 17 up in the current SEC environment, is going to undo the last decade of progress we made. That's unacceptable. But hey, cheaper concession prices.****

That's how I see it at this point. I know I don't plan on going to another game this season. Maybe homecoming against LA Tech and only to hang out. But until Moorhead and his system leaves Starkville, we're screwed.

Dawgology
10-21-2018, 02:44 PM
I agree with every single thing you wrote. Well said

Goldendawg
10-21-2018, 02:52 PM
BTW, UM very often gets more yards in one completed pass play than we did in last night's game. Sad, but true.

DogsofAnarchy
10-21-2018, 03:59 PM
BTW, UM very often gets more yards in one completed pass play than we did in last night's game. Sad, but true.

What’s good about that? They can’t beat a good SEC team either. It’s not just about passing. It’s knowing when and what to call and pulling the trigger on doing it.

MarketingBully
10-21-2018, 04:54 PM
WMD, you realize control of the offense is 100% on the QB in this offense. So when Fitz keeps it and doesn?t hand off to the RBs that?s Fitz and not Moorhead. Fitz has many times checked out of a run play only to pass it. Imo the only thing Moorhead is guilty of is continuing to play Fitz when A) he doesn?t trust the guy, and B) he continues to try to fit a square peg in a round hole. He has to go with KT imo because A) KT is a much better passer, B) KT will run the offense and give it to the RBs much more often, and C) KT is just as good a runner at this point. Fitz is about 80% of the problem in this offense and 20% is Moorhead continuing to play him and not understanding how to use him.

DogsofAnarchy
10-21-2018, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=MarketingBully;1012711]WMD, you realize control of the offense is 100% on the QB in this offense. So when Fitz keeps it and doesn?t hand off to the RBs that?s Fitz and not Moorhead. Fitz has many times checked out of a run play only to pass it. Imo the only thing Moorhead is guilty of is continuing to play Fitz when A) he doesn?t trust the guy, and B) he continues to try to fit a square peg in a round hole. He has to go with KT imo because A) KT is a much better passer, B) KT will run the offense and give it to the RBs much more often, and C) KT is just as good a runner at this point. Fitz is about 80% of the problem in this offense and 20% is Moorhead continuing to play him and not understanding how to use him.

This is a misleading post. If Moorhead doesn’t know how to use him or doesn’t have the balls to pull the trigger on KT then it’s 100% coaching. I agree that KT will do no better in this offense.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 05:31 PM
WMD, you realize control of the offense is 100% on the QB in this offense. So when Fitz keeps it and doesn?t hand off to the RBs that?s Fitz and not Moorhead. Fitz has many times checked out of a run play only to pass it. Imo the only thing Moorhead is guilty of is continuing to play Fitz when A) he doesn?t trust the guy, and B) he continues to try to fit a square peg in a round hole. He has to go with KT imo because A) KT is a much better passer, B) KT will run the offense and give it to the RBs much more often, and C) KT is just as good a runner at this point. Fitz is about 80% of the problem in this offense and 20% is Moorhead continuing to play him and not understanding how to use him.

The HC/OC is only 20% of the problem when you admit it is him continuing to play a QB that you allege he doesn’t trust and doesn’t fit his system but you think KT does??? The HC/OC has continued to disagree with you about as adamantly as possible since he keeps playing Fitz! And KT is a career 47% thrower but there’s evidence is a much better thrower? He throw for a lot of yards against SFA but at least 3-4 of those balls would have been easy picks in the SEC. Under thrown and his arm looked weaker.

KT May come in a give the team a spark and help salavahe the season but that’s not a given and the coach that you are trying to defend is the one making the call NOT to have played him at this point. And if KT does spark and perform much better then I put 100% of the blame on the HC for not making that decision and regressing a QB that the past 2 years threw better than KT has so far in his career.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 05:40 PM
The HC/OC is only 20% of the problem when you admit it is him continuing to play a QB that you allege he doesn’t trust and doesn’t fit his system but you think KT does??? The HC/OC has continued to disagree with you about as adamantly as possible since he keeps playing Fitz! And KT is a career 47% thrower but there’s evidence is a much better thrower? He throw for a lot of yards against SFA but at least 3-4 of those balls would have been easy picks in the SEC. Under thrown and his arm looked weaker.

KT May come in a give the team a spark and help salavahe the season but that’s not a given and the coach that you are trying to defend is the one making the call NOT to have played him at this point. And if KT does spark and perform much better then I put 100% of the blame on the HC for not making that decision and regressing a QB that the past 2 years threw better than KT has so far in his career.

No they wouldn't because a lot of times he was missing to guys that were wide open with no one around them.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 05:50 PM
No they wouldn't because a lot of times he was missing to guys that were wide open with no one around them.

....our WR have not been that wide open in SEC play. With a defender within 5 yards of some of those throws, they would have been picks

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 05:53 PM
....our WR have not been that wide open in SEC play. With a defender within 5 yards of some of those throws, they would have been picks

Just like last night.**

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 06:03 PM
Just like last night.**

42% completeion vs SFA and 48% vs Louisville but keep drumming about how accurate he is and ignore how many of his SFA would have never completed in the SEC.

KT has potential and will be a good QB but he hasn’t shown anything yet that says he is head and shoulders more accurate or has a better understanding of what to do. The HC so far agrees with this since he is still on the bench.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 06:10 PM
42% completeion vs SFA and 48% vs Louisville but keep drumming about how accurate he is and ignore how many of his SFA would have never completed in the SEC.

KT has potential and will be a good QB but he hasn’t shown anything yet that says he is head and shoulders more accurate or has a better understanding of what to do. The HC so far agrees with this since he is still on the bench.

I didn't say anything about him being accurate. I simply said our WR's were open last night- and I was at the game and saw the whole field pretty well. There were plays to be made in the passing game if our QB could have gotten them the ball. We literally had receivers by themselves jumping up and down at times with no one around them. If he can simply not turn the ball over and hand the ball off to Kylin and Aeris more than Nick- he will be an upgrade even with a similar completion percentage to what he has now. When KT is throwing to receivers that are wide open and missing high- that doesn't tell me that he doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

And now you're agreeing with the HC whom you have accused of not making adjustments? That's pretty funny.

War Machine Dawg
10-21-2018, 06:23 PM
What’s good about that? They can’t beat a good SEC team either. It’s not just about passing. It’s knowing when and what to call and pulling the trigger on doing it.

Exactly. Who gives a damn about Northern Miss? I'm way more concerned about us. It's a nice bonus when they lose, but I'd rather us win. That said, I'd trade our offense for Longo's in a heartbeat. It may be high school simple, but we'd be hell to stop running it with our talent.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 06:24 PM
I didn't say anything about him being accurate. I simply said our WR's were open last night- and I was at the game and saw the whole field pretty well. There were plays to be made in the passing game if our QB could have gotten them the ball. We literally had receivers by themselves jumping up and down at times with no one around them. If he can simply not turn the ball over and hand the ball off to Kylin and Aeris more than Nick- he will be an upgrade even with a similar completion percentage to what he has now. When KT is throwing to receivers that are wide open and missing high- that doesn't tell me that he doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

And now you're agreeing with the HC whom you have accused of not making adjustments? That's pretty funny.

No I’m fine with making the change and would have sooner or at least been working him in more. I don’t have a problem with what Bama or Clemson did in relation to their QB. You are the one trying to defend Moorehead and put it all on Fitz when the guy you are defending is going against your theory. That’s what’s funny.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 06:31 PM
No I’m fine with making the change and would have sooner or at least been working him in more. I don’t have a problem with what Bama or Clemson did in relation to their QB. You are the one trying to defend Moorehead and put it all on Fitz when the guy you are defending is going against your theory. That’s what’s funny.

Let's see- Moorhead has been successful everywhere he has been. Fitzgerald has never been above 55% passing and has been horrible against top 20 teams for the most part in his career and got suspended for the opener this year.

What's going against my theory again?**

was21
10-21-2018, 06:37 PM
If control of the offense is totally on the QB then we don't need an HC or OC. Sounds like the HC has an out and can always make the QB a scapegoat when there's a loss and take credit when there's a win

GreenheadDawg
10-21-2018, 06:47 PM
I was always hard on Mullen, mainly because he was always looking for an out, but I would give my right nut to have him back

MetEdDawg
10-21-2018, 06:49 PM
For those of you that think Moorhead is the problem, then Fitz better be your guy and you better believe he's capable of leading us to a better season that what we are about to have. Fitz would still be successful even if Moorhead was dumb, which he's not. But do some of you seriously think 8-24 for 59 yards and 4 picks is a Moorhead problem?

Fitz could never pass well. But Dan understood this type of QB, which in reality isn't really a QB. Moorhead's offense isn't built for Fitz. Do some of y'all think coaches just pull out the Dan Mullen playbook and say "ok let's take from this book today time to implement an entirely new offense this week". Or hey let's pull out the Leach playbook and throw 50 passes. You all wanted something different. I did too. We got it. And our QB can't do it. Sucks. But it's necessary to get better to change that dreadful offense to win a title.

Go find me a QB that's won a natty that was run first. Zero. None. Moorhead's offense is the style we need to win at a higher level. We just don't have the QB with the ability to execute it. All of you that want Mullen back are extremely short sighted and it's embarrassing that you can't see that. Give everything we have for one season and pray Mullen bucks his own trend. He put it all together once in 9 years and still managed to shut the bed in the biggest moment that year.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 06:50 PM
Let's see- Moorhead has been successful everywhere he has been. Fitzgerald has never been above 55% passing and has been horrible against top 20 teams for the most part in his career and got suspended for the opener this year.

What's going against my theory again?**

That it’s only the QB’s fault, the QB the HC is still running out there. You are defending the HC while he is playing the QB you think is completely at fault with our offensive problems. Never mind the biggest difference the from this year and the previous 2 years where the QB performed much better and had good games vs Top 20 passing defenses just a year prior, is the coach. I’m not saying at this point you don’t change QB because the coaching has screwed up that position but there are significant issues beyond the QB that is on the coach. Hope it gets better but the offensive does not have a cohesive game plan and piss poor adjustments

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 06:54 PM
For those of you that think Moorhead is the problem, then Fitz better be your guy and you better believe he's capable of leading us to a better season that what we are about to have. Fitz would still be successful even if Moorhead was dumb, which he's not. But do some of you seriously think 8-24 for 59 yards and 4 picks is a Moorhead problem?

Fitz could never pass well. But Dan understood this type of QB, which in reality isn't really a QB. Moorhead's offense isn't built for Fitz. Do some of y'all think coaches just pull out the Dan Mullen playbook and say "ok let's take from this book today time to implement an entirely new offense this week". Or hey let's pull out the Leach playbook and throw 50 passes. You all wanted something different. I did too. We got it. And our QB can't do it. Sucks. But it's necessary to get better to change that dreadful offense to win a title.

Go find me a QB that's won a natty that was run first. Zero. None. Moorhead's offense is the style we need to win at a higher level. We just don't have the QB with the ability to execute it.

....how many running QB’s do want us to name that have won natty’s because that’s a long list historically. If you want to narrow it down to the last 20 years it shrinks because you have more dual threats that do both but running is a significant part of today’s game and mismatches. Tebow and Cam were pretty good runners

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 06:56 PM

I agree...... Just a few examples. Earlier in the ball game, Thomas was wide open, down the left sideline with nobody within, about 20 yards or more from him, and Fitz never looked Thomas' way, as he was starring down the receiver that he was going to throw too. Of course it was an incomplete pass. That would have probably been a touchdown to Thomas. With just a little touch on the ball, Kylin was open on another play and had a lot of room to run, but the line drive pass was batted down ( no projectory on the ball). Guidry was behind the LSU defense on another play, and the ball was thrown out of bounds.

War Machine Dawg
10-21-2018, 06:56 PM
That it’s only the QB’s fault, the QB the HC is still running out there. You are defending the HC while he is playing the QB you think is completely at fault with our offensive problems. Never mind the biggest difference the from this year and the previous 2 years where the QB performed much better and had good games vs Top 20 passing defenses just a year prior, is the coach. I’m not saying at this point you don’t change QB because the coaching has screwed up that position but there are significant issues beyond the QB that is on the coach. Hope it gets better but the offensive does not have a cohesive game plan and piss poor adjustments

You might as well give it up. You'd have more success arguing with a brick wall. Anyone with a brain can see that Fitz has regressed this year. Fitz may never have been a great passer, but he was serviceable at worst. Now he suddenly can't hit water if he fell out of a boat in the ocean? Bullshit. That's on the coaches. We have to make a change because it's the only thing left to try, but this system isn't going to work in the SEC. Or it won't work with the type of athletes we recruit, at least. It would probably work fantastically well at Bama where they cherry pick the best talent in the nation.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2018, 07:03 PM
1. JoMo should send Saquon 90% of his paycheck...
2. Being successful at Fordham is like being successful at MAIS 8 man football.
3. JoMo is in over his head and we would have the same record if Patrick Mahomes was our QB...
4. Keenums hiring of Cohen could rank up there with the firing of Allyn McKeen as worst MSU Athletic Decisions ever..

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 07:07 PM
You might as well give it up. You'd have more success arguing with a brick wall. Anyone with a brain can see that Fitz has regressed this year. Fitz may never have been a great passer, but he was serviceable at worst. Now he suddenly can't hit water if he fell out of a boat in the ocean? Bullshit. That's on the coaches. We have to make a change because it's the only thing left to try, but this system isn't going to work in the SEC. Or it won't work with the type of athletes we recruit, at least. It would probably work fantastically well at Bama where they cherry pick the best talent in the nation.
The system won?t work because of the speed of the safety?s in the SEC. they can adjust and makes it difficult to read. It?s an offense that?s better suited for northeast or Midwest

The offense we should be running is what Seth Litrell or Neal Brown is running. If we want Mullen lite we should have hired Saterfield

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 07:19 PM
The system won?t work because of the speed of the safety?s in the SEC. they can adjust and makes it difficult to read. It?s an offense that?s better suited for northeast or Midwest

The offense we should be running is what Seth Litrell or Neal Brown is running. If we want Mullen lite we should have hired Saterfield

I don’t know...Brown struggled big time trying to run his stuff at Kentucky, although he was more successful at Texas Tech prior. Leach/Kevin Wilson style offense Litrel runs looks a lot like Sumlin and we have seen that show...not sold

UMCDawg16
10-21-2018, 07:21 PM
Peeps, trying to do a full blown Armchair QB is too depressing for this "coaching" staff. So here are my quick thoughts:

1. We have returned to the Crxxm Error offense. Our D is national championship good, but the offense is maybe FCS quality.

2. Text from a buddy: "I don't know what's more depressing and infuriating: That we've run a top 10 team into the ground or that we've undone the last decade with one hire." Ouch, true story.

3. Fitz was arguably the best QB in the SEC the last 2 years. He hasn't magically forgotten how to play the position or lost his talent. Blaming him is blaming the symptom for the disease. Moorhead has completely broken him. Fitz is a shell of himself right now and is playing like Nick FitzHenig, not Nick Fitzgerald. He needs to sit for a game or two, clear his head, hopefully regain some confidence. I don't believe Key or Moose are better than Fitz, although I'm open to being convinced, but it's the only move left at this point.

4. I have no clue how Moorhead is escaping blame from the media for this shit show on offense. I wanted to throat punch McElroy last night for sucking off Moorhead as an offensive genius. And it's more than just McElroy that are buying the Joe Moorhead Offensive Genius hype.

5. Why the hell can't we run the ball with our running backs? I checked the stats at one point during the 3rd quarter last night and Hill had all of 7 damned carries. Fitz had 17 carries at that point. When we say #RTGDF, we mean run it with all 3 of our weapons, but primarily Hill & Aeris, not just Fitz.

6. The blame game on offense is pointless in general. We all know the real problem is the guy wearing the headset and calling the plays.

7. Why the hell do our running plays take so long to develop on 3rd & short? Does the Offensive Genius not have any quick hitters in his "system"?

8. At one point late in the 4th quarter, only 5 players had touched the ball on offense. That's high school level ball distribution.

9. Prior to our final possession where Fitz got a bunch of garbage yards, he had just 19 yards passing. Embarrassing that a modern college offense has that little aerial production.

10. Moorhead should be fired yesterday. He'll get 3 years because we're Mississippi State and have no balls, but we've got overwhelming evidence at this point. If he can't win with the team he inherited, he'll never win. I don't care who he recruits at QB, that isn't the real problem.

11. Cohen's head should be firmly fixed under the guillotine. If Lemonis is a bomb, then he's 0-3 in major hires. And his football hire, the one you absolutely can't afford to 17 up in the current SEC environment, is going to undo the last decade of progress we made. That's unacceptable. But hey, cheaper concession prices.****

That's how I see it at this point. I know I don't plan on going to another game this season. Maybe homecoming against LA Tech and only to hang out. But until Moorhead and his system leaves Starkville, we're screwed.

I?ll never take any post you make serious again. Terrible take.

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2018, 07:29 PM

How the hell do do you know all that?? You dont. You are just saying that because you dont like Fitz. Having an opinion that KT should play is one thing but saying that he will do everything totally better than Fitz and make better reads more often is you just spewing at the mouth

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 07:30 PM
That it?s only the QB?s fault, the QB the HC is still running out there. You are defending the HC while he is playing the QB you think is completely at fault with our offensive problems. Never mind the biggest difference the from this year and the previous 2 years where the QB performed much better and had good games vs Top 20 passing defenses just a year prior, is the coach. I?m not saying at this point you don?t change QB because the coaching has screwed up that position but there are significant issues beyond the QB that is on the coach. Hope it gets better but the offensive does not have a cohesive game plan and piss poor adjustments

I don't disagree at all that Key should play. All I've said today on that is I understand why he hasn't because of the optics of that situation with Nick being the SEC all-time leading rusher at QB and a potential Heisman contender.

Nick hasn't performed well against top 20 teams as a passer even under Dan. He was barely over 50% against Bama last year.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 07:32 PM
1. JoMo should send Saquon 90% of his paycheck...
2. Being successful at Fordham is like being successful at MAIS 8 man football.
3. JoMo is in over his head and we would have the same record if Patrick Mahomes was our QB...
4. Keenums hiring of Cohen could rank up there with the firing of Allyn McKeen as worst MSU Athletic Decisions ever..

Keenum didn't really have a choice but to hire Cohen. You can thank Stricklin and some younger alumni for Cohen being our AD right now.

MetEdDawg
10-21-2018, 07:32 PM
....how many running QB?s do want us to name that have won natty?s because that?s a long list historically. If you want to narrow it down to the last 20 years it shrinks because you have more dual threats that do both but running is a significant part of today?s game and mismatches. Tebow and Cam were pretty good runners

Last two words of my post make it what it is. Run first. Neither Cam nor Tebow were run first. The only QB we've had that could do it was Dak. There isn't another QB that had enough juice in both the run and the pass to get us there. Running QBs don't win titles. QBs that can run win titles. And Mullen got us that guy one time. I firmly believe we would go 10-2 this year under Mullen and be worse off than if we had Moorhead and go 8-4 or even 7-5. We all said we needed change but now because we aren't winning as much THIS YEAR we want him back? It's so dumb.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 07:35 PM
I agree...... Just a few examples. Earlier in the ball game, Thomas was wide open, down the left sideline with nobody within, about 20 yards or more from him, and Fitz never looked Thomas' way, as he was starring down the receiver that he was going to throw too. Of course it was an incomplete pass. That would have probably been a touchdown to Thomas. With just a little touch on the ball, Kylin was open on another play and had a lot of room to run, but the line drive pass was batted down ( no projectory on the ball). Guidry was behind the LSU defense on another play, and the ball was thrown out of bounds.

Yep. Those were some of the examples I saw as well. Another one was where Thomas was open on a deep corner route and Fitz could have either run had nothing but grass in front of him to run for an easy first down or throw to a wide open Thomas. Fitz badly underthrows the ball into a group of about 2-3 LSU defenders and of course it was picked off.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 07:39 PM
I don't disagree at all that Key should play. All I've said today on that is I understand why he hasn't because of the optics of that situation with Nick being the SEC all-time leading rusher at QB and a potential Heisman contender.

Nick hasn't performed well against top 20 teams as a passer even under Dan. He was barely over 50% against Bama last year.

Well LSU was a top 20 team and he looked good and they were 21st nationally in passing defense. 65% completion against them. And Fitz also has better passing than Clemson and Georgia vs Bama. Very serviceable. Was bad vs Auburn and Georgia earlier in the year. No Fitz is not great, you would have hoped he continued to get better like he did last from his previous season, but this regression is more than just lack of player skill.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 07:41 PM
Last two words of my post make it what it is. Run first. Neither Cam nor Tebow were run first. The only QB we've had that could do it was Dak. There isn't another QB that had enough juice in both the run and the pass to get us there. Running QBs don't win titles. QBs that can run win titles. And Mullen got us that guy one time. I firmly believe we would go 10-2 this year under Mullen and be worse off than if we had Moorhead and go 8-4 or even 7-5. We all said we needed change but now because we aren't winning as much THIS YEAR we want him back? It's so dumb.

It's a vicious cycle. As an aside- it seems to me like some are secretly hoping that Joe fails to get rid of Cohen as AD. I hope those people realize that we can still get rid of Cohen if Joe is successful. There's enough there with the Cann hire and Cohen running his mouth on the radio about hiring a HOF coach and then hiring a guy without Omaha experience plus the cluster17 that is gameday and the video department being subpar with massive cuts to warrant Cohen being on the hot seat in and of itself.

You're right though- in this day and age of football you HAVE TO be able throw the ball effectively to win at a high level. Doesn't need to be Air Raid- but enough to make people respect the threat of it.

MetEdDawg
10-21-2018, 07:47 PM
It's a vicious cycle. As an aside- it seems to me like some are secretly hoping that Joe fails to get rid of Cohen as AD. I hope those people realize that we can still get rid of Cohen if Joe is successful. There's enough there with the Cann hire and Cohen running his mouth on the radio about hiring a HOF coach and then hiring a guy without Omaha experience plus the cluster17 that is gameday and the video department being subpar with massive cuts to warrant Cohen being on the hot seat in and of itself.

You're right though- in this day and age of football you HAVE TO be able throw the ball effectively to win at a high level. Doesn't need to be Air Raid- but enough to make people respect the threat of it.

Exactly. Our fan base is right. Mullen would have made us better this year. But we would never have gotten better than we were. We have 9 years of that to back that up. Moorhead is going to regress. But ultimately his style of offense (not this travesty we are running now) is what we need to get there. I'm stunned people don't realize that.

As far as Cohen goes I think a lot of people are unhappy and I can see why. But unfortunately one of the things we have to deal with right now is that our university does a lot of on the job training because we aren't as good as people think we are. In baseball we are, but we know the big names out of conference didn't want to come here. Cohen is learning on the job. Sucks but he's gonna make mistakes. I'm gonna give Lemonis a chance just like I'm going to give Moorhead a chance. They deserve that because both are coming into situations our university has never had to deal with and that unfortunate for all involved.

But if anyone wants us to fail, they need to GTFO.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 07:50 PM

Cam and Tebow both were right at 50/50 run pass when they won. Run first to me is not just triple option types how have won multiple national titles but there are many historically if you want to go that route. So your statement is not true. In today’s game you have to do both, no question but you don’t have to be Brady either. Vince Young ran for over 1,000 yards when they won the title and his running lead them to the win vs USC

Coach007
10-21-2018, 07:51 PM

The issue is that both QBS have dropped off in this system. Even Key.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 07:54 PM
Well LSU was a top 20 team and he looked good and they were 21st nationally in passing defense. 65% completion against them. And Fitz also has better passing than Clemson and Georgia vs Bama. Very serviceable. Was bad vs Auburn and Georgia earlier in the year. No Fitz is not great, you would have hoped he continued to get better like he did last from his previous season, but this regression is more than just lack of player skill.

The LSU team that we played at home before they were beaten by Troy before they gelled?

Care to take a gander at Fitz's completion percentage against Auburn and Georgia that year? UGA- 14-29 for 83 yards and 2 INT's and then Auburn 13-33 for 157 yards with 1 TD and 2 INT's., Alabama 13-24 for 158, 0 TD's or INT's 46.5% with 1 TD and 4 INT's

That looks pretty similar to: UK- 16-32 for 145 and 1 INT, UF- 11-26 for 98 yards and 0 INT's or TD's, and then LSU 8-24 with 4 INT's. 42.6% with 5 INT's.

bulldawg28
10-21-2018, 07:55 PM

Key has played well in games he's played this year. What are you talking about? And please don't give me the practice bull. You're supposed to try things and see what does and doesn't work during that time. In games he's played well.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2018, 07:59 PM

I've come to the conclusion that Moorhead has to have a highly intelligent QB with instincts, whereas Mullen just wanted athletes and toughness.

Moorhead's system requires pre and post snap reads that KT and Fitz simply are accustomed and possibly not cognitively able to make.

I think things should definitely get better as guys spend more time in this system, but he absolutely was not the right hire to maximize this 2018 team because the offense used to run the chinese system and now run the Arabic system. Problem is the Arabic doesn't know how to speak Chinese when everyone expects him to

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 08:01 PM
I think it's gonna be tough to run his system in the SEC. There is too much speed on the D side every single game. It's not the same as facing OSU once a year.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 08:02 PM
Exactly. Our fan base is right. Mullen would have made us better this year. But we would never have gotten better than we were. We have 9 years of that to back that up. Moorhead is going to regress. But ultimately his style of offense (not this travesty we are running now) is what we need to get there. I'm stunned people don't realize that.

As far as Cohen goes I think a lot of people are unhappy and I can see why. But unfortunately one of the things we have to deal with right now is that our university does a lot of on the job training because we aren't as good as people think we are. In baseball we are, but we know the big names out of conference didn't want to come here. Cohen is learning on the job. Sucks but he's gonna make mistakes. I'm gonna give Lemonis a chance just like I'm going to give Moorhead a chance. They deserve that because both are coming into situations our university has never had to deal with and that unfortunate for all involved.

But if anyone wants us to fail, they need to GTFO.

I agree. Or at the very least don't try to sabotage the other sports programs to make a point. Joe gets next year to prove that he can run his program here- unless he loses to La Tech or Arkansas.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 08:05 PM
The LSU team that we played at home before they were beaten by Troy before they gelled?

Care to take a gander at Fitz's completion percentage against Auburn and Georgia that year? UGA- 14-29 for 83 yards and 2 INT's and then Auburn 13-33 for 157 yards with 1 TD and 2 INT's., Alabama 13-24 for 158, 0 TD's or INT's 46.5% with 1 TD and 4 INT's

That looks pretty similar to: UK- 16-32 for 145 and 1 INT, UF- 11-26 for 98 yards and 0 INT's or TD's, and then LSU 8-24 with 4 INT's. 42.6% with 5 INT's.

Ok ... he played not so good against the SEC W champs (at their place), the SEC champs (at their place), and the National Champs.

Key is 14/34 this year against SFA primarily (at home) ... and the majority of his completions were to wide open receivers who were so wide open they stopped to field the punt he threw to them.

Having said that ... I'm ready to give him a shot. We need to try something else just to see if we can get a positive jolt of some sort.

bulldawg28
10-21-2018, 08:06 PM
I think it's gonna be tough to run his system in the SEC. There is too much speed on the D side every single game. It's not the same as facing OSU once a year.

Bama, Ole miss, and a few others run the RPO offense. However, our QB makes the easiest read which is him keeping the ball because he's comfortable with. The offense doesn't stand a chance to work

Coach007
10-21-2018, 08:06 PM

Yet he had us up by 7 with 9 minutes left in the game and he was 54%

With Bama (national Champion Bama) UP 17-14 this drive late in the 3rd put us up:

1st & 10 at MSST 31

(12:30 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for 4 yds to the MisSt 35
2nd & 6 at MSST 35

(11:50 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for 8 yds to the MisSt 43 for a 1ST down
1st & 10 at MSST 43

(11:10 - 3rd) Aeris Williams run for 7 yds to the 50 yard line
2nd & 3 at 50

(10:25 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald pass complete to Nick Gibson for 9 yds to the Alab 41 for a 1ST down
1st & 10 at ALA 41

(9:50 - 3rd) Nick Gibson run for 4 yds to the Alab 37
2nd & 6 at ALA 37

(9:10 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald pass complete to Aeris Williams for 9 yds to the Alab 28 for a 1ST down
1st & 10 at ALA 28

(8:33 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald pass incomplete to Jamal Couch
2nd & 10 at ALA 28

(8:28 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald pass incomplete to Jesse Jackson
3rd & 10 at ALA 28

(8:20 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for 13 yds to the Alab 15 for a 1ST down
1st & 10 at ALA 15

(7:45 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for 3 yds to the Alab 12
2nd & 7 at ALA 12

(7:00 - 3rd) Aeris Williams run for 9 yds to the Alab 3 for a 1ST down
1st & Goal at ALA 3

(6:40 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for 1 yd to the Alab 2
2nd & Goal at ALA 2

Nick rush... TD

1 drive later....In the 4th Quarter:

1st & 10 at MSST 36

(4:35 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for no gain to the MisSt 36
2nd & 10 at MSST 36

(3:40 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for 2 yds to the MisSt 38
3rd & 8 at MSST 38

(3:05 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald pass complete to Keith Mixon for 20 yds to the Alab 42 for a 1ST down
1st & 10 at ALA 42

(2:20 - 3rd) Aeris Williams run for 3 yds to the Alab 39
2nd & 7 at ALA 39

(1:35 - 3rd) Aeris Williams run for 3 yds to the Alab 36
3rd & 4 at ALA 36

(0:50 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald pass complete to Deddrick Thomas for 25 yds to the Alab 11 for a 1ST down
1st & 10 at ALA 11

(0:00 - 3rd) Aeris Williams run for 2 yds to the Alab 9

End of 3rd Quarter
2nd & 8 at ALA 9

(14:50 - 4th) Nick Fitzgerald run for 1 yd to the Alab 8
3rd & 7 at ALA 8

(14:18 - 4th) Nick Fitzgerald pass incomplete to Jordan Thomas
4th & 7 at ALA 8

(14:13 - 4th) Jace Christmann 25 yd FG GOOD

So let's not act like Nick cost us the Game vs Bama. He didn't.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 08:10 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Moorhead has to have a highly intelligent QB with instincts, whereas Mullen just wanted athletes and toughness.

Moorhead's system requires pre and post snap reads that KT and Fitz simply are accustomed and possibly not cognitively able to make.

I think things should definitely get better as guys spend more time in this system, but he absolutely was not the right hire to maximize this 2018 team because the offense used to run the chinese system and now run the Arabic system. Problem is the Arabic doesn't know how to speak Chinese when everyone expects him to

I agree. I think Dan wanted a QB that could run the ball because that's what he built his offense around. It's very safe and conservative. Most of the throws were safe throws. Hand it off to the running back occasionally to keep teams honest.

Joe's offense is built around the RPO meaning the QB has to make the proper reads to maximize the efficiency of the offense. If you have a QB that can't do that, you're DOA.

The thing is though- Dan's offense rarely worked with Nick against really good teams. If you think about it with Joe so far it hasn't really been any different. It's just that because of the way our schedule is and UK being a lot better than expected we have a lot of the better defenses clumped up around games 4-7 and the worse defenses clumped around games 8-12 and 1-3. With Alabama thrown into the game 8-12 clump being the exception.

There were definitely times where we won games with Dan simply because we were bigger/stronger and it probably didn't matter much if Nick made the wrong read or not. Just like K-State this year.

Homedawg
10-21-2018, 08:11 PM

That's soooo wrong. That's when we call and rpo. Not every play is an rpo. And guess what? Stop ****ing calling them if he keeps adding hem up. Who is that on?? Not Fitz. Now, I'm not defending Fitz by his poor play in any shape form or fashion. But this shit show is first and foremost on moorhead. He calls the damn plays and actually fitz' reading of them is right more often than not based on who he's supposed to read. So again, just a bad post. And wrong.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 08:12 PM
I agree. I think Dan wanted a QB that could run the ball because that's what he built his offense around. It's very safe and conservative. Most of the throws were safe throws. Hand it off to the running back occasionally to keep teams honest.

Joe's offense is built around the RPO meaning the QB has to make the proper reads to maximize the efficiency of the offense. If you have a QB that can't do that, you're DOA.

The thing is though- Dan's offense rarely worked with Nick against really good teams. If you think about it with Joe so far it hasn't really been any different. It's just that because of the way our schedule is and UK being a lot better than expected we have a lot of the better defenses clumped up around games 4-7 and the worse defenses clumped around games 8-12 and 1-3. With Alabama thrown into the game 8-12 clump being the exception.

There were definitely times where we won games with Dan simply because we were bigger/stronger and it probably didn't matter much if Nick made the wrong read or not. Just like K-State this year.

I can guarant damn tee you that we score 25 minimum (in each game) with Dan against the 3 teams we've scored a total of 16 points against.

Coach007
10-21-2018, 08:13 PM
Key has played well in games he's played this year. What are you talking about? And please don't give me the practice bull. You're supposed to try things and see what does and doesn't work during that time. In games he's played well.

Is 41% against Stephen Austin well to you?

It's Stephen Austin..... and 41%.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 08:13 PM
Ok ... he played not so good against the SEC W champs (at their place), the SEC champs (at their place), and the National Champs.

Key is 14/34 this year against SFA primarily (at home) ... and the majority of his completions were to wide open receivers who were so wide open they stopped to field the punt he threw to them.

Having said that ... I'm ready to give him a shot. We need to try something else just to see if we can get a positive jolt of some sort.

And this year he hasn't played well against #4 on the road, #9 at home, and #12 on the road. That's exactly my point.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 08:14 PM

Already said he played bad vs GA and AU. Why is that a debate. And LSU’s passing defense was 21st nationally last year, 30th in Sept (Bama was 25th in Sept), 11th on the road nationally and 24th vs ranked teams (Bama 22nd, Auburn 21, Georgia 26). How bout Kentucky last year? 69% completion and 112 yards rushing. Big difference there.

I’ve never touted Fitz as a great passer but very serviceable and against the 4 ranked opponents last year he was 50.5% and played the national champs the best we have in a decade. And beat LSU badly.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 08:15 PM
Yet he had us up by 7 with 9 minutes left in the game and he was 54%

With Bama (national Champion Bama) UP 17-14 this drive late in the 3rd put us up:

1st & 10 at MSST 31

(12:30 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for 4 yds to the MisSt 35
2nd & 6 at MSST 35

(11:50 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for 8 yds to the MisSt 43 for a 1ST down
1st & 10 at MSST 43

(11:10 - 3rd) Aeris Williams run for 7 yds to the 50 yard line
2nd & 3 at 50

(10:25 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald pass complete to Nick Gibson for 9 yds to the Alab 41 for a 1ST down
1st & 10 at ALA 41

(9:50 - 3rd) Nick Gibson run for 4 yds to the Alab 37
2nd & 6 at ALA 37

(9:10 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald pass complete to Aeris Williams for 9 yds to the Alab 28 for a 1ST down
1st & 10 at ALA 28

(8:33 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald pass incomplete to Jamal Couch
2nd & 10 at ALA 28

(8:28 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald pass incomplete to Jesse Jackson
3rd & 10 at ALA 28

(8:20 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for 13 yds to the Alab 15 for a 1ST down
1st & 10 at ALA 15

(7:45 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for 3 yds to the Alab 12
2nd & 7 at ALA 12

(7:00 - 3rd) Aeris Williams run for 9 yds to the Alab 3 for a 1ST down
1st & Goal at ALA 3

(6:40 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for 1 yd to the Alab 2
2nd & Goal at ALA 2

Nick rush... TD

1 drive later....In the 4th Quarter:

1st & 10 at MSST 36

(4:35 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for no gain to the MisSt 36
2nd & 10 at MSST 36

(3:40 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald run for 2 yds to the MisSt 38
3rd & 8 at MSST 38

(3:05 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald pass complete to Keith Mixon for 20 yds to the Alab 42 for a 1ST down
1st & 10 at ALA 42

(2:20 - 3rd) Aeris Williams run for 3 yds to the Alab 39
2nd & 7 at ALA 39

(1:35 - 3rd) Aeris Williams run for 3 yds to the Alab 36
3rd & 4 at ALA 36

(0:50 - 3rd) Nick Fitzgerald pass complete to Deddrick Thomas for 25 yds to the Alab 11 for a 1ST down
1st & 10 at ALA 11

(0:00 - 3rd) Aeris Williams run for 2 yds to the Alab 9

End of 3rd Quarter
2nd & 8 at ALA 9

(14:50 - 4th) Nick Fitzgerald run for 1 yd to the Alab 8
3rd & 7 at ALA 8

(14:18 - 4th) Nick Fitzgerald pass incomplete to Jordan Thomas
4th & 7 at ALA 8

(14:13 - 4th) Jace Christmann 25 yd FG GOOD

So let's not act like Nick cost us the Game vs Bama. He didn't.

I never said Nick "cost us" the game against Bama. Just that he wasn't much above 50% in that game as a passer which is only slightly higher than his norm.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2018, 08:16 PM

I think it's too early to say that.

There are open WRs on the plays we are running but Fitz is entirely too slow in processing the defense. I think McSorely is really really smart with a high football IQ and that's what made that offense tick. Quick decisions.

dawgday166
And this year he hasn't played well against #4 on the road, #9 at home, and #12 on the road. That's exactly my point.

I'm saying with Dan this team, with Fitz at QB, would've score 25 or better in every game this year so far. I will say Dan might would've gotten caught off guard by KY maybe. But it's a slight maybe we don't score at least 25 there too.

Todd4State
I can guarant damn tee you that we score 25 minimum (in each game) with Dan against the 3 teams we've scored a total of 16 points against.

History doesn't agree with you with Nick running Dan's offense so I don't think you can guarant damn tee that. It shows quite the opposite actually.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 08:19 PM
History doesn't agree with you with Nick running Dan's offense so I don't think you can guarant damn tee that. It shows quite the opposite actually.

These 3 teams aren't the SEC W, SEC, and National Champs. We could've run the ball right down LSU's throat last night if we just run what we did against AU. It would've worked better than against AU.

MetEdDawg
10-21-2018, 08:24 PM
Cam and Tebow both were right at 50/50 run pass when they won. Run first to me is not just triple option types how have won multiple national titles but there are many historically if you want to go that route. So your statement is not true. In today?s game you have to do both, no question but you don?t have to be Brady either. Vince Young ran for over 1,000 yards when they won the title and his running lead them to the win vs USC

So because Fitz threw more passes under Mullen than runs you think he's a pass first QB? Can't help you if that's what you think. Sure the technical definition of run first means they run more than pass but practically that's obviously not what I'm taking about. Run first means they establish themselves and the offense with the run. That is Fitz. It's not Cam or Tebow. Yes they both ran the ball in important spots, but both of them had a hell of lot more passing yards than rushing yards. Fitz does not.

And Vince Young threw for over 3,000 yards that year. We just celebrated Fitz surpassing 3,000 rushing yards for a career. So there's that too.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 08:25 PM
Already said he played bad vs GA and AU. Why is that a debate. And LSU’s passing defense was 21st nationally last year, 30th in Sept (Bama was 25th in Sept), 11th on the road nationally and 24th vs ranked teams (Bama 22nd, Auburn 21, Georgia 26). How bout Kentucky last year? 69% completion and 112 yards rushing. Big difference there.

I’ve never touted Fitz as a great passer but very serviceable and against the 4 ranked opponents last year he was 50.5% and played the national champs the best we have in a decade. And beat LSU badly.

The stats don't show that.

Kentucky has proven week after week that they are MUCH better than they were last year and we played them on the road in a game where they treated us like their Super Bowl. That's the explanation for that. They have a very real chance at a 10 win season.

LSU last year appears to be an outlier-at best. Basically the numbers show that is the ONLY time he has ever played at a high level against that type of opponent.

Going barely 50% with under 150 yards passing against Bama is basically completing 1-2 passes than he normally does against highly ranked opponents.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 08:28 PM
These 3 teams aren't the SEC W, SEC, and National Champs. We could've run the ball right down LSU's throat last night if we just run what we did against AU. It would've worked better than against AU.

Based on what? We tried to run the ball down LSU's throat and after the second drive LSU adjusted. I highly doubt putting the RB in motion and handing the ball off would have yielded more than one TD against that defense in Baton Rouge.

Coach007
10-21-2018, 08:32 PM
The stats don't show that.

Kentucky has proven week after week that they are MUCH better than they were last year and we played them on the road in a game where they treated us like their Super Bowl. That's the explanation for that. They have a very real chance at a 10 win season.

LSU last year appears to be an outlier-at best. Basically the numbers show that is the ONLY time he has ever played at a high level against that type of opponent.

Going barely 50% with under 150 yards passing against Bama is basically completing 1-2 passes than he normally does against highly ranked opponents.

Barely 50%... he was 54% and had us in the lead.

Coach007
10-21-2018, 08:35 PM
Based on what? We tried to run the ball down LSU's throat and after the second drive LSU adjusted. I highly doubt putting the RB in motion and handing the ball off would have yielded more than one TD against that defense in Baton Rouge.

A pass isn't a pass and a run isn't run. In other words, it's HOW you run and HOW you pass it. You are trying to say every scheme is the same and all passes are the same and all runs are the same. They are not.

We ran motion zone reads against Auburn and power against LSU. 2 ENTIRELY different run styles and blocking schemes!

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 08:35 PM
So because Fitz threw more passes under Mullen than runs you think he's a pass first QB? Can't help you if that's what you think. Sure the technical definition of run first means they run more than pass but practically that's obviously not what I'm taking about. Run first means they establish themselves and the offense with the run. That is Fitz. It's not Cam or Tebow. Yes they both ran the ball in important spots, but both of them had a hell of lot more passing yards than rushing yards. Fitz does not.

And Vince Young threw for over 3,000 yards that year. We just celebrated Fitz surpassing 3,000 rushing yards for a career. So there's that too.

Where the crap did I say that? No where did I say anything about what Fitz is and yes he is a run first QB. That’s an absurd take. You asked if there has been a run first QB ever win a natty. Well historically you would have to say yes, many. If you want to narrow the time frame then you can make a case that is dual threat guys who are balanced but their threat to run for significant attempts would make them running QB’s. You need to clarify what you are calling run first.

Yards are irrelevant. Of course Young three for more yards, that’s has nothing to do with attempts or the fact passing yards will eclipse rushing yards. But if you have specifically scheme for them rushing the ball for a significant attempts, then you have a dual threat guy. And you think Cam, especially early in the year establishing himself wasn’t run first, then I can’t help you. I would bet he had more games with more rushes than passes in 2010. I know there were multiple games with over 20 rushing attempts and less passing attempts. Same with Tebow, when he was a freshman he was specifically a running QB and won the title as a contributor but not full starter. But that established him as a running QB

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 08:45 PM

We never made LSU defend width of field like we made AU do. The few times we did, we gained 8, 9 or more yds. We just didn't do it that much at all. Go rewatch and rewind the tape. Most all the QB runs were designed that way.

When you rewatch, pay attention to Oline being confused a good bit too.

lastmajordog
10-21-2018, 09:27 PM
"All of you that want Mullen back are extremely short sighted and it's embarrassing that you can't see that. Give everything we have for one season and pray Mullen bucks his own trend. He put it all together once in 9 years and still managed to shut the bed in the biggest moment that year.”

Yes he did, and I’ll never forget it. A NATTY was in his hands and ooooppsseed (premature) .....he HAD A NATTY IN (OUR) hands...think about it......and he FOLDED....I will never forget that.....then he wanted to leave with ANOTHER possible NATTY in his hands.....Think about that.....

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 10:33 PM
We never made LSU defend width of field like we made AU do. The few times we did, we gained 8, 9 or more yds. We just didn't do it that much at all. Go rewatch and rewind the tape. Most all the QB runs were designed that way.

When you rewatch, pay attention to Oline being confused a good bit too.

It would have helped if our QB would have thrown to the wide open receivers outside the hashes more.**

bulldawg28
10-22-2018, 01:13 AM
Is 41% against Stephen Austin well to you?

It's Stephen Austin..... and 41%.

What type of logic are you using? Do they score? Do they move the ball? Do they commit turnovers? Ultimately, do they win games? Those are the measurements of a successful offense. However, since you want to be a statistician let's look at the two Qb's numbers.

Passing
R. Player Cmp. Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Nick Fitzgera. 69 147 46.9 768. 5.2 3.6 4 7 90.3

Keytaon Tho 15 34 44.1 397 11.7 13.3 5 1 184.8

Thompson has thrown more TD's passes in 1 game than Fitz has in 7. As a matter of fact he's done more in his body of work in 1 game than Fitz the entire year. Maybe Fitz can be our 1st team running back. He sure isn't a successful Qb.

dawgday166
10-22-2018, 07:54 AM
What type of logic are you using? Do they score? Do they move the ball? Do they commit turnovers? Ultimately, do they win games? Those are the measurements of a successful offense. However, since you want to be a statistician let's look at the two Qb's numbers.

Passing
R. Player Cmp. Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Nick Fitzgera. 69 147 46.9 768. 5.2 3.6 4 7 90.3

Keytaon Tho 15 34 44.1 397 11.7 13.3 5 1 184.8

Thompson has thrown more TD's passes in 1 game than Fitz has in 7. As a matter of fact he's done more in his body of work in 1 game than Fitz the entire year. Maybe Fitz can be our 1st team running back. He sure isn't a successful Qb.

Are you serious??? Did you watch the SFA game with wide open receivers standing, not running in stride, to catch lobbed up passes with no one within 20 yds of them. Key's QBR is based solely on yds/catch and TDs. A more accurate comparison would be Fitz vs ULL and Key vs SFA, but that isn't really accurate either.

S.E.C.FAN 2018
10-22-2018, 10:59 AM

FITZ is a great runner no doubt, but saying he was arguably the best qb in the league is a far stretch. He has neve been a decent passer and to be considered one of the best you have to b able to throw the ball. One more comment if Fitz continues carrying the Ball 25-30 times a game he will not finish the season without injury.

Lord McBuckethead
10-22-2018, 11:33 AM

When it is clicking, the offense will neutralize the speed because they will keep them guessing every play. Key needs to start. Its that simple. I am glad Fitz got the record, now time to get this team on track. Fitz isn't going to lead us there. Moorhead will. Got to give the guy time. He is trying to dumb the system down so much, it isn't going to work. He has to dumb it down because the WRs and Fitz can't get it together. Also, when you have a bad ass at RB, try giving him the ball. Just treat Hill as Saquon. That should be pretty easy.

bulldawg28
10-22-2018, 11:43 AM
Are you serious??? Did you watch the SFA game with wide open receivers standing, not running in stride, to catch lobbed up passes with no one within 20 yds of them. Key's QBR is based solely on yds/catch and TDs. A more accurate comparison would be Fitz vs ULL and Key vs SFA, but that isn't really accurate either.

I'm dead serious he's at least locating WR's and getting them the ball.

dawgday166
10-22-2018, 11:47 AM
I'm dead serious he's at least locating WR's and getting them the ball.

You right. Same difference locating receivers with no pressure whatsoever on you and locating them with SEC LBs and DEs fixin to level your ass ****

bulldawg28
10-22-2018, 04:17 PM
You right. Same difference locating receivers with no pressure whatsoever on you and locating them with SEC LBs and DEs fixin to level your ass ****

He's going against the best defense in practice. I'm sure he'll be ready.
No **** needed

KOdawg1
10-22-2018, 04:33 PM
Some of ya'll are looking too deep into Keytaon's completion % vs SFA. Who gives a shit? It's one friggin game. We've seen several games from Fitz and he continously shows us he sucks. At least with Key, there's a sense of the unknown and the possibility that he can create a spark on offense. He may not. He may suck too. Or maybe all QBs will suck under Moorhead. But some of you get uncomfortable and too emotional in the idea that we're calling to bench a 5th year senior. The guy just doesn't have it. Doesn't mean I don't like him or appreciate what he's done for us. But it's time for a change. Either at the QB or head coaching position

Really Clark?
10-22-2018, 05:13 PM
Some of ya'll are looking too deep into Keytaon's completion % vs SFA. Who gives a shit? It's one friggin game. We've seen several games from Fitz and he continously shows us he sucks. At least with Key, there's a sense of the unknown and the possibility that he can create a spark on offense. He may not. He may suck too. Or maybe all QBs will suck under Moorhead. But some of you get uncomfortable and too emotional in the idea that we're calling to bench a 5th year senior. The guy just doesn't have it. Doesn't mean I don't like him or appreciate what he's done for us. But it's time for a change. Either at the QB or head coaching position

It?s not just one game. He is 46.3% for his career. Granted I would have made a change to spark something but 42% against SFA is not good with a couple of long passes that were completed quite possible would be picks in SEC play. Very under thrown. Hope he can ignite something or something clicks with Fitz but why did the coach not build off the scheme and calls that did work vs Auburn during our 2 weeks? Questionable

lastmajordog
10-22-2018, 06:04 PM
I don’t know if this has been addressed but is Kylin Hill ok, haven’t seen any info on his injury sat night.

parabrave
10-22-2018, 08:17 PM
I don’t know if this has been addressed but is Kylin Hill ok, haven’t seen any info on his injury sat night.

Speculation from SR is a Hammy. Jomo said in his pressor that he sustained an injury in the 3rd thus not getting anymore carries.