PDA

View Full Version : Fitz - "not a bash on you"

Lord McBuckethead
10-21-2018, 02:34 PM
Everyone is discussing two things last night and today. 1.
Fitz looks totally lost in both the running game, reading the defense, executing the plays, and leading the team. One thing I would like to make perfectly clear, this is not all on Fitz. Everyone on this board supports Fitz 100%. We do, even while supporting him, can have a critical discussion about where our team is, where we want to be, and making a change could serve us better down the road. This season is over. We cannot reach a single goal we set out to reach. Only thing left is to gain momentum for next year. It is time for Fitz to turn this over to KT. KT cannot do worse than 8/24 59 yards 4 ints. He simply could not. So love Fitz, but it is time. I don't even care if we lose the next 5 games. Fitz has had 30 games to gain experience. It's time for KT to get 5 games in a row to see what we have.

2nd, Moorheads performance. Total head scratcher. His system has contingencies for everything, yet we cannot figure out how to slow down a DE that is owning our LT, cannot figure out they are keying on Fitz running the ball every down, cannot figure out that sometimes your offensive line needs to know they are run blocking instead of RPO blocking, cannot figure out how to run a simple route that allows 2 yards separation and to time the throw to get it there at the correct time. Moorhead has squandered the entire 2018 season through terrible play management. He actually said after the KY team that the DE was destroying everything we were trying to do. No adjustment to help. Yesterday he said he never thought about KT as a spark for the offense. You 17n kidding me. Every God Damned person watching thought of that in the first 17n half. My Bro-in-Law who is a Bamer texted during the second quarter saying he bets we put out 2nd string guy in. Note: he has not watched a single one of our games this year and he thought of it. Moorhead, you get 17n paid to think of that shit.

All of that to say, Fitz love you man, and it is not your fault, but it is time to turn it over to KT. Let see what the kid has with the last 5 games.

Moorhead literally gets one more shot. Either coach the 17n team or go on back to PSU. I don't want any excuses. WR cannot catch, 17n teach them how to get open or hand Giudry the ball in a jet sweep. QB can't throw, that's on you. KT threw 69 TDs his senior year of high school. Get the shit figured out and tell the kid to go ball out. Looks like all our WR, RB, QBs and TE are all a bunch of pussies. You want to be the best, well go make 17n plays. It's as easy as that. UM receivers run routes quickly and expect to get the ball. Mitchel didn't even turn to look for the quick outlet on 3rd and 6 and a blitz. Show some 17n game awareness.

All in all, Moorhead and staff is 17n this up. Fitz is thoroughly confused, and everyone is playing on offense like a bunch of hesitant pussies. That is all.

chef dixon
10-21-2018, 02:40 PM
Whats unreal to me is that it took this performance for most of you to realize Fitz sucks, and people are still framing it as not his fault in every way they possible.

Receivers were open. Go watch the replay. Moorhead tried to run the ball like everyone wants, but Fitz can't execute a single pass play.

Dawgology
10-21-2018, 02:51 PM
Whats unreal to me is that it took this performance for most of you to realize Fitz sucks, and people are still framing it as not his fault in every way they possible.

Receivers were open. Go watch the replay. Moorhead tried to run the ball like everyone wants, but Fitz can't execute a single pass play.

Yes and no. Fitz has missed some reads but it is blatantly obvious that he is totally confused by this offensive scheme. So why keep doing it? That’s because it’s all our HC/OC knows. So, yeah, it’s Fitz’s fault that he’s not the type of QB that JoMo needs for his offensive scheme. But it’s JoMo’s fault for trying to get him to do something that he’s just not cut out to do...and he KEEPS trying to do it. Furthermore, he’s not utilizing the rb’s or the te’s for AnYTHiNg. So every defender can key in on Fitz (especially with an empty backfield). Not even Manziel could do anything in a scheme like that.

It’s kind of like putting a Monster Truck in a drag race and being pissed that the monster truck lost. You play to your talents strength if you want to win. Our HC just isn’t doing that.

Lord McBuckethead
10-21-2018, 02:58 PM
Our RBs had only 14 carries to Fitz 23.

Dawgology
10-21-2018, 03:00 PM

Exactly. That’s inexcusable

Activated Alpha
10-21-2018, 03:27 PM
When the refs helped Moorhead out and told Fitz to go sit on the bench, what did Moorhead do the very next play? Yep trot Fitz out there so he can throw another INT

TXDawg
10-21-2018, 03:45 PM

And that’s on Fitz, not Moorhead. Very few of Fitz’s carries were designed QB runs.

Coach007
10-21-2018, 07:49 PM

:rolleyes:

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 07:59 PM
And that’s on Fitz, not Moorhead. Very few of Fitz’s carries were designed QB runs.

Most of them were last night. I rewatched the game twice. When the WRs are blocking and he's not faking to a RB ... it's a designed run for himself. And it happened over and over last night. There were a few, say 5 to 7 that may not have been the case, but the vast majority were designed QB runs.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 08:01 PM

The coach is charge of the play calls, they don’t all have to be options and he can tell the QB that he will give it up the RB’s as well. He gave the ball to Aeris (236) and Kylin (78) 314 times last year vs 162 carriers for himself. Didn’t have an issue last year giving it to the backs.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 08:08 PM
The coach is charge of the play calls, they don’t all have to be options and he can tell the QB that he will give it up the RB’s as well. He gave the ball to Aeris (236) and Kylin (78) 314 times last year vs 162 carriers for himself. Didn’t have an issue last year giving it to the backs.

Most of Fitz runs last night were designed for him to run it. I rewatched game twice and rewound it up many times. When WRs are blocking and there is no fake to the back (if one was in backfield), then I think it is safe to assume it's a designed run for QB. And there were several check into coming from the sidelines too.