PDA

View Full Version : Record next year with Shrader as QB

Quaoarsking
10-21-2018, 01:50 PM
It's impossible to predict how good he'll be, but assuming he's not a bust and can run the offense somewhat competently:

Louisiana - WIN
Southern Miss - WIN
Kansas State - WIN?
Kentucky - WIN?
@Auburn - LOSS
@Tennessee - LOSS?
LSU - LOSS
@Texas A&M - LOSS?
@Arkansas - WIN?
Alabama - LOSS
Abilene Christian - WIN
Ole Miss - WIN?

I predict 7-5, but anywhere from 3-9 to 9-3 would possible, depending on how good Shrader actually is. True freshmen QBs have been successful in the SEC this decade, so this wouldn't be unprecedented.

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 01:55 PM
Schrader has to have a good QB IQ in Joe's offense. Joe's really high on him so I take it Schrader's a smart guy. Joe wants his QB to be an extension of him on the field knowing the offense as well as he does. I think he's set on Schrader being his guy next year.

jackindabox
10-21-2018, 01:58 PM
Keyton Drob a bomb son thompson is the man going foward

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 02:00 PM
This a troll thread? Key is our QB next year.

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 02:00 PM
Keyton Drob a bomb son thompson is the man going foward

I doubt it.

Quaoarsking
10-21-2018, 02:01 PM

You can give your game-by-game predictions with Key as the QB if you want.

Pit Bull
10-21-2018, 02:03 PM
I don't see him any more or any less talented than Keyteon Thompson or Jalen Mayden. So you could put any of the 3 QBs coming in next year to that mix. And if we were to tank bad this year.....I don't think Shraeder will be a lock to sign with us. He will likely entertain some better options than with a coach who was handed a surefire 9-10 win season and only goes 6-6 or 7-5.

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 02:03 PM

Then he should be playing right now. We're wasting a year of progression on a 5th year senior that can't do it.

Coursesuper
10-21-2018, 02:06 PM
5-7 with an outside shot at 4-8. It really doesn't matter who is at QB because it won't matter. We lose A Lot on both sides of the ball. We will be very weak up the middle on both sides of the ball and our depth will be very young.

Quaoarsking
I don't see him any more or any less talented than Keyteon Thompson or Jalen Mayden. So you could put any of the 3 QBs coming in next year to that mix. And if we were to tank bad this year.....I don't think Shraeder will be a lock to sign with us. He will likely entertain some better options than with a coach who was handed a surefire 9-10 win season and only goes 6-6 or 7-5.

I disagree. The fact that he can be a starter from 2019-2022 makes him more likely to sign with us.

Of course, it would be great if KT or Mayden can come in and lead us to an 8-4 finish, and I hope it happens. But if anything would make Shrader less likely to sign, it's that, not us underachieving and proving to him that he can start for us next year.

NWADAWG
Schrader has to have a good QB IQ in Joe's offense. Joe's really high on him so I take it Schrader's a smart guy. Joe wants his QB to be an extension of him on the field knowing the offense as well as he does. I think he's set on Schrader being his guy next year.

I insinuated that Shrader would be the guy next year a month or so ago on one of the boards and most seemed to think at the time that I was foolish. I've thought for a while now that Shrader will be our QB next year. And I think that is part of JoMos sales pitch to Cohen. The next year I'll have my guy line.

I also think that's why KT isn't getting any snaps at all. We're not building, we're waiting. Not sure what this means for Mayden.

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 02:11 PM
Then he should be playing right now. We're wasting a year of progression on a 5th year senior that can't do it.

Totally agree. I can't make Moorhead grow stones and stop making pee wee football decisions though.

cheewgumm
10-21-2018, 02:12 PM
3-9... maybe 4-8

Quaoarsking
10-21-2018, 02:13 PM
I insinuated that Shrader would be the guy next year a month or so ago on one of the boards and most seemed to think at the time that I was foolish. I've thought for a while now that Shrader will be our QB next year. And I think that is part of JoMos sales pitch to Cohen. The next year I'll have my guy line.

I also think that's why KT isn't getting any snaps at all. We're not building, we're waiting. Not sure what this means for Mayden.

Props. I didn't believe it, but now I do. Joe's going to want to play a guy who can run his offense. If Mayden or KT can pick it up in the next 10 months, great, but I would bet on Shrader starting next year.

If Shrader's a bust, Moorhead won't be coaching us in 2021. But if he shows competence next year, we should be able to get good offensive players to commit and sign and maybe Moorhead will be good for us in the long run after all.

Quaoarsking
10-21-2018, 02:13 PM
3-9... maybe 4-8

But which 8-9 games do you have us losing? When you actually look at the schedule, that prediction doesn't seem very realistic.

Homedawg
10-21-2018, 02:14 PM
It's impossible to predict how good he'll be, but assuming he's not a bust and can run the offense somewhat competently:

Louisiana - WIN
Southern Miss - WIN
Kansas State - WIN?
Kentucky - WIN?
@Auburn - LOSS
@Tennessee - LOSS?
LSU - LOSS
@Texas A&M - LOSS?
@Arkansas - WIN?
Alabama - LOSS
Abilene Christian - WIN
Ole Miss - WIN?

I predict 7-5, but anywhere from 3-9 to 9-3 would possible, depending on how good Shrader actually is. True freshmen QBs have been successful in the SEC this decade, so this wouldn't be unprecedented.

No way in hell we win 7 games w a tr fr qb and a depleted defense. We will fire jomo after next year and start a new........again

Commercecomet24
10-21-2018, 02:14 PM
Props. I didn't believe it, but now I do. Joe's going to want to play a guy who can run his offense. If Mayden or KT can pick it up in the next 10 months, great, but I would bet on Shrader starting next year.

If Shrader's a bust, Moorhead won't be coaching us in 2021. But if he shows competence next year, we should be able to get good offensive players to commit and sign and maybe Moorhead will be good for us in the long run after all.

This is kinda where I'm at right now. Good points.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 02:16 PM
No way in hell we win 7 games w a tr fr qb and a depleted defense. We will fire jomo after next year and start a new........again

I'm with you.

Coursesuper
10-21-2018, 02:20 PM

And you are correct sir. All these guys talking about a QB next year are missing the forest for the trees. It just doesn't matter.

Goldendawg
10-21-2018, 02:45 PM

Has KT played in too many games to redshirt this year? I expect many of our players to transfer after this continuous train wreak into a dumpster fire.

MaroonFlounder
10-21-2018, 02:53 PM
Has KT played in too many games to redshirt this year? I expect many of our players to transfer after this continuous train wreak into a dumpster fire.

Kylin is thinking about it. I hope we will somehow get him bought back in.

Dawgology
10-21-2018, 02:56 PM
uisiana - WIN
Southern Miss - WIN
Kansas State - LOSS
Kentucky - LOSS
@Auburn - LOSS
@Tennessee - LOSS?
LSU - LOSS
@Texas A&M - LOSS?
@Arkansas - LOSS
Alabama - LOSS
Abilene Christian - WIN
Ole Miss - WIN?

4 win season maybe 5 if we can handle Kansas State but I doubt it.

MaroonFlounder
10-21-2018, 02:57 PM
Schrader has some work to do in the weight room. Probably needs a redshirt year, but may not can afford to hold him out.

Dawgology
10-21-2018, 02:58 PM

We will lose the majority of the talent on our defense and I expect us to be lucky to hold on to Guidry, Whop, and Kylin. JoMo has Lille’s this program in 7 games. Sucks to make a really bad hire and dismantle a decade of building. Cohen should be fired right along with JoMo

Saltydog
10-21-2018, 02:59 PM
NT

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2018, 03:35 PM
5-7

lastmajordog
10-21-2018, 04:13 PM
With def studs gone.........well.....it is time for Halloween horror dreams right??

defiantdog
10-21-2018, 04:38 PM
With def studs gone.........well.....it is time for Halloween horror dreams right??

Fletcher Adams, Brian Cole, Chauncey Rivers, Aaron Brule, Leo Lewis, Erroll Thompson, Willie Gay, Marquiss Spencer, Kobe Jones, Aaron Odom, Jaden Crumedy, Fabian Lovett, James Jackson, Cameron Young, Lee Autry, Maurice Smitherman, Jaylon Reed, Tyler Williams, Cam Dantzler, and Marcus Murphy all disagree with you.

MarketingBully
10-21-2018, 04:39 PM
NT

I’m with you Saltydog. Why the hell would Kylin transfer when he will be the feature back? Why are so many idiots predicting a ton of transfers? You guys are just bitching to bitch at this point.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2018, 04:49 PM
Fletcher Adams, Brian Cole, Chauncey Rivers, Aaron Brule, Leo Lewis, Erroll Thompson, Willie Gay, Marquiss Spencer, Kobe Jones, Aaron Odom, Jaden Crumedy, Fabian Lovett, James Jackson, Cameron Young, Lee Autry, Maurice Smitherman, Jaylon Reed, Tyler Williams, Cam Dantzler, and Marcus Murphy all disagree with you.

Yeah the cupboard is bare*******

Coach007
10-21-2018, 04:53 PM

No... he won't.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 05:35 PM
Really depends on if the QB can run the offense or not.

Hopefully either Key or Mayden can run it or Shrader becomes Joe's John Bond 1980.

BeardoMSU
10-21-2018, 06:00 PM

WTF are you talking about?

MarketingBully
10-21-2018, 06:07 PM
WTF are you talking about?

People are idiots that’s all I have to say. This place has been unbearable since we lost to Kentucky.

I_Spy
10-21-2018, 06:08 PM
Shrader may be our QB but who is gonna coach, is what I want to know?? Everyone believes we have time to ‘wait for it to happen, or rebuild, when most of us are drunk and in bed early now. Too tired to hang. I say bring in Les Mikes, he’s fun, he’s more exciting than Dan and he can can get it done. I know it’s not popular but that’s how I see things.

Thank goodness basketball is coming...

Pit Bull
10-21-2018, 07:10 PM
IMO, if JoMo instantly proclaims Schraeder as his QB next year w/o giving the other 2 a decent shot, we will see exactly what LSU saw when O proclaimed Burrow as his guy. KT and Mayden will transfer immediately and set back our QB depth 5-6 years. Schraeder will only have a couple walk ons backing him up.....which puts us right back behind the 8 ball if Schraeder ends up lost to injury.

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 07:17 PM
IMO, if JoMo instantly proclaims Schraeder as his QB next year w/o giving the other 2 a decent shot, we will see exactly what LSU saw when O proclaimed Burrow as his guy. KT and Mayden will transfer immediately and set back our QB depth 5-6 years. Schraeder will only have a couple walk ons backing him up.....which puts us right back behind the 8 ball if Schraeder ends up lost to injury.

If Schrader starts day 1 Moorhead is the biggest dumbass in the entire state.