PDA

View Full Version : The Game Was Actually Over In The First Quarter...........

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 01:36 PM
after we moved the ball down the field and had to settle for the field goal. I don't know if Fitz checked off on his running attempts to score or if Joe Mo did, but , whatever, it didn't fool the LSU defense at all. So it ended up looking like stupid play calls. After that drive, then Aranda made adjustments and our game was over as for as our offensive plan went. It's really not hard to make adjustments on our offense when a good or elite defensive coordinator knows we can't throw the football with in accuracy at all. It's pretty pathetic that a P5 team has no resembalance of any passing attack against a good defense. Oh, there is plenty of blame to go around concerning our basically non-existent passing game, but we are trying to make a quarterback into a passing quarterback who wasn't even an adequate passer in high school in his limited passing attempts. I think the reason Fitz did somewhat better in the DM offense, in passing, was that he felt more relaxed and confident, and didn't have as many read options, which makes him try to think more than react. Even, on one of those fourth down quarterback run calls, he seemed to hesitate for a few seconds and that gave the LSU defender time to react and shut it down. Maybe that was the way the play was designed to be, but if it had been last year, he would have powered ahead with no hesitation, and probably have gotten the first down. I hope KT doesn't get discouraged, and leave after this year, but I would like to see him at least get some playing time going forward this season. Putting him in for one play only, after the targeting call, with the cluster fest circus offense we had shown priot to, was pathetic in my opinion.

lastmajordog
10-21-2018, 04:20 PM
after we moved the ball down the field and had to settle for the field goal. I don't know if Fitz checked off on his running attempts to score or if Joe Mo did, but , whatever, it didn't fool the LSU defense at all. So it ended up looking like stupid play calls. After that drive, then Aranda made adjustments and our game was over as for as our offensive plan went. It's really not hard to make adjustments on our offense when a good or elite defensive coordinator knows we can't throw the football with in accuracy at all. It's pretty pathetic that a P5 team has no resembalance of any passing attack against a good defense. Oh, there is plenty of blame to go around concerning our basically non-existent passing game, but we are trying to make a quarterback into a passing quarterback who wasn't even an adequate passer in high school in his limited passing attempts. I think the reason Fitz did somewhat better in the DM offense, in passing, was that he felt more relaxed and confident, and didn't have as many read options, which makes him try to think more than react. Even, on one of those fourth down quarterback run calls, he seemed to hesitate for a few seconds and that gave the LSU defender time to react and shut it down. Maybe that was the way the play was designed to be, but if it had been last year, he would have powered ahead with no hesitation, and probably have gotten the first down. I hope KT doesn't get discouraged, and leave after this year, but I would like to see him at least get some playing time going forward this season. Putting him in for one play only, after the targeting call, with the cluster fest circus offense we had shown priot to, was pathetic in my opinion.

I’m old....very old and I don’t remember a Coach screw up a team this badly since maybe Bellard when he went 7-4 with a stud laden team.......