PDA

View Full Version : My two cents.....

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2018, 12:28 PM
My biggest question about Moorhead and the team coming in was did we have the receivers and quarterback to run his system. I think the answer to that has to be no. That system is dependent on making the right reads and executing the RPO on virtually every play. The main problem we are having is we can not execute the P options that we are using. It's been there in every game, but against decent defenses we can't hit it with any consistency. The whole system breaks down because of that. You have to be able to pass it enough to keep the defense honest. What we are going to see from here on is people stacking the box. Moorhead has got to find something where the P option is something we can do. What we can execute there is short to medium range passes where the receiver is facing the QB. The passes have to straight line shots that do not involve touch passing in any form. Hopefully we can find something.

starkvegasdawg
10-21-2018, 12:45 PM
My biggest question about Moorhead and the team coming in was did we have the receivers and quarterback to run his system. I think the answer to that has to be no. That system is dependent on making the right reads and executing the RPO on virtually every play. The main problem we are having is we can not execute the P options that we are using. It's been there in every game, but against decent defenses we can't hit it with any consistency. The whole system breaks down because of that. You have to be able to pass it enough to keep the defense honest. What we are going to see from here on is people stacking the box. Moorhead has got to find something where the P option is something we can do. What we can execute there is short to medium range passes where the receiver is facing the QB. The passes have to straight line shots that do not involve touch passing in any form. Hopefully we can find something.

If we haven't found anything in spring practice, fall practice, and 2/3 of the season, I doubt there is anything to find.

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 12:55 PM
If we haven't found anything in spring practice, fall practice, and 2/3 of the season, I doubt there is anything to find.

If Moorhead's offense isn't clicking by now then it won't. SEC defenses are too fast and athletic for his version of the rpo.

Quaoarsking
10-21-2018, 01:38 PM
Moorhead's career is in the hands of Shrader. Hope he's not a bust.

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 01:45 PM
If Moorhead's offense isn't clicking by now then it won't. SEC defenses are too fast and athletic for his version of the rpo.

I think JoeMo has finally realized that the Big 10 pass coverages aren't anything near to what he has experienced in his SEC games so far.