PDA

View Full Version : I know Fitz has looked terrible passing.

tcdog70
10-21-2018, 11:22 AM
But you would think with our run heavy offense we would have WRs running wide open. I never see any WRs open. Fitz has been in the past been able to throw some. Our passing scheme this year just sucks. It just doesn't make sense to not throw quick passes to your running backs and tight ends. They are actually the best we have at catching the ball. I wouldn't care if we ran it every down and never punt. If we don't throw it a single time last night we might have won. Interceptions were the dagger to our heart.

I wouldn't mind us trying 2 backs in the backfield . And use a lot of motion.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 11:24 AM
I've rewatched 2 games now ... FL & LSU. I too am wondering where these wide open WRs on every play are. There usually are about 4 to 6 or so times in a game that there is one Fitz doesn't see or go to, but most plays there aren't any wide open WRs.

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 12:03 PM
To get those elite wide receivers we all want. we are going to have to show any potential recruits that we can get them the ball (which all want), and we have the coaching so they can go to and reach their maximum potential at the next level. So far this season we have graded a F on that. There is plenty of blame to go around on our inept passing offense, or even a no passing offense, against good defensive coordinators, but the quarterback position is definitely one of them

chef dixon
10-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Are you blind? They showed at least 3 different plays where Fitz missed just wide open receivers either by just not looking in their direction or just a complete dud of a throw.

The play where he came back in after the target and threw a pic with Thomas streaking wide open was inexcusable.

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 12:38 PM
Are you blind? They showed at least 3 different plays where Fitz missed just wide open receivers either by just not looking in their direction or just a complete dud of a throw.

The play where he came back in after the target and threw a pic with Thomas streaking wide open was inexcusable.

Thomas was wide open on a play, earlier in the game too (could have possibly scored), and Fitz was fixed on one receiver and threw it in traffic and of course it was an incomplete pass.

MrKotter
10-21-2018, 12:42 PM
I don?t know what game some of you watch. WRs are open plenty. Fitz doesn?t seem them.

MarketingBully
10-21-2018, 12:44 PM
Thomas was wide open on a play, earlier in the game too (could have possibly scored), and Fitz was fixed on one receiver and threw it in traffic and of course it was an incomplete pass.

There were at least three plays in the game two to Thomas and one to Guidry where if he just makes the throw we win 24-19 because those three plays are TDs.

Leroy Jenkins
10-21-2018, 12:45 PM
Passing game is so bad that every time the ball is in the air I'm hoping that its just an incompletion and not a pick.

MarketingBully
10-21-2018, 12:52 PM
Passing game is so bad that every time the ball is in the air I'm hoping that its just an incompletion and not a pick.

Moorhead had to tell a fifth year senior if nothing is there it’s okay to throw it away. Let that sink in.