PDA

View Full Version : Should we have just hired an interim for 2018

Cowbell
10-21-2018, 11:11 AM
With this team so stacked, knowing we wouldn?t need radical changes. Hiring a coach like Knox from within.

Saltydog
10-21-2018, 12:07 PM
Nt

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2018, 12:10 PM
Not necessarily an Interim, but we should have hired someone that wouldn’t have tried to reinvent the wheel in year one...

Leroy Jenkins
10-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Hud will probably be the interim next year.

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 12:17 PM
No we should have hired the best man for the job. Cohn tried to outsmart everyone. We could have hired a sitting HC from a group of 5. We were a desired job with a loaded ready to win roster. A Neal Brown or like could have looked at our job and said if win I too can get a bigger job or stay and win. Joe had no business being on our list. Never coached outside of the northeast. It was an awkward hire day one.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 12:23 PM
No we should have hired the best man for the job. Cohn tried to outsmart everyone. We could have hired a sitting HC from a group of 5. We were a desired job with a loaded ready to win roster. A Neal Brown or like could have looked at our job and said if win I too can get a bigger job or stay and win. Joe had no business being on our list. Never coached outside of the northeast. It was an awkward hire day one.

Saban to LSU made no more sense from geography stand point. Meyer to FL? Where a coach is from gets overblown. Not saying that there MAY have been a better choice but at the time it was considered a very good hire. And coordinators from bigger programs usually perform a little better than G5 coaches. It’s a crap shoot

Pit Bull
10-21-2018, 02:27 PM
With this team so stacked, knowing we wouldn?t need radical changes. Hiring a coach like Knox from within.

Could have brought Croom & McCorvey back and done just as well if not better.

Dawgology
10-21-2018, 02:40 PM

Yes. With Knox as head coach this year we are at worst 6-1

preachermatt83
10-21-2018, 02:41 PM
Should have hired Grantham

War Machine Dawg
10-21-2018, 02:52 PM
Chad Morris. That is all.

Dallas_Dawg
10-21-2018, 02:53 PM
Whoever App state or Buffalo's coaches are, they need to be on our radar

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 04:15 PM
Should have hired Grantham

Yep. I had no idea he was interested until someone brought it up. With his NFL/SEC experience over the last twenty years it should have been a no brainer. I can see him being a lot like O as a head coach.

Mobile Bay
10-21-2018, 04:33 PM
Could have brought Croom & McCorvey back and done just as well if not better.

With who we have Croom's offense would have worked a whole lot better than what Dickhead is running.