PDA

View Full Version : Felipe Franks

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 09:27 AM
All the FL faithful thought he sucked as a QB and would never be worth a crap. His numbers aren't near as good overall as Fitz last year (similar in passing game) and they 5-1.

Leroy Jenkins
10-21-2018, 09:30 AM
All the FL faithful thought he sucked as a QB and would never be worth a crap. His numbers aren't near as good overall as Fitz last year (similar in passing game) and they 5-1.

To be fair, one of those five Ws was against us, so that record is not as impressive.

The Gatah D beat LSU.

Yes, Don is the greatest ever, Meghan.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 09:32 AM
To be fair, one of those five Ws was against us, so that record is not as impressive.

The Gatah D beat LSU.

I'm not arguing but my point is that with this D, the O would put up a minimum of 21 pts in the games we've played so far and we'd be undefeated. KY wouldn't have scored 28 if our O could've kept the ball any length of time.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 09:34 AM
You know why Franks is serviceable this year and fitz has nosedived. Makes you excited about the future, right?

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 09:36 AM
You know why Franks is serviceable this year and fitz has nosedived. Makes you excited about the future, right?

Yea and ... No it don't.

DogsofAnarchy
10-21-2018, 09:39 AM
College football is strictly about the coaching. There are maybe 3 teams that TALENT alone is why they do like they do. Bama has more talent than anyone else but they are also extremely well coached. The talent level between the next top 35 teams is very close that’s why Purdue can beat down Ohio State. Coaching is the Key on the collegiate level.

By the way, Purdue’s coach made Western Kentucky a winner.

MetEdDawg
10-21-2018, 10:02 AM
Frank's isn't a great QB. But he's a great Mullen QB. If you think about it, a lot of what we thought about this season was wrong. Mullen has a much higher ceiling because of the makeup of their team and knowing what we know now about Moorhead we weren't going to be as good.

But we lost to a Top 5 team in Death Valley. Still have a reasonable shot at 8-4. I'm not melting yet even though we sucked last night. But it is blatantly obvious we don't have any QBs on our roster that can execute a Moorhead offense.

Coach007
10-21-2018, 10:05 AM

The Gatah D beat LSU.

Yes, Don is the greatest ever, Meghan.

Had nothing to do with the 27 points they scored?

Coach007
10-21-2018, 10:07 AM
Frank's isn't a great QB. But he's a great Mullen QB. If you think about it, a lot of what we thought about this season was wrong. Mullen has a much higher ceiling because of the makeup of their team and knowing what we know now about Moorhead we weren't going to be as good.

But we lost to a Top 5 team in Death Valley. Still have a reasonable shot at 8-4. I'm not melting yet even though we sucked last night. But it is blatantly obvious we don't have any QBs on our roster that can execute a Moorhead offense.

Nor an OL that can pass protect... NOR a RB on the field that can pick up the blitz....

msbulldog
10-21-2018, 10:08 AM

Yeah my friend, you live in Alabama and I live in Louisiana, I am going to have to listen to a whole bunch of BS next week.

Doggie_Style
10-21-2018, 10:21 AM

The changes made to Fitz?s throwing motion have wrecked what little bit of touch and accuracy that he had. He looks weird trying to throw. It?s like trying to change your golf swing one week before a tournament...it just f*&$#s you up....this offensive staff has failed on so many levels

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-21-2018, 11:56 AM

He is Mullen's Relf.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 12:00 PM
The changes made to Fitz?s throwing motion have wrecked what little bit of touch and accuracy that he had. He looks weird trying to throw. It?s like trying to change your golf swing one week before a tournament...it just f*&$#s you up....this offensive staff has failed on so many levels

I remember it being said that Joe & Co came in and told Fitz to forget some of what Mullen had taught him. I was thinking at time maybe they could take him to next level. Boy was I wrong. I think they totally f***ed him up.

And for those that think Joe's O is more complicated than Mullen's, Dak has said that coming into NFL from Mullen's offense made it significantly easier to adapt to the pros. So Mullen's O isn't that "simple".

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 12:21 PM

Franks didn't have any coaching prior to DM getting there. Franks was a highly rated drop back passing quarterback coming out of high school, with offers from Bama, LSu, Clemson and many others.