PDA

View Full Version : Will we recruit a graduate transfer QB for 2019?

Quaoarsking
10-21-2018, 09:18 AM
We've got to. There's someone out there who can run this system and would want to come start for an SEC team.

That would give us time to ease Shrader in so that he can start in 2020.

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 09:23 AM
I won?t matter the scheme will not work in the SEC. the DL are to physical and the safety?s to fast to close and this leads to bad reads and ineffective play from the QB

Leroy Jenkins
10-21-2018, 09:24 AM
Oh man, are we in the Kelly Bryant sweepstakes now? If the QBs we have now cant get the cuneiform offense down in the last 11 months, how is a grad transfer gonna learn it in a few practices.

Saltydog
10-21-2018, 09:46 AM
is playing checkers. He's the "chessmaster". I can tell you what he isn't. That's an SEC ready H/C. JoMo gots to go.

Cooterpoot
10-21-2018, 09:49 AM
I?d rather recruit a graduate assistant that can coach an offense.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2018, 09:55 AM
Kelly Bryant most likely goes to UPigg...

Quaoarsking
10-21-2018, 09:56 AM
Oh man, are we in the Kelly Bryant sweepstakes now? If the QBs we have now cant get the cuneiform offense down in the last 11 months, how is a grad transfer gonna learn it in a few practices.

JoeMo didn't invent this system. Plenty of QBs out there can run it.

Also, we would enroll the transfer in December and let him go through a Spring to pick up on any specifics

Quaoarsking
10-21-2018, 09:57 AM
I won?t matter the scheme will not work in the SEC. the DL are to physical and the safety?s to fast to close and this leads to bad reads and ineffective play from the QB

There have been lots of things that "won't work in the SEC" over the last few decades that actually did.

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 10:06 AM
There have been lots of things that "won't work in the SEC" over the last few decades that actually did.

I can assure you the speed of the safety?s in this league and the speed of the DL will keep this offense in check. This system is based on reads of the safety?s and the safety?s are to fast and it?s to difficult to read that combined with the physical and speedy DL leads to bad reads, pressure and ints. It?s not the QB it?s the scheme

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 10:08 AM
Agree but if you understand joes RPO game you will see it?s a bad fit for the SEC. if it was so good why aren?t more teams running a variation of it