PDA

View Full Version : Mullen wouldn?t be 7-0!

Dawgs31
10-21-2018, 08:39 AM
It?s not some automatic that Dan would have won against UK, UF, and certainly LSU!

What planet are you people on? The MF lost to Ole Miss last year. Same MF that lost to USA. We had HYPE coming into this year and that was it. Much of that based on the hope Fitz could learn to throw. Other coaches watch film too, you don?t think they would be doing the same thing, loading the box, daring Fitz to beat us with his arm?

This season falls on the fact that Fitz is a average HS QB at making reads and throwing the football with any semblance of competency. It?s Derrick Henry in the wildcat.

We will never out-talent the cream of the crop so our only realistic chance is to out-think them. That relies on a high IQ capable passing QB to make reads and calls. Mullen?s teams may be able to get over the hump if he gets ELITE talent. But that was never happening here. We need a coach/scheme/plan that can take us there without perennial Top 5 crooton? classes.

Of all the candidates out there JoeMo at least offers us that chance. We?ve been there done that with 8-9 wins and I at least have outside hope that the Moorhead RPO system can eventually take us where Mullen never would or could.

This year is what it is. Dan would have gone 9-3 at best. Whooptie do. Then what? I?ll take these lumps with the HOPE of getting to 11-1 and a playoff berth someday.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2018, 08:44 AM
We have got to stop talking about Mullen. It’s embarrassing. Everyone is laughing at us.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 08:49 AM
We have got to stop talking about Mullen. It’s embarrassing. Everyone is laughing at us.

They aren't laughing bc we're talking about Mullen. They're laughing bc we are a complete joke on offense after we built Moorhead up all offseason. Good news though... after last night, no one will be laughing at us anymore; we're back to insignificant. I mean who hell reads vandy boards to laugh at them... we're vandy now

turtlesnacks
10-21-2018, 08:58 AM
They aren't laughing bc we're talking about Mullen. They're laughing bc we are a complete joke on offense after we built Moorhead up all offseason. Good news though... after last night, no one will be laughing at us anymore; we're back to insignificant. I mean who hell reads vandy boards to laugh at them... we're vandy now

you mother17ers are 17ing sorry. get your tail from between your legs and stop the pity party bull shoot. THAT is what people will be laughing at.

this team was a bit overhyped on offense and we are dealing with a complete staff overhaul; we are also learning the hard way that not having a good qb and receiver core isn?t gonna cut it anymore against solid competition. give it some time for everything to gel and in the meantime cut the woe is me sadboi bullshoot, it?s 17ing pathetic.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 09:01 AM
you mother17ers are 17ing sorry. get your tail from between your legs and stop the pity party bull shoot. THAT is what people will be laughing at.

this team was a bit overhyped on offense and we are dealing with a complete staff overhaul; we are also learning the hard way that not having a good qb and receiver core isn?t gonna cut it anymore against solid competition. give it some time for everything to gel and in the meantime cut the woe is me sadboi bullshoot, it?s 17ing pathetic.

You can't see beyond your nose. This team isn't the one that was overhyped... Moorhead was. Stop being stupid... well, try

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2018, 09:04 AM
The optimism surrounding this season was entirely based on the growth of Fitz as a passer

The fact that he hasn't grown means that this season was never going to special regardless of who was coaching it.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 09:06 AM
The optimism surrounding this season was entirely based on the growth of Fitz as a passer

The fact that he hasn't grown means that this season was never going to special regardless of who was coaching it.

We could beat everyone on our schedule except Bama with the Fitz of last year.

ETA: With Fitz of last year and another coach who shall remain nameless, our RBs would probably have about 1500 to 1800 yds between them right now too.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 09:06 AM

Perhaps if we had a coach that just didn't nosedive fitz

Dawgs31
10-21-2018, 09:09 AM
We could beat everyone on our schedule except Bama with the Fitz of last year.

Coaches don’t watch film and adjust anymore? Look at Cam Newton 2015 MVP season compared to 2016.