PDA

View Full Version : After sleeping on it...

CadaverDawg
10-21-2018, 08:32 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AssuredScrawnyArmadillo-size_restricted.gif

DownwardDawg
10-21-2018, 09:20 AM
I’m with you. I’ve tried to understand. I’ve tried to convince myself that maybe he would turn it around. It’s not gonna happen. He’s totally lost. Fitz is horrible yes, but wtf kind of play calling is this??? Where’s was that power run spread we ran against Auburn? That would have been good enough for at least 17 points in my opinion. This dude is lost and he looks lost standing on the sidelines.

BogeyGolfer
10-21-2018, 09:36 AM
awful...Give the ball to Hill and he leans for 2-3 yards, and we score a TD. No, instead we give it twice to a tentative QB who just ran 40 yards. After that, I knew it was going to be a long night. Fitz is not the same player he was last year and it is hurting this team. There were guys wide ass open and he never saw them. I've never been a "go to the backup QB" guy but we need a spark on offense. Our D is freakish good and any amount of offense and we are probably undefeated.

parabrave
10-21-2018, 09:49 AM
When we came out with the KY offensive gameplan and not the Aubbie GP is what did it for me. No motion just 3 wideout single back run it up the gut against one of the stoutest D's just is insane. That gentlemen/women is not Fitzs' fault but the person who designed the gameplan. Frig Greg Knox or O could be 6-1 or 7-0 with this team because they know what they have to work with and mold their plan around the onfield talent.

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 10:04 AM
When we came out with the KY offensive gameplan and not the Aubbie GP is what did it for me. No motion just 3 wideout single back run it up the gut against one of the stoutest D's just is insane. That gentlemen/women is not Fitzs' fault but the person who designed the gameplan. Frig Greg Knox or O could be 6-1 or 7-0 with this team because they know what they have to work with and mold their plan around the onfield talent.

Burrow is asked as a QB to manage the offense, not turn the ball over and not do too much. Emsfinger is not trying to turn him into Joe Montana.

msbulldog
10-21-2018, 10:04 AM
I finally went to bed before the game was over, because I got sick of seeing Fitz running up the gut. We have 2 great running backs actually 3 or 4 and we don't use them. What gives?

Sacrifice
10-21-2018, 10:06 AM
There's way to many wtf moments with moorehead. I don't know why Fitz has 22 carries and Hill and Williams have 14 COMBINED! Do we even have a straight handoff play in the playbook?

And this Moorehead is an offensive genius/savant is turning out to be a bunch of B F-in S! All great coaches have one thing in common. They have the ability to make their players play at a very high level. I've seen it over and over in every sport. Moorehead has done the complete opposite. Our offense is so bad I couldn't even watch the 4th quarter.
It's obvious Joe is not as gifted at calling run plays against different defensive looks as Mullen was. That shant last night looked like what you'd see watching a city league 9/10 year old football game. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Also I've been a huge Fitz homer and I hate it for the guy, I thought at least he'd improve on what he did his soph and jr seasons but after last night, we've got to at least try something different....

I had such high hopes for this season and moorehead has turned it into a complete shit show!

Dawgology
10-21-2018, 10:13 AM
There's way to many wtf moments with moorehead. I don't know why Fitz has 22 carries and Hill and Williams have 14 COMBINED! Do we even have a straight handoff play in the playbook?

And this Moorehead is an offensive genius/savant is turning out to be a bunch of B F-in S! All great coaches have one thing in common. They have the ability to make their players play at a very high level. I've seen it over and over in every sport. Moorehead has done the complete opposite. Our offense is so bad I couldn't even watch the 4th quarter.
It's obvious Joe is not as gifted at calling run plays against different defensive looks as Mullen was. That shant last night looked like what you'd see watching a city league 9/10 year old football game. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Also I've been a huge Fitz homer and I hate it for the guy, I thought at least he'd improve on what he did his soph and jr seasons but after last night, we've got to at least try something different....

I had such high hopes for this season and moorehead has turned it into a complete shit show!

But certain people on this board want to give him a couple more years lol. I have to think these are Ole Miss plants because no true Bulldog fan could look at this and want it for their program.

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 10:14 AM

This offense already had an identity before Moorhead. He came in with a completely different identity and our guys are confused. He told them to forget everything they were taught under Mullen. This is on Joe. Square peg, round hole.

JoseBrown
10-21-2018, 10:38 AM
And we thought Dan had no imagination. Dan is 1000x imaginative as our offensive genius. And why do we have olinemen stepping in front of other olinemen and letting free runners at Fitz?

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2018, 10:49 AM
And we thought Dan had no imagination. Dan is 1000x imaginative as our offensive genius. And why do we have olinemen stepping in front of other olinemen and letting free runners at Fitz?

On the 4th and 3 at midfield last night RT Reese had a DE on his outside shoulder and instead double teamed the DT... the DE came in and tackled Fitz 5 yards behind line of scrimmage...

Coursesuper
10-21-2018, 10:53 AM
But certain people on this board want to give him a couple more years lol. I have to think these are Ole Miss plants because no true Bulldog fan could look at this and want it for their program.

Nope not closest sharks, just the same old bulldogs that have always been and always will be. Trying to play it safe, they would much rather fix the blame than fix the problems.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 10:58 AM
On the 4th and 3 at midfield last night RT Reese had a DE on his outside shoulder and instead double teamed the DT... the DE came in and tackled Fitz 5 yards behind line of scrimmage...

I went back and rewatched (as freakin painful as it was). There is a lot of that kinda crap happening all the time on O.

After FL game I had some concerns about our D ... didn't think they played tough in that game even tho they gave up few points. Since then, Shoop changed "Competitive Tuesdays" to "Toughness Tuesdays". The D is playing their ass off now and are real physical.

My guess is Moorhead still running his normal O (not the AU O) on walk-throughs against the scout team, and when passes are completed at a high rates and pass pros are good (in walk-throughs against scout team), he pats them all on the ass and tell them how great they're doing.

In fact he mentioned last night in PC how well they had been executing in 7-on-7s against scout team. Really?? WTF?

NCDawg
10-21-2018, 11:02 AM

Same thing happened at Kentucky over and over. We haven't been coached well enough to know how to defend that.

Coursesuper
10-21-2018, 11:05 AM
I went back and rewatched (as freakin painful as it was). There is a lot of that kinda crap happening all the time on O.

After FL game I had some concerns about our D ... didn't think they played tough in that game even tho they gave up few points. Since then, Shoop changed "Competitive Tuesdays" to "Toughness Tuesdays". The D is playing their ass off now and are real physical.

My guess is Moorhead still running his normal O (not the AU O) on walk-throughs against the scout team, and when passes are completed at a high rates and pass pros are good (in walk-throughs against scout team), he pats them all on the ass and tell them how great they're doing.

In fact he mentioned last night in PC how well they had been executing in 7-on-7s. Really?? WTF?

Delete, wrong post.

defiantdog
10-21-2018, 11:30 AM
I wanted to give Morehead a chance, but he didn't manage the game last night. He was determined to have Fitz drop back in the pocket and pass the ball. He never attempted to build any confidence in our QB. Mixon and D Thomas should have set screen plays with their speed. They shouldn't be running routes through the middle of the field. Complete a few short passes to build confidence. Every pass play doesn't have to be a 20 yarder down the field.

Morehead is simply running a playbook and not a gameplan. We should've spread their defense out then attacked the middle with the run. Instead, we attacked the middle with the run and attempted to lengthen the field with the pass. That works when you have a QB that is confident in his arm. Not a QB trying to aim the ball. Poor gameplan, poor coaching, poor execution.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2018, 11:50 AM
Bama’s Scout team is their first string defense... our scout team is walkons and redshirts... that’s why JoMo’s offense works in practice...

parabrave
10-21-2018, 11:55 AM

In fact he mentioned last night in PC how well they had been executing in 7-on-7s against scout team. Really?? WTF?

Yeah I heard the same 7 on 7 remark the thought the same WTF, Dud this isn't the Big ten or the Pac 12. You need to practice 11 on 11 down here.

KOdawg1
10-21-2018, 11:57 AM
I tried to tell yall. Fitz sucks

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 12:11 PM

That’s what you got from all of the above posts?

MarketingBully
10-21-2018, 12:20 PM
You guys realize on that 4th and 3 Fitz wasn’t supposed to sit there like a statue? He was supposed to roll to his left to follow the protection where he would have had the RPO to run or pass for the first down. He was never supposed to sit back and not feel the pressure from the released LB on the right side. Moorhead even said as such as one of the halftime adjustments that we were going to roll him out where he was more comfortable. Him just standing in the pocket like that after halftime is all him. Moorhead didn’t call that play because he completely sucks as a drop back passer. He literally was going against his own protection by standing there.

MarketingBully
10-21-2018, 12:21 PM

Fitz was supposed to roll out to follow his protection. He was never supposed to stand there.

MarketingBully
10-21-2018, 12:25 PM

Fitz is killing our perception of Moorhead because Moorhead literally does not know what to do with the kid and doesn’t trust him. Imo for everyone’s sake he just needs to start KT and just run with him this year. Play for the future and we still will go 7-5/8-4. It’s not what we all wanted but it’s our realty now.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 12:29 PM
Fitz is killing our perception of Moorhead because Moorhead literally does not know what to do with the kid and doesn’t trust him. Imo for everyone’s sake he just needs to start KT and just run with him this year. Play for the future and we still will go 7-5/8-4. It’s not what we all wanted but it’s our realty now.

Sorry but the piss poor game plans, play calling and lack of adjustments in 3 of 4 SEC games is tainting the perception of Moorehead a lot more than Fitz. Especially very poor adjustments after the half when we were still very much in those games

Bodaski
10-21-2018, 12:36 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AssuredScrawnyArmadillo-size_restricted.gif

Count me as a member of this suggestion. I don't like the look I see on NF's face on the sidelines after his amazing interceptions. I don't look for negative reasons to get discouraged. If hurting your team has trained you to handle these drive/winning preventers turnovers then its time to cut bait and move to a new spot and see if they are biting under another stump.

MarketingBully
10-21-2018, 12:40 PM
Sorry but the piss poor game plans, play calling and lack of adjustments in 3 of 4 SEC games is tainting the perception of Moorehead a lot more than Fitz. Especially very poor adjustments after the half when we were still very much in those games

You guys are so fixated on Moorhead and never want to blame Fitz. Fitz was a Mullen special a diamond in the rough who he really didn’t develop that well. Ironically all the QBs who Mullen chased away for this prize could have run Moorhead’s system. Eli could throw an incredible deep ball. Hell, even the kid who went to Chattanooga was a better fit for this system. Nope, those guys left and Moorhead was left with a kid who never ran his system and couldn’t even practice until August meaning he didn’t even go through spring practice which was huge. Instead Moorhead was left with a QB whose offers were us and MTSU and was a 2*. I think starting and playing KT is the answer to our offensive woes and this 4 INT performance by Fitz is the perfect catalyst to bench him for KT.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 12:44 PM
You guys are so fixated on Moorhead and never want to blame Fitz. Fitz was a Mullen special a diamond in the rough who he really didn’t develop that well. Ironically all the QBs who Mullen chased away for this prize could have run Moorhead’s system. Eli could throw an incredible deep ball. Hell, even the kid who went to Chattanooga was a better fit for this system. Nope, those guys left and Moorhead was left with a kid who never ran his system and couldn’t even practice until August meaning he didn’t even go through spring practice which was huge. Instead Moorhead was left with a QB whose offers were us and MTSU and was a 2*. I think starting and playing KT is the answer to our offensive woes and this 4 INT performance by Fitz is the perfect catalyst to bench him for KT.

I’m not blind to what Fitz is or can do. But if you can’t see the significant regression he has made passing or acknowledge that the coach you are defending still hasn’t put KT in, then you are being blinded by not looking at Moorehead as a large issue as well.

KOdawg1
10-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Fitz was a better passer two years ago than he is now. Think about that.

Yes he had Fred Ross. But Fitz has regressed big time. And that's on the staff

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 01:19 PM

Key was a 4* recruit that broke passing and running records at his high school. He won a state championship too. He had more experience as a high school QB than Fitz by far. He went through spring as the first string QB while Fitz was healing. He went through fall camp getting significant reps as well. He couldn't beat out Fitz. If there's one QB Joe could come in and mold into his system immediately it was Key. He didn't have 4 yrs of Mullen ball rolling around in his head.

Bully13
10-21-2018, 01:20 PM
17 this shit. I'm glad I didn't watch a 17ing snap. Internet told me all I needed to know. 4 ints, 200 yds rushing with no touchdowns. Deleted with no time wasted.

Bully13
10-21-2018, 01:21 PM
X file reruns rock

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 01:55 PM
Burrow is asked as a QB to manage the offense, not turn the ball over and not do too much. Emsfinger is not trying to turn him into Joe Montana.

Some laughed at or criticized O when he hired Emsfinger, as OC, but so far it looks like it is working out.

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 01:58 PM
Some laughed at or criticized O when he hired Emsfinger, as OC, but so far it looks like it is working out.

I think this fits under "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Goldendawg
10-21-2018, 03:03 PM
I finally went to bed before the game was over, because I got sick of seeing Fitz running up the gut. We have 2 great running backs actually 3 or 4 and we don't use them. What gives?

Well, we practically benched a 1000 yard RB and neither he nor Hill touch the ball much. Glad we have a top flight RB committed for next year with only 4 on the roster and the former A-Train using up his eligibility ............ Wait a minute, nevermind.

Dawgology
10-21-2018, 03:47 PM

Then ****ing replace him. If Fitz doesn’t fit your scheme then replace him. Day 1. Replace him. KT HAS to be better at passing both in game and in practice. Fitz is a leader so JoMo couldn’t do that, you say?? Bullshit. KT leads this team to a couple wins and the team is on board. Throw and hit WR’s and the wr’s are on board. Hand the ball off instead of keeping every single option...the rb’s are on board.

Easy fix when you think about it

bulldawg28
10-21-2018, 04:27 PM
Then ****ing replace him. If Fitz doesn’t fit your scheme then replace him. Day 1. Replace him. KT HAS to be better at passing both in game and in practice. Fitz is a leader so JoMo couldn’t do that, you say?? Bullshit. KT leads this team to a couple wins and the team is on board. Throw and hit WR’s and the wr’s are on board. Hand the ball off instead of keeping every single option...the rb’s are on board.

Easy fix when you think about it

This, Great post.

MarketingBully
10-21-2018, 04:45 PM
Key was a 4* recruit that broke passing and running records at his high school. He won a state championship too. He had more experience as a high school QB than Fitz by far. He went through spring as the first string QB while Fitz was healing. He went through fall camp getting significant reps as well. He couldn't beat out Fitz. If there's one QB Joe could come in and mold into his system immediately it was Key. He didn't have 4 yrs of Mullen ball rolling around in his head.

I’m not in JoMo’s head but I would have let KT finish the game once Fitz got knocked out due to that targeting penalty and I think he would have led us to a score. JoMo has to start KT this weekend imo. Fitz is done.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 05:29 PM

What the hell are you supposed to do with a QB that can't read defenses and keeps throwing the ball to the other team? I mean, putting the running back in motion and handing off to them is only going to band aid so much. I highly suspect that a big reason why the running backs aren't getting the ball is because Nick is probably keeping it some when he should hand it off. Whether that's because Nick can't read defenses or is being selfish or a combination of the two- I don't know.

And yes, I do think that putting in KT could have helped and may or may not be the answer. But I don't think it's that totally cut and dried either because you're talking about replacing a guy that is the SEC's all time rushing leader who was also considered a Heisman darkhorse and had we benched him earlier and Nick gotten the record that could have looked really bad for us.

But from what I am seeing in the stands:

1. We can't pass the ball.

2. We CAN run the ball. We lead the SEC in rushing and are a respectable sixth in SEC only games. So, that's clearly working despite coaching, Nick, lack of adjustments, and etc.

3. The o-line looks OK. Stats may or may not prove me wrong but other than UK and maybe UF they have been fine or at least not noticeably bad. We're OK at allowing sacks- 7th in the SEC and tied for fewest TFL's allowed. While at the same time leading the SEC in rushing without a QB that can throw the ball. Meaning they're blocking 8 on 5 a lot of the time and appear to be doing OK with it.

4. Defense is outstanding. Shoop looks like a good hire and maybe an upgrade over Grantham.

5. Special teams is OK outside of maybe punting.

6. Moorhead has significantly adjusted his play calling to be more run heavy since the Florida game like everyone wanted. I'm not sure what else he can really do outside of running more plays with the RB in motion to make people happy there. The penalties have gotten cleaned up for the most part since UK.

So in conclusion just about everything that Joe is doing right now is going at an acceptable rate outside of the passing game. Nick is KILLING us. And maybe Moorhead's career at MSU with it. He has talent but he doesn't have "it"- like Dak. Not everyone has "it" but Nick is also devoid of it.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 05:34 PM
I’m not in JoMo’s head but I would have let KT finish the game once Fitz got knocked out due to that targeting penalty and I think he would have led us to a score. JoMo has to start KT this weekend imo. Fitz is done.

I don't really know what to do. Nick has done really well against A&M in the past and we have La Tech, Arkansas, and Ole Miss coming up. Meaning his passing will probably get better and get closer to it's "norm" of around 55% or probably a little lower if we play him because he missed the FCS gam which would have padded his passing stats. We're not beating Alabama anyway.

I think I would probably start Nick against A&M and if he looks like he has been I put Key in at that point.

I do agree that I would have put Key in against LSU and would have seen what would have happened.

Doggie_Style
10-21-2018, 05:45 PM
I think I would probably start Nick against A&M and if he looks like he has been I put Key in at that point.

No way...Joe better decide today to start Key and get him all of the first team snaps this week....Fitz earnd his spot on the bench

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 05:46 PM
What the hell are you supposed to do with a QB that can't read defenses and keeps throwing the ball to the other team? I mean, putting the running back in motion and handing off to them is only going to band aid so much. I highly suspect that a big reason why the running backs aren't getting the ball is because Nick is probably keeping it some when he should hand it off. Whether that's because Nick can't read defenses or is being selfish or a combination of the two- I don't know.

And yes, I do think that putting in KT could have helped and may or may not be the answer. But I don't think it's that totally cut and dried either because you're talking about replacing a guy that is the SEC's all time rushing leader who was also considered a Heisman darkhorse and had we benched him earlier and Nick gotten the record that could have looked really bad for us.

But from what I am seeing in the stands:

1. We can't pass the ball.

2. We CAN run the ball. We lead the SEC in rushing and are a respectable sixth in SEC only games. So, that's clearly working despite coaching, Nick, lack of adjustments, and etc.

3. The o-line looks OK. Stats may or may not prove me wrong but other than UK and maybe UF they have been fine or at least not noticeably bad. We're OK at allowing sacks- 7th in the SEC and tied for fewest TFL's allowed. While at the same time leading the SEC in rushing without a QB that can throw the ball. Meaning they're blocking 8 on 5 a lot of the time and appear to be doing OK with it.

4. Defense is outstanding. Shoop looks like a good hire and maybe an upgrade over Grantham.

5. Special teams is OK outside of maybe punting.

6. Moorhead has significantly adjusted his play calling to be more run heavy since the Florida game like everyone wanted. I'm not sure what else he can really do outside of running more plays with the RB in motion to make people happy there. The penalties have gotten cleaned up for the most part since UK.

So in conclusion just about everything that Joe is doing right now is going at an acceptable rate outside of the passing game. Nick is KILLING us. And maybe Moorhead's career at MSU with it. He has talent but he doesn't have "it"- like Dak. Not everyone has "it" but Nick is also devoid of it.

It should not have taken 2 complete games vs Kentucky and Florida to adjust. You can’t just sweep all that under the rug and say, well he adjusted. After 2 games. And no adjustments in either 2nd half’s.

I don’t disagree that a complete one deminsional performance like vs Auburn was not sustainable. But the QB was serviceable throwing the last 2 years running a passing system that was just as complicated and required reading defenses as well. And it’s not like we were not already running some RPO concepts prior to Moorehead. Honestly probably confidence and lack of understanding of this offense is an issue with Fitz I’m sure. But not to this extent. And some of the play calls really don’t make sense with what defenses were showing. Heck how many times (and Luginbill mentioned this last night) but LSU wasn’t stacking the box all night to control our running game. There were a bunch of sets with only 5 in the box. Sorry but the play calling is an issue and second half adjustments are piss poor.

And if you as a coach honestly believe it’s the QB, then you do what Bama and Clemson did this year. You change to who you believe will win in your system. KT still on the bench. So either KT is not ready and the coach knows it (not to mention those ducks he threw against SFA did not look good) no matter how much fans believe he is much better than Fitz. Or it was a terrible coaching decision that cost us a season and may ultimately cost him his job. He has lost a ton of the fan base.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 06:04 PM
It should not have taken 2 complete games vs Kentucky and Florida to adjust. You can’t just sweep all that under the rug and say, well he adjusted. After 2 games. And no adjustments in either 2nd half’s.

I don’t disagree that a complete one deminsional performance like vs Auburn was not sustainable. But the QB was serviceable throwing the last 2 years running a passing system that was just as complicated and required reading defenses as well. And it’s not like we were not already running some RPO concepts prior to Moorehead. Honestly probably confidence and lack of understanding of this offense is an issue with Fitz I’m sure. But not to this extent. And some of the play calls really don’t make sense with what defenses were showing. Heck how many times (and Luginbill mentioned this last night) but LSU wasn’t stacking the box all night to control our running game. There were a bunch of sets with only 5 in the box. Sorry but the play calling is an issue and second half adjustments are piss poor.

And if you as a coach honestly believe it’s the QB, then you do what Bama and Clemson did this year. You change to who you believe will win in your system. KT still on the bench. So either KT is not ready and the coach knows it (not to mention those ducks he threw against SFA did not look good) no matter how much fans believe he is much better than Fitz. Or it was a terrible coaching decision that cost us a season and may ultimately cost him his job. He has lost a ton of the fan base.

So, because a coach has two bad games and then adjusts we're supposed to still bash the guy when he did adjust but it didn't work against LSU because it was so one dimensional that they knew it was coming? The only other adjustment to make is to throw the ball more. And then he gets bashed for "Air Moorhead". The problem is as long as we have a QB that can not read defenses and is a turnover machine we're screwed. Because any other adjustment we make running the ball or throwing screens is going to get adjusted to very quickly in the SEC.

I agree that you do change the QB because you have to try but it's again it's also not that cut and dried when you have a guy that is a Heisman darkhorse as the QB who is the SEC's all-time rushing leader. It's not like pulling Derrick Taite. Before last night the optics would have been pretty bad had we pulled him earlier. Now- not so much.

Bully13
10-21-2018, 06:13 PM
The most retarded waste of talent in the history of college football.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 06:20 PM
So, because a coach has two bad games and then adjusts we're supposed to still bash the guy when he did adjust but it didn't work against LSU because it was so one dimensional that they knew it was coming? The only other adjustment to make is to throw the ball more. And then he gets bashed for "Air Moorhead". The problem is as long as we have a QB that can not read defenses and is a turnover machine we're screwed. Because any other adjustment we make running the ball or throwing screens is going to get adjusted to very quickly in the SEC.

I agree that you do change the QB because you have to try but it's again it's also not that cut and dried when you have a guy that is a Heisman darkhorse as the QB who is the SEC's all-time rushing leader. It's not like pulling Derrick Taite. Before last night the optics would have been pretty bad had we pulled him earlier. Now- not so much.

Todd in 3 of 4 games he has not made in game adjustments. It doesn’t have to be just throwing, different way to run the ball, alignment, etc. But we also threw it 6 times the first 4 possessions vs 10 runs. We were not just completely one deminsional last night. About 15% more passing compared to the Auburn game. But the second half non-adjustments is the bad adjustment I’m talking about. It’s abysmal.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 06:26 PM
Todd in 3 of 4 games he has not made in game adjustments. It doesn’t have to be just throwing, different way to run the ball, alignment, etc. But we also threw it 6 times the first 4 possessions vs 10 runs. We were not just completely one deminsional last night. About 15% more passing compared to the Auburn game. But the second half non-adjustments is the bad adjustment I’m talking about. It’s abysmal.

We ran I think 37 times to 24 passes. And 8 of those 24 pass attempts was on our final possession. Do you really think that we should have run the ball down 16 on the road in the fourth quarter with less than 5 minutes left in the game? We could have made some adjustments- but as I said until we can throw the ball somewhat effectively it's only going to help so much. And Nick is probably going to screw up whatever adjustments we do make. The only difference between Auburn and LSU as far as play calling in terms of run pass was that we had to throw it more because we were behind.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 06:39 PM
We ran I think 37 times to 24 passes. And 8 of those 24 pass attempts was on our final possession. Do you really think that we should have run the ball down 16 on the road in the fourth quarter with less than 5 minutes left in the game? We could have made some adjustments- but as I said until we can throw the ball somewhat effectively it's only going to help so much. And Nick is probably going to screw up whatever adjustments we do make. The only difference between Auburn and LSU as far as play calling in terms of run pass was that we had to throw it more because we were behind.

Don’t be ridiculous. Of course you throw down 2 scores. That’s not adjustment that a necessity. And we attempted 10 passes the first half and 13 after the first drive in the 3rd when LSU just went ahead 13-3. Still in the game and over half of our passing attempts was at that point in the game.