PDA

View Full Version : Averaging 9 points per game in SEC, and your defense leads the nation

Thick
10-21-2018, 07:25 AM
only giving up 12-13. It?s a damn shame to have all of this talent, and completely shit the bed bc your AD shit the bed on the hire. It?s a damn shame that Moorhead wears glasses that don?t work, bc there?s no way that he could look at film or observe in practice and come away thinking that we could implement his passing game. Who would?ve thought that we would be 1-3, and our only w would be AU? I?m not pissed off. I?m shocked. We have scored 36 points in 4 SEC games! Dan would?ve crushed it this year, but he got what he wanted and we got stuck with Erkel!

The good news is basketball season is right around the corner.

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 07:45 AM
280 yds of offense. What?s that exactly. That?s what this joe mo offenses averaged at Penn State against Ohio state. Why do I bring that up. Because the OSU D is as close to SEC as they see in the big 10. No way if I?m an AD I would have hired a guy who cannot even break 300 yds of total offense against what some consider an sec type of D. Now look at what we are averaging in SEC play....9 points a game.... less than 300 yds of total offense.
I don?t care if you bring in his players to run his offense. It won?t work. Joe is not cut out to be a HC in the SEC. His offense will not work here or anywhere. Joe will not adapt and is adamant that he he run his offense. Sound familiar??? John Cohn made the worst hire he could possibly make for us. It was an awkward fit day one. I?m glad he didn?t hire Pruitt but he had ample opportunity an interest from sitting HCs from group of 5 and lower divisions.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 07:52 AM
280 yds of offense. What?s that exactly. That?s what this joe mo offenses averaged at Penn State against Ohio state. Why do I bring that up. Because the OSU D is as close to SEC as they see in the big 10. No way if I?m an AD I would have hired a guy who cannot even break 300 yds of total offense against what some consider an sec type of D. Now look at what we are averaging in SEC play....9 points a game.... less than 300 yds of total offense.
I don?t care if you bring in his players to run his offense. It won?t work. Joe is not cut out to be a HC in the SEC. His offense will not work here or anywhere. Joe will not adapt and is adamant that he he run his offense. Sound familiar??? John Cohn made the worst hire he could possibly make for us. It was an awkward fit day one. I?m glad he didn?t hire Pruitt but he had ample opportunity an interest from sitting HCs from group of 5 and lower divisions.

That 200 yds of offense you mentioned was with perhaps the best rb talent I've seen in a long time

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 08:05 AM
That 200 yds of offense you mentioned was with perhaps the best rb talent I've seen in a long time
Yep just goes to show what a cluster fck that coaching search was.
I?m of the opinion that Keenum is pretty smart fellow. So I say this. If you have something that?s not working and you don?t want to continue throwing money at in hopes that it will work you stop, correct? Well if the answer is we need a change today the same as it will be at the end of next year wouldn?t you just go ahead and make that change Monday after thanksgiving this year?

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 08:17 AM

This is where I'm at too. I didn't do much research after the hire, but I've done just a little, not a ton, over last 2 weeks.

That empty back, no motion bullshit he wants to run ... Saban, Jimbo, Aranda .. they gonna love seeing that shit every single down.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 08:59 AM

Look I’m no Moorehead defender but I’ve seen you and others keep harping on the yards but never bring up they were 1-1 vs OSU and averaged 31 points per game against them. Heck they scored 38 points in 2017 and lost by one point. Who cares about yards when you can score 38 points vs OSU

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 09:20 AM
Look I’m no Moorehead defender but I’ve seen you and others keep harping on the yards but never bring up they were 1-1 vs OSU and averaged 31 points per game against them. Heck they scored 38 points in 2017 and lost by one point. Who cares about yards when you can score 38 points vs OSU
Fair points but let?s also point out that in those games they had special teams and defensive scoring those are outside the control of the offense. Let?s also point out that joe Had a first round RB as well and still managed only 280 yds. Facts remain this offense will not work in the sec. The DL are to fast and physical the back 7 are quicker and faster to respond so the abilities of the QB to read safety?s (main read in hardheads offense) for bus RPO to work. Case in point last night Fitz read the safety but the safety closed faster then was anticipated and he forced throws. Add this with pressure from the DL you see why those throws were forced and lead to ints. I say all this to say yes Fitz played bad but it?s the scheme that?s causing all these issues.

Thick
10-21-2018, 09:42 AM
Great points by all of you.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 09:46 AM
Fair points but let?s also point out that in those games they had special teams and defensive scoring those are outside the control of the offense. Let?s also point out that joe Had a first round RB as well and still managed only 280 yds. Facts remain this offense will not work in the sec. The DL are to fast and physical the back 7 are quicker and faster to respond so the abilities of the QB to read safety?s (main read in hardheads offense) for bus RPO to work. Case in point last night Fitz read the safety but the safety closed faster then was anticipated and he forced throws. Add this with pressure from the DL you see why those throws were forced and lead to ints. I say all this to say yes Fitz played bad but it?s the scheme that?s causing all these issues.

Think there was just a kickoff return. Still that’s 27.5 points per game. His offense works. OSU shut down Barkley rushing last year and they still scored 31 offensive points. It can work in the SEC but he is not close to being in tune with what to do this year.

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 10:09 AM
If it worked more teams would be running it.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 10:15 AM
Usually when an offensive coach joins the sec, he has an advantage the first year. Then in the offseason teams adjust and the coach has to adjust back. The fact we are abysmal in Moorhead's first year isn't a good sign to me. Ark scored 31 on bama; we've scored 39 in 4 sec games. We are the worst offense in sec only games; we avg 9.8... vandy is 13th at 15.3

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 10:20 AM

And this is where we get Joe telling the press Fitz is making the right reads. So we'd be killing it in the Big10 this season.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 10:23 AM
And this is where we get Joe telling the press Fitz is making the right reads. So we'd be killing it in the Big10 this season.

Joe said (one of his many DA quotes) that no team has ever picked up his offense so quickly. We dominated garbage teams. Truth is this offense just doesn't work vs good teams unless you have a serious talent gap (Barkley, gesicki)

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 10:32 AM
Joe said (one of his many DA quotes) that no team has ever picked up his offense so quickly. We dominated garbage teams. Truth is this offense just doesn't work vs good teams unless you have a serious talent gap (Barkley, gesicki)
Technically speaking it?s doesn?t work with that talent against the cream of the big 10 in Ohio state

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 11:04 AM
Technically speaking it?s doesn?t work with that talent against the cream of the big 10 in Ohio state

Yes it does and you can?t cherry pick one game to make a comparison. Making a false narrative and I don?t even want to defend him but be fair. Michigan had a better scoring D last than OSU and they put up 42