PDA

View Full Version : Quit throwing away our QB depth chart

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 06:58 AM
because Fitz is sucking a$s under Moorhead. Key and Mayden have us setup for minimum 4 years of quality depth at the QB position. It's beyond stupid to just throw both of them away and hand the job to Schrader day 1. I personally think very highly of Keytaon Thompson. He beat Lamar Jackson's Louisville team. He almost came back to beat Ole Miss after being suddenly forced into a very heated Egg Bowl where the other team was intentionally trying to injure him and with minimum to no game reps or practice reps as the #1 QB leading up to the game. He tied or set about a dozen school records in his only other start vs SFA. Did y'all want him to be William Wallace and shoot thunderbolts out his arse too?

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 07:50 AM
The fact Key stood on the sidelines and didn?t have a Head set on while the others did was concerning

Dawgology
10-21-2018, 08:33 AM
He gone after this season. Moorehead does not know how to manage his QB personnel. Really sad. This guy will set us back a decade before he is done. GREAT flippin’ hire

MetEdDawg
10-21-2018, 09:04 AM
Here's my thing. Who gives a shit how good Key looks. Fitz was 8-24 for 59 with 4 picks. Are we seriously saying Key will do worse? How in the hell does he not play?

starkvegasdawg
10-21-2018, 09:08 AM
Here's my thing. Who gives a shit how good Key looks. Fitz was 8-24 for 59 with 4 picks. Are we seriously saying Key will do worse? How in the hell does he not play?

This.

If I'm Key I'm pissed I can't even sniff the field during this exhibition of incompetence.

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 09:13 AM
Moorhead has already conceded this season is a bust. He's waiting on Schrader to be "the guy". We're 4-8 next letting a true freshman get his feet in the SEC.

Pit Bull
10-21-2018, 10:22 AM
Moorhead has already conceded this season is a bust. He's waiting on Schrader to be "the guy". We're 4-8 next letting a true freshman get his feet in the SEC.

Does he just not like Key or Mayden personally?....or is it just because Schrader is his recruit? It wouldn't surprise me to see Schrader head for greener pastures before he signs. He has to not like what he sees here so far. Mayden's film shows he has great touch and a very smooth passing form. Runs well too. Mayden has a very nice offer sheet. He and Keyteon have to be our future unless Joe just casts them aside. That would be disappointing for sure.

Cooterpoot
10-21-2018, 12:16 PM
Schrader isn’t playing next year. He’s redshirting.

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 12:32 PM
Does he just not like Key or Mayden personally?....or is it just because Schrader is his recruit? It wouldn't surprise me to see Schrader head for greener pastures before he signs. He has to not like what he sees here so far. Mayden's film shows he has great touch and a very smooth passing form. Runs well too. Mayden has a very nice offer sheet. He and Keyteon have to be our future unless Joe just casts them aside. That would be disappointing for sure.

KT should be able to run his offense a lot better than it is now, but I think of the quarterbacks we have now, Mayden fits his offensive scheme better. I can't see JoeMo pulling an OM and telling Schrader if you come here, then you will be my starter once you set foot on campus. He should have the opportunity to compete for the starting job, but I imagine he will red shirt, unless something crazy happens.

Doggie_Style
10-21-2018, 12:36 PM

You are being optimistic....we win no more than 3 next year with a stadium that is half empty at kickoff

StarkVegasSteve
10-21-2018, 01:17 PM

Schrader isn't leaving. I can say that with 100% certainty

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2018, 01:23 PM
Don’t be surprised if our starting backfield next year is Schrader and Gibson.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2018, 01:28 PM
The fact Key stood on the sidelines and didn?t have a Head set on while the others did was concerning

Key is not involved in signaling in plays, nor does he wear a headset.... we dress Rip Kirk because Key has not grasped offense.....

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 01:29 PM
You are being optimistic....we win no more than 3 next year with a stadium that is half empty at kickoff

I got a feeling Coach Asparagus up in Knoxville beats us by two tds. He'll have the dumpster fire out and looking for wins. This one he'll want b/c IB turned him down for some Yankee genius.

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 01:31 PM
Key is not involved in signaling in plays, nor does he wear a headset.... we dress Rip Kirk because Key has not grasped offense.....

So what your saying is we have no backup QB.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2018, 01:38 PM
So what your saying is we have no backup QB.
If we had a backup QB, he would have played more than one snap last night...

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 01:40 PM

Ouch!

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 01:43 PM
Schrader isn’t playing next year. He’s redshirting.

This a gut feeling?

If Schrader picks up the offense this spring and fall he's the guy. It looks like he has the tools. If he has it between the ears too he's starting as a true freshman.

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 01:49 PM

I read it differently. Moorhead doesn't have the stones to bench Fitz. Even the ESPN announcers were calling for the benching.

Pit Bull
10-21-2018, 02:22 PM
I got a feeling Coach Asparagus up in Knoxville beats us by two tds. He'll have the dumpster fire out and looking for wins. This one he'll want b/c IB turned him down for some Yankee genius.

I had long thought if we played UT, it would be an easy win....no more. We will NOT win at UT next year. Wont even be close. Their QB looks really good for a freshman. I expect him to bust out next year for the Vols. We lose by 3+ TDs.

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 02:33 PM
Guarantano is a sophomore. He played in 9 games for the Vols last year. This tells me you haven't really watched UT much at all and are just in love with redneck Pruitt.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2018, 02:36 PM

KT started the first game and looked fine.

Are you saying that Fitz has grasped the offense?

jackindabox
10-22-2018, 09:59 AM

Just because he didnt have a headset on doesn't mean Moorhead thinks he has no chance of playing at any point in the future. They just weren't going to play him against LSU. As far as this years team goes, the only thing we know for sure is that the connection between Fitzgerald and Moorhead isnt working. It is hard to bench a guy who leads the sec in all time rushing yards and fought all year to come back from a gruesome ankle injury. If I had to guess Fitzgerald will start against Texas AM but I have to believe he is on a short leash. IF he goes 5-19 and throws 4 interceptions and Moorhead doesn't at least give Keyton a shot then I will have to quit defending Moorhead and jump on the Moorhead is an idiot band wagon.

Bothrops
10-22-2018, 12:30 PM
This a gut feeling?

If Schrader picks up the offense this spring and fall he's the guy. It looks like he has the tools. If he has it between the ears too he's starting as a true freshman.

Schrader won't be physically ready to play yet.

TrapGame
10-22-2018, 12:38 PM
Schrader won't be physically ready to play yet.

I know that. You know that. Does Moorhead know that? Or will it be sink or swim at that point?

I'm telling y'all if this kid gets a grasp of this offense and can throw an accurate ball he's the guy.

Jack Lambert
10-22-2018, 01:15 PM
Before you start praising Mullen just remember "Holloway Up the Middle"

NCDawg
10-22-2018, 01:33 PM

I think you're probably correct. Right now, I would take Pruitt over our guy that Cohen chose. Pruitt seems to have a lot more passion for the game and he has his team playing very hard. He just doesn't have the talent right now.

Dawgfan77
10-22-2018, 01:36 PM
I think you're probably correct. Right now, I would take Pruitt over our guy that Cohen chose. Pruitt seems to have a lot more passion for the game and he has his team playing very hard. He just doesn't have the talent right now.
I would never have chosen Pruitt. We had a chance to hire a sitting HC and failed

TrapGame
10-22-2018, 01:47 PM
I would never have chosen Pruitt. We had a chance to hire a sitting HC and failed

I'd like to know who was on this Schindler's List of coaches IB had in his back pocket. There was a rumor that he went after former USM HC Todd Monken, with the Falcons now, and he told IB no, he was happy in the NFL.

Dawgfan77
10-22-2018, 01:58 PM
I'd like to know who was on this Schindler's List of coaches IB had in his back pocket. There was a rumor that he went after former USM HC Todd Monken, with the Falcons now, and he told IB no, he was happy in the NFL.
I was not privy to IB. But we offered Mullen 6MM to stay. I?m sure we could have hired a HC for that. IB went cheap and tried to outsmart everyone.