PDA

View Full Version : Likelihood Moorhead gets the can at season end?

Bark
10-21-2018, 12:25 AM
It?s very apparent he?s not the guy. If he can?t win with this team he?s not going to win the next two years. Will there be enough fire on Cohen and Keenun to make this happen? If we don?t cut ties this year, he could destroy everything that has been built the last ten years.

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2018, 12:30 AM
Zero point zero percent chance.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2018, 12:31 AM
I think we would have to finish 5-7 for that to happen which is very unlikely.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-21-2018, 12:33 AM
None

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 12:36 AM
Extremely unlikely barring a scandal.

The thing is he is a La Tech and Arkansas win away from going to a bowl and 6-6 at worst if that happens. Two years ago we gave Dan an extension for going 6-7.

Joe needs to hit the JUCO/grad transfer market hard this offseason and bring in players that can make an impact immediately.

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2018, 12:39 AM
If he beats OM, La Tech and Arkansas he will be ok. Not what we wanted and he would have more pressure for 19 with a lesser team but still you cant fire him for that.

We could beat A&M at home and go 8-4. But I think 6-6 is a fireable offense because that would mean losing to one of the 3 worst teams left and all of them are bad.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 12:40 AM
He could lose out and not be fired

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 12:51 AM
He could lose out and not be fired

I think this is actually the only scenario where he does get fired.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 12:53 AM
I think this is actually the only scenario where he does get fired.

I think it would definitely put him on the hot seat.

NCDawg
10-21-2018, 01:00 AM
I do think he should make a change at QB to at least give fans some hope for the future. Even Saban made a change at QB when he didn't think his QB was performing up to expectations, and he did it in the championship game no less.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 01:02 AM
I do think he should make a change at QB to at least give fans some hope for the future. Even Saban made a change at QB when he didn't think his QB was performing up to expectations, and he did it in the championship game no less.

I think he should to. Hell- it might make Nick wake up a little bit.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2018, 01:04 AM
It?s very apparent he?s not the guy. If he can?t win with this team he?s not going to win the next two years. Will there be enough fire on Cohen and Keenun to make this happen? If we don?t cut ties this year, he could destroy everything that has been built the last ten years.

That won't happen. Zero chance. Keenum doesn't need to be fired. Athletics doesn't run the university, nor should it. I don't think Joe does either, yet. That being said, if he does get fired, the the "AD" needs to go before he does. If Joe is a failure than so is he. He can't be allowed to make the next hire if this one is a bust.

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 01:08 AM
I think it would definitely put him on the hot seat.

He's already on the hot seat. At this point Moorhead has 12-14 games left to prove he deserves a 3rd season for me. He can start building on that by benching Fitz for the rest of the season starting Monday. Our offense was so atrocious tonight and Fitz is making just awful decisions and can't read a blitz or defense for shit. It's time for Keytaon.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 01:09 AM
That won't happen. Zero chance. Keenum doesn't need to be fired. Athletics doesn't run the university, nor should it. I don't think Joe does either, yet. That being said, if he does get fired, the the "AD" needs to go before he does. If Joe is a failure than so is he. He can't be allowed to make the next hire if this one is a bust.

I think both would go at the same time or at least close to it.

I don't think it happens either because if Keenum was chomping at the bit to get rid of Cohen the Cann situation would have been a prime time to do it.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2018, 01:11 AM
He's already on the hot seat. At this point Moorhead has 12-14 games left to prove he deserves a 3rd season for me. He can start building on that by benching Fitz for the rest of the season starting Monday. Our offense was so atrocious tonight and Fitz is making just awful decisions and can't read a blitz or defense for shit. It's time for Keytaon.

I love Fitz but we gotta try something different. Anything to get something going. I mean it can't be any worse. In our 3 losses we averaging 5.3 points a game.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 01:12 AM

I agree it's time to bench Fitz. The thing is we ran the ball decently, the defense was very good all night long, and the special teams was mostly OK. Really the ONLY thing we didn't do at an acceptable rate was throw the ball.

I think we both agree that he should get next year though. I say give him a chance to get some players in that fit what he wants to do on offense this offseason and if it still isn't working he doesn't get a third year.

cheewgumm
10-21-2018, 01:16 AM
Why don?t our RBs get carries?

Pit Bull
10-21-2018, 01:19 AM

This^^^

Cooterpoot
10-21-2018, 05:30 AM
If he loses out, he’s done. We’ve been embarrassingly bad offensively. If he loses the team he’s done.

Dawg2003
10-21-2018, 05:46 AM
Very little chance because we should at least go 6-6. Plus, nobody fires anyone the first year.

Cooterpoot
10-21-2018, 05:53 AM
We aren’t winning 6 with the offense I saw tonight.

civildawg
10-21-2018, 06:12 AM
Honestly if he goes anything less than 8-4 he should be fired. Think about the team he has wasted this year. If Mullen was here we would be 7-0 and number 4 in the country and I wasn?t even a Mullen fan. It?s criminal what joe has done to this offense and wasted an elite defense

I_Spy
10-21-2018, 06:21 AM
I already want Les Miles or someone like that who can save our program and may work with our LA people and can translate to our players ...that we need to win, we must win ..considering our roster and potential.

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 06:41 AM
Honestly if he goes anything less than 8-4 he should be fired. Think about the team he has wasted this year. If Mullen was here we would be 7-0 and number 4 in the country and I wasn?t even a Mullen fan. It?s criminal what joe has done to this offense and wasted an elite defense

Should be fired isn't the question though. Moorhead should be fired right now but we CAN'T fire a first year SEC coach after only 7 games. Nebraska hired the hottest name in all of CFB in Scott Frost and he's 1-6 at NEBRASKA. Nebraska might not hold the same weight as it did in the 90's but they are one of the most proud football program's in the entire country and they ain't firing him for minimum 3 years even with his atrocious start. We are 4-3. Nebraska would kill to be 4-3 right now. Same with UCLA another very proud big time CFB program. We as a fanbase just have to suck it up right now and eat the shitburger for minimum 2 seasons with Moorhead. It's ludicrous to fire a brand new first time SEC HC after only 2 years but two years isn't suicide. Firing him before even two years is up is program suicide.

I_Spy
10-21-2018, 06:50 AM
We are program suicide anyway probably ...people like bold acts nowadays or ya gotta back that a$$ up...

We were fairly decent last year. Cite intolerable fan conditions ...I cannot best to watch even

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 07:23 AM
Should be fired isn't the question though. Moorhead should be fired right now but we CAN'T fire a first year SEC coach after only 7 games. Nebraska hired the hottest name in all of CFB in Scott Frost and he's 1-6 at NEBRASKA. Nebraska might not hold the same weight as it did in the 90's but they are one of the most proud football program's in the entire country and they ain't firing him for minimum 3 years even with his atrocious start. We are 4-3. Nebraska would kill to be 4-3 right now. Same with UCLA another very proud big time CFB program. We as a fanbase just have to suck it up right now and eat the shitburger for minimum 2 seasons with Moorhead. It's ludicrous to fire a brand new first time SEC HC after only 2 years but two years isn't suicide. Firing him before even two years is up is program suicide.

Apples to oranges. Not even remotely close comparison. Do you watch football? Nebraska has been a cluster since they fired Pelinie. Nebraska is a total rebuild and UCLA is improving . Joe inherited a top 15 team and has preceded to run it into the ground. He cannot win in this league. He shows it every week. His offense will not work in the sec.
we are way to patient on a coach now if we were in a re build mode I?d be all about giving the man time but we were not. We have been to 8 bowl games we had 22 returning out of the two deep that won 9 games last year. Now we are staring 5 to 7 wins in the face
Joe can?t win with this team he never will. He should go back to the northeast bump and giggle league. He is not an sec coach and he needs to fired Monday

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2018, 07:28 AM
We aren?t winning 6 with the offense I saw tonight.

It it?s obvious at this point in the season we are in the bottom half of the league. We have lost to more talented teams (when you compare QB, wr and coaching). Our defense will keep us in LaTech and Arkansas and Om.

I?m changing my prediction slightly 7-5 with wins over LaTech ark and maybe OM. If MSU football can post a 6-7 win season you better enjoy it and go the bowl game.

Dawg61
10-21-2018, 07:40 AM
Apples to oranges. Not even remotely close comparison. Do you watch football? Nebraska has been a cluster since they fired Pelinie. Nebraska is a total rebuild and UCLA is improving . Joe inherited a top 15 team and has preceded to run it into the ground. He cannot win in this league. He shows it every week. His offense will not work in the sec.
we are way to patient on a coach now if we were in a re build mode I?d be all about giving the man time but we were not. We have been to 8 bowl games we had 22 returning out of the two deep that won 9 games last year. Now we are staring 5 to 7 wins in the face
Joe can?t win with this team he never will. He should go back to the northeast bump and giggle league. He is not an sec coach and he needs to fired Monday

Well he's not getting fired Monday so it looks like I am a little closer to reality than you are. Maybe you should watch more football or more reality.

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 07:49 AM
Well he's not getting fired Monday so it looks like I am a little closer to reality than you are. Maybe you should watch more football or more reality.
I know he won?t but it doesn?t change the fact he needs to be. What I?m saying is you cannot compare UCLA and Nebraska to what we have. We were (past tense) and better program than those on the field

msstate7
10-21-2018, 07:54 AM
If MSU football can post a 6-7 win season you better enjoy it and go the bowl game.

This. The bowl streak is over next season. Moorhead will be fired... just a matter of time

Cooterpoot
10-21-2018, 08:12 AM
Just looking around, it’s pretty obvious most of our fans were skeptical of Moorhead from day one. Why Cohen thought he was a fit here is pretty disturbing for someone that continually uses phrases like “understands our culture”, or “fits our ideals” etc. This is Rick Ray on a much larger level. Our program is going to suffer for years. Recruiting has been bad. We’re scrambling for scraps just to fill needs. I had heard over the summer the practices didn’t compare to the previous staff. It’s a damn mess.

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2018, 08:22 AM

Just wait until April when we have about 9 players drafted, I would think maybe he gets fired then.

Doggie_Style
10-21-2018, 08:22 AM
When the smartest and most capable coach on the field is Yaw Yaw you know you have hit bottom Joe will never be successful at State. So we are in a bad spot. We want to hold the recruiting class together so firing today is not an option. We neeed to start talking to potential replacements now so we can pull the trigger after we lose the egg.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 08:29 AM
Just looking around, it?s pretty obvious most of our fans were skeptical of Moorhead from day one. Why Cohen thought he was a fit here is pretty disturbing for someone that continually uses phrases like ?understands our culture?, or ?fits our ideals? etc. This is Rick Ray on a much larger level. Our program is going to suffer for years. Recruiting has been bad. We?re scrambling for scraps just to fill needs. I had heard over the summer the practices didn?t compare to the previous staff. It?s a damn mess.

I miss the posts here telling how much better things are now that we're in Moorhead's hands. Haven't SEEN those guys post probably 34 total posts the whole season

Dawgology
10-21-2018, 08:29 AM
He won’t be fired at the end of this season even if he goes 5-7 because MSU. But are just delaying the inevitable since he will be fired in 2019 when he goes 4-8 and we miss a bowl game for the first time in 9 years.

Coursesuper
10-21-2018, 08:36 AM
All I will say is that whatever the record this year, just wait. Next year is going to be the season that puts MSU back in the cellar and it will take another four to seven years to crawl back out of it. First year coach or not it’s time to cut our losses and get on with it.

MagicDawg
10-21-2018, 08:57 AM
I remember the look on his family's faces when they arrived in Starkville. The amazing welcome he received and the stunned look as his kids realized Dad was being hailed as a hero. Remember all the comments about welcoming a new man to the Mississippi State family?

Now I think about how hard it is for all of us to watch the regression of our team to Croom/Felker levels of play, how frustrating it is, and how embarrassing it has to be for those kids to know that Dad is not getting the job done.

This whole situation sucks for everyone. The only person who can create a positive outcome seems to be intellectually and physically paralyzed during the games.

What a cluster.