PDA

View Full Version : Truths

BrunswickDawg
10-20-2018, 11:01 PM
I'm about the most optimistic guy you will ever meet. How - after 30 years of being an MSU fan- I'll never know. But, I've come to terms with some things tonight that can all be true, and none of it is good.

1. Nick Fitzgerald is a warrior, but not a QB. God knows I've tried to believe he could be, but whatever potential he had to be an adequate QB is gone. A big part of that is on Nick, but whole big fat pile of it is on Moorhead. Fitz was set up to fail by Moorhead with this offense - mainly because....

2. Dan Mullen is a got damn genius. He could scheme an offense around having QBs who were not adequate passers and go toe to toe with most teams not named Bama. Joe Moorhead is. Not. A. Genius.

3. That same got damn genius has ****ed us hard because he left us without QBs that can pass or quality WR. That set up whoever replaced him to fail. No one else runs a system like Mullen - why do you think UF took a huge step back at QB after Mullen left and Tebow left. They had players to run Mullen's system - but QBs not geared for it and no coaches to run it. Their next 2 seasons made Meyer quit.

3. Replacing Fitz with Key may make people feel better - but it's about like choosing between Mike Henig and Kyle York (no offense to either guy). Neither choice - in this offense - is going to work and either choice will piss everyone off when it fails again.

4. Joe Moorhead needs to be fired. I'm someone who believes in stability and consistency and giving people opportunities to show what they can do. Moorhead has shown himself to have created a train wreck of an offense and has turned an adequate run-first QB into a total shit show.

5. The offensive regression is on the coaches. Period.

6. Bob Shoop owes MSU a career saving "Thank You" for gifting him this defense. By not royally ****ing it up he has proven to be a better coach than Joe Moorhead.

7. Bourbon dulls the pain, typically increases the temper.

I hope this team doesn't quit, but we all see the writing on the wall. Support our guys - but turn the heat up on the guy in charge.

Coursesuper
10-20-2018, 11:12 PM
Here, Here ! Well said sir.

TrapGame
10-20-2018, 11:13 PM
Pretty much spot on.

Dawgfan77
10-20-2018, 11:13 PM
Bravo

I think most rational state fans agree. We made a bad hire. My fear is that in the past we have been way to patient with coaches. I hope we aren?t with joe. Mainly because we still have talent and we still an opportunity for a good class but if we let joe continue for two more years that?s equivalent to setting us back 4 years.
This was not a rebuild this was not a culture problem. That?s why we can?t afford to give him time. If he can?t win with this talent he never will No need o wait til he gets his players in When you only score 3 tds in sec games it?s coaching
Mr Cohn needs to make the call and joe needs to go

Coursesuper
10-20-2018, 11:20 PM
Bravo

I think most rational state fans agree. We made a bad hire. My fear is that in the past we have been way to patient with coaches. I hope we aren?t with joe. Mainly because we still have talent and we still an opportunity for a good class but if we let joe continue for two more years that?s equivalent to setting us back 4 years.
This was not a rebuild this was not a culture problem. That?s why we can?t afford to give him time. If he can?t win with this talent he never will No need o wait til he gets his players in When you only score 3 tds in sec games it?s coaching

Mr Cohen is the one who 17ed this up. His ass should be in the crack also on this one.

Doggie_Style
Bravo

Joe needs to be fired tomorrow....the longer you wait the more damage to the program....Hud can see us through this season and give us time to make a good hire

TrapGame
Bravo

But it also reflects badly on the IB if he fires him after one year. He can't admit he made a mistake like that. I'm afraid Cohen has tied his fate with Moorhead.

chef dixon
10-20-2018, 11:22 PM
Fitz plays 3 seasons and is a 5th year senior, proceeds to shit the bed week after week: not on him, needs more time to develop.

Keytaon plays 2 games and is a true sophomore: sucks, can not do any better.

So f*cking stupid.

Cooterpoot
10-20-2018, 11:23 PM
Amen. Hallelujah. Where’s the Tylenol?

DogsofAnarchy
10-20-2018, 11:24 PM
I'm about the most optimistic guy you will ever meet. How - after 30 years of being an MSU fan- I'll never know. But, I've come to terms with some things tonight that can all be true, and none of it is good.

1. Nick Fitzgerald is a warrior, but not a QB. God knows I've tried to believe he could be, but whatever potential he had to be an adequate QB is gone. A big part of that is on Nick, but whole big fat pile of it is on Moorhead. Fitz was set up to fail by Moorhead with this offense - mainly because....

2. Dan Mullen is a got damn genius. He could scheme an offense around having QBs who were not adequate passers and go toe to toe with most teams not named Bama. Joe Moorhead is. Not. A. Genius.

3. That same got damn genius has ****ed us hard because he left us without QBs that can pass or quality WR. That set up whoever replaced him to fail. No one else runs a system like Mullen - why do you think UF took a huge step back at QB after Mullen left and Tebow left. They had players to run Mullen's system - but QBs not geared for it and no coaches to run it. Their next 2 seasons made Meyer quit.

3. Replacing Fitz with Key may make people feel better - but it's about like choosing between Mike Henig and Kyle York (no offense to either guy). Neither choice - in this offense - is going to work and either choice will piss everyone off when it fails again.

4. Joe Moorhead needs to be fired. I'm someone who believes in stability and consistency and giving people opportunities to show what they can do. Moorhead has shown himself to have created a train wreck of an offense and has turned an adequate run-first QB into a total shit show.

5. The offensive regression is on the coaches. Period.

6. Bob Shoop owes MSU a career saving "Thank You" for gifting him this defense. By not royally ****ing it up he has proven to be a better coach than Joe Moorhead.

7. Bourbon dulls the pain, typically increases the temper.

I hope this team doesn't quit, but we all see the writing on the wall. Support our guys - but turn the heat up on the guy in charge.

Could be the BEST post ever. Just saying.

Coursesuper
10-20-2018, 11:25 PM
But it also reflects badly on the IB if he fires him after one year. He can't admit he made a mistake like that. I'm afraid Cohen has tied his fate with Moorhead.

Let’s just say that he doesn’t have a bunch of support from the older money guys.

Dawgfan77
10-20-2018, 11:27 PM
He also hired Cann and walked away from that.
Firing the wrong guy and then going out and hiring a proven HC is a redemption story

Seth Litrell
Bill Clark
Josh Hepul
Scott Saterfield
Neal Brown
Luke Fickel

TrapGame
10-20-2018, 11:28 PM
Let’s just say that he doesn’t have a bunch of support from the older money guys.

Oh, I'm sure the cigar boys are giving IB and Keenum an ear full.

CJDAWG85
10-20-2018, 11:29 PM
It’s very hard for a QB to get a rhythm when he can’t trust anyone to catch the ball. Fitz struggled tonight, but he literally got no help. Firing JoMo is not the answer right now.

Coursesuper
10-20-2018, 11:32 PM
Oh, I'm sure the cigar boys are giving IB and Keenum an ear full.

Mark has played this one really well, this hire is on Cohen. Mark didn’t want his ass in the ad seat to begin with so this shat storm is on Cohen and those that put him where he sits now.

TrapGame
10-20-2018, 11:35 PM
It’s very hard for a QB to get a rhythm when he can’t trust anyone to catch the ball. Fitz struggled tonight, but he literally got no help. Firing JoMo is not the answer right now.

Fitz missed two wide open receivers b/c he was staring his man down. And Quidry was separated from Greedy and should have been hit in stride for a td. Fitz launched a intercontinental ballistic missile over his head.

Really Clark?
10-20-2018, 11:36 PM
He also hired Cann and walked away from that.
Firing the wrong guy and then going out and hiring a proven HC is a redemption story

Seth Litrell
Bill Clark
Josh Hepul
Scott Saterfield
Neal Brown
Luke Fickel

You never hire a guy like Hepul after one season of taking over a very successful program. You have to see if he can run a program at a lower tier program for multiple years. Same for Fickell, needs more time. 3 years at a min, preferably 4-5. Successful coordinators at big programs have as good if not better track record of success so it’s still really a crap shoot.

HoopsDawg
10-20-2018, 11:39 PM

We haven't addressed that problem either. No committed WRs that can help next year.

HoopsDawg
10-20-2018, 11:42 PM
Mark has played this one really well, this hire is on Cohen. Mark didn’t want his ass in the ad seat to begin with so this shat storm is on Cohen and those that put him where he sits now.

Cohen went from being fired to being our AD thanks to Nate Lowe and Jack Kruger being good pick ups. Crazy. Courtesy to Joel Coleman for this post.

CJDAWG85
10-20-2018, 11:43 PM
I’m not saying he wasn’t perfect. He was pressing since his catchable passes were dropped. No one takes this into effect. CJM did nothing over 2 weeks to get ready.

Dawgfan77
10-20-2018, 11:44 PM
So what in essanse your saying is the struggles are on offense but we shouldn?t fire the guy in charge of the offense ???
Firing joe is the answer. We are the only school that?s not improving in the Sec out of all the HC hired. Ark can move the ball and they had less talent than we did.

Beaver
You can't say this... "That same got damn genius has ****ed us hard because he left us without QBs that can pass or quality WR. That set up whoever replaced him to fail. No one else runs a system like Mullen"

and this.... "Joe Moorhead needs to be fired. Moorhead has shown himself to have created a train wreck of an offense and has turned an adequate run-first QB into a total shit show."

in the same post.

msstate7
We haven't addressed that problem either. No committed WRs that can help next year.

Well I for one don't see why they aren't lining up to play for Moorhead's electric offense. In sec games, we putting up 9.8 per game... nothing to sneeze at

Coursesuper
10-20-2018, 11:46 PM
Cohen went from being fired to being our AD thanks to Nate Lowe and Jack Kruger being good pick ups. Crazy. Courtesy to Joel Coleman for this post.

That’s true from a certain point of view, but its not exactly how he got the AD gig.

Dawgfan77
10-20-2018, 11:49 PM
Honest question. Why are you against firing him? What has he shown you that leads you to believe he can get the job done?

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 11:49 PM
Been loving State all my life, going to games 55 years of my 63. Seen a lot of bad, good under Tyler (until probation and forfeits), Emory until he ran out of other coaches' player, Jackie (my favorite even with the last bad years), and Dan, except for end of year job searches. Lot of bad coaching and terrible records watched also. Jo is in over his head.

dawgday166
10-20-2018, 11:52 PM
Been loving State all my life, going to games 55 years of my 63. Seen a lot of bad, good under Tyler (until probation and forfeits), Emory until he ran out of other coaches' player, Jackie (my favorite even with the last bad years), and Dan, except for end of year job searches. Lot of bad coaching and terrible records watched also. Jo is in over his head.

No doubt about it IMO. He like a deer in the headlights out there.

BrunswickDawg
10-20-2018, 11:56 PM
You can't say this... "That same got damn genius has ****ed us hard because he left us without QBs that can pass or quality WR. That set up whoever replaced him to fail. No one else runs a system like Mullen"

and this.... "Joe Moorhead needs to be fired. Moorhead has shown himself to have created a train wreck of an offense and has turned an adequate run-first QB into a total shit show."

in the same post.

Yeah, I can. Because I felt like it. As much illogical shit that gets thrown out on this board, i can get some latitude for a minor contradiction

HoopsDawg
10-20-2018, 11:57 PM
No doubt about it IMO. He like a deer in the headlights out there.

He took a 9-4 team with 17 returning starters + Cole, Rivers, Guidry and has run it into the ground in a few short months. He's a pretty good speaker and probably a good dude. But he's not an SEC football head coach. Wrong guy at the worst time in the wrong place. Nice job Cohen.

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 12:07 AM
He took a 9-4 team with 17 returning starters + Cole, Rivers, Guidry and has run it into the ground in a few short months. He's a pretty good speaker and probably a good dude. But he's not an SEC football head coach. Wrong guy at the worst time in the wrong place. Nice job Cohen.

He was running the equivalent of a high school offense tonight. This from the mind of a two time offensive coach of the year. And from what I heard of the post presser he still doesn't get it. He may be 6'4" but he's in over his head in the SEC.

CJDAWG85
10-21-2018, 12:11 AM
Because you’re 4-3 into the first year. I’m not saying I’m not mad. Most of these people need to chill. I believe CJM doesn’t know how to call plays with Fitz right now. It doesn’t help we have a bunch of hot garbage out at WR and TE.

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 12:16 AM
Because you’re 4-3 into the first year. I’m not saying I’m not mad. Most of these people need to chill. I believe CJM doesn’t know how to call plays with Fitz right now. It doesn’t help we have a bunch of hot garbage out at WR and TE.

Actually Fitz is so bad right now I'm not sure you can call the WRs and TEs hot garbage. The hot garbage is the guy throwing the football right now. When you don't go through your progressions to see you have a man wide ass open like the Grand ****ing Canyon to your left while you stare down the one receiver you hope gets open and you throw it anyway whether he's open or not...that's hot garbage.

Coursesuper
10-21-2018, 12:18 AM

Dumbass take! The receivers aren’t overthrowing and under throwing themselves. The aren’t the ones forcing the ball into coverage after locking into one guy and letting a safety read his eyes. They aren’t the ones trying to make the hero play when a wide open check down will go for 30 in the right flat. That’s on the QB period.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 12:39 AM
Dumbass take! The receivers aren’t overthrowing and under throwing themselves. The aren’t the ones forcing the ball into coverage after locking into one guy and letting a safety read his eyes. They aren’t the ones trying to make the hero play when a wide open check down will go for 30 in the right flat. That’s on the QB period.

Nick didn’t have a problem checking down the last 2 years so what changed? He didn’t have a problem throwing 25+ times a game last year. Heck he had better passing numbers vs Bama than Clemson did in the playoffs last year. Not saying he is a good passing QB but he was very serviceable last year to complement his running.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 12:41 AM
He was running the equivalent of a high school offense tonight. This from the mind of a two time offensive coach of the year. And from what I heard of the post presser he still doesn't get it. He may be 6'4" but he's in over his head in the SEC.

He basically ran the offense that everyone wanted him to tonight except when we were essentially forced to throw. You simply can not get away with being one dimensional in the SEC and have a ton of success in the league.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 12:43 AM
He basically ran the offense that everyone wanted him to tonight except when we were essentially forced to throw. You simply can not get away with being one dimensional in the SEC and have a ton of success in the league.

You're talking about 1 dimensional as in running much more than throwing. He was 1 dimensional in the running game itself ... QB draw up the gut. Maybe and probably Nick was supposed to read and maybe throw it some in those situations. The bottom line tho is Nick wasn't throwing.

Never made LSU defend the width of the field with running the ball. If we run what we did against AU we win going away. Not 1 play run with that motion to the backfield. Everything 3/1 wide with no motion ... just like KY & FL games.

turtlesnacks
10-21-2018, 12:45 AM
if we fire joe moorhead after this season we will be known as a joke of a program. he beat auburn and if he wins the the egg bowl he’s saved himself as far as i’m concerned. we’re stuck with a bad passer, bad wide receivers and bad tight ends so we run the ball like everyone on this board wanted jomo to do. guess what, since we can’t pass the ball we got figured out. so what do we do?

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 12:46 AM
Nick didn’t have a problem checking down the last 2 years so what changed? He didn’t have a problem throwing 25+ times a game last year. Heck he had better passing numbers vs Bama than Clemson did in the playoffs last year. Not saying he is a good passing QB but he was very serviceable last year to complement his running.

My guess is Dan was so paranoid and conservative he drilled into his QB's to hit the checkdown. Remember Dan saying "Chicks dig the checkdown?" Dan probably had a lot fewer progressions.

Last year we didn't really do that much that was worth noting- our best win was over LSU who lost to Troy and we were fortunate to get them at home before the gelled. A&M on the road against a lame duck coach. Kentucky was bad. Arkansas was bad and had a lame duck coach. And then you had the OOC games- Fitz looked really bad against Auburn and Georgia. He did look good against Alabama for the most part- I agree there but that could have been a result of "having a good day" and doesn't really appear to be consistent with his overall performance. Fitz was at what? 55% or something like that with a lot of INT's last year. It's not like he went from Joe Montana to Derrick Taite over night.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 12:52 AM
You're talking about 1 dimensional as in running much more than throwing. He was 1 dimensional in the running game itself ... QB draw up the gut. Maybe and probably Nick was supposed to read and maybe throw it some in those situations. The bottom line tho is Nick wasn't throwing.

Never made LSU defend the width of the field with running the ball. If we run what we did against AU we win going away. Not 1 play run with that motion to the backfield. Everything 3/1 wide with no motion ... just like KY & FL games.

I wonder how much this happens? I bet it happens a lot because I could definitely see Nick being cocky enough to think that he can always make the play. I see your point about the running game.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 12:56 AM
I wonder how much this happens? I bet it happens a lot because I could definitely see Nick being cocky enough to think that he can always make the play. I see your point about the running game.

Or ... his receivers are slow getting into their routes, aren't getting separation quick enough, and pass pro is breaking down. Or maybe he has no confidence in his receivers. I don't know.

I do know if we run exactly what we ran against AU we win by 2 scores probably.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 12:57 AM
My guess is Dan was so paranoid and conservative he drilled into his QB's to hit the checkdown. Remember Dan saying "Chicks dig the checkdown?" Dan probably had a lot fewer progressions.

Last year we didn't really do that much that was worth noting- our best win was over LSU who lost to Troy and we were fortunate to get them at home before the gelled. A&M on the road against a lame duck coach. Kentucky was bad. Arkansas was bad and had a lame duck coach. And then you had the OOC games- Fitz looked really bad against Auburn and Georgia. He did look good against Alabama for the most part- I agree there but that could have been a result of "having a good day" and doesn't really appear to be consistent with his overall performance. Fitz was at what? 55% or something like that with a lot of INT's last year. It's not like he went from Joe Montana to Derrick Taite over night.

We played 4 top 25 passing defenses last year, Bama, Georgia, Auburn and LSU. He was fine in 2 of those 4 passing. Bad vs GA and Auburn in back to back weeks. Yeah he was 55% last year. Like I said, more serviceable last year.

DudyDawg
10-21-2018, 01:00 AM
Fitz plays 3 seasons and is a 5th year senior, proceeds to shit the bed week after week: not on him, needs more time to develop

Suspension isn?t on him either.....

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 01:03 AM

Meaning???

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 01:07 AM
We played 4 top 25 passing defenses last year, Bama, Georgia, Auburn and LSU. He was fine in 2 of those 4 passing. Bad vs GA and Auburn in back to back weeks. Yeah he was 55% last year. Like I said, more serviceable last year.

And we haven't played Texas A&M (11th in pass defense), Arkansas 12th in pass D), Ole Miss (13th in pass D) or La Tech yet this year. It would not surprise me at all if he ends up back near his "norm" of 54-55% by the end of the year.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 01:08 AM

So, we suspended a player for something that wasn't his fault?

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 01:10 AM
So, we suspended a player for something that wasn't his fault?

That was my question too.

Pit Bull
10-21-2018, 01:36 AM
These are our QBs current and incoming.....there is a reason Fitz was only rated a 2 star QB and had offers from only MTSU and Mississippi State. Had Dan decided to stay until the next 3 QBs he had coming up, he would have been very successful to the point of having some more Dak type years where we made top 10 appearances. What Joe does with Key, Mayden, and Shraeder concerns me.....not sure he will coach them up like Dan could.....and that will not only be a problem to us fans, but likely to the mentioned QBs themselves. They all thought Dan was going to be their coach and he would develop them into another Dak. What will happen when these next 3 QBs realize JoMo is not going to make them into a Dak?

Fitz...……...2 Star (can only run well)
Key...….....4 Star (can run and pass well)
Mayden.....4 Star (can run and pass well)
Shraeder...4 Star (can run and pass well)

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 01:40 AM
These are our QBs current and incoming.....there is a reason Fitz was only rated a 2 star QB and had offers from only MTSU and Mississippi State. Had Dan decided to stay until the next 3 QBs he had coming up, he would have been very successful to the point of having some more Dak type years where we made top 10 appearances. What Joe does with Key, Mayden, and Shraeder concerns me.....not sure he will coach them up like Dan could.....and that will not only be a problem to us fans, but likely to the mentioned QBs themselves. They all thought Dan was going to be their coach and he would develop them into another Dak. What will happen when these next 3 QBs realize JoMo is not going to make them into a Dak?

Fitz...……...2 Star (can only run well)
Key...….....4 Star (can run and pass well)
Mayden.....4 Star (can run and pass well)
Shraeder...4 Star (can run and pass well)

Shraeder was recruited by Joe himself which is why some think he may start for us next year. So, I know he didn't think that Dan would be his coach.

BoomBoom
10-21-2018, 01:47 AM

He threw 2 passes on the opening possession....spotting the other team a TD. That is the definition of NOT running the offense everyone else in the world gave Fitz and this team the best chance to succeed.

By now any coach worth a shit would know to have taught Fitz maybe 2 PA pass plays, including that the ball should ne put where only the WR can get it. Drill them dozens of times. Use those 2 plays maybe twice each in the game to keep teams a bit honest. Otherwise run the ball, and be a hell more creative about it than this.

What I saw was a coach that thought the best chance to succeed was to throw when they brought an extra man in the box. He doesn't get it. Sometimes you have to play strength to strength and see who has more fight. Hell the ****ing Gods were even pulling for us for once with a driving rainstorm. And Yankee genius decided he wanted to finesse things rather than man up.

Pit Bull
10-21-2018, 01:52 AM
Shraeder was recruited by Joe himself which is why some think he may start for us next year. So, I know he didn't think that Dan would be his coach.

Correct. My bad. I think Dan was recruiting a QB out of Washington D.C. and JoeMo was recruiting Shraeder while at Penn State. Regardless, I guess my point was how well Dan would have done with the type talent that was about to come in with KT, Mayden, and possibly that D.C QB (who I think was a 4 Star also). Can JoeMo match Dan's ability to develop QBs?....I'm doubting it at the moment just based on Fitz's progression.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 02:15 AM
He threw 2 passes on the opening possession....spotting the other team a TD. That is the definition of NOT running the offense everyone else in the world gave Fitz and this team the best chance to succeed.

By now any coach worth a shit would know to have taught Fitz maybe 2 PA pass plays, including that the ball should ne put where only the WR can get it. Drill them dozens of times. Use those 2 plays maybe twice each in the game to keep teams a bit honest. Otherwise run the ball, and be a hell more creative about it than this.

What I saw was a coach that thought the best chance to succeed was to throw when they brought an extra man in the box. He doesn't get it. Sometimes you have to play strength to strength and see who has more fight. Hell the ****ing Gods were even pulling for us for once with a driving rainstorm. And Yankee genius decided he wanted to finesse things rather than man up.

That first pass was a swing pass to Kylin Hill which we completed for 8 yards. It would have been a first down had we not committed two penalties to start the game. I have no problem throwing on third and 10. Even though it did get intercepted.

We ran the ball 37 times tonight and threw it 24 times. Of those 24- 8 came on our final possession.

Coursesuper
10-21-2018, 08:19 AM
Nick didn?t have a problem checking down the last 2 years so what changed? He didn?t have a problem throwing 25+ times a game last year. Heck he had better passing numbers vs Bama than Clemson did in the playoffs last year. Not saying he is a good passing QB but he was very serviceable last year to complement his running.

This isn?t last year.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 09:03 AM
This isn?t last year.

Right....different coach.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2018, 09:07 AM
Joe needs to be fired tomorrow....the longer you wait the more damage to the program....Hud can see us through this season and give us time to make a good hire

This is where I?m at. Give it to Hud and find a replacement.

hacker
10-21-2018, 09:32 AM
Or ... his receivers are slow getting into their routes, aren't getting separation quick enough, and pass pro is breaking down. Or maybe he has no confidence in his receivers. I don't know.

I do know if we run exactly what we ran against AU we win by 2 scores probably.

It's crazy how much he sucks ass in road games.

HaggardDawg
10-21-2018, 10:20 AM
While we're at it, don't recruit any more highly rated juco WRs with 2 offers. Guidry sucks too

hacker
10-21-2018, 10:24 AM
https://i.imgur.com/0fFED0m.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9BCMCEM.jpg

I'm clinging on to this hope that it's actually Fitz that is the problem rather than coaching. Because if it's coaching that is the problem, it's gonna be years before it gets fixed.

WSOPdawg
10-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Fitz missed two wide open receivers b/c he was staring his man down. And Quidry was separated from Greedy and should have been hit in stride for a td. Fitz launched a intercontinental ballistic missile over his head.

Tua hit the same pass play for a 77-yard TD yesterday. A damn 5th-year senior QB should have made that throw.

Given the team we had coming back this year, I've never been more disappointed with MSU football in my life. Sure I think we'll find a way to 7 wins and land a mediocre bowl, but we've been there and done that so many times in the past that this was our chance to make a push into the upper echelon and Moorhead (and Cohen) have, through being insanely stupid, thrown it all away.

I've grown apathetic to the current situation and am ready for basketball.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 10:26 AM
https://i.imgur.com/0fFED0m.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9BCMCEM.jpg

I'm clinging on to this hope that it's actually Fitz that is the problem rather than coaching. Because if it's coaching that is the problem, it's gonna be years before it gets fixed.

Compare Kentucky and LSU last season to this. Seems that would be the right comparison

hacker
10-21-2018, 10:31 AM
Compare Kentucky and LSU last season to this. Seems that would be the right comparison

Kind of my point. Another common denominator is how bad Fitz has been on the road in his career. Those games were at home last year.

Like I said, I'm clinging on to hope for the best.

Coursesuper
10-21-2018, 10:35 AM
Tua hit the same pass play for a 77-yard TD yesterday. A damn 5th-year senior QB should have made that throw.

Given the team we had coming back this year, I've never been more disappointed with MSU football in my life. Sure I think we'll find a way to 7 wins and land a mediocre bowl, but we've been there and done that so many times in the past that this was our chance to make a push into the upper echelon and Moorhead (and Cohen) have, through being insanely stupid, thrown it all away.

This is a very accurate post! The worst thing about this season is the missed opportunity. Thanks to our “AD” for being the smartest and most arrogant SOB in the room and single handily have us take s seat in the back of the Southeastern Conference bus.

Sacrifice
10-21-2018, 10:36 AM
Cohen will never admit a mistake. Moorehead will get at least 3 yrs. I haven't seen any signs Moorehead will be a great head coach. Mullen wanted to leave so I'm glad he's gone but you could tell his 1st season he was going to be a good coach. He took freakin Tyson Lee and made him a serviceable QB for Gods sake.

BoomBoom
10-21-2018, 10:44 AM
That first pass was a swing pass to Kylin Hill which we completed for 8 yards. It would have been a first down had we not committed two penalties to start the game. I have no problem throwing on third and 10. Even though it did get intercepted.

We ran the ball 37 times tonight and threw it 24 times. Of those 24- 8 came on our final possession.

I absolutley have a problem with Fitz throwing on a traditional drop back pass play against this LSU team on the opening series. THAT is exactly what everyone else knew we had to avoid to have a chance. Run a draw and punt if you have to. Establish the run, even if that means we establish we're going to fail running rather than pass, then you can sprinkle in a PA pass or two. Running and defense wins a lot of games. But it can't if you never give it a chance.

Most teams we play here on out are not going to adjust away from stacking the box, even if we manage to hit a few of those pass plays that Morehead keeps going with. We will win if we can run on them anyway. And we cant do that by giving away downs on incompletions. Run it every got damn play. Use swing passes and other high percentage plays to keep them a little honest.

Doing anything else is square peg round hole bullshit.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-21-2018, 10:44 AM
Because you?re 4-3 into the first year. I?m not saying I?m not mad. Most of these people need to chill. I believe CJM doesn?t know how to call plays with Fitz right now. It doesn?t help we have a bunch of hot garbage out at WR and TE.

It makes me mad the Moorhead refuses to put Key in. I don't give a shit what people say about "Key is not the answer". At the very least give it a try. Maybe there is some intangible that will spark the offense. It is mind numbing to me that we continue to fail drive after drive and Fitz keeps running back onto the field. I have tried to stay positive with Moorhead, and I was not doom and gloom after UK, but this is getting ridiculous.

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2018, 10:55 AM

If you really thought we were going to get a place in the upper echelon the you were deluded from the start. Upper echelon teams do it year after year, and after this year, we were looking at dropping back talent wise to 7-8 wins. That's why so many people were focused on this year being importnant.

What we had was an opportunity for a similar season to 2014. A chance to be given the benefit of the doubt, and a chance to start a new era on the right foot and start a process of building to the next level. That has been rare for us. Every other coach we have had in the last 45 years inherited a shit show. Sometimes they had talent, and could at least make us competitive and competent with the right coach - but typically even that was short lived. That's why this was an important season. Now it appears that that opportunity is gone.

BankerDog
10-21-2018, 10:56 AM
I got crapped on for saying the team wanted KT, but it?s the truth. Don?t believe me? Go scroll through some of the guys ?favorites? on twitter. Fitz has never had the respect of this locker room his entire time at State because of his off the field antics. He doesn?t put in any extra work what so ever.

People bring up completion percentages. We?re comparing a guy who has played in 3 games, one of which was his first real action ever here, and use that to justify him not playing. The guy makes plays and is a leader. The team trust him and it?s time for us to as well.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 11:00 AM
I got crapped on for saying the team wanted KT, but it?s the truth. Don?t believe me? Go scroll through some of the guys ?favorites? on twitter. Fitz has never had the respect of this locker room his entire time at State because of his off the field antics. He doesn?t put in any extra work what so ever.

People bring up completion percentages. We?re comparing a guy who has played in 3 games, one of which was his first real action ever here, and use that to justify him not playing. The guy makes plays and is a leader. The team trust him and it?s time for us to as well.

Fine, so why does the coach have a different opinion as well?

Ari Gold
10-21-2018, 11:20 AM
It makes me mad the Moorhead refuses to put Key in. I don't give a shit what people say about "Key is not the answer". At the very least give it a try. Maybe there is some intangible that will spark the offense. It is mind numbing to me that we continue to fail drive after drive and Fitz keeps running back onto the field. I have tried to stay positive with Moorhead, and I was not doom and gloom after UK, but this is getting ridiculous.

Agree.