PDA

View Full Version : Mullen lost to South Alabama

testuser
10-20-2018, 10:56 PM
At home

msstate7
10-20-2018, 10:57 PM
2 years after he took us to #1 and a NY6 bowl. Moorhead can't hold Mullen's jock

KOdawg1
It's only a matter of time until Moorhead's South Alabama happens. We're croom level bad on offense. I've been denying it for the last few weeks but we downgraded at the coaching position. It's plain as day

Really Clark?
Mullen beat us just a few weeks ago

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 11:00 PM
It's only a matter of time until Moorhead's South Alabama happens. We're croom level bad on offense. I've been denying it for the last few weeks but we downgraded at the coaching position. It's plain as day

In my opinion, it already happened at KY. Not a clue on how to coach in the SEC with a team that beat them 45 - 7 last year and the last 9 of 10.

testuser
10-20-2018, 11:00 PM
2 years after he took us to #1 and a NY6 bowl. Moorhead can't hold Mullen's jock

Overrated team and blown out in the orange bowl

HoopsDawg
10-20-2018, 11:02 PM
At home

W-T-F

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 11:03 PM

Because job search started and not being ready for UM usually started after annual loss to bama.

Liverpooldawg
At home

He did, he also beat LSU, A&M, and Auburn in three straight weeks, all of them in the Top 10 at the time, to get us to #1for the first and only time in our 100+ year history. That's weak enough to hope you weren't shooting with your wrist, not that there is any thing wrong with being limp wristed. .

KOdawg1
Better than this year's team all day any day

msstate7

That '14 team could score more than 7 in 3 of their first 4 sec games.

Liverpooldawg

And don't you wish we were overrated and in that bowl this year. Hilarious.

dawgday166
10-20-2018, 11:05 PM
That '14 team could score more than 7 in 3 of their first 4 sec games.

That team would have chance to win SEC this year. Bama has weaknesses and I think that team could exploit them.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 11:06 PM

Then again, with your post count, you are probabaly over the moon with it. Go home Confederate.

testuser

We were overrated. Just won't get to prove it in the orange bowl. We proved it already.

BuckyIsAB****

And after we hit #1 he put it on cruise control and was looking for a way out. Wasnt prepared at all for the biggest game in school history against an inferior opponent. After losing to Bama the next year he put it on cruise again and cost us another NY6 bowl losing at home to OM.

Spare me the Mullen fest

testuser
Then again, with your post count, you are probabaly over the moon with it. Go home Confederate.

Sorry I don't spend every moment of my life on a message board homer.

msstate7
10-20-2018, 11:07 PM
And after we hit #1 he put it on cruise control and was looking for a way out. Wasnt prepared at all for the biggest game in school history against an inferior opponent. After losing to Bama the next year he put it on cruise again and cost us another NY6 bowl losing at home to OM.

Spare me the Mullen fest

Yeah, we much better off now

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:07 PM

I cant decide who I dislike more, Mullenites or people who think everyone who disagrees with them is a OM troll.

You are both

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 11:09 PM
Because job search started and not being ready for UM usually started after annual loss to bama.

I wish we had him back. Even if he WAS tuned out and job searching, he had us better than we are now. Heck even you thought we would be 7-0 under him right now. At worst, 6-1. Me too. I'll be thrilled with 6-6 now.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:10 PM
Yeah, we much better off now

Nope but I wouldnt take Mullen back for anything. He was never gonna do what had to be done because he thought he was bigger than us

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:11 PM
I wish we had him back. Even if he WAS tuned out and job searching, he had us better than we are now. Heck even you thought we would be 7-0 under him right now. At worst, 6-1. Me too. I'll be thrilled with 6-6 now.

We know. Im sure you kissed his ass on his way out of the stadium after the game the other night too. Ubered him back to the hotel maybe? Probably got out and let him walk over you instead of the puddle in front of the door

Cooterpoot

Trolling ass Mofo

msstate7
Nope but I wouldnt take Mullen back for anything. He was never gonna do what had to be done because he thought he was bigger than us

I don't give a flip about coaches wanting to move on. I much prefer the ones that you have to worry about leaving than the ones you gotta try to figure out how to pay the buyout

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 11:12 PM

Spare me the Mullen fest

If that was his cruise control, I'd take it in a heart beat now. We may not make ANY bowl with what most here considered a can't miss team. If that WAS true, then those blaming Moorehead aren't hitting the target. Who hired him?

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:15 PM
I don't give a flip about coaches wanting to move on. I much prefer the ones that you have to worry about leaving than the ones you gotta try to figure out how to pay the buyout

How quickly you forget all the times Mullen costed us with his same ol bs. Our offense was hot garbage with Russell too lest you forget that. Remember losing to that shitty OM team in 2012 with a better team?

How many times did he lose to a worse OM team than he had? Lets count. 12, 14, 17, 15 (debatable) And lest we forget about the annual tuck your tail between your legs game against Bama. Except the one time he choked it away and started job hunting as soon as he got back in the locker room

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 11:15 PM
We know. Im sure you kissed his ass on his way out of the stadium after the game the other night too. Ubered him back to the hotel maybe? Probably got out and let him walk over you instead of the puddle in front of the door

I can write you off. You obviously prefer where MSU is now. Unreal. I had to edit this, or I might have got banned.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:16 PM
If that was his cruise control, I'd take it in a heart beat now. We may not make ANY bowl with what npmaost here co sidered a can't miss team. If that WAS true, then those blaming Moorehead aren't hitting the target. Who hired him?

If we dont make a bowl I'll never post again, if we do you cant? Fair enough? As bad is it is we are still going to a bowl and if we dont Moorhead will be gone. If hes not gone Cohen will be then the new AD will fire Moorhead.

I'll be good either way

LC Dawg
10-20-2018, 11:17 PM
He did, he also beat LSU, A&M, and Auburn in three straight weeks, all of them in the Top 10 at the time, to get us to #1for the first and only time in our 100+ year history. That's weak enough to hope you weren't shooting with your wrist, not that there is any thing wrong with being limp wristed. .

He did that with the current quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys and leveraged that into recruiting the current group of quarterbacks that can't beat out an 8 completion 4 interception quarterback.
And he had our backup qb woefully unprepared to come in the Egg Bowl last year because he didn't give a **** about our team.

Liverpooldawg
Sorry I don't spend every moment of my life on a message board homer.

Confederate.

BuckyIsAB****
I can write you off. You obviously prefer where MSU is now. Unreal. I had to edit this, or I might have got banned.

Im shaking in my boots. Dont cyber bully me liverpool. Anything but that.

Please spit it out and get banned if it means I dont have to read the same ol junk from week to week about how we dont deserve no better than mighty Dan

msstate7
10-20-2018, 11:18 PM
How quickly you forget all the times Mullen costed us with his same ol bs. Our offense was hot garbage with Russell too lest you forget that. Remember losing to that shitty OM team in 2012 with a better team?

How many times did he lose to a worse OM team than he had? Lets count. 12, 14, 17, 15 (debatable) And lest we forget about the annual tuck your tail between your legs game against Bama. Except the one time he choked it away and started job hunting as soon as he got back in the locker room

You should be happy. We threw out the garbage

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 11:21 PM

I'd take him back right now. I wouldn't want a coach that DIDN'T think he was better than what we have been historically, and now. That poor old whooped down mentality is why we have never been better. You ARE our problem. We need to hire a guy that thinks he is better than us, and do whatever it takes to keep the SOB. We had him, and then our new "AD" didn't do what it takes.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 11:23 PM
Im shaking in my boots. Dont cyber bully me liverpool. Anything but that.

Please spit it out and get banned if it means I dont have to read the same ol junk from week to week about how we dont deserve no better than mighty Dan

Cyber Bully? Hilarious! I haven't sent you a personal message and have no idea who you are. Nor do I care. Grow a pair snowflake.

TimberBeast
10-20-2018, 11:24 PM

What do you mean we threw out the garbage?

Liverpooldawg
He did that with the current quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys and leveraged that into recruiting the current group of quarterbacks that can't beat out an 8 completion 4 interception quarterback.
And he had our backup qb woefully unprepared to come in the Egg Bowl last year because he didn't give a **** about our team.

Who he recruited. And we went 8-4 last year to boot. Mullen gott MSU. We essentially ran him off.

Goldendawg

I never posted we would be 7- 0 with Dan right now. Have not addressed that scenario. Have posted many times how he cost us games when his annual job search began. I agree he would have done much more with this team than Jo. Heck, even his 50th DC hire couldn't have screwed up this D.** This D with Jo's failure to put the O in a position to win is a recipe to lose the entire team pretty quick. JMO.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:26 PM
I'd take him back right now. I wouldn't want a coach that DIDN'T think he was better than what we have been historically, and now. That poor old whooped down mentality is why we have never been better. You ARE our problem. We need to hire a guy that thinks he is better than us, and do whatever it takes to keep the SOB. We had him, and then our new "AD" didn't do what it takes.

Jesus dude. Cohen offered him to stay. Cohen knew he was done after the bama game. After all that is what he did year after year.

We need a guy who wants to be here. Not one who used the school who got his foot in the door and gave him sell out after sell out then bitched about us not showing up to watch the annual shit performance against a bad team at 11 am. GTFO

BuckyIsAB****
Cyber Bully? Hilarious! I haven't sent you a personal message and have no idea who you are. Nor do I care. Grow a pair snowflake.

It was a joke that went completely over your head. Which isnt hard to do because your head is 3 feet up Dan Mullen's ass

msstate7
What do you mean we threw out the garbage?

Mullen gone

LC Dawg

Explain to me what Cohen should have/could have done to keep Mullen.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 11:27 PM
If we dont make a bowl I'll never post again, if we do you cant? Fair enough? As bad is it is we are still going to a bowl and if we dont Moorhead will be gone. If hes not gone Cohen will be then the new AD will fire Moorhead.

I'll be good either way
I am on record as saying we go 6-6 anyway. Why would I do what you want? Laughable! Does your mpMom know you are up this late?

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:27 PM

I dont get it

msstate7
10-20-2018, 11:28 PM
I dont get it

Mullen garbage in your eyes. He's gone. Be happy. Moorhead time

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:28 PM
I am on record as saying we go 6-6 anyway. Why would I do what you want? Laughable! Does your mpMom know you are up this late?

Yea she does. Does Dan need his ass wiped or have you already got that covered? If you thought this team went 6-6 then you are the only one because there is 0 excuses for it.

Or maybe moorhead is over at your house every night staring up at a picture of Dan Mullen in khaki shorts?

TimberBeast
10-20-2018, 11:29 PM
Mullen gone

You do realize we didn?t fire mullen right?

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:29 PM
Mullen garbage in your eyes. He's gone. Be happy. Moorhead time

Was he garbage? No. He did the bare minimum to get by because he knew he could get away with it. Cohen cut it out and he caught the first bus out of here

Commercecomet24
10-20-2018, 11:30 PM
Good grief. I liked Mullen but he didn't want to be here, he's gone and he's not coming back. Get over it, move on.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:31 PM

Careful now, who knows what extent Liverpool would go to to keep Dan the man

msstate7
10-20-2018, 11:32 PM
Good grief. I liked Mullen but he didn't want to be here, he's gone and he's not coming back. Get over it, move on.

Not easy when your trophy wife leaves, and you marry Rosie O'Donnell to replace her

dawgday166
10-20-2018, 11:32 PM

I agree. And we didn't run him off either. The only reason I brought him up was because Fitz would be the 2nd or 3rd best all-around QB in conference right now with Mullen as coach. Mullen wanted out and did have his flaws while here at MSU.

HoopsDawg
10-20-2018, 11:33 PM

Thank you! Why are we still talking about Mullen. He left. It was 100% his decision.

HoopsDawg
10-20-2018, 11:34 PM
Not easy when your trophy wife leaves, and you marry Rosie O'Donnell to replace her

Dog on Slo-mo all u want. Just stop fellating Mullen.

Liverpooldawg

He should have topped what Florida offered by enough to keep him. If we couldn't do that that it should have been made plain that we couldn't afford it, at the time. That has never been done. I'm sure it will be.....now. I'm not sure from stuff I have heard that our baseball coach....excuse me......AD.... wasn't why it happened. My understanding is Mullen thought we were about to run him off. If he read this board I'm sure he had that impression. As for as the hire, I do NOT fault Cohen there. We hired one of the hot names. I ain't ready to run HIM off yet either. We don't have the personnel for his system. Few, if any, coaches can adapt to what they have like Mullen did.

LC Dawg

Especially when your friends won't shut the **** up about how hot your ex is.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 11:35 PM
Thank you! Why are we still talking about Mullen. He left. It was 100% his decision.

No, it wasn't. Mullen was feeling unwarrented pressure.

msstate7
10-20-2018, 11:36 PM

Haha

Goldendawg

Comparing Jo to Rosie right now is an insult to her. I am sure, however that she would show more fire on the sideline than he does when the camera shot cuts to him.

Liverpooldawg

In that case you shouldn't expect them too.

Commercecomet24

Yep. All the hypothetical of "what if" Mullen was still here are ridiculous. The man been trying to leave for the last 3-4 years. It's time we move on, he's just another coach of another team now.

LC Dawg
No, it wasn't. Mullen was feeling unwarrented pressure.

Do you realize you're the only person on this island?

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 11:38 PM
Was he garbage? No. He did the bare minimum to get by because he knew he could get away with it. Cohen cut it out and he caught the first bus out of here

Yep. You freaking nailed that. It's why our minor sport coach AD has to go. Now we are staring Croom in the face again, and he is smiling.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 11:39 PM
Do you realize you're the only person on this island?

Actually I'm not. That's what this board never got.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:46 PM
Dog on Slo-mo all u want. Just stop fellating Mullen.

Thank you

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:49 PM
Yep. You freaking nailed that. It's why our minor sport coach AD has to go. Now we are staring Croom in the face again, and he is smiling.

I nail a lot of things. You miss them because you are too busy stalking Mullen

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:51 PM
Actually I'm not. That's what this board never got.

I think you are full of shit. Mullen felt warranted pressure in 2013 and in 2016 because he was half assing it and underachieving.

Remember 2011 starting off ranked?? Biggest win that year was over wake forest in the bowl game? With a team full of NFL talent on defense?? Sound familiar??? Kinda sounds like Moorhead to me.

2016 after pouting all offseason he loses to south alabama and BYU??? The managers and 4th string long snapper GPA saves us from blowing the bowl streak?? GTFO dude. You are so over the top its hard to believe you actually believe some of this shit

msstate7
10-20-2018, 11:54 PM
I think you are full of shit. Mullen felt warranted pressure in 2013 and in 2016 because he was half assing it and underachieving.

Remember 2011 starting off ranked?? Biggest win that year was over wake forest in the bowl game? With a team full of NFL talent on defense?? Sound familiar??? Kinda sounds like Moorhead to me.

2016 after pouting all offseason he loses to south alabama and BYU??? The managers and 4th string long snapper GPA saves us from blowing the bowl streak?? GTFO dude. You are so over the top its hard to believe you actually believe some of this shit

Sounds bad. Here's million dollar question... are we better off without Mullen?

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 11:57 PM

If you are living the moment of losing to a pretty good LSU team on the road then no. Like I said you can shit on Moorhead all you want, and it is 100 percent warranted but this about Mullen has to stop.

There are 0 excuses as to why this team is 4-3 right now. Moorhead has been bad and Im as mad as anyone so dont jump on that train either. If we go 6-6 we should get rid of him and get someone else.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2018, 12:10 AM
We were overrated. Just won't get to prove it in the orange bowl. We proved it already.

Lol, hilarious. That team won 10.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2018, 12:12 AM
If you are living the moment of losing to a pretty good LSU team on the road then no. Like I said you can shit on Moorhead all you want, and it is 100 percent warranted but this about Mullen has to stop.

There are 0 excuses as to why this team is 4-3 right now. Moorhead has been bad and Im as mad as anyone so dont jump on that train either. If we go 6-6 we should get rid of him and get someone else.
So where are we with even shopping Dan right now? I say undefeated. Until we recognize that we will never get better. If you can't fairly evaluate things, you make bad choices.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2018, 12:16 AM
I nail a lot of things. You miss them because you are too busy stalking Mullen

Nope, realistically commenting on things, as always. I was right about Mullen. The funny thing is I'm probabaly one of the few that ain't wanting to run Moorhead off right now. We may have to down the road, but not yet. It's hard to follow someone who beat the historical average well as Mullen did.

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2018, 12:16 AM
So where are we with even shopping Dan right now? I say undefeated. Until we recognize that we will never get better. If you can't fairly evaluate things, you make bad choices.

Ya know that'd be great if he actually wanted to be here and didnt leave us after he used us. After he tried to leave time and time again.

Dont piss down my back and tell me its raining

HoopsDawg
10-21-2018, 12:17 AM

That's a 2 cent question. It's completely irrelevant. It's the wrong question.

BuckyIsAB****
10-21-2018, 12:19 AM
Nope, realistically commenting on things, as always. I was right about Mullen. The funny thing is I'm probabaly one of the few that ain't wanting to run Moorhead off right now. We may have to down the road, but not yet. It's hard to follow someone who beat the historical average well as Mullen did.

What a great piece of analysis right there. Hindsight is always 20/20. Again go to a UF board or better yet a what did dan mullen eat today for lunch board

msstate7
10-21-2018, 12:22 AM
That's a 2 cent question. It's completely irrelevant. It's the wrong question.

Maybe, but this board sold us the dream that Moorhead was so much better from day 1. It was obviously nonsense. We will struggle to ever get back to the level Mullen had us that never seemed to be good enough to most here

HoopsDawg
10-21-2018, 12:33 AM
Maybe, but this board sold us the dream that Moorhead was so much better from day 1. It was obviously nonsense. We will struggle to ever get back to the level Mullen had us that never seemed to be good enough to most here

It wasn't good enough for you either! Lol

Fans pumping up their new hire? Shocking.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 12:37 AM
It wasn't good enough for you either! Lol

Fans pumping up their new hire? Shocking.

Not sure where you get it wasn't good enough for me. I've said forever that I'm happy with our football program winning 8 a year and contending/semi-contending every 4-5 years. Expecting more than that in the sec west here is unrealistic. Moorhead won't come close to that... he's blown our every 4-5 year contender

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 01:49 AM

Long term- yes.

He didn't want to be here anymore. It is what it is. We probably should have told him to just take the Maryland job in 2015 and we would be MUCH better for it right now.

Even if Joe fails- he's not going to get the long grace period that a Croom or Felker got. 2018 MSU isn't going to let that happen.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 01:51 AM

Actually if we beat La Tech and Arkansas that will be about the same as four of Dan's 9 seasons- and actually technically better than his two worst. The way I see it- we're only a QB away from being what we want to be.

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2018, 08:39 AM

Everyone sold it - not just this board. National media was selling it hard. Almost every article from day 1 said we made one of the best hires in the off season. They all said Dan was a great coach and Joe was possibly the next great coach. Almost every article said we were primed to run what Joe did at PSU. Our school sold it with the dumbass "Moor" campaign. Did you see anyone nationally saying we made a stupid, poor hire that ran an offense that didn't match our personnel?

We all wanted to believe we were better off because Mullen dicked us. Plain and simple.

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2018, 08:43 AM
Actually if we beat La Tech and Arkansas that will be about the same as four of Dan's 9 seasons- and actually technically better than his two worst. The way I see it- we're only a QB away from being what we want to be.

I've been saying that since 1990.

msstate7
10-21-2018, 08:47 AM

Our qb depth chart was thought to be the best it's ever been going into this year. Perhaps the problem is the guy in charge