PDA

View Full Version : Last year half of the conference was looking for a HC, pickings were slim.

Leroy Jenkins
10-20-2018, 10:40 PM
This year no one will be looking to replace a coach, we would have no competition. We just didn't get lucky with the timing.

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 10:43 PM
And many on this board said we made the best hire of many of the other SEC hires.

msstate7
10-20-2018, 10:45 PM
And many on this board said we made the best hire of many of the other SEC hires.

I literally argued with this board all offseason telling them there was no way Moorhead was a better hire than jimbo. There were plenty that argued it haha

Dawgfan77
10-20-2018, 10:50 PM
I think this year would be a good year to hire a HC. Do it now before the program spirals out of control. Joe will never win here.

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 10:50 PM
Some people are great at a job they are doing (OC), but are terrible the next position up the ladder (SEC Head Coach). I think I see an example of it here. Maybe even Baseball Coach to AD.

Bass Chaser
10-20-2018, 10:51 PM
I literally argued with this board all offseason telling them there was no way Moorhead was a better hire than jimbo. There were plenty that argued it haha

You and I both know there was no way in Hell we were hiring an NC caliber head coach.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 10:53 PM

On paper we did, except for Florida. Florida hit a homer while bunting. That's the rub, when you change you ever know for sure. When you have to replace a guy that beat your historical average, you normally don't get one as good. That's just math,

Mobile Bay
10-20-2018, 10:54 PM
You and I both know there was no way in Hell we were hiring an NC caliber head coach.

Gene Chizic is available.

msstate7
10-20-2018, 10:54 PM
Obviously we couldn't get jimbo even if we tried. I'm just talking about this board pimped Moorhead as the crown jewel of all the offseason hires when joe hadn't done anything to warrant that

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 10:55 PM
Some people are great at a job they are doing (OC), but are terrible the next position up the ladder (SEC Head Coach). I think I see an example of it here. Maybe even Baseball Coach to AD.

Baseball coach to AD is an OUTSTANDING example. If we have to fire Joe, someonelse needs to go first.

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 10:56 PM
Gene Chizic is available.

But Cam ain't.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 10:57 PM

We did, but he left us to go to Florida, and that was celebrated here.

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 10:58 PM
Obviously we couldn't get jimbo even if we tried. I'm just talking about this board pimped Moorhead as the crown jewel of all the offseason hires when joe hadn't done anything to warrant that

My memory may be failing me, but didn't Jimbo want the State job and we hired Croom? How ironic now, if so.

msstate7
10-20-2018, 10:59 PM
My memory may be failing me, but didn't Jimbo want the State job and we hired Croom? How ironic now, if so.

That's the rumor. Maybe he'll take it easy on us for letting him get away to FSU instead