10-20-2018, 10:21 PM
D was outstanding, only bright spot of the night

Of the season

Beaver
10-20-2018, 10:22 PM
Ask Vol fans how they felt about Shoop.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-20-2018, 10:22 PM
D gave up 80 yards in the first half. 12 points overall (I do NOT count an int returned to the 2 against the D). Offense did nothing all 2nd half. Our D is the best in the conference, they deserve so much better

VandelayIndustries
10-20-2018, 10:24 PM
Of the season

Sad but true

Bass Chaser
10-20-2018, 10:54 PM
235 yards of total offense.

KOdawg1
10-20-2018, 10:55 PM
Such a shame this great defense will be wasted

Commercecomet24
10-20-2018, 10:57 PM
And everyone was worried about Shoop. Heck even the secondary that everyone was worried about is playing dang good too. The whole defense is fast, agressive and disciplined.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 10:58 PM
Had his boys ready to play!!

The defense was great, as always this year.

ScottH
10-20-2018, 10:59 PM
Shoop > Grantham

Beaver
10-20-2018, 11:01 PM
Seriously, someone tell me why Shoop was so great at PSU, terrible at Tennessee, and great at MSU.

Really Clark?
10-20-2018, 11:05 PM
Seriously, someone tell me why Shoop was so great at PSU, terrible at Tennessee, and great at MSU.

Butch had Tenn at near dumpster fire when he arrived...we have some of the best talent in country on defense and he has been smart enough letting the players make plays

Commercecomet24
10-20-2018, 11:06 PM
Butch had Tenn at near dumpster fire when he arrived...we have some of the best talent in country on defense and he has been smart enough letting the players make plays

This in a nutshell

Beaver
10-20-2018, 11:16 PM

Nope you can't blame Butch. Cause then you have to give credit to Moorhead using that logic. And if you say that Shoop didn't have the talent at UT to run his defense, then I say Moorhead doesn't have the talent at the QB and receiver position to run his offense.

BrunswickDawg
10-20-2018, 11:19 PM
Nope you can't blame Butch. Cause then you have to give credit to Moorhead using that logic. And if you say that Shoop didn't have the talent at UT to run his defense, then I say Moorhead doesn't have the talent at the QB and receiver position to run his offense.

Except that Butch had already been at UT 3 years and built the team that Shoop couldn't do anything with.

Really Clark?
10-20-2018, 11:20 PM

Dude I’m not gonna get into hyperbole. You asked why and that is the reason. Butch had already lost or was about to lose the team and the program had major issues when he came on board at Tenn. He has put skins on the wall with our defensive players and they have bought in.

Beaver
10-20-2018, 11:30 PM
Dude I’m not gonna get into hyperbole. You asked why and that is the reason. Butch had already lost or was about to lose the team and the program had major issues when he came on board at Tenn. He has put skins on the wall with our defensive players and they have bought in.

They went 9-4 Shoop's first year despite having one of the worst defenses in school history. They regressed as a defense from the previous coordinator. Obviously Shoop has proven this season he's a good coordinator. But everyone at UT wanted him gone after his first season there. Obviously we're all disappointed in the offense, but I'm not ready to put all of the blame on Moorhead yet.

Beaver
10-20-2018, 11:31 PM
So is it fair to say Mullen built the offense that Moorhead can't do anything with?

Really Clark?
10-20-2018, 11:49 PM
They went 9-4 Shoop's first year despite having one of the worst defenses in school history. They regressed as a defense from the previous coordinator. Obviously Shoop has proven this season he's a good coordinator. But everyone at UT wanted him gone after his first season there. Obviously we're all disappointed in the offense, but I'm not ready to put all of the blame on Moorhead yet.

So you want to put some of the blame on Shoop? And his defenses were not their worse in history. They were dead last in 2012 in total defense in the conference. You asked a question about a DC who was successful at Vandy, PSU and now here. The outlier is Tenn not the other 3 schools

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 11:57 PM

Talented players with several of this year's team who will be in the NFL next year with at least one Junior among them.

Beaver
10-21-2018, 12:06 AM
So you want to put some of the blame on Shoop? And his defenses were not their worse in history. They were dead last in 2012 in total defense in the conference. You asked a question about a DC who was successful at Vandy, PSU and now here. The outlier is Tenn not the other 3 schools

No, I don't and that my point. Moorhead has been successful everywhere he's been. I don't want to fire him after 7 games like UT fans wanted to fire Shoop. BTW that 2016 defense gave up a school record of 536 yards per game in the SEC. So yes, one of the worst in school history.

Really Clark?
10-21-2018, 12:21 AM
No, I don't and that my point. Moorhead has been successful everywhere he's been. I don't want to fire him after 7 games like UT fans wanted to fire Shoop. BTW that 2016 defense gave up a school record of 536 yards per game in the SEC. So yes, one of the worst in school history.

Show me where I said anything about firing Moorehead. And you didn?t say specifically conference only games you just said historically. And including all games 2012 was worse.

You asked a question of why Shoop was so bad at Tenn but good at PSU and this year. The answer is still the same. Jones was losing the team in 2016 and it became a dumpster fire of a program by the middle of 2017 and he was fired with 2 games left going 0-6 in the SEC. He is a good coordinator and Moorehead is a good OC...he could also be a bad HC or a bad fit for us. It doesn?t have to be mutually exclusive.

Pit Bull
10-21-2018, 05:07 AM
And everyone was worried about Shoop. Heck even the secondary that everyone was worried about is playing dang good too. The whole defense is fast, agressive and disciplined.

Yes....the defensive secondary has really pleasantly surprised me. And overall Shoop has done a pretty good job!

Johnson85
10-21-2018, 07:17 AM
So is it fair to say Mullen built the offense that Moorhead can't do anything with?

Congrats on coming up with a dumber take than the people wanting to fire Moorhead before his first season is up.

dawgday166
10-21-2018, 08:39 AM

I woke up even more pissed off.

I don't care and I give almost every single coach 3 years to get their systems in place. But how can we score 7, 6, and 3 against KY, FL, and LSU when our Oline from last year can be more physical than all 3 of their D lines. That's beyond f***ed up. How can he f*** it up so bad ... I'm still at a loss over it. And it is sucking so bad that our D is playing like it is at the same time.

And how can he not run one play from the AU gameplan last night?? That's beyond stupidity.