PDA

View Full Version : ?KT would not be any better?

chef dixon
10-20-2018, 09:54 PM
Why do so many people say this? This is the dumbest f*cking take I see repeated. Please explain how it can be worse than what we are seeing.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-20-2018, 10:00 PM
I’m all for it, he’s 2-0 as a starter. Might as well play for the future at this point....there’s no way in hell Fitz is the best option for a chance to win. Might as well find out now if aKT is the future or if a freshman needs to start next year...

msstate7
10-20-2018, 10:01 PM
At what point does shrader say the hell with moving several states from home?

TrapGame
10-20-2018, 10:02 PM

Then Joe is really ****ed. That's his starting QB next year.

TrapGame
10-20-2018, 10:04 PM
I can't understand how giving Key a set of plays: three run, two pass w/ the option to keep and run would be any worse than what we have now.

Mobile Bay
10-20-2018, 10:05 PM
It would be hard to be worse than more interceptions than touchdowns. Fitz is trash

LC Dawg
10-20-2018, 10:06 PM
Fitz had 4 completions before the last garbage drive and even had an interception on the garbage drive to give him 4 interceptions. There is not a qb in Mississippi State's history who could not do better. That's how bad it is.

chef dixon
10-20-2018, 10:07 PM
Offensive line was good tonight. Receivers were open on a ton of plays. 3rd pic was a tragedy

Saltydog
10-20-2018, 10:07 PM
some HUGE difference you're going to be disappointed. He's only completed 13/31 for the year. Look at who those passes were against. I do think you have to work him in and see what happens though. It damn sure can't be much worse.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-20-2018, 10:11 PM
I can't understand how giving Key a set of plays: three run, two pass w/ the option to keep and run would be any worse than what we have now.

THe fact is there is not a SINGLE pass play Fitz can execute. The first INT was on Mitchell for not seeing the ball, but Fitz threw 4 INTs after that. He completed 33% of his passes. he missed a wide open TD on his dump off route, instead choosing to throw it to the well covered man he stared down the whole play.

If Fitz A) can't see the field, B) can't go through his reads, C) can't take care of the ball, and D) can't hit the guys when he does throw to an open guy, then how the hell can KT be worse? He'll go 9-20 for 105 yards and 1 int? THAT'S IMPROVEMENT!!! If he goes 0-9 with 3 ints and can't run the ball, then sure Fitz is better. But staying with Fitz is conceedign to mediocrity

DownwardDawg
10-20-2018, 10:26 PM

Nah, he’s grinning. He’s a starting QB in the sec next year.

BhamDawg205
10-21-2018, 12:07 AM
So it took this long... SMFH. All be it WR corps isn't SEC standard. They avg. 2 drops a game, some costly. But the defenders of Fitz have finally saw what many of us saw earlier in the season and last year. Late throws, ankle or 7ft in the air throws, not working through progressions or throwing to the open man. Key MAY NOT be the future, but let that s*** be decided on the field. Some have decided on one game and message board rumours Key isn't better. We've seen enough of this failed marriage. Jo and Fitz are like oil and water. I wasn't on the fire Jo bandwagon, but if he wants to go down with USS Fitz so be it.

CJDAWG85
10-21-2018, 12:15 AM
It doesn’t matter who you put at QB. We don’t have anyone we can trust to catch the football.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-21-2018, 12:20 AM
It doesn’t matter who you put at QB. We don’t have anyone we can trust to catch the football.

Of course it matters. Only 1/5 catchable balls are dropped, so 5 more good passes a game = 4 more completions. Also, a dropped pass is NOT an int, so even if we aren't moving chains at least we aren't giving them the ball with great field position. You're right that the WRs area problem for any QB though

I_Spy
10-21-2018, 12:21 AM
If KT would have come in and not thrown some interceptions, we may have then kept a drive going and the game was winnable like all others, but our coaches do nothing to win them. We know KT can play good pressure football from last year and this was a game to put in the backup. Saying that doesn’t mean I don’t love Nick but Nick did struggle tonight.

Nick did well in our win against auburn. I just want to do or appear like we want to win.

I_Spy
10-21-2018, 12:26 AM
We made it to midfield, may have at least gotten field goal opportunities like the LSU.

Nick is a game winner nobody doubts that but he struggled is all I’m saying and we definitely needed some sort of spark.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 12:31 AM
Allegedly the KT isn't any better narrative is based off of "insider practice reports". I wouldn't be shocked at all if it is simply MSU leaked narrative to try to prevent a QB controversy so that we don't have to bench the SEC all-time leading QB rusher who broke his leg last year.

But the fact of the matter is it has gotten to the point where it feels like we're putting Nick over the program to a degree and that's not fair or right for the team. I'm all for putting KT in and seeing what he can do. If he can't get it done at least we know to go out and try to get a grad transfer for the position.

That said I think Nick will probably start be mostly OK- or at least give off that perception- because we have A&M our toughest defense remaining in Starkville, and then La Tech, and the two worst defenses in the league left. We're not beating Bama anyway so if he looks bad against them it's moot.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 12:33 AM
If KT would have come in and not thrown some interceptions, we may have then kept a drive going and the game was winnable like all others, but our coaches do nothing to win them. We know KT can play good pressure football from last year and this was a game to put in the backup. Saying that doesn’t mean I don’t love Nick but Nick did struggle tonight.

Nick did well in our win against auburn. I just want to do or appear like we want to win.

Nick did well running against Auburn. He had less than 100 yards passing against them. It was by far his best game against a quality opponent this year- but even at that he didn't set the world of fire through the air. We also scored 23 points against them- some of that probably because we broke tendency big time that game.

Pit Bull
10-21-2018, 05:14 AM

I guarantee you many schools are going to come back at him to see if they can sway him away. NCSTATE would worry me if they decided to work on him again.

Bothrops
10-21-2018, 05:56 AM
Of course Key would be a lot better passing if given time. Fitz has unlearned how to throw the football to wide receivers. Key was a qb through HS, so he can do some of this. It may be hard, but not that hard. Now Fitz is still needed due to his running ability, but I would let Key play some next week and most of the LaTech game.

Btw, we beat A&M if we played them last night. Our defense was outstanding and A&M doesn't have an LSU defense.

bulldawg28
10-21-2018, 06:11 AM
Why do so many people say this? This is the dumbest f*cking take I see repeated. Please explain how it can be worse than what we are seeing.

This is the a delusional post. He absolutely would do better. He ary least sees the field and throws to the open man. All of this not picking up the offense is ignorant. I guess people aren't paying attention because Fitz has more interceptions than TDS. That's the definition of not picking up the offense.

Bully13
10-21-2018, 06:14 AM
Crack smoking 4 ints. 200 yds rushing zero TDs. 17 it

Saltydog
10-21-2018, 09:18 AM
receiver in stride...?He consistently was late on throws and under threw his receivers.....Only difference is that he had WR's wide open......You aren't going to get that many times in the SEC......So, play him to get ready for the future but don't play him expecting to see immediately better results because it ain't gonna happen.....

StarkVegasSteve
10-21-2018, 11:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkqPB8YUeDc

The last 15 seconds of this video is where we are in regards to people saying KT won't be better

Sacrifice
10-21-2018, 11:31 AM
At this point you've got to try something different. 8 for 24 59 yards with 4 picks coming off a bye week is is just to glaring a problem. What can it hurt?