PDA

View Full Version : I am not one to make posts like this, but something must be done...

DeviousDawg
10-20-2018, 09:07 PM
I am speechless.

19 pass yards, 4 completions, and 3 interceptions with 4 minutes left in the game.

Mullen found a way to make Fitz successful. This is the worst offensive performance since 3-2, maybe worse.

We have the defense to compete for something big, and our "offensive head coach" has 17ed it up. This is not a wait and see situation, if he is what we thought he was, he would make it work somehow.

I'm on the fire Moorehead train, get rid of him and start over next season, let's not even mention the gigantic egg he is laying on the recruiting trail. I am 17ing disgusted.

I could go on and on but don't even have the energy. 17ing pathetic.

msstate7
10-20-2018, 09:08 PM
Nah brah, Moorhead is an offensive genius. He ain't no country club

Mobile Bay
10-20-2018, 09:08 PM
Cohen ****ed up hiring Dickhead and when he let Henderson go. Cohen and Moorehead need to both go. They are trash.

Magician012
10-20-2018, 09:09 PM
Fitz is trash

Pit Bull
10-20-2018, 09:18 PM
I am speechless.

19 pass yards, 4 completions, and 3 interceptions with 4 minutes left in the game.

Mullen found a way to make Fitz successful. This is the worst offensive performance since 3-2, maybe worse.

We have the defense to compete for something big, and our "offensive head coach" has 17ed it up. This is not a wait and see situation, if he is what we thought he was, he would make it work somehow.

I'm on the fire Moorehead train, get rid of him and start over next season, let's not even mention the gigantic egg he is laying on the recruiting trail. I am 17ing disgusted.

FOUR interceptions....just thought I would update it for you.

Dawgology
10-20-2018, 09:18 PM
Fitz isn’t trash he performed well last year. He hasn’t been coached AT ALL for what Moorhead is trying to do with him. Plus, now that Moorhead has decided to run the ball it’s obvious he doesn’t know how to call the plays for it. Total disaster of a hire.

UMCDawg16
10-20-2018, 09:22 PM
The idiots in this thread are watching a guy throw 4 ints and show a complete lack of the ability to throw the football downfield and are blaming the coach staff. Repeat, you’re blaming the coach on the sideline for missing 5 yard crossing routes and throwing it directly to defenders. LMAO people on this board are like arguing with a brick wall.

Magician012
10-20-2018, 09:26 PM
You’re an idiot

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 09:28 PM
The Starkville economy is about to suffer.

You simply can't make Terrible football hires.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 09:29 PM
The idiots in this thread are watching a guy throw 4 ints and show a complete lack of the ability to throw the football downfield and are blaming the coach staff. Repeat, you’re blaming the coach on the sideline for missing 5 yard crossing routes and throwing it directly to defenders. LMAO people on this board are like arguing with a brick wall.

You realize that about 60% of coaching is player development right?

Meaning, 40% is play calling and the things you see on TV and the other 60% is working with players to make them individually better.

Leroy Jenkins
10-20-2018, 09:30 PM
.... and then he said, "whats your ring size."

https://i.imgur.com/qCbR9GF.jpg

DeviousDawg
10-20-2018, 09:31 PM

Meaning, 40% is play calling and the things you see on TV and the other 60% is working with players to make them individually better.

Bingo

UMCDawg16
10-20-2018, 09:32 PM

So why did Trace McSorley complete around 65% last year with Moorhead and this year barely over 50%? Answer that. You’re deceiving yourself.

Skydawg1
10-20-2018, 09:33 PM
FOUR interceptions....just thought I would update it for you.More INT's than TD's for Shitz.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-20-2018, 09:34 PM
So why did Trace McSorley complete around 65% last year with Moorhead and this year barely over 50%? Answer that. You’re deceiving yourself.

Saquan Barkley

dawgday166
10-20-2018, 09:36 PM

And against OSU he completed 8/23 and 17/29 over 2 years.

Really Clark?
10-20-2018, 09:36 PM

Every passing stat Nick has dropped significantly. The 2 prior years he made improvements. Whether it’s confidence, technique, reads....at some point you have to acknowledge that there is also a significant coaching component to have every measurable stat to decrease that much. Not saying Fitz is not also having issues because he definitely is but when every part of a players stats regress you have a coaching/teaching problem as well.

Dawgology
10-20-2018, 09:38 PM

You’re ignoring the fact that he lost a Heisman player and the level of competition. Look at the actual elite defenses he faced last year and get back to us. Lmao

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 09:40 PM

I don't have a great answer for that other than maybe he was already good before Moorhead arrived or may he had flaws that Moorhead could more easily fix. Idk

Coursesuper
10-20-2018, 09:40 PM
Saquan Barkley

Bingo!!!

Coursesuper
10-20-2018, 09:43 PM
I don't have a great answer for that other than maybe he was already good before Moorhead arrived or may he had flaws that Moorhead could more easily fix. Idk

I do, Saquon, there is a lot more room to throw the ball when you have to play defense against a guy that can hit the home run on any play.

JoseBrown
10-20-2018, 09:43 PM
We should've known when he requested less money if he's hired. That's the dumbest thing a guy could do. Mullen raped us, but coached us to win. I guess you get what you pay for, and we paid shit!

HoopsDawg
10-20-2018, 09:50 PM
There’s no rule that says you can’t fire a coach after 1 year. Especially when Neal Brown is a few hours away.

Dawgfan77
10-20-2018, 09:57 PM

Let?s. Break this down for you.
1. The only defense that joe faced at PSU that?s close to what he faces in the SEC was OSU. His stats. 250 yds of offense...250
2 Fitz regression is just as much on joe and his play calling has no ryme or reason. It?s hit and hope
3. We have scored 3 TDS against the sec this year..3. Ark scored three against Bama. That?s coaching
4. Joe never coached in the south always the northeast. He even said the defense surprised him in he sec.
5. Recruiting has been to say the least...average.
6. We have not gotten better at any position on the offensive side of tie ball. He is responsible for the offense
7. He said it never occurred to him to go the key tonight. That?s indicative that he has no feel for the game

I say these thing to point out the man has no clue on how to run an SEC program. He is taking a winning program and turning it into laughing stock. Ask yourself this if we can?t win this year what makes you think he will ext year
I?d rather start over next year than regress two more years. The school and the community need for us to be good in football it means more than just a game

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 09:59 PM
I am speechless.

We essentially ran an elite coach off. We hired an elite coordinator. We screwed up.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 10:03 PM
There’s no rule that says you can’t fire a coach after 1 year. Especially when Neal Brown is a few hours away.

We can't fire him after one year, NOT with his reputation. We got what we wanted, we deserve it.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-20-2018, 10:04 PM

Hell, Neal Brown got beat by Liberty in his last game.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 10:07 PM
Let?s. Break this down for you.
1. The only defense that joe faced at PSU that?s close to what he faces in the SEC was OSU. His stats. 250 yds of offense...250
2 Fitz regression is just as much on joe and his play calling has no ryme or reason. It?s hit and hope
3. We have scored 3 TDS against the sec this year..3. Ark scored three against Bama. That?s coaching
4. Joe never coached in the south always the northeast. He even said the defense surprised him in he sec.
5. Recruiting has been to say the least...average.
6. We have not gotten better at any position on the offensive side of tie ball. He is responsible for the offense
7. He said it never occurred to him to go the key tonight. That?s indicative that he has no feel for the game

I say these thing to point out the man has no clue on how to run an SEC program. He is taking a winning program and turning it into laughing stock. Ask yourself this if we can?t win this year what makes you think he will ext year
I?d rather start over next year than regress two more years. The school and the community need for us to be good in football it means more than just a game

Because McSorley resembles a QB when properly coached. Fitz needs elite coaching far beyond "proper" coaching to resemble that.

TrapGame
10-20-2018, 10:07 PM
We essentially ran an elite coach off. We hired an elite coordinator. We screwed up.

We didn't run Mullen off. He interviewed for the Miami job in 2010. He was always ready to go elsewhere.

HoopsDawg
10-20-2018, 10:08 PM

Are u a troll or are you mentally slow. We didn't run Mullen off you idiot!! He has been trying to leave for 3 years.

Leroy Jenkins
10-20-2018, 10:10 PM

Fake news. Don wanted out, we offered him a raise to stay.

HoopsDawg
10-20-2018, 10:11 PM
Hell, Neal Brown got beat by Liberty in his last game.

Troy is 3-0 in their conference. 5-2 overall. Beat Nebraska. He's beaten LSU. Liberty is not bad this year.

preachermatt83
10-20-2018, 10:15 PM
OP nailed it.

Dawgfan77
10-20-2018, 10:16 PM
We can't fire him after one year, NOT with his reputation. We got what we wanted, we deserve it.
This is not true. You can and you willl still have people lining up for the job
We had a huge opportunity to hire a sitting group of 6 HC and Cohn went and tried to be the smartest guy in the room. Joe wasn?t on anyone?s radar when we hired him

Neal Brown would be a call
I would give Collins a call
Scott Saterfield
Bill Clark at UAB
Luke Flickel

We can and should expect to do better

HoopsDawg
10-20-2018, 10:19 PM
We had a huge opportunity to hire a sitting group of 6 HC and Cohn went and tried to be the smartest guy in the room. Joe wasn?t on anyone?s radar when we hired him

Scott Saterfield
Bill Clark at UAB
Luke Flickel

Hell, I would take Aranda.

Commercecomet24
10-20-2018, 10:21 PM
Are u a troll or are you mentally slow. We didn't run Mullen off you idiot!! He has been trying to leave for 3 years.

This. Mullen wanted out and got out. He's a good coach though, not elite.

dawgday166
10-20-2018, 10:30 PM

MSU was a stepping stone for Mullen. He wanted out from 2012 and beyond.

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 10:32 PM

Scott Saterfield
Bill Clark at UAB
Luke Flickel

I thought Jo was the smartest guy in the room. Must have been some real brain power at work during the IB/Jo interview.

Pit Bull
10-20-2018, 10:36 PM
This. Mullen wanted out and got out. He's a good coach though, not elite.

We'll never get an elite coach to come to Starkvegas. They all get to pick where they want to go. And most pick more sexy locations than our small lovely village.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2018, 10:42 PM
There?s no rule that says you can?t fire a coach after 1 year. Especially when Neal Brown is a few hours away.

Hell I'd take Bill Clark

Mobile Bay
10-20-2018, 10:43 PM
Troy is 3-0 in their conference. 5-2 overall. Beat Nebraska. He's beaten LSU. Liberty is not bad this year.

Any idiot can beat Nebraska right now.

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 10:45 PM

Does that include Jo?*

Really Clark?
10-20-2018, 10:45 PM

PJ Fleck didn’t

Dawg61
10-20-2018, 11:18 PM
We'll never get an elite coach to come to Starkvegas.

That depends on how high up you wanna sit on your moral horse. We can get an elite coach. They might not have an elite reputation off the field though.

Dawg61
10-20-2018, 11:24 PM
We essentially ran an elite coach off.

Nobody ran Mullen off. He was offered over $5 mill to stay. We gave him everything he ever asked for. More money for assistants, hell we paid Grantham like $1.5 mill. He put his name in the hat for Miami, Maryland, Georgia, Tennessee and obviously Florida. He wanted out of Mississippi once Freeze broke his va6ina in 2014. Saying stuff like we ran him off is why you continue to be the worst poster on this board. You always wait till right after losses to throw shit like this on the board too.

maroonmania
10-20-2018, 11:57 PM
Nobody ran Mullen off. He was offered over $5 mill to stay. We gave him everything he ever asked for. More money for assistants, hell we paid Grantham like $1.5 mill. He put his name in the hat for Miami, Maryland, Georgia, Tennessee and obviously Florida. He wanted out of Mississippi once Freeze broke his va6ina in 2014. Saying stuff like we ran him off is why you continue to be the worst poster on this board. You always wait till right after losses to throw shit like this on the board too.

Exactly, I have no problem with Liver being a Mullen worshipper, but continually trying to claim that we somehow ran Mullen off is just horsecrap and really makes him lose credibility as a poster. Heck, Mullen lost 3 of the last 4 Egg Bowls primarily because he was spending the end of November every year trying to find a different job. The only Egg Bowl he won in his last 4 years was when we were 4-7 and nobody would call him back.

Turfdawg67
10-21-2018, 10:32 AM
Nah brah, Moorhead is an offensive genius. He ain't no country club

How many times can you make the same smartass comments? Forty five thousand times I guess. You've made this site unbearable. How the 17 do I hide this douchebag's comments??

DogsofAnarchy
10-21-2018, 11:06 AM
The idiots in this thread are watching a guy throw 4 ints and show a complete lack of the ability to throw the football downfield and are blaming the coach staff. Repeat, you?re blaming the coach on the sideline for missing 5 yard crossing routes and throwing it directly to defenders. LMAO people on this board are like arguing with a brick wall.

If you can?t tell this is coaching then you?re an idiot.

VandelayIndustries
10-21-2018, 11:07 AM
How many times can you make the same smartass comments? Forty five thousand times I guess. You've made this site unbearable. How the 17 do I hide this douchebag's comments??

Agree. We are all upset but his non stop bitching is awful.

Ari Gold
10-21-2018, 11:15 AM

You can say we made a terrible hire with Moorhead and right now no one would disagree with you.
But saying we RAN off Mullen is flat out ****ing stupid.

S.E.C.FAN 2018
10-21-2018, 11:28 AM
I am speechless.

If Cohen couldn't get anyone better last year with the talent they had coming back, what makes you think he can get any one better. just a thought.

Coursesuper
10-21-2018, 11:39 AM
If Cohen couldn't get anyone better last year with the talent they had coming back, what makes you think he can get any one better. just a thought.

You are stating this like Moorehead was the only guy that would take the job, which is Bullshat. Also who says that Cohen will be the one making the next hire? This cluster17 is 100% on him.

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 11:44 AM

I think saying DM was an elite coach is kind of stretching it, but he did do great things for the MSU football program. If anything ran him off from MSU, then it would be his ego. It was said that he told his initial staff, and also one assistant coach who refused his offer when he was putting his staff together, that we will stay here a few years, take them to a few bowl games, and then move on to a real football school.

yjnkdawg
10-21-2018, 11:47 AM
MSU was a stepping stone for Mullen. He wanted out from 2012 and beyond.

Yep, I agree. He actually had that mindset to leave after a few years, when he first came here. It just took longer than he had thought it would.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-21-2018, 11:50 AM
Delete

DeputyDawg94
10-21-2018, 12:13 PM
I have been on the wait and see what he can do next year train until this game. With the way the O performed I'm square on the "he gotta go" train.

maroonmania
10-21-2018, 12:47 PM
You are stating this like Moorehead was the only guy that would take the job, which is Bullshat. Also who says that Cohen will be the one making the next hire? This cluster17 is 100% on him.

Come on people, whether the Moorhead hire ends up good or not it was applauded from pretty much every corner. Moorhead has been successful everywhere he has been at the college level whether as an assistant (PSU and UCONN) or as a HC (Fordham). Heck, he was national assistant coach of the year twice while at Penn State. There were lots of other good coaches we could have gotten but Cohen at least thought he had a slam dunk with Moorhead. Certainly not looking that way at the moment but apparently Moorhead has never come into a program that didn't have a true QB playing QB in conjunction with having very little talent at the WR position.

Dawgfan77
10-21-2018, 01:03 PM
Croom was applauded as well. Give me the punk prick coach who gets results over the applaued one. I want to win

HoopsDawg
10-21-2018, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't be as mad at Moorhead if he was killing it in recruiting but he's not. It's actually the opposite. We can't even keep a guy like Mingo from going to ole miss and playing for Matt freaking Luke.

Coursesuper
10-21-2018, 01:11 PM
Come on people, whether the Moorhead hire ends up good or not it was applauded from pretty much every corner. Moorhead has been successful everywhere he has been at the college level whether as an assistant (PSU and UCONN) or as a HC (Fordham). Heck, he was national assistant coach of the year twice while at Penn State. There were lots of other good coaches we could have gotten but Cohen at least thought he had a slam dunk with Moorhead. Certainly not looking that way at the moment but apparently Moorhead has never come into a program that didn't have a true QB playing QB in conjunction with having very little talent at the WR position.

Who cares, non of that is relevant now. The “fan media” propaganda and the regional and national media all trumpeted this hire. But that’s means exactly nothing as we stand today. This is a failure so far and I for one see this team at 6-6 at the end of the season if they stay together. Next year is when it will get really rough and crowds will get thinner and thinner.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-21-2018, 01:12 PM

How exactly did we run Mullen off? By what measure is he elite?

TrapGame
10-21-2018, 01:12 PM
Fat Bert was considered a good hire too after his tenure at Wisconsin.

maroonmania
10-21-2018, 10:14 PM
Croom was applauded as well. Give me the punk prick coach who gets results over the applaued one. I want to win

Good grief, we all know exactly why the Croom hire was applauded. Don't bring that crap here. Sly Croom had ZERO accomplishments in college and hadn't even seen a college sideline in like 17 years when we hired him. That was an LT political hire plain and simple. On the other hand, JoMo has only ever coached in college and has won everywhere he's been. On paper, the Moorhead looked like a good one outside of the potential bad cultural fit that he had only coached in the North.