PDA

View Full Version : This same QB killed LSU last year.

Skydawg1
10-20-2018, 09:03 PM
unreal.

msstate7
10-20-2018, 09:09 PM
Amazing how important that head coach position is

defiantdog
10-20-2018, 09:14 PM
LSU is a better team this year. Fitz still cant throw.

msstate7
10-20-2018, 09:15 PM
LSU is a better team this year. Fitz still cant throw.

Mullen beat em again

Matt3467
10-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Mullen beat em again

With a QB that was inept last year. Mullen can put anyone at QB and get something out of them. I'm not on the fire Moorhead wagon until I see what he can do with another QB. Someone that can at least throw an average pass.

dawgday166
10-20-2018, 09:20 PM
With a QB that was inept last year. Mullen can put anyone at QB and get something out of them. I'm not on the fire Moorhead wagon until I see what he can do with another QB. Someone that can at least throw an average pass.

I am on the fire Moorhead wagon now and won't be swayed. ... and I'm usually very patient with new coaches but he is a freaking MORON. He has got every single player on the offensive side of the ball so f***ed up in the head they can't play. Period!!

bulldawg28
10-20-2018, 09:27 PM
He beat them running. He showed up again running tonight but still can't pass.

bulldawg28
10-20-2018, 09:28 PM
I am on the fire Moorhead wagon now and won't be swayed. ... and I'm usually very patient with new coaches but he is a freaking MORON. He has got every single player on the offensive side of the ball so f***ed up in the head they can't play. Period!!

Fitz is being asked top be a Qb, he can't do it

dawgday166
10-20-2018, 09:43 PM
Fitz is being asked top be a Qb, he can't do it

Maybe so but he CAN DO what we did against AU. Why didn't we try that at least a little tonight. LSU did not have to defend the width of the field the whole damn night. That's on the coaching staff.

Really Clark?
10-20-2018, 09:45 PM
He beat them running. He showed up again running tonight but still can't pass.

He threw for 65.2% against LSU last year for 180 yards and 2 TD’s

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 09:46 PM
unreal.

Same QB, LSU is a heck of a lot better.

Doggie_Style
10-20-2018, 09:47 PM

We should fire hime tomorrow and let Hud finish out the year....watch for our recruiting class to start looking elsewhere

bulldawg28
10-20-2018, 09:49 PM
Maybe so but he CAN DO what we did against AU. Why didn't we try that at least a little tonight. LSU did not have to defend the width of the field the whole damn night. That's on the coaching staff.

? He gave Nick ample amounts of times to run tonight. They forced him to pass. You saw the result.

Thick
10-20-2018, 09:51 PM
He threw for 65.2% against LSU last year for 180 yards and 2 TD?s

It?s got everything to do with the offense and the passes he?s being asked to make. Apples vs oranges, but tonight he made 3 bad decisions that resulted in picks. His first pick was on the wr not ?paying attention?.

bulldawg28
10-20-2018, 09:52 PM
He threw for 65.2% against LSU last year for 180 yards and 2 TD’s

LSU was terrible last year with Freshman everywhere. They got better and our Qb focused on his romance life.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-20-2018, 09:52 PM
lol the narrative that "Fitz beat LSU with his legs; he didn't' get worse in the offseason" is ridiculous.

Fitz last year: 15/22, 180 yards, 2 TDs, 0 ints.

Today: 8/24, 59 yards (4 completions and 40 yards were garbage time) and FOUR INTERCEPTIONS. Fitz went from 2-0 TD-int ratio to 0-4. LSU is better this year for sure but there's no denying Fitz has regressed like crazy.

TrapGame
10-20-2018, 09:54 PM

Moorhead came in and did the one thing he shouldn't have. He told the offensive guys to forget everything Mullen and his coaches taught them. He treated them like a room full of rookies that didn't know shit from shinola. For a guy like Fitz that's four years of a system HE KNOWS. He's back to square one learning everything all over again. Bad move Moorhead.

And on the other side of the ball our defense has had so many DCs that they adapt fairly well to another scheme b/c they've seen it all. Mullen had his side of the ball 100% his. You can't ask guys to just forget what they know and start over.

I don't think Joe is really HC material for a P5 program. Cohen jumped the gun trying to be the smartest IB in the room.

Really Clark?
10-20-2018, 09:59 PM
LSU was terrible last year with Freshman everywhere. They got better and our Qb focused on his romance life.

LSU’s passing defense was better last year than they are this year in passing defense

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 10:02 PM

We got worse with about 9 upper class men offensive starters coming back.

Really Clark?
10-20-2018, 10:02 PM
It?s got everything to do with the offense and the passes he?s being asked to make. Apples vs oranges, but tonight he made 3 bad decisions that resulted in picks. His first pick was on the wr not ?paying attention?.

A 30% decrease in completions is not just scheme from last year to this vs LSU. An LSU defense that is actually worse statistically in passing defense so far this year compared to last when we played them.

Thick
10-20-2018, 10:03 PM
Moorhead came in and did the one thing he shouldn't have. He told the offensive guys to forget everything Mullen and his coaches taught them. He treated them like a room full of rookies that didn't know shit from shinola. For a guy like Fitz that's four years of a system HE KNOWS. He's back to square one learning everything all over again. Bad move Moorhead.

And on the other side of the ball our defense has had so many DCs that they adapt fairly well to another scheme b/c they've seen it all. Mullen had his side of the ball 100% his. You can't ask guys to just forget what they know and start over.

I don't think Joe is really HC material for a P5 program. Cohen jumped the gun trying to be the smartest IB in the room.

He missed spring training too. You’re asking a 3k yard rusher to morph into a “good” passer in a new offense (where the coach wants more vertical passes), and he needs to get better coming off a major injury with just fall practice reps under his belt. Plus, he only throws one ball.....and that’s high velocity, no touch. No way in hell Fitz was going to be successful this year unless Hill/Williams got a lot of touches in the running games and passing game. No way!

BeastMan
10-20-2018, 10:06 PM
LSU’s passing defense was better last year than they are this year in passing defense

This is factually incorrect on every level imaginable. LSU has a first round draft pick at corner & safety and the other corner is a future nfl guy. Last year they were decimated on the DL and then had 2 guys get hurt in our game and 1 get ejected. They have a better, deeper DL this year (which is pass rush) and a better secondary. And that’s with the big-time injury

Really Clark?
10-20-2018, 10:10 PM
This is factually incorrect on every level imaginable. LSU has a first round draft pick at corner & safety and the other corner is a future nfl guy. Last year they were decimated on the DL and then had 2 guys get hurt in our game and 1 get ejected. They have a better, deeper DL this year (which is pass rush) and a better secondary. And that’s with the big-time injury

In Aug/Sept they were 7th in the league in passing at 184 yards per game. This year 10th at 230 yards. This OCT so far they are 4th with 192 yards per game. Last year 3rd at 155 yards per game. I am factually correct