PDA

View Full Version : If you?re still blaming

UMCDawg16
10-20-2018, 09:00 PM
This coaching staff, you aren?t paying attention. Nick Fitzgerald is a terrible college QB. His accuracy and decision making is very much subpar. Shocking really. I feel sorry for this team and staff. This is pathetic. Set his ass on the bench. Blaming this coaching staff is lazy and ignorant.

msstate7
10-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Qbr ratings for fitz...
2016 = 77.4 (3rd in sec)
2017 = 78.5 (4th in sec)
2018 = 54.0 (before tonight) (11th in sec)

http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr/_/group/8

What changed?

UMCDawg16
10-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Fitz has always been a running back in the QB position. He had years to learn Mullen’s offense and Mullen did a great job of knowing his limitations and playcalling to suit him. Moorhead hasnt had the 2-3 years of getting to know Fitz’s game that Mullen had, especially with Fitz out in the spring. Fitz has always been very immature, not a good leader and frankly, lazy in preparation. He hasn’t learned this offense and his lack of accuracy and decision making is showing through. You don’t unlearn how to coach football. Moorhead has been great everywhere he’s been. Fitz is just a terrible college QB.

DeviousDawg
10-20-2018, 09:09 PM
This coaching staff, you aren?t paying attention. Nick Fitzgerald is a terrible college QB. His accuracy and decision making is very much subpar. Shocking really. I feel sorry for this team and staff. This is pathetic. Set his ass on the bench. Blaming this coaching staff is lazy and ignorant.

bruh, it's the coaching staff, look at what Fitz did to LSU last year and try again.

Jesus.

DudyDawg
10-20-2018, 09:11 PM
Qbr ratings for fitz...
2016 = 77.4 (3rd in sec)
2017 = 78.5 (4th in sec)
2018 = 54.0 (before tonight) (11th in sec)

http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr/_/group/8

What changed?

Lotta fun preseason

UMCDawg16
10-20-2018, 09:11 PM
bruh, it's the coaching staff, look at what Fitz did to LSU last year and try again.

Jesus.

Are you watching this football game? Holy hell. The guy has regressed as a passer. The guy is lazy and unprepared. Period. Take that shit somewhere else. As I write this he threw his 4th pick. I’m sure that’s on Moorhead too though.

Dawgology
10-20-2018, 09:12 PM

You are a dumbass and completely wrong. Completely.

DeviousDawg
10-20-2018, 09:13 PM
Are you watching this football game? Holy hell. The guy has regressed as a passer. The guy is lazy and unprepared. Period. Take that shit somewhere else. As I write this he threw his 4th pick. I’m sure that’s on Moorhead too though.

And who is the regression on? the coaching staff.

You obviously don't know the first thing about football.

msstate7
10-20-2018, 09:13 PM
Lotta fun preseason

Maybe the water park and being best friends was a DA idea

Dawgology
10-20-2018, 09:14 PM

So putting Fitzgerald in a scheme that he isn’t suited for and will almost guarantee a loss against a decent defense isn’t on the coach??? Ok.....

msudawglb
10-20-2018, 09:17 PM

We had open WRs. Fitz just can?t hit shit. And he can?t go through progressions. Staring down WRs. He?s garbage. And CJM ain?t used to having such a garbage QB.

msstate7
10-20-2018, 09:18 PM
We had open WRs. Fitz just can?t hit shit. And he can?t go through progressions. Staring down WRs. He?s garbage. And CJM ain?t used to having such a garbage QB.

He better get used to having even more of a talent gap going forward. We will be less talented next season

UMCDawg16
10-20-2018, 09:19 PM
If you’re in this thread arguing that Nick Fitzgerald’s inability to complete a forward pass are on the coaching staff you’re fooling yourself. Period. Moorhead didn’t forget how to coach offensive football. McSorley had 65% completions last year under Moorhead. And don’t give me the shit of “that wasn’t in the SEC”. The guy had a terrible injury, had no spring ball, and failed to learn this offense.

Cooterpoot
10-20-2018, 09:20 PM
Who puts his ass in? Who lets him make RPO decisions? These dumb sumbeaches!

TrapGame
10-20-2018, 09:22 PM
Y'all remember Joe saying he told Nick to forget everything Mullen taught him?

It started there. You can't go to a guy that played in a system tailored to him and his skill set and tell him "Forget everything placed into your head the last four years."

And yes, that's on Joe.

Dawgology
If you’re in this thread arguing that Nick Fitzgerald’s inability to complete a forward pass are on the coaching staff you’re fooling yourself. Period. Moorhead didn’t forget how to coach offensive football. McSorley had 65% completions last year under Moorhead. And don’t give me the shit of “that wasn’t in the SEC”. The guy had a terrible injury, had no spring ball, and failed to learn this offense.

One question to settle this: if we still had Mullen what would this teams record be? If the answer is 6-1/7-0 (and it is) then it’s on coaching. Fitz didn’t forget how to throw the ball...the entire offensive side of the ball is completely confused and our talent on offense is being misused and abused in a terrible scheme.

Goldendawg

I saw the film. they had fun at the waterpark. It gets hot on the South Farm in fall practice.

Matt3467
10-20-2018, 09:23 PM

Exactly. Btw McSorley is barely completing over 50% of his passes this year.

UMCDawg16
One question to settle this: if we still had Mullen what would this teams record be? If the answer is 6-1/7-0 (and it is) then it’s on coaching. Fitz didn’t forget how to throw the ball...the entire offensive side of the ball is completely confused and our talent on offense is being misused and abused in a terrible scheme.

To be clear, you’re blaming 4 ints on coaching and playcalling. Let’s be clear here.

dawgday166
One question to settle this: if we still had Mullen what would this teams record be? If the answer is 6-1/7-0 (and it is) then it?s on coaching. Fitz didn?t forget how to throw the ball...the entire offensive side of the ball is completely confused and our talent on offense is being misused and abused in a terrible scheme.

Most likely undefeated. We would've been up 2 TDs at halftime tonight.

Magician012
10-20-2018, 09:24 PM
Agree. Pretty hard to gameplan with a QB that has no idea how to throw a football. He is complete trash. How he starts in ththe SEC is beyond me. It doesn’t take a genius to know when to throw a ball with velocity or to put air under it. Fitz is absolute trash

UMCDawg16

THANK YOU FOR HAVING A BRAIN IN YOUR HEAD. People in this thread are like arguing with my 2 year old.

msstate7

Have you watched a New York Giants' game this year? Barkley made a lot of guys look better than they were at penn st

Goldendawg
He better get used to having even more of a talent gap going forward. We will be less talented next season

No we will get a lot of Fordham transfers and real fast, mean OL from Pa. Hire Woody McCorvey as OC and just let Jo think up a lot of smart stuff and we will be ok.

Dawgology
Good coaches tailor the offense to their talent. Bad coaches try to force their talent into their scheme. JOMo is doing the latter. And when he tries to do the first he doesn’t know how to do it.

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 09:26 PM
Agree. Pretty hard to gameplan with a QB that has no idea how to throw a football. He is complete trash. How he starts in ththe SEC is beyond me. It doesn’t take a genius to know when to throw a ball with velocity or to put air under it. Fitz is absolute trash

Better watch using that "genius" word on this board when speaking about offensive football and all.

deadheaddawg
10-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Mullen is an elite QB coach. One of the very best. He's good enough to make Nick look pretty good.

There are only a few coaches in the country that could have done that, and after Mullen left there was zero chance of us getting one

So anyone that still thinks 10-2 was possible with this team without Mullen is a fool.

That's sucks, but that's life.

I haven't seen anything to make me think it would be any better with KT. Maybe he would be. Even with 7 TDs in the opener he looked awful

Yeah I'd personally try KT at this point, but I won't expect better results.

We just need to grow up as a fanbase and realize this is a team with a great defense and a great running game....but terrible WR and QBs that can't throw. And we play in the SEC

We were never a complete great team. And we were never going to be that.

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 09:27 PM
Good coaches tailor the offense to their talent. Bad coaches try to force their talent into their scheme. JOMo is doing the latter. And when he tries to do the first he doesn’t know how to do it.

Maybe he read some of Croom and Woody's playbooks.

UMCDawg16
10-20-2018, 09:28 PM
Have you watched a New York Giants' game this year? Barkley made a lot of guys look better than they were at penn st

Are you Dense? That’s a rhetorical question. You’re now making an argument that the RB on the field directly made McSorley complete 65%. Lmao. I guess when Saquon was taking a breather he couldn’t complete a pass. Stop deflecting.

UMCDawg16
10-20-2018, 09:29 PM
Mullen is an elite QB coach. One of the very best. He's good enough to make Nick look pretty good.

There are only a few coaches in the country that could have done that, and after Mullen left there was zero chance of us getting one

So anyone that still thinks 10-2 was possible with this team without Mullen is a fool.

I haven't seen anything to make me think it would be any better with KT. Maybe he would be. Even with 7 TDs in the opener he looked awful

We just need to grow up as a fanbase and realize this is a team with a great defense and a great running game....but terrible WR and QBs that can't throw. And we play in the SEC

Please copy this post everywhere and then make a new thread and post this as a topic. People need to see this. There are some really ignorant and dense people here.

Matt3467

Before this game I thought KT wasn't any better either, but now I feel extremely confident KT can throw a better pass.

Coldsleeve Jr.
We have SEC all time leading rusher at QB, an NFL RB, and pretty good OL and Moorhead can't put it together.

Doggie_Style
10-20-2018, 09:31 PM
Good coaches tailor the offense to their talent. Bad coaches try to force their talent into their scheme. JOMo is doing the latter. And when he tries to do the first he doesn?t know how to do it.

But my offense is proven to work! ....Professor Moorhead 2018

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 09:32 PM

I have watched State coaches from Davis through Jo. I know a mess and someone in over his head in these 55 years of observation (1st game attended: State vs Memphis State, 1963). went to a real Championship Game in Atlanta with Jackie. will not see it with Genius Jo.

deadheaddawg
10-20-2018, 09:40 PM
I have watched State coaches from Davis through Jo. I know a mess and someone in over his head in these 55 years of observation (1st game attended: State vs Memphis State, 1963). went to a real Championship Game in Atlanta with Jackie. will not see it with Genius Jo.

I'm 10 years younger, but been a season ticket holder my whole life.

I've seen almost as much as you.

Most people that have watched football as long as we have realize a lot goes into and its almost impossible for a fan not involved in the practices and day to day to know for sure if that would be true halfway through a head coaches very first year, especially in the SEC.

But you obviously have an elite eye for coaching talent. You know more than a lot of people in the business.

So you must be in the business. What school are you an AD for? And why are you watching TV on a Saturday night? Shouldn't you be with whatever school your elite football mind works for?

Maridian Dawg
10-20-2018, 09:40 PM
If Fitz is gonna throw a 2 yard pass at 95mph... I don't know what to say. This is the biggest waste of a defense, a season, and a running game. I feel like Croom would do a better job with this team. Joe can not get his head out of his ass. Holy hell. After Florida, I was mad at people saying they weren't coming to anymore games. Now, I understand. I don't know if I'm gonna go to another game much less watch them. What a waste. Fitz looks like he doesn't give a flying 17 about anything. Ourt defense is playing their hearts out on the other side and we crap the bed on offense. If the staff is smart, they'll change something. All we've heard after a loss is "We're gonna get this thing turned around." Cut the bs. Either do something or leave. Quit wasting our time by screwing everything up.

Gutter Cobreh
10-20-2018, 09:44 PM
We have SEC all time leading rusher at QB, an NFL RB, and pretty good OL and Moorhead can't put it together.

That's the one dimensional offense we saw tonight.

You have to have the other dimension to have a successful offense.

Blame who you want, but we ran the ball like so many argued we should after the KY game and we still ended up with the same result.

NCDawg
10-20-2018, 09:46 PM

I was in Atlanta for the championship game also. Probably the one and only time MS State will ever be there.

UMCDawg16
10-20-2018, 09:49 PM
If Fitz is gonna throw a 2 yard pass at 95mph... I don't know what to say. This is the biggest waste of a defense, a season, and a running game. I feel like Croom would do a better job with this team. Joe can not get his head out of his ass. Holy hell. After Florida, I was mad at people saying they weren't coming to anymore games. Now, I understand. I don't know if I'm gonna go to another game much less watch them. What a waste. Fitz looks like he doesn't give a flying 17 about anything. Ourt defense is playing their hearts out on the other side and we crap the bed on offense. If the staff is smart, they'll change something. All we've heard after a loss is "We're gonna get this thing turned around." Cut the bs. Either do something or leave. Quit wasting our time by screwing everything up.

You started this off saying Fitz was throwing 2 yard passes at 95mph but then proceeded to act as if this is the staff's fault. Fitz is bad. Mullen did a GREAT JOB of masking this flaws.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 09:50 PM

Both are true. Nick sucks as a QUARTERBACK. The previous staff knew that, and could adapt to it. This staff can't. The previous head coach was elite, as far too few of us knew. This guy isn't, yet.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 09:50 PM
That's the one dimensional offense we saw tonight.

You have to have the other dimension to have a successful offense.

Blame who you want, but we ran the ball like so many argued we should after the KY game and we still ended up with the same result.

Yep, but it's not the SAME offense.

HoopsDawg
10-20-2018, 09:51 PM

It can be both. It?s nick and the HC/OC.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2018, 09:57 PM

Yep, Mullen is an elite coach. We had him, and a significant % of our fan base wanted him gone and they got their wish. It's McKeen all over again, except this time we had enough sense not to fire him. Hopefully that cuts the down time in at least half. I won't live to see it, but perhaps my son will. We ARE MSU.