PDA

View Full Version : The Regression Of Fitz Is an Enormous Indictment On This Staff

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 08:32 PM
We used to have a QB that wasn't so good at passing but now we have a running back that is void of confidence or accuracy in passing game.

THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE INDICTMENT ON THIS STAFF

Go back and watch the video from last year. Fitz has regressed and there is no doubt about it and add in KT not being ready and it's a further indictment of terrible coaching.

That is a real issue going forward. If these guys can't develop QBs, then we are 17ed or have to start the grad transfer cycle.

It's an absolute travesty what has happened to Fitz.

I guess you get what you pay for. Heard from a person in the know that Cohen got sticker shock with Schlossnagle as well.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2018, 08:39 PM
It's not a regression as much as it is we're not putting him in a position to succeed....but yeah, the same result ensues....

msstate7
10-20-2018, 08:41 PM
Remember when you guys thought Moorhead was a better hire than jimbo?

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 08:42 PM
It's not a regression as much as it is we're not putting him in a position to succeed....but yeah, the same result ensues....

He's regresses. Looks hesitant when throwing. No throws have conviction.

It's an absolute regression.

Matt3467
10-20-2018, 08:44 PM
I'm sure that injury and missing a lot of practice and a game doesn't factor into his "regression."

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 08:44 PM
Remember when you guys thought Moorhead was a better hire than jimbo?

Yup. It's hard believe a guy progresses this far with so little player development ability.

People will complain about the play calling, but he's just calling what we can execute. Therefore, the bigger issue is: why can we execute so little? Why haven't the QBs improved and instead regressed?

It's a player development problem for me.

Backspin
10-20-2018, 08:45 PM
Fitz has NEVER been a passer...not even under Mullen...he can’t read a defense. Fitz can only see his primary receiver. Mullen couldn’t recruit passingQBs nor receivers. All this while watching a Mississippi boy pick apart Oregon.

DogsofAnarchy
We used to have a QB that wasn't so good at passing but now we have a running back that is void of confidence or accuracy in passing game.

Go back and watch the video from last year. Fitz has regressed and there is no doubt about it and add in KT not being ready and it's a further indictment of terrible coaching.

That is a real issue going forward. If these guys can't develop QBs, then we are 17ed or have to start the grad transfer cycle.

I guess you get what you pay for. Heard from a person in the know that Cohen got sticker shock with Schlossnagle as well.

1. Mullen NEVER had an offense that was this one dimensional.
2. Last time we were this inept was Croom years.
3. Coaching matters. We are coached very poorly.
4. I don?t know how to fix it.

Thick
I could not DISAGREE with you more. First of all, he’s not a real QB. He has never been a good passer. He missed the entire spring to learn the new offense. The problem is really, Fitz is not the QB for this offense bc he’s ONE DIMENSIONAL. To lay this at the staff’s feet is complete bullshit. You can absolutely say that the playcalling is suspect at times, but Fitz is just not a good fit for this offense. Shotgun, you cannot improve a poor passer in fall practice alone, much less over the spring. Kylin Hill not getting touches is all Moorhead, and that I can agree with, but Fitz being a “solid” passer bc of a coaching change was never in the cards.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2018, 08:46 PM
He's regresses. Looks hesitant when throwing. No throws have conviction.

It's an absolute regression.

He looks to be about the same QB as he did against Auburn and Georgia last year.....

msstate7
10-20-2018, 08:47 PM
1. Mullen NEVER had an offense that was this one dimensional.
2. Last time we were this inept was Croom years.
3. Coaching matters. We are coached very poorly.
4. I don?t know how to fix it.

You know how to fix it

UMCDawg16
10-20-2018, 08:47 PM
Disagree. Fitz’s play this season is an indictment on himself. Fitz has always been a running back in the QB position. He had years to learn Mullen’s offense and Mullen did a great job of knowing his limitations and playcalling to suit him. Moorhead hasnt had the 2-3 years of getting to know Fitz’s game that Mullen had. Fitz has always been very immature, not a good leader and frankly, lazy in preparation. He hasn’t learned this offense and his lack of accuracy and decision making is showing through. You don’t unlearn how to coach football. Moorhead has been great everywhere he’s been. Fitz is just a terrible college QB.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2018, 08:48 PM
I could not DISAGREE with you more. First of all, he’s not a real QB. He has never been a good passer. He missed the entire spring to learn the new offense. The problem is really, Fitz is not the QB for this offense bc he’s ONE DIMENSIONAL. To lay this at the staff’s feet is complete bullshit. You can absolutely say that the playcalling is suspect at times, but Fitz is just not a good fit for this offense. Shotgun, you cannot improve a poor passer in fall practice alone, much less over the spring. Kylin Hill not getting touches is all Moorhead, and that I can agree with, but Fitz being a “solid” passer bc of a coaching change was never in the cards.

This^. Fitz is what he is. Yes we can quibble about who, Dan or Joe, would put Fitz in a better position to succeed, but to say he's regressed or somehow missed out on his potential, just isn't fair.

msstate7
He looks to be about the same QB as he did against Auburn and Georgia last year.....

Is he the same qb as vs LSU and Kentucky last season?

UMCDawg16
WELL SAID

ShotgunDawg
Fitz has NEVER been a passer...not even under Mullen...he can’t read a defense. Fitz can only see his primary receiver. Mullen couldn’t recruit passingQBs nor receivers. All this while watching a Mississippi boy pick apart Oregon.

True but Fitz was a better passer under Mullen.

UMCDawg16
10-20-2018, 08:49 PM

Well said. I couldn’t agree with you more.

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 08:49 PM
Bet Jo says all all the right things post-game. Some people can "talk the talk".............

msstate7
10-20-2018, 08:50 PM
True but Fitz was a better passer under Mullen.

Fitz was top 4 in qbr in sec every year under Mullen. Fitz is 11th this season, and will drop after tonight. Fitz has absolutely regressed under this staff

Sacrifice
10-20-2018, 08:52 PM
This looks like a city league offense. I didn't expect Fitz to light it up threw the air but I did expect him to be better throwing it than last year.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 08:52 PM

Thick, I cannot disagree with you more. He was a better passer under Mullen and the idea that KT isn't better than what we are seeing with Fitz is also ridiculous. KT had all Spring.

Something is wrong in the QB room. Maybe it's just a confidence problem but this is not what well coached players look like.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 08:53 PM
Fitz was top 4 in qbr in sec every year under Mullen. Fitz is 11th this season, and will drop after tonight. Fitz has absolutely regressed under this staff

This.

Bitch about play calling all you want, but when the player develop begins to erode, you've got much bigger issues.

DogsofAnarchy
10-20-2018, 08:59 PM
I could not DISAGREE with you more. First of all, he?s not a real QB. He has never been a good passer. He missed the entire spring to learn the new offense. The problem is really, Fitz is not the QB for this offense bc he?s ONE DIMENSIONAL. To lay this at the staff?s feet is complete bullshit. You can absolutely say that the playcalling is suspect at times, but Fitz is just not a good fit for this offense. Shotgun, you cannot improve a poor passer in fall practice alone, much less over the spring. Kylin Hill not getting touches is all Moorhead, and that I can agree with, but Fitz being a ?solid? passer bc of a coaching change was never in the cards.

A good coach will look at his talent and adapt. Hell....we ran a better offense in the Bowl Game and the Head Coach wasn’t even there. So just go back to what we were doing. Damn.

Thick
10-20-2018, 09:08 PM
Thick, I cannot disagree with you more. He was a better passer under Mullen and the idea that KT isn't better than what we are seeing with Fitz is also ridiculous. KT had all Spring.

Something is wrong in the QB room. Maybe it's just a confidence problem but this is not what well coached players look like.

People on this board know my background, and I can absolutely tell you with 1000% confidence that you are FOS! Fitz just threw another interception when he should have run the ball. He makes bad decisions bc he’s trying to do something that he’s incapabale of doing. Moorhead’s offense is COMPLETELY different from Mullen’s. For a poor passing QB, who cannot and never has been able to throw the ball deep or even consistently period to excell in a pass oriented offense (Moorhead philosophy) is asinine. One more thing, Keyteon is struggling to pick up the offense, but fee free to keep running your mouth message board know it all!

BeardoMSU
10-20-2018, 09:11 PM
People on this board know my background, and I can absolutely tell you with 1000% confidence that you are FOS! Fitz just threw another interception when he should have run the ball. He makes bad decisions bc he’s trying to do something that he’s incapabale of doing. Moorhead’s offense is COMPLETELY different from Mullen’s. For a poor passing QB, who cannot and never has been able to throw the ball deep or even consistently period to excell in a pass oriented offense (Moorhead philosophy) is asinine. One more thing, Keyteon is struggling to pick up the offense, but fee free to keep running your mouth message board know it all!

Boom.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/015/878/thatsnoneofmy.jpg

Thick
10-20-2018, 09:11 PM
This just in Fitz throws another interception.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 09:15 PM

And people here know my background as well and I know when I see hesitant throws and no confidence. Perhaps we are just saying the same thing and actually agree.

Don't play the "you know what you're talking about and I don't card" because I'll throw that shit right back at ya.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2018, 09:17 PM
And people here know my background as well

Yeah, an OM graduate and ED spy!**

dawgday166
10-20-2018, 09:18 PM
I could not DISAGREE with you more. First of all, he?s not a real QB. He has never been a good passer. He missed the entire spring to learn the new offense. The problem is really, Fitz is not the QB for this offense bc he?s ONE DIMENSIONAL. To lay this at the staff?s feet is complete bullshit. You can absolutely say that the playcalling is suspect at times, but Fitz is just not a good fit for this offense. Shotgun, you cannot improve a poor passer in fall practice alone, much less over the spring. Kylin Hill not getting touches is all Moorhead, and that I can agree with, but Fitz being a ?solid? passer bc of a coaching change was never in the cards.

Not defending Fitz tonight BUT ... how many empty back sets running a QB draw can we run in 1 night. Moorhead is intent on empty back sets with no motion. If we just run what we did against AU, we probably run for 250 or better tonight.

Moorhead is a Mooron. And I usually give coaches a chance, but he is intent on explosive plays. He cares not one iota for just moving the freaking chains. And there were NO adjustments coming out of half.

The one long run Fitz had was off a zone read .. ran it maybe twice after that for the whole REST of the night.

Thick
10-20-2018, 09:31 PM
And people here know my background as well and I know when I see hesitant throws and no confidence. Perhaps we are just saying the same thing and actually agree.

Don't play the "you know what you're talking about and I don't card" because I'll throw that shit right back at ya.

The difference is I played in it, you were cheering in the stands. I know what goes on in practices, locker rooms, film sessions. You don’t, bc you go by what others tell you. I experienced for 5 years.

Magician012
10-20-2018, 09:33 PM
Shotgun knows absolutely nothing about football. He’s an emotional fan who loves to post his opinion. Nothing wrong with that. But Fitz has been a trash QB ever since he has been here. Dan Mullen hid his deficiencies but Shorgun turns it into Fitz has regressed. No. Fitz has always been shit.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 09:35 PM
The difference is I played in it, you were cheering in the stands. I know what goes on in practices, locker rooms, film sessions. You don’t, bc you go by what others tell you. I experienced for 5 years.

I'm not gonna get in a dick swinging contest with you. I respect your background. I just disagree with you while also having a background that would be credible as well.

msstate7
Shotgun knows absolutely nothing about football. He’s an emotional fan who loves to post his opinion. Nothing wrong with that. But Fitz has been a trash QB ever since he has been here. Dan Mullen hid his deficiencies but Shorgun turns it into Fitz has regressed. No. Fitz has always been shit.
And now Moorhead can't hide those "deficiencies" then. So we downgraded right? In 3 of our 4 sec games, we've scored 7 or less. Offensive guru

Thick
Not defending Fitz tonight BUT ... how many empty back sets running a QB draw can we run in 1 night. Moorhead is intent on empty back sets with no motion. If we just run what we did against AU, we probably run for 250 or better tonight.

Moorhead is a Mooron. And I usually give coaches a chance, but he is intent on explosive plays. He cares not one iota for just moving the freaking chains. And there were NO adjustments coming out of half.

The one long run Fitz had was off a zone read .. ran it maybe twice after that for the whole REST of the night.

The playcalling with certain personnel and formations are still head scratchers. I have no answer for you or anyone else. At this point though, regardless of KT’s understanding of the offense, could he do any worse?

Goldendawg

It's spelled m-o-r-o-n. I beat Jo can spell it. He's worked at Fordham and Penn State.***

UMCDawg16
10-20-2018, 09:36 PM

Please repost this as a topic. WELL SAID.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 09:37 PM

Shotgun knows a decent amount about football, not as much as Thick, but Shotgun knows a good bit about players and evalution. Likely more than Thick.

Magician012
10-20-2018, 09:37 PM
I never said Moorhead was an offensive genius. But Fitz hasn’t regressed. He’s always been a shit passer

Thick
10-20-2018, 09:39 PM
I'm not gonna get in a dick swinging contest with you. I respect your background. I just disagree with you while also having a background that would be credible as well.

Cool, but understand this. We have a QB in the SEC that’s run for over 3k yards. Has ANYBODY EVER talked about him being a “good” passer? He’s one dimensional, and it’s not even debatable.

BuckyIsAB****
10-20-2018, 09:47 PM
He has definitely went backwards. But the main reason is he is being asked to do more than he has ever been asked to do.

justadawg
10-20-2018, 09:47 PM
There's a reason he had ONLY two offers. Middle Tennessee State and MSU. Let that sink in.

Coach007
10-20-2018, 09:53 PM

That's still on Moorhead. If he could not get all of his plays out into this offense, then it's his job to do what's best for the team. You keep what worked and add to that.

Either way its coaching

bulldawg28
10-20-2018, 10:01 PM
That's still on Moorhead. If he could not get all of his plays out into this offense, then it's his job to do what's best for the team. You keep what worked and add to that.

Either way its coaching

What's there to coach when the team takes away the only thing you can do? Keep forcing it? The team is running out of time trying to develop something that isn't there.

dawgday166
10-20-2018, 10:09 PM
The playcalling with certain personnel and formations are still head scratchers. I have no answer for you or anyone else. At this point though, regardless of KT?s understanding of the offense, could he do any worse?

Right now I think there is no choice but to go to Key. Moorhead has destroyed Fitz ... his confidence is shattered.

ETA: What play calling? It seems all this "offensive guru" knew to do was call an empty back set QB draw all night long ... for 2 yds a pop. I felt like I was watching Mullen inside the 10 yd line against Bama.

Coach007
10-20-2018, 10:11 PM
What's there to coach when the team takes away the only thing you can do? Keep forcing it? The team is running out of time trying to develop something that isn't there.

Its coaching.

1- you come into a winning team with 17 returning starters and you keep everything that was working.

2- you add in some.... SOME of your stuff. When they get that,add some more

3- we stomped Auburn. Did you see any of those motion plays? Not 1. Not 1..

4- that he had 2 weeks to work on LSU and we cant score a TD..... that's on his design

dawgday166
10-20-2018, 10:13 PM
Its coaching.

1- you come into a winning team with 17 returning starters and you keep everything that was working.

2- you add in some.... SOME of your stuff. When they get that,add some more

3- we stomped Auburn. Did you see any of those motion plays? Not 1. Not 1..

4- that he had 2 weeks to work on LSU and we cant score a TD..... that's on his design

BING f***ing GO!!!!!

NCDawg
10-20-2018, 10:19 PM

Either way its coaching

You are absolutely correct.

Bothrops
10-20-2018, 11:04 PM

Not really, Fitz was never a passer and Mullen is the best qb guy in the business.

Todd4State
10-21-2018, 12:58 AM

THANK YOU! Someone gets it.