PDA

View Full Version : CBS Is Doing the SEC a Disservice

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 03:31 PM
As we spoke about last week, putting games like Tennessee and Bama on CBS erodes the SEC brand & is a disservice to the entire conference.

Completely ridiculous that this the much of the country's stereotype of our conference.

Also ridiculous that Bama gets to play Tennessee in a non-rivalry game every year.

Brutal, brutal, television.

TrapGame
10-20-2018, 03:40 PM
I'd rather watch mold grow then this total ass whooping.

Commercecomet24
10-20-2018, 03:52 PM
Yeah who wants to watch these blowouts by bama every week? It's boring and outside of Alabama nobody's gonna keep watching these games. They're over before the kickoff

tireddawg
10-20-2018, 03:56 PM
Meh. Tenn was whooping Bama's ass on the reg at one time. It was once a very good rivalry. Its not Bama's fault Tenn has become what they are. Would you rather have them on primetime?

TUSK
10-20-2018, 03:58 PM
Jesus.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 04:08 PM
Jesus.

Just gonna have to agree to disagree. You think Bama is the conference & I think the conference is & can be much greater than you.

TUSK
10-20-2018, 04:20 PM
Just gonna have to agree to disagree. You think Bama is the conference & I think the conference is & can be much greater than you.

I don’t believe limiting the exposure of arguably the greatest dynasty in CFB History simply because they beat the shit outta peeps is a great marketing move.

Would you not want to see Bammer and MSU at prime time? Should that game be relegated to a lesser slot because of Bammer’s success?

Commercecomet24
10-20-2018, 04:28 PM
I don?t believe limiting the exposure of arguably the greatest dynasty in CFB History simply because they beat the shit outta peeps is a great marketing move.

Would you not want to see Bammer and MSU at prime time? Should that game be relegated to a lesser slot because of Bammer?s success?

But nobody's watching after the first quarter. People tune in at the beginning but after first quarter there's no reason to keep watching. If I was a bama fan I would love the exposure too but it's just not fun as a fan. Besides bama would still be on tv somewhere. Just my imo

Heck y'alls fans don't even stay til the end lol

Wade Garrett
10-20-2018, 04:34 PM
Just put them on CBS every week like Norte Dame is on NBC. You can have a 2:30 “SEC game of the week” on SECN

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 04:37 PM
I don’t believe limiting the exposure of arguably the greatest dynasty in CFB History simply because they beat the shit outta peeps is a great marketing move.

Would you not want to see Bammer and MSU at prime time? Should that game be relegated to a lesser slot because of Bammer’s success?

No because Bama vs MSU should be competitive. Bama vs Tennessee was obviously not going to be.

TUSK
10-20-2018, 04:52 PM
No because Bama vs MSU should be competitive. Bama vs Tennessee was obviously not going to be.

If “competitiveness” is a requirement to be on the tube, Bammer would be the least televised team in conference.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2018, 04:55 PM
If “competitiveness” is a requirement to be on the tube, Bammer would be the least televised team in conference.

So what's your point ?

Nobody wants to watch this shit

Mobile Bay
10-20-2018, 05:14 PM

No it isn't. Bama is going to dismantle us just like they have done with everybody else.

Lord McBuckethead
10-20-2018, 05:14 PM
Everyone knew Bama and UT was going to be a terrible game. Let them play 11 on SECn. Might as well put Bama and Charleston Southern on.

It should be the best possible game of the week on the 2:30 CBS. Just a waste of a possible good time I guess.

I mean they could have put MSU and LSU there, but MSU is going to win 38-13.

Turfdawg67
10-20-2018, 05:53 PM
Didn't read the OP's post or the comments... but agreed. The conference has to be more than Bama blowing out other divisional opponents and if you want to showcase the SEC, show some competitive games! Now, I have no clue what the ratings are, so if they're great when UA plays... so be it, I guess.

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 05:55 PM
As we spoke about last week, putting games like Tennessee and Bama on CBS erodes the SEC brand & is a disservice to the entire conference.

Completely ridiculous that this the much of the country's stereotype of our conference.

Also ridiculous that Bama gets to play Tennessee in a non-rivalry game every year.

Brutal, brutal, television.

Alabama has ruined college football. Run to the playoffs is not even interesting in the West or the SEC.

Goldendawg
10-20-2018, 05:59 PM
But nobody's watching after the first quarter. People tune in at the beginning but after first quarter there's no reason to keep watching. If I was a bama fan I would love the exposure too but it's just not fun as a fan. Besides bama would still be on tv somewhere. Just my imo

Heck y'alls fans don't even stay til the end lol

Watching these games on TV is the only way that thousands of bama fans in NE MS ( and don't even know the way to Tuscaloosa) can keep with "their school". More bama stickers on Ms tags in my county than State and UM cars combined. Counted a Ms tagged car with 9 stickers on it this week.