PDA

View Full Version : Norwood, Brassell and the Argonauts on NBCS channel. Kent Austin is HC & GM

CadaverDawg
10-15-2013, 11:42 PM
of the team they are playing...the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

http://www.ticats.ca/page/kent-austin

I'm not going to be watching much of this game, but in the few minutes I've seen, I've already heard several names that I remember recently from the SEC. I just heard the name, Nickoe Thorpe. That guy sounds familiar. Seems he may have played for Auburn recently or somewhere in the SEC.

Anyway, is the CFL becoming more popular? I like the idea of the CFL having a lot of household college names and acting as a D-League for the NFL. Not sure how different their game is though, or if that could even be possible. More football is never a bad thing IMO.

CadaverDawg
10-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Just found this FWTCT article from a few months back discussing Korey Banks' successful CFL career. Pretty impressive.

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2013/7/10/4472624/korey-banks-Mississippi-State-Bulldogs-football-CFL-Grey-Cup-BC-Lions-where-is

CadaverDawg
10-15-2013, 11:49 PM
And this has been your CFL Update of the Decade. Carry on...

deltadawg99
10-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Alonzo Lawrence is also with the Argonauts I believe or at least he was at one time. I'm really glad that Jerious is playing pro ball and seems to be playing well.

I think Barron Simpson played in the CFL until maybe the last year or two.

Barking 13
10-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Alonzo Lawrence is also with the Argonauts I believe or at least he was at one time. I'm really glad that Jerious is playing pro ball and seems to be playing well.

I think Barron Simpson played in the CFL until maybe the last year or two.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while... always liked that dude...

MzTerry
10-16-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm really glad that Jerious is playing pro ball and seems to be playing well.

Yeah, I just checked out Jerious' stats and he is doing pretty well. Averaging about 5.5 a carry and 2 or 3 receptions a game as well.