PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Bayou Tigah Edition

BeastMan
10-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Big game this weekend. I'm hopeful but not confident. I'll probably cook out Saturday night. Also been doing some kayak tinkering so I can get her water ready. I'm building a rolling storage stand so it will be elevated in my garage with a shelf underneath for gear. Then, I can wheel it to my truck bed so loading and unloading in the garage will be a breeze.

BeastMan
10-20-2018, 09:37 AM
We’re headed for the safari in Brandon. Probably eat out there too

parabrave
10-20-2018, 02:46 PM
Gonna go get a nice Porterhouse from Froogles and let it age for the next week then grill it. Should be nice and Tender then. If you live in the Gulfport Area Froogles has great Meat section. Wayne Lees on Telephone Road in Pascagoula has a great meat section also.

BeastMan
10-20-2018, 06:03 PM
Just carved pumpkins with the kids, throwing burgers on the grill, and about to kickoff

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2018, 11:22 AM
Went to my sons' last marching band competition in the afternoon. So to have easy food for the game I made a fresh shrimp and lump crab meat gumbo in the crock pot. Turned out to be the highlight of the day.

parabrave
10-21-2018, 12:18 PM
Hey Brunswick how much Redfishing do you do up there? I used to go to Fripp Ilse and fish the marsh on the edisto and catch nice sized Reds this time of Year.

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2018, 05:48 PM
Hey Brunswick how much Redfishing do you do up there? I used to go to Fripp Ilse and fish the marsh on the edisto and catch nice sized Reds this time of Year.

No where near as much as I would like. My Dad has an old reliable 17' Winner and I try to get our with him at least once a month. We will be empty nesters next year and I'm hoping my fishing time will increase.

It's been hot until today - so the reds and trout will probably kick up in the next few days as the water temps drop now that lows are getting down into the low 60s.

BeastMan
10-21-2018, 06:54 PM
Salmon for dinner and almost got done building my rolling kayak stand/storage/loader/unloader