PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead Finally Hits His Stride....

Doggie_Style
10-19-2018, 11:26 AM
....Buy or Sell....Moorhead now understands how maximize the potential of this years's team and will find a way to win this weekend in 'Death Valley'.

I say Buy....the off week plus the Auburn game experience will allow our staff to successfully scheme against an LSU team with similar talent levels to us. I look for a close game until Q4 when we pull away from a spent LSU team.

Cooterpoot
10-19-2018, 11:31 AM
I'm going to wait a week before I get into this. This week will show us a lot. AU was better but there were still a lot of issues.

DownwardDawg
10-19-2018, 11:39 AM
I certainly hope so. But being a lifelong Bulldog.............

Jack Lambert
10-19-2018, 11:41 AM
This is going to be a knock down drag it out game where the D line that gets tired first will lose the game. I really like our chances. They have one running back who carries all the load. Their QB is not a running QB. We have three big guys who are use to pounding the ball. We have a more experience O line. We have more deepness in our D Line. The only advantage they have is Home field.

TrapGame
10-19-2018, 11:46 AM
I will slow buy. I like what Getsy said in his interview Wednesday. I think Moorhead and the offensive coaches understand you have to play to your strengths not your weaknesses. I think Moorhead will show a new wrinkle or two in his scheme.

Johnson85
10-19-2018, 12:35 PM
....Buy or Sell....Moorhead now understands how maximize the potential of this years's team and will find a way to win this weekend in 'Death Valley'.

I say Buy....the off week plus the Auburn game experience will allow our staff to successfully scheme against an LSU team with similar talent levels to us. I look for a close game until Q4 when we pull away from a spent LSU team.

Hold. Did we break Auburn? Or did we finish the job that was mostly already completed?

I think we'll know after this weekend. LSU is good, but we should be able to run on them. If we can, we still have winnable games against everybody but A&M. If we can't, probably only moves the needle against A&M, but it's a really bad sign going forward beyond this year.

NCDawg
10-19-2018, 12:52 PM
This is going to be a knock down drag it out game where the D line that gets tired first will lose the game. I really like our chances. They have one running back who carries all the load. Their QB is not a running QB. We have three big guys who are use to pounding the ball. We have a more experience O line. We have more deepness in our D Line. The only advantage they have is Home field.

Think they have 2 pretty good RB's-no. 4 and no. 22. No. 22 is little and very fast-he made some good runs against Georgia.

DawgFromOxford
10-19-2018, 04:08 PM
Sell. I'm still behind Moorhead 100% but I just don't see him hitting his stride yet. We had 2 debatable calls in Auburn that resulted in a 14 point swing in our favor. Not to mention the wide open touchdown they missed (yes I know we got pressure, but any decent QB should've been able to hit that throw). We could have very easily had lost to Auburn instead of winning. Plus the minute I get my hopes back up, the Dawgs crush them. I've been a state fan for far too long to know how this Saturday is going to end. With that said, please make me eat my words Joe Moorhead.

tireddawg
10-19-2018, 04:17 PM

They have the special teams advantage & 2 backs, but agree with everything else.

Todd4State
10-19-2018, 04:47 PM
I'm going to wait a week before I get into this. This week will show us a lot. AU was better but there were still a lot of issues.

This is where I am with Joe right now.

biggun
10-19-2018, 05:35 PM

Nick Brossette starts at RB and usually gets the most carries but Clyde-Edwards Helaire had more carries and yards (145 yards & 2 TD?s) vs Georgia. Both are very good backs.

biggun
10-19-2018, 05:47 PM
Hold: This game is huge for the Moorhead regime, not just him, but the entire staff.

Bodaski
10-19-2018, 06:13 PM
Hold. Did we break Auburn? Or did we finish the job that was mostly already completed?

I think we'll know after this weekend. LSU is good, but we should be able to run on them. If we can, we still have winnable games against everybody but A&M. If we can't, probably only moves the needle against A&M, but it's a really bad sign going forward beyond this year.

I'm thinking LSU is going to load the box with 8-9 players to stop the run and force us to have to throw it. They want to try to make Fitz beat them with his arm because he has not shown the ability to do so. They'll blitz from everywhere to confuse him/Moorhead. Florida did it and we still should have beat them. I think Aranda believes they can cover us in man and I do too because I've not seen any evidence to prove our WR's can beat 1 on 1 match ups. Hopefully, I hope I'm proven to be wrong.

biggun
10-19-2018, 06:24 PM
I'm thinking LSU is going to load the box with 8-9 players to stop the run and force us to have to throw it. They want to try to make Fitz beat them with his arm because he has not shown the ability to do so. They'll blitz from everywhere to confuse him/Moorhead. Florida did it and we still should have beat them. I think Aranda believes they can cover us in man and I do too because I've not seen any evidence to prove our WR's can beat 1 on 1 match ups. Hopefully, I hope I'm proven to be wrong.

Agree 100%. Also, LSU’s secondary is very good, pretty sure they had a CB & safety on ESPN’s mid season All American team. Fitz and our WR’s will have to play their best games so far this season to beat LSU. Have to reduce their numbers in the box

dawgday166
10-19-2018, 06:37 PM
I sure hope JoMo hits his stride. No matter how I cut it ... I can't see us winning and I'm trying hard to. Just don't match up well I don't believe, unless we can run and control clock like against AU. But LSU gonna put 8/9 in box and play man and our receivers ain't gonna see light of day I don't think.

If it was in Vegas I'd think we have a shot. But not in DV.

Doggie_Style
10-19-2018, 06:38 PM
Good lord read these replies....we might as well concede*** I get it but I honestly hope our team has more confidence than our fan base....pre season this was game everyone thought we would win

dawgday166
10-19-2018, 06:42 PM
Good lord read these replies....we might as well concede*** I get it but I honestly hope our team has more confidence than our fan base....pre season this was game everyone thought we would win

I wasn't one that thought it was a sure W. Thought it would be tough. Thought FL would too.

Todd4State
10-19-2018, 06:43 PM

Everybody is going to put 9 in the box against us until Fitzgerald graduates. If we try to throw on them a lot- our coaches are idiots.

I hope our defense worked on defending screens the past two weeks as well.

Todd4State
10-19-2018, 06:44 PM

I suspect LSU wins on a BS deep bomb at some point in the game like how they have won all year long.

Tbonewannabe
10-19-2018, 07:36 PM

We will have 2 WRs, TE, and possibly RB that the defense has to cover. That is why our run game worked vs Auburn. It is the same concept that Mullen uses. If you have everyone in the box then any play can be a TD with zero safety help.

Pit Bull
10-19-2018, 08:32 PM

Im still on hold....need to see a few more games. Now if we were to win this weekend, I will be very encouraged.

NCDawg
10-19-2018, 08:38 PM

I hope you're wrong too. but I doubt if you are. Tennessee W/R's helped their QB a lot last week against Auburn. We need that type of effort out of our W/R's to win.

Cowbell
10-20-2018, 12:33 AM
We will have 2 WRs, TE, and possibly RB that the defense has to cover. That is why our run game worked vs Auburn. It is the same concept that Mullen uses. If you have everyone in the box then any play can be a TD with zero safety help.

This is right on! Some of you guys are just ridiculous in your fears of this LSU defense. You guys forget that Stidham and Franks had better games against this defense than they did against ours. This is not the NE patriots. Sure our wideouts are hard to have confidence in but don?t forget about Mixon! Or Kylin or Aeros out of the backfield. We are gonna have to throw against them and this is not the best defense that fitz has ever faced. The worst thing LSU can do is put 9 in the box consecutively. I hope they try. We are going to establish the run regardless. Dawgs will role if our secondary doesn?t give up more than one deep shot.

Schultzy
10-20-2018, 07:07 AM
Buy - because we now have an identity on offense that matches our personnel. And I believe defenses loading the box will provide opportunities downfield - we won’t drop or overthrow all of them.

If you look at tonight’s game from a purely football perspective without fandom it sure looks like it’s gonna be a damn good game to watch and I bet a lot of ppl around the country will be tuning in for this’s one - it’s the best game in TV tonight for sure.