PDA

View Full Version : Did we lose a big girl in basketball...........

Pit Bull
10-19-2018, 04:18 AM
....was looking at our roster and noticed there was a young lady who was to be a freshman from the coast who is not listed. I think she was a 6'5" highly rated recruit, but can't remember her name. Pretty sure she was from Mississippi. Did she leave?....or go JC?

Leeshouldveflanked
10-19-2018, 05:49 AM
Yes 6’4” Daphne White las left the team as well as Guard Iggy Allen.... unless he gets a waiver for the UConn transfer, he will have a short bench...

Hambone
10-19-2018, 05:49 AM
Yes she left.

AROB44
10-19-2018, 06:48 AM
Wow....what happened?

Tbonewannabe
10-19-2018, 08:07 AM
Wow....what happened?

Someone said she threw temper tantrums in high school all the time. I can't remember who but they said they watched her play a game and get mad and just leave the court. With that kind of attitude, she probably had zero chance playing for Vic.

captaindog
10-19-2018, 08:18 AM
Someone said she threw temper tantrums in high school all the time. I can't remember who but they said they watched her play a game and get mad and just leave the court. With that kind of attitude, she probably had zero chance playing for Vic.

I read that too and always thought she was an odd fit for Coach Schaefer?s team. I understand she is very talented and hope she does well wherever she lands. I also understand that Allen still hadn?t fully recovered from her knee injury.

starkvegasdawg
10-19-2018, 08:35 AM

Yeah, Vic would have broke a foot off in her if she brought that kind of attitude here. If she has talent you take a chance but you cut bait at the first sign of it happening here.

Lance Harbor
10-19-2018, 10:23 AM
White left the team without finishing a semester? Where was Allen on the depth chart?

Yes 6’4” Daphne White las left the team as well as Guard Iggy Allen.... unless he gets a waiver for the UConn transfer, he will have a short bench...

10-19-2018, 10:26 AM
http://www.djournal.com/sports/allen-departs-msu-s-women-s-basketball-program/article_3ee3df51-ed05-5353-8b4c-d669937d4790.html

KOdawg1
10-19-2018, 10:31 AM
Looks like bench depth and 3 pt shooting will be a weakness this year. We'll be solid down low, and like all of Vic's teams, we'll play tough defense, but we're gonna miss the production of Tori, Blair, and Ro from behind the arc. Just is what it is.

I still think we'll make the Sweet 16 though

Uncle Ruckus
10-19-2018, 10:36 AM
It was me. I saw several her throw many fits and watched her ?quit? during the middle of a summer game. Also watched her not dress out for fighting at school. And she didn?t leave the team. She was told her services were no longer needed. She will do well ah MGCC where they will let her do whatever they want with no consequences. It?s a shame too, because other than always being extremely out of shape and walking up and down the court, she was a stud. More of a natural player than McCowan coming out of high school. We saw it take her over a year to learn how to use her body and be a complete player. Daphne was already there, she is a better athlete.

captaindog
10-19-2018, 12:18 PM
Looks like bench depth and 3 pt shooting will be a weakness this year. We'll be solid down low, and like all of Vic's teams, we'll play tough defense, but we're gonna miss the production of Tori, Blair, and Ro from behind the arc. Just is what it is.

I still think we'll make the Sweet 16 though

Coach Schaefer has stated that last year?s team was an oddity in regards to three point shooting so even if we are a decent three point shouting team there will be a drop off. However I think you are correct that it?s certainly not going to be a strength. However I disagree regarding depth. We have the ability to bring some experience and new talent off the bench even if the two transfers aren?t eligible. If they can play we will then be very strong in our depth, especially in the post.

fishwater99
10-19-2018, 12:43 PM

I bet she could Dunk..

oldjoedawg
10-19-2018, 01:28 PM
Watched Coach VS interview yesterday with Andy Landers on WBB SEC media days. Undoubtedly Landers did not know the player had been dismissed from the team...asked C Vic about her and seemed to catch C Vic off guard a bit. His reply to the question was measured....said she was talented, but very raw and could become a good player on down the road....never mentioned that she had been dismissed. Old Andy didn't do his homework before that interview....LOL

MCsMGs
10-19-2018, 02:03 PM
It was me. I saw several her throw many fits and watched her ?quit? during the middle of a summer game. Also watched her not dress out for fighting at school. And she didn?t leave the team. She was told her services were no longer needed. She will do well ah MGCC where they will let her do whatever they want with no consequences. It?s a shame too, because other than always being extremely out of shape and walking up and down the court, she was a stud. More of a natural player than McCowan coming out of high school. We saw it take her over a year to learn how to use her body and be a complete player. Daphne was already there, she is a better athlete.

Yep! Her shenanigans have been well known and documented for quite some time. I was kinda surprised she even committed to Vic...she had to know He would not put up with her s**t. As for Vic, she is too big a talent not to at least give her a chance, but this outcome shouldn't surprise anyone.

Pit Bull
10-19-2018, 08:37 PM
Yeah, Vic would have broke a foot off in her if she brought that kind of attitude here. If she has talent you take a chance but you cut bait at the first sign of it happening here.

Yeah I guess Vic would have had to ended his post game interview with..."Forgive Me Lord and Go Dogs!" had he dealt with her after a tantrum!

Red Sox Dawg
10-19-2018, 09:57 PM
I bet she could Dunk..

Left hand, right hand, and two hand dunks...major hops.**

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-19-2018, 10:37 PM

Interestly enough Myah Taylor threw some fits in high school too but Schaefer was able to tame her I guess

Uncle Ruckus
10-19-2018, 11:28 PM
Jazmun, or however it’s spelled, had issues as well in high school. But I haven’t ever seen anything like Daphne

shannondawg
10-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Many a coach would have just ignored her tantrums, but Vic's squad is strong enough to not have to put up with that and I'm sure he tried to address that with her.

Isn't it amazing that we have these long threads on the Ladies team now. shows what success will do.

Cooterpoot
10-20-2018, 09:45 AM
We didn’t lose anything. She had off court issues too.

WSOPdawg
10-20-2018, 11:46 AM
We didn’t lose anything. She had off court issues too.

Exactly.

captaindog
10-20-2018, 02:47 PM
Exactly.

Playing time was going to be an issue this year especially if Promise Taylor gains eligibility. I was concerned about her ability to be patient and either fight her way into a backup position or wait her turn. It?s very unfortunate that she left as she is incredibly talented player.

Pit Bull
10-20-2018, 03:32 PM
Playing time was going to be an issue this year especially if Promise Taylor gains eligibility. I was concerned about her ability to be patient and either fight her way into a backup position or wait her turn. It?s very unfortunate that she left as she is incredibly talented player.

I see she went JUCO. Maybe she can mature, get her act together, and we can reevaluate her attitude in a couple years....provided she's not in prison.

Pit Bull
10-20-2018, 03:36 PM
Many a coach would have just ignored her tantrums, but Vic's squad is strong enough to not have to put up with that and I'm sure he tried to address that with her.

Isn't it amazing that we have these long threads on the Ladies team now. shows what success will do.

Repeat NC games in any MSU sport and I would be glad to participate in ANY thread miles long!!...LOL!!