PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox!!!!

Pedrioa is King
10-18-2018, 10:50 PM
Mitch Moreland to the World Series.

Todd4State
10-18-2018, 10:51 PM
Going to be interesting to see if the Dodgers win the NL or if Milwaukee holds serve at home.

RougeDawg
10-18-2018, 11:19 PM
Sad to say the umpires once again impacted the game early on. The non strike out to Martinez before the early HR, put pressure on Stros hitters. It shouldn?t come to that but a misse call early in an elimination game impacts a psyche. Umps were unnecessarily noticeable in this series. The best series are when the umpires are hardly noticed.

Tbonewannabe
10-18-2018, 11:24 PM
Sad to say the umpires once again impacted the game early on. The non strike out to Martinez before the early HR, put pressure on Stros hitters. It shouldn?t come to that but a misse call early in an elimination game impacts a psyche. Umps were unnecessarily noticeable in this series. The best series are when the umpires are hardly noticed.

I will say that was a tough pitch to call. We can now tell where it was on TV but the ump has to determine if the slider caught the corner of the strike zone. It wasn't like it split the plate, it was barely a strike so I don't blame the ump for missing that call. It does suck that you can point to an issue like that and it had an impact on the game.

RougeDawg
10-18-2018, 11:29 PM
I will say that was a tough pitch to call. We can now tell where it was on TV but the ump has to determine if the slider caught the corner of the strike zone. It wasn't like it split the plate, it was barely a strike so I don't blame the ump for missing that call. It does suck that you can point to an issue like that and it had an impact on the game.

Barely a strike? It caught more of the plate than 20+ other pitches that were called strike. The pitch fooled the umpire because it backed up. Go back and watch it. The high strikes on Bregman caught 100% less of the plate than that strike. No excuse for an elimination game home plate ump to allow the zone to move around as much as he allowed tonight. I have no issue calling a questionable zone, as long as you call it both ways. Tonight was an example of the zone changing by pitcher. Thus an umpire once again interjecting himself into the outcome.

Skydawg1
10-18-2018, 11:36 PM
Sad to say the umpires once again impacted the game early on. The non strike out to Martinez before the early HR, put pressure on Stros hitters. It shouldn?t come to that but a misse call early in an elimination game impacts a psyche. Umps were unnecessarily noticeable in this series. The best series are when the umpires are hardly noticed.Houston Astros. South Louisiana's Home Team!

Red Sox Dawg
10-19-2018, 08:09 AM
The umpires made bad calls for both teams. The Astros are good, but this year the Red Sox are really good. Nobody likes to lose and the Astros sent us home last year. This team just wanted to return the favor.

For the record, the umps made bad calls for both teams. Cora was tossed in game 1. Hard to really blame losing the series on 2-3 bad calls by the umpires.

Tbonewannabe
10-19-2018, 08:13 AM
Barely a strike? It caught more of the plate than 20+ other pitches that were called strike. The pitch fooled the umpire because it backed up. Go back and watch it. The high strikes on Bregman caught 100% less of the plate than that strike. No excuse for an elimination game home plate ump to allow the zone to move around as much as he allowed tonight. I have no issue calling a questionable zone, as long as you call it both ways. Tonight was an example of the zone changing by pitcher. Thus an umpire once again interjecting himself into the outcome.

It seems like it was a slider that hit the bottom corner of the zone on the screen. With that kind of movement and hitting the corner, I could see getting it wrong. I am not saying the ump did a good job tonight but you obviously had a team you were pulling for. Braves are out of it so I kind of pull for the MSU guys.

Another reason to possibly go towards having balls and strikes not called by an ump behind the plate. Maybe he should call them after he uses technology to see what the pitch was.