PDA

View Full Version : LSU starting new LG Saturday.

TrapGame
10-18-2018, 07:50 PM
Chasen Hines starting at LG. O says he's athletic and physical but he's got a big task ahead of him.

Anybody got any news on this? Could the football gods be giving us another break?

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_212f3a98-d333-11e8-9b4a-7b1879028fee.html

Adrian Magee has started at left tackle in the last two games, but he was replaced by Hines after Georgia recorded a sack on the third play of LSU's 36-16 win last week.

Hines, a 6-foot-4, 336-pound Texas native, will record his first start against one of the better defensive tackles in college football, Jeffery Simmons, a preseason All-American who was named First Team All-SEC last season.
"I think (Hines is) athletic and physical," Orgeron said. "He has a big task ahead of him; Jefferey Simmons is going to be in front of him. I'd better tell you more after the game."

Lord McBuckethead
10-18-2018, 07:52 PM
Time to let Chauncy move inside for the week. Him and Simmons would wreck some stuff.

TrapGame
10-19-2018, 09:38 AM
Bump.

Simmons could be this guy's worst nightmare Saturday night.

Dawg61
10-19-2018, 09:53 AM
Hines played left tackle vs Georgia and is now gonna play left guard vs Simmons? Did I read that correctly? Why wouldn't he play tackle again? That makes no sense.

TrapGame
10-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Hines played left tackle vs Georgia and is now gonna play left guard vs Simmons? Did I read that correctly? Why wouldn't he play tackle again? That makes no sense.

I didn't understand that either. If Georgia was working on that LT enough he had to be replaced you'd think O would keep it that way for us. I wonder if it's a misprint and the writer meant LG not LT.