PDA

View Full Version : Espn Picks

Lord McBuckethead
10-18-2018, 01:54 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25012021/college-football-week-8-game-picks

No way you can get that many people 16 to pick LSU and Michigan without a single person saying the other team can win. Most have Michigan winning by like 3 points.

GreenheadDawg
10-18-2018, 02:07 PM
If you weren’t a fan would you pick us to win? I wouldn’t if you’ve watched any of our games.

Rick Danko
10-18-2018, 02:12 PM
Are you upset they all picked LSU? They are number 5 in country, at home on Saturday night, after just steam rolling the number 3 team in the country. What did you think people were gonna do?

Jack Lambert
10-18-2018, 02:14 PM
If you weren’t a fan would you pick us to win? I wouldn’t if you’ve watched any of our games.

I would because I watch football. I record games and watch them through out the week. Most of those guys only see LSU vs Miss State instantly pick LSU. Never mind we have the number 8 total defense in the country. Never mind we have the number one scoring defense in the country. It doesn't matter LSU does not have this elite offense that runs over every one. If they really watched the games they would probably put some thought into it. They have to score to win and we are not going to put up a goose egg.

TrapGame
10-18-2018, 02:16 PM
I get they think LSU will win but some of those scores are little on the fanboy side. If LSU scores 38 on our defense then we have really shit the bed in DV.

Tbonewannabe
10-18-2018, 02:18 PM
I get they think LSU will win but some of those scores are little on the fanboy side. If LSU scores 38 on our defense then we have really shit the bed in DV.

I think for LSU to score that much our offense is going to have to give them some short fields. UK only scored 28 because of short fields combined with our defense on the field the entire time.

TrapGame
10-18-2018, 02:25 PM
I think for LSU to score that much our offense is going to have to give them some short fields. UK only scored 28 because of short fields combined with our defense on the field the entire time.

Exactly.

One of those score predictions was like 38-28 LSU. Holy Hell! If we can muster up 28 points on LSU's defense running and short passing WE WIN!

Red Sox Dawg
10-18-2018, 02:29 PM
Honestly doesn't surprise me. But I think we have a puncher's chance to go down there and pull the upset.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2018, 02:37 PM
Honestly doesn't surprise me. But I think we have a puncher's chance to go down there and pull the upset.

Just me, but I don't really think it's an upset.

You guys act like we are playing an elite team. It's odd

GreenheadDawg
10-18-2018, 02:42 PM

I don’t think anyone thinks they are an elite team. I think the reason most people think we lose, including me, is they will do everything to stop the run and make us pass. We can’t pass and catch, period. Their DBs can play man and stack the box. 17-10 LSU

TrapGame
10-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Four of the predictions have us scoring 24-28 points on LSU. The way our defense has played this year I don't see LSU scoring 28-30 points to beat us if that's the case.

StarkVegasSteve
10-18-2018, 03:07 PM
Four of the predictions have us scoring 24-28 points on LSU. The way our defense has played this year I don't see LSU scoring 28-30 points to beat us if that's the case.

If we score 21+ we will win. Unless this game just gets weird with us consistently blowing coverage and Burrow having a Joe Montana performance they just don't have the horses to get into a shootout. Now I don't necessarily think we do either, but a shootout might honestly favor us more because if we're in a shootout it means we've been able to establish enough of a passing game to keep them honest.

Covercorner2
10-18-2018, 03:11 PM
Are you upset they all picked LSU? They are number 5 in country, at home on Saturday night, after just steam rolling the number 3 team in the country. What did you think people were gonna do?

They are only 6.5 point favorites...

Red Sox Dawg
10-18-2018, 03:18 PM

I don't think either team is Elite (pun intended). I also think at home, at night, that LSU has the edge. If they slow the run down or stop it we will be hard pressed to come away with a win. Home field advantage in the SEC can sometimes be the catalyst to a win against an otherwise fairly even opponent. I also think LSU has more talent than us, but that's just an opinion.

Dawg61
10-18-2018, 03:21 PM

Nobody thinks we are playing an elite team but technically since they are favored it would be an upset if we beat them. Mullen was like 2-25 in these type games. Maybe Moorhead will be better than Mullen though as Auburn was ranked #8 when we beat them but just like Mullen he's now victim to a ranked team we beat dropping out of the top 25.

Cooterpoot
10-18-2018, 03:27 PM
Most people expect the LSU game to be a tight game. Home field gives them the advantage, nothing else.

Jack Lambert
10-18-2018, 03:31 PM
Most people expect the LSU game to be a tight game. Home field gives them the advantage, nothing else.

and corn dog smell.

Captain Falcon
10-18-2018, 03:37 PM
I don’t have an issue with people picking LSU to win, but those that said it would be 35-28 must not have watched either team play this year. This game has 14-10 or 17-13 written all over it.

TrapGame
10-18-2018, 03:39 PM
I don’t have an issue with people picking LSU to win, but those that said it would be 35-28 must not have watched either team play this year. This game has 14-10 or 17-13 written all over it.

Egg Zackly.

When I see scores like that I question FB IQ. Somebody ain't watching games.

biggun
10-18-2018, 04:18 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25012021/college-football-week-8-game-picks

No way you can get that many people 16 to pick LSU and Michigan without a single person saying the other team can win. Most have Michigan winning by like 3 points.

Teams with a one dimensional offense -on the road, facing a team with a better record and better overall talent are rarely, if ever, predicted to win.

With that being said, if our passing game can execute at a level not yet seen so far this year, in other words, good enough to keep LSU from cramming 8 in the box, we will have an excellent shot at winning in Baton Rouge. But since our passing game has been on a junior high level through the first half of the season, the experts don’t expect much, if any, improvement or enough to knock off the 5th ranked team on the road.

Turfdawg67
10-18-2018, 04:28 PM

They're are higher ranked, favored by Vegas, at home and just beat the sh*t outta UGA... it would be an upset.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2018, 04:55 PM
I don?t think anyone thinks they are an elite team. I think the reason most people think we lose, including me, is they will do everything to stop the run and make us pass. We can?t pass and catch, period. Their DBs can play man and stack the box. 17-10 LSU

I thought Auburn did that

MarketingBully
10-18-2018, 06:06 PM
I think it will be 17-14 or 21-17. Key will be A) can we force them to go for field goals instead of TDs in the red zone, B) will we stay true to the running game, and C) can we pass just enough to keep them honest. I think Guidry will be a big key to this game.

Randolph Dupree
10-18-2018, 06:33 PM
I'm feeling a win and then 10-2. Knock off LSU in DV, Bama at home only to squander our natty because of UK and UF. I know I already posted this in another thread but that's just how our luck works.

MarketingBully
10-18-2018, 07:18 PM
I'm feeling a win and then 10-2. Knock off LSU in DV, Bama at home only to squander our natty because of UK and UF. I know I already posted this in another thread but that's just how our luck works.

We’d be a NY6 team if that happened. I’d take that in a heartbeat.

RougeDawg
10-18-2018, 08:42 PM
I don?t think anyone thinks they are an elite team. I think the reason most people think we lose, including me, is they will do everything to stop the run and make us pass. We can?t pass and catch, period. Their DBs can play man and stack the box. 17-10 LSU

And what exactly was auburn tryin to do when we threw less than a handful of passes in the 2nd half? We lined up, told auburn we were running and tripled their season average rushing given up.

Liverpooldawg
10-18-2018, 08:55 PM

Why in the heck would they pick us? It's #5 LSU, at home, at night, fresh off a really mpressive win.

Dawgology
10-18-2018, 10:49 PM
We are going to get run off the field probably. I’d guess a 3 TD loss or more. I see a final score of 38-10 LSU

RougeDawg
10-18-2018, 11:23 PM

Well let me ask you this? Would you not think one of the pickers would do 5 minutes of research and see what LSU did offensively against auburn and what we did offensively against auburn? Outside of the last drive in Auburn, LSU did not do much on offense. On the other hand, we dictated the game against Auburn. We told them we were running and they had no answer. On top of that Auburn has a better front 7 to stop the run than LSU.

Why is it so difficult for one of these guys who gets paid to study the stats/facts, to do a simple 2+2=4 math problem and see that we have the best chance to beat LSU aside from Bama? It really is not a difficult conclusion to come to. People just let perception get in the way of reality. I am an engineer by trade and facts always trump emotion, because emotion never explains they whys or hows of a fact.

TrapGame
10-19-2018, 08:13 AM
We are going to get run off the field probably. I’d guess a 3 TD loss or more. I see a final score of 38-10 LSU

No, good God no. I couldn't stand the toxicity of this board if that happened. I expect LSU to win but not by more than 10 points. And if we were to win I wouldn't be totally shocked.

Dawgology
10-19-2018, 08:45 AM
No, good God no. I couldn't stand the toxicity of this board if that happened. I expect LSU to win but not by more than 10 points. And if we were to win I wouldn't be totally shocked.

Yeah...but i posted this same thing before the Auburn game. This seemed like my opening to do it again.

Jack Lambert
10-19-2018, 09:07 AM
And what exactly was auburn tryin to do when we threw less than a handful of passes in the 2nd half? We lined up, told auburn we were running and tripled their season average rushing given up.

They have the same defensive line they had last season and we have the same offensive line we had last season and our O Line beat them down.

Tbonewannabe
10-19-2018, 09:07 AM

I would be surprised if LSU scored that much. UK only got to 28 because our punter could only kick it about 25 yards in the rain and the defense played about 40 minutes on short fields all night. I don't think LSU gets more than 21 unless there is defensive or special teams TDs involved.

LSU might force us to prove we can pass but it will be interesting to see what Joe comes up with this week against the 2nd best defense we have left on the schedule.

TrapGame
10-19-2018, 09:36 AM
Yeah...but i posted this same thing before the Auburn game. This seemed like my opening to do it again.

Good, keep it up. I'm going into this game the same way. So, if we are blown out I'm not losing my mind over it.

S.E.C.FAN 2018
10-19-2018, 10:35 AM

After reading through this entire thread I found something that no one mentioned and it is important in favor State. This is a huge sandwich game for LSU . Georgia last week and Alabama up next. This is huge in my opinion. Thoughts.