PDA

View Full Version : New ESPN President say's the network has become too much about Politics

shannondawg
10-18-2018, 07:24 AM
https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/17/espn-fans-politics-jimmy-pitaro/

“What I’ve heard consistently from day one of getting this job is the more we lean into politically charged commentary, the more we are alienating not just our core fan, but our casual fan,” Pitaro told John Ourand of Sports Business Journal Wednesday.
(https://email.causeaction.com/index.php/campaigns/hy045f76qr84e/track-url/nc874vne9m2d5/01079080b445d1fa7250c115a11c214b436d6ace)

Leroy Jenkins
10-18-2018, 07:36 AM
"We need to go back to the days of just talking and watching sports. I don’t tune into ESPN to get a lecture. I can go to a variety of different networks if that’s what I’m looking for. When I’m watching a sports network, I just want to watch highlights of the game. That’s all. I don’t need to hear anything else. I damn sure don’t need ESPN pundits giving me their hot takes about Trump."

Preach....

shannondawg
10-18-2018, 08:12 AM
They can be awful high minded until it comes down to dollars and cents.

AlSwearengen
10-18-2018, 09:04 AM
Well, at least they may not be spreading that bullshit anymore. They can still go 17 themselves.

Lord McBuckethead
10-18-2018, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I wish they would stop all of the constant reporting on players that break the law as well. They should block all items where players are criticizing any politician. Those players can book a spot on CNN or Fox News if that is the message they want to push.

lastmajordog
10-18-2018, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I wish they would stop all of the constant reporting on players that break the law as well. They should block all items where players are criticizing any politician. Those players can book a spot on CNN or Fox News if that is the message they want to push.

actually Fox opinion shows....Fox news is really the only place unfortunately to get “news” that one wouldn’t get anywhere else.....big difference

MaroonFlounder
10-18-2018, 05:26 PM
I had the nerve on this forum to say ESPN was getting too political several months ago and was told to go F myself.

The truth hurts.

Dawg61
10-18-2018, 10:44 PM
actually Fox opinion shows....Fox news is really the only place unfortunately to get “news” that one wouldn’t get anywhere else.....big difference

Fox News is total dogshit.

ScoobaDawg
10-18-2018, 11:59 PM

Great post. Very informative. I learned a lot.

Dawg61
10-19-2018, 12:08 AM

More than you would watching Fox News.

TUSK
10-19-2018, 12:20 AM
nb4thelock

Leeshouldveflanked
10-19-2018, 06:14 AM
So Dawg61, what do you watch for news? TBH I watch mostly Fox Business, Twitter, Drudge and turn it to Fox and Friends to see what Ainsley is wearing for a few minutes...

TALL DAWG
10-19-2018, 06:37 AM
So Dawg61, what do you watch for news? TBH I watch mostly Fox Business, Twitter, Drudge and turn it to Fox and Friends to see what Ainsley is wearing for a few minutes...

Where to get your news/political scoops...The Savage Nation...on radio. He is out on the left coast but he brings the heat.!

dawgoneyall
10-19-2018, 06:48 AM
More than you would watching Fox News.

How do you know?

You don't watch it.

Guess the professor from uofm told you.

Liverpooldawg
10-19-2018, 08:22 AM

What an eloquent post. Your command of the English language is astounding. *******

codeDawg
10-19-2018, 08:34 AM

There is nothing wrong with getting news from those sources, as long as you know you are only watching sources that confirm your opinion. Other news networks and sources may have their own biases, but Fox and Drudge are clearly very far right.

To to keep to the topic. I agree that ESPN is too political, but we are talking about sports and people play sports. You can?t talk about people without getting me of their world view. There will always be some amount of opinion involved.

Jack Lambert
10-19-2018, 08:45 AM
I only watch espn when there is a game on. I switch channels at half and between games.

Really Clark?
10-19-2018, 08:53 AM
There is nothing wrong with getting news from those sources, as long as you know you are only watching sources that confirm your opinion. Other news networks and sources may have their own biases, but Fox and Drudge are clearly very far right.

To to keep to the topic. I agree that ESPN is too political, but we are talking about sports and people play sports. You can?t talk about people without getting me of their world view. There will always be some amount of opinion involved.

See that’s where the disconnect happens between both sides of ideology, your opinion is that Fox is just confirming his opionions of the very right but acknowledge that the main stream MAY have a bias. Your bias bleeds through significantly with so few words. Fox is Very right? No Neo-Nazi proproganda is very right, not Drudge or Fox News. Conservatives see Fox and Druge as actually reporting in a more factual manner without extreme liberal spin and out right collusion with the Democratic Party which independents have uncovered those bias numerous times. Even journalist and academia are admitting more and more that they are reporting a bias and see nothing wrong with that, instead reporting facts. No not all of the main stream media is ultra liberal and not all reporting is a complete falsehood but there is no MAY have a bias, they are biased

Dawg61
10-19-2018, 09:34 AM
How do you know? You don't watch it.

Same way I get current news. The internet. Fox is slaughtered daily for their Trump Fellatio Network. Almost every day I see an article with video "highlights" showing their blatant GOP bought and paid for bias. I find it amazing that some currently using the internet to use this site are also traveling back to 1995 to get their news. Nostalgia isn't always good.

Ezsoil
10-19-2018, 11:04 AM
Dude... you can't reason with the hate filled bigots.

Ezsoil
10-19-2018, 11:06 AM

Dude... you can't reason with the hate filled bigots.

msu15
10-19-2018, 11:08 AM
Same way I get current news. The internet. Fox is slaughtered daily for their Trump Fellatio Network. Almost every day I see an article with video "highlights" showing their blatant GOP bought and paid for bias. I find it amazing that some currently using the internet to use this site are also traveling back to 1995 to get their news. Nostalgia isn't always good.

LOL, man this is sad.

Dawg61
10-19-2018, 11:26 AM
LOL, man this is sad.

Not as sad as a Trumpster being a Yankees fan. The Yankees don't want you as a fan. Try the Braves or Astros next time.

Doggie_Style
10-19-2018, 11:31 AM
Not as sad as a Trumpster being a Yankees fan. The Yankees don't want you as a fan. Try the Braves or Astros next time.

your part of the 'mob' huh?

Dawg61
10-19-2018, 11:32 AM
your part of the 'mob' huh?

You're*

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-19-2018, 12:32 PM
See that’s where the disconnect happens between both sides of ideology, your opinion is that Fox is just confirming his opionions of the very right but acknowledge that the main stream MAY have a bias. Your bias bleeds through significantly with so few words. Fox is Very right? No Neo-Nazi proproganda is very right, not Drudge or Fox News. Conservatives see Fox and Druge as actually reporting in a more factual manner without extreme liberal spin and out right collusion with the Democratic Party which independents have uncovered those bias numerous times. Even journalist and academia are admitting more and more that they are reporting a bias and see nothing wrong with that, instead reporting facts. No not all of the main stream media is ultra liberal and not all reporting is a complete falsehood but there is no MAY have a bias, they are biased

Fox is doing the exact same thing the liberal media is doing, they just spin it in the direction you like rather than the one you don't. The fact of the matter is if you only get your news from one side of the spectrum (Fox/Drudge vs CNN/HuffPo/etc) then by default you can't possibly have an unbiased or nonpartisan view of what's going on in the world. If you want the truth, you need to read both sides and realize the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Commercecomet24
10-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Sports is an escape for me like I'm sure it is for most of you. It's a chance to get away from the world for a few hours and just relax. I don't want to hear or see politics when I'm trying to enjoy sports. It takes the reason away for watching. In the early days Espn was all sports accept for sportscenter. It was so much better then instead of all the talk shows, "news" programs and the other bs they do now. I just want MY SPORTS!

ScoobaDawg
10-19-2018, 01:01 PM
I left this open because I thought people could discuss this good news that ESPN might acknowledge and to move away from the political stuff but sure enough the men midget had to drag politics into it... Trolling just as usual.