PDA

View Full Version : "We have two bye weeks and then play Bama."

TrapGame
10-17-2018, 10:11 AM
The LSU fans are feeling it after Georgia. That's from one of my Baton Rouge born docs not even giving us a chance Saturday night. We are already an after thought.

I hope we beat the shit outta them and spoil their Bama dreams. I really don't think we win but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Saltydog
10-17-2018, 10:15 AM
hit deep passes concerns me immensely. With our passing game and their lock down corners they're going to load up to stop the running game. That recipe was shown to work by UK and UF.

TrapGame
10-17-2018, 10:22 AM
I somewhat agree Salty but AU loaded the box on us and we pushed their shit in for four quarters. AU's defense is still pretty good. But, I think with Aranda your dealing with another animal all together. Now having said that if we get a good ground game going we might have a shot at pulling this off. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

Jack Lambert
10-17-2018, 10:29 AM
hit deep passes concerns me immensely. With our passing game and their lock down corners they're going to load up to stop the running game. That recipe was shown to work by UK and UF.

He completes 52% of his passing. His average passing yards is 7.3. His longest is 79 yards. He has 6 TD's throwing and 2 interceptions. Those numbers are OK but he is a drop back passer and will be under pressure all day. This will be the best Defensive line they have faced. Yes I am calling it. Our D line is better then GA, Fl and Auburn's.

TrapGame
10-17-2018, 10:49 AM
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/lsu-football/ed-orgeron-reminded-team-in-locker-room-after-uga-about-what-happened-at-msu-last-year/79513453/

Yeah, O ain't over looking us.

Cooterpoot
10-17-2018, 10:50 AM

They aren't hitting a lot of that. Let's compare passing stats, shall we:

MSU- 7.1 per pass LSU 7.2
MSU- 14.6 per comp LSU 13.6
MSU- 190 yd/game LSU 202

Their passing games sucks as much as ours.

Cooterpoot
10-17-2018, 10:52 AM
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/lsu-football/ed-orgeron-reminded-team-in-locker-room-after-uga-about-what-happened-at-msu-last-year/79513453/

Yeah, O ain't over looking us.

O is still O. He's a dumbass that's been lucky.

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2018, 10:54 AM
I think this is a simple game.

If we can run the ball & don't have a ton of pre-snap penalties due to the crowd noise, then we will win.

The only real variables in that are obviously fumbles, which we haven't shown a tendency to do & tackling due to having a week off & potentially being rusty.

I just don't see LSU's offense doing a ton vs our defense. I say they score 17 points.

TrapGame
10-17-2018, 10:55 AM

Looking over at Tiger Droppings they're a few worried we will be able to run on them and our pass rush gets to Burrow too often.

I hope they're right.

smootness
10-17-2018, 10:55 AM

I'll give you Kentucky. Florida? No. Our RBs ran for 6 ypc on Florida, we just didn't give it to them.

TUSK
10-17-2018, 11:00 AM
They aren't hitting a lot of that. Let's compare passing stats, shall we:

MSU- 7.1 per pass LSU 7.2
MSU- 14.6 per comp LSU 13.6
MSU- 190 yd/game LSU 202

Their passing games sucks as much as ours.

If there was ever a time to ban the forward pass, this is it...

I hope to see a slobberknocker!

TrapGame
10-17-2018, 11:06 AM
If there was ever a time to ban the forward pass, this is it...

I hope to see a slobberknocker!

We broke Auburn for y'all. Maybe we can do the same with LSU.***

TUSK
10-17-2018, 11:18 AM
We broke Auburn for y'all. Maybe we can do the same with LSU.***

That'd be sweet... We can use all the help we can get...

Kingbarkus
10-17-2018, 11:20 AM
I'm concerned about Burrow's scrambling to get yardage. I can see our rush crashing in from the outside, but Burrow is a deceptive runner. He rarely slides so Abram may have to punish him.

TrapGame
10-17-2018, 11:25 AM
I'm concerned about Burrow's scrambling to get yardage. I can see our rush crashing in from the outside, but Burrow is a deceptive runner. He rarely slides so Abram may have to punish him.

He had that 29 yard run on Georgia that was the dagger to the heart in the 4th. We need to be ready for Burrow to run some and screens.

was21
10-17-2018, 11:33 AM
We still have to have at least some semblance of a passing threat that will have to be miraculously created in the last two weeks

Jack Lambert
10-17-2018, 11:38 AM

If Abram hits him once he will think before doing it again. What make Sweat so dangerous is is arm span. He is like AT&T. He can reach out and touch someone. It's hard for QB's to run away from him.

Jack Lambert
10-17-2018, 11:39 AM
We still have to have at least some semblance of a passing threat that will have to be miraculously created in the last two weeks

It's call Passing to TE's. Those seem to be pretty successful for us.

Dawgology
10-17-2018, 11:44 AM

Difference is we never committed to the run versus KY or Florida. If we had then we would have beat Florida and probably would have beat KY also. It was a super dumb gameplan my JoMo on both fo those. Coaching strategy/Play selection was a HUGE part of why we lost those games.

If we committ to the run and focus on timely, short passes we stand a punchers chance against LSU. If we come out trying to run and get stuffed on the first possession and then abandon the run for a shitty passing game then we will lose by 3 TD's or more.

Dawgology
10-17-2018, 11:45 AM
He had that 29 yard run on Georgia that was the dagger to the heart in the 4th. We need to be ready for Burrow to run some and screens.

Burrow will have some designed runs and I can 100% for certain guarantee you that we will se ALOT of screen passes and bubble screens. Those worked well against us with Auburn. I expect most teams we face will be doing that from here on out.

Jarius
10-17-2018, 11:48 AM
We have the same shitty passing game that we had last year when we beat them by 30 points and should have beaten Bama. If our coach will run what we do best we will win the game as long as we don’t have a bunch of penalties/turnovers.

LC Dawg
10-17-2018, 12:28 PM
Burrow gained confidence as the game progressed against Georgia. If our defense plays like they should I don't think that happens Saturday. I think we can rattle him.

TrapGame
10-17-2018, 12:34 PM
Burrow gained confidence as the game progressed against Georgia. If our defense plays like they should I don't think that happens Saturday. I think we can rattle him.

I think so too. I kinda think Georgia got exposed a little. Did Georgia even sack Burrow at all? I can't remember.

Jack Lambert
10-17-2018, 01:29 PM
Looking over at Tiger Droppings they're a few worried we will be able to run on them and our pass rush gets to Burrow too often.

I hope they're right.

Any fan who follows football and understands it knows they should be worried about playing State.

Maroonthirteen
10-17-2018, 01:48 PM
Good points made in this thread.

One intangible not mentioned...... Fitz shitz pantz. Happens when #7 plays on the road in a tough SEC environment.

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Good points made in this thread.

One intangible not mentioned...... Fitz shitz pantz. Happens when #7 plays on the road in a tough SEC environment.

Yeah, like at A&M last year and Ole Miss in 2016.

Not saying Fitz has been outstanding on the road, but he hasn't been our issue at all.

In fact, you could argue that at Auburn last year and BYU the year before that, he was the bright spot.

Dental Dawg33
10-17-2018, 02:00 PM
We have the same shitty passing game that we had last year when we beat them by 30 points and should have beaten Bama. If our coach will run what we do best we will win the game as long as we don?t have a bunch of penalties/turnovers.

^This. They have a big advantage being in Death Valley at night. Just take the fans out of the game early, just like in 2014

Maroonthirteen
10-17-2018, 02:04 PM
We ain’t talking about a beat down old Mrs in little hamilet. Or the no caffeine zone of Provo (which we lost).

We are talking about vs #4 LSU, night game in Baton Rogue. 90k LSU fans and a few MSU parents. Similar to vs UGA last year and Bama two years ago.

I hope I’m wrong and dude comes out with his hair on fire and nuts hanging.

TrapGame
10-17-2018, 02:06 PM
^This. They have a big advantage being in Death Valley at night. Just take the fans out of the game early, just like in 2014

And for the love of God, don't give them something to feed on like a FAKE field goal. Kirby lost the game right there. He gave them huge momentum and he started coaching scared.

codeDawg
10-17-2018, 02:40 PM
Where we are going to have trouble against LSU is in opening up the between the tackle run game with the sweep and screens. LSU is significantly better at LB and DB than Auburn. JoeMo is going to have to draw up a pretty creative game plan to counter that without a vertical passing threat. We have to find something that works in the passing game so we can run effectively. Maybe it?s shorter slant routes and bubble screens, but something has to draw defenders out of the box.

RezDog7
10-17-2018, 02:51 PM
I want to see more jet sweeps early with Kylin and Mixon. Get them running side line to side line.

Jack Lambert
10-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Where we are going to have trouble against LSU is in opening up the between the tackle run game with the sweep and screens. LSU is significantly better at LB and DB than Auburn. JoeMo is going to have to draw up a pretty creative game plan to counter that without a vertical passing threat. We have to find something that works in the passing game so we can run effectively. Maybe it?s shorter slant routes and bubble screens, but something has to draw defenders out of the box.

This is basically the same offensive line that blew them away last year and Auburn's D LIne and LB looked good until they played us.

TrapGame
10-17-2018, 02:59 PM
This is basically the same offensive line that blew them away last year and Auburn's D LIne and LB looked good until they played us.

This OL was built to RTDB. Dan recruited and coached these guys to run block for his running QB. I hope Joe learned his lesson and keeps on taking his coaching pills.

Jack Lambert
10-17-2018, 03:08 PM
This OL was built to RTDB. Dan recruited and coached these guys to run block for his running QB. I hope Joe learned his lesson and keeps on taking his coaching pills.

We have a good O Line. I think they were running the wrong offense up to the Auburn game. I am not saying we are going to win but it isn't a automatic lose.

LC Dawg
10-17-2018, 04:10 PM
The best thing about their fans overlooking us is that if we can come in and frustrate them a little those drunk coonasses may turn on their own team. There were times in the Auburn game that our defense made it look like we were playing a JUCO team. If we can hold their offense to a lot of 3 and outs with some sacks and negative yardage plays I can see their fans giving the Tigers some shit.

RocketDawg
10-17-2018, 04:35 PM

I'm not so sure about that.

Cowbell
10-17-2018, 04:49 PM
On the first obvious passing play, Abram or Cole need to be sent on a disguised blitz to meet burrows. And while we are on the subject, we need to handle Tua in similar fashion. I think we need to bring everybody without fear of getting ejected. Let them know that we still play 90’s football here. Maybe even line up rivers inside of sweat the first series in place of a backer.

Political Hack
10-17-2018, 05:04 PM
Win this weekend and I'll be a believer. Right now we beat a way-worse-than-normal Auburn team and that's it. We have to score points to help the defense.

Political Hack
10-17-2018, 05:06 PM
Ogre pulled a Ronnie Reagan. He didn't over manage, he hired a great team and let them do their jobs. Sometimes being a great manager makes up for other shortcomings. I think O is showing that this year.

MaroonFlounder
10-17-2018, 05:19 PM
That'd be sweet... We can use all the help we can get...

Just stop it.

Unless there is sarcasm in this statement that I'm not picking up on.

MaroonFlounder
10-17-2018, 05:22 PM
I want to see more jet sweeps early with Kylin and Mixon. Get them running side line to side line.

No.

LSU is WAY too fast on D for that.

RougeDawg
10-17-2018, 05:41 PM

No. Just no. Auburn?s front 7 > LSU front 7. LSU DBs > Auburn DBs. We will run on LSU.

dawgday166
10-17-2018, 06:46 PM
The LSU fans are feeling it after Georgia. That's from one of my Baton Rouge born docs not even giving us a chance Saturday night. We are already an after thought.

I hope we beat the shit outta them and spoil their Bama dreams. I really don't think we win but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

I hope your doc is right.

was21
10-17-2018, 07:15 PM
Actually if we can hit a 5 yard pass consistently we will win the game. If he torpedoes a 5 yard pass then...well never mind

yjnkdawg
10-17-2018, 10:41 PM
I somewhat agree Salty but AU loaded the box on us and we pushed their shit in for four quarters. AU's defense is still pretty good. But, I think with Aranda your dealing with another animal all together. Now having said that if we get a good ground game going we might have a shot at pulling this off. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

The running back motion offense surprised Auburn and their defensive coaches could not adjust to it. If we run the exact same package against LSU, then it is not a surprise. I think we have to show some type of passing game to keep LSU from loading the box.

biggun
10-18-2018, 12:18 AM
Coach O has repeatedly said this week that MSU was much more physical than us last year, that Fitz is a big and strong physical runner, etc., so look for LSU to really load up the box to stop the run while putting their CB?s on an island, basically daring us to throw. In no way am I saying AirJoe should re-emerge in Baton Rouge but for us to dictate tempo and win the game, we are going to have to throw it successfully early to reduced their numbers in the box so we can play to our strength - which is ground and pound.

If we can successfully execute early through the air will most likely determine if we exit Death Valley a winner or not.

RougeDawg
10-18-2018, 03:30 AM
No.

LSU is WAY too fast on D for that.

?? Please elaborate. They let a non passing threat freshman QB walk down the field this last weekend. I?ll hang up and listen to the response.

Pit Bull
10-18-2018, 03:49 AM

I haven't even heard of any LSU fans discussing our game. Most feel it will be a glorified scrimmage in getting ready for the game they all desire......BAMA! They said before the season and they say it now......they had originally felt they and BAMA would be undefeated when they met, but UF sort of put a little dampening on that. But now they said if they beat BAMA....both will have one loss and LSU will win the tiebreaker and go to Hotlanta. Any mention of MSU in all that......Nope!

Pit Bull
10-18-2018, 03:51 AM
Coach O has repeatedly said this week that MSU was much more physical than us last year, that Fitz is a big and strong physical runner, etc., so look for LSU to really load up the box to stop the run while putting their CB?s on an island, basically daring us to throw. In no way am I saying AirJoe should re-emerge in Baton Rouge but for us to dictate tempo and win the game, we are going to have to throw it successfully early to reduced their numbers in the box so we can play to our strength - which is ground and pound.

If we can successfully execute early through the air will most likely determine if we exit Death Valley a winner or not.

LSU has the best defensive secondary in the SEC and maybe the nation. We will not and cannot throw against them continually. We HAVE to run against them.....there is no other way we can score points. If they load the box....we still have to run.....no choice about it.

TrapGame
10-18-2018, 08:12 AM
LSU has the best defensive secondary in the SEC and maybe the nation. We will not and cannot throw against them continually. We HAVE to run against them.....there is no other way we can score points. If they load the box....we still have to run.....no choice about it.

The kryptonite of LSU's defense is the zone read. Florida did it. La Tech did it. Georgia did it for one series and strangely stopped after that. Florida won b/c they stuck with it. La Tech scored points on a vastly superior athletic defense b/c of it. Georgia took it 40 yards and a td with it yet Kirby goes back to making Fromm drop back and pass into one of best secondaries in the SEC.

And just to put this out there. Bo gives us very little chance of scoring on LSU's defense. But, he went on and on about Georgia going away from the run after Holyfield was avg. 7 yards a carry. I guess he thinks Holyfield is better than Nick, Kylin and Aeris.

Pit Bull
10-18-2018, 09:06 AM
The kryptonite of LSU's defense is the zone read. Florida did it. La Tech did it. Georgia did it for one series and strangely stopped after that. Florida won b/c they stuck with it. La Tech scored points on a vastly superior athletic defense b/c of it. Georgia took it 40 yards and a td with it yet Kirby goes back to making Fromm drop back and pass into one of best secondaries in the SEC.

And just to put this out there. Bo gives us very little chance of scoring on LSU's defense. But, he went on and on about Georgia going away from the run after Holyfield was avg. 7 yards a carry. I guess he thinks Holyfield is better than Nick, Kylin and Aeris.

If our OL puts out like they did against Auburn, Fitz, Aeris, and Kylin could have a field day. And if we do have a field day, then sprinkle in some safe short passing to keep them honest. Only pass if we have to.

TrapGame
10-18-2018, 09:28 AM
If our OL puts out like they did against Auburn, Fitz, Aeris, and Kylin could have a field day. And if we do have a field day, then sprinkle in some safe short passing to keep them honest. Only pass if we have to.

I'm thinking the safest long passes will only be if we reach the 50 yard line. Other than that hit a TE or maybe a WR on a crossing route for short gains. Maybe one of those TEs shakes a tackle and picks up ten or twelve YAC.

Duckdog
10-18-2018, 10:00 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE JUST WIN!!!! I freaking hate working in La with all these stupid coonass tshirt fans

BB30
10-18-2018, 12:42 PM
I honestly have zero idea of what to expect this weekend after seeing Auburn look horrible against Tennessee. It wouldn't surprise me if we got beat by 3 scores and it wouldn't surprise me if we won by a couple of scores. Both teams have been pretty inconsistent offensively.

At this point I think LSU's offense is slightly better but I also believe our defense is possibly slightly better. If I had to pick a winner I am probably going with LSU at this point solely based on where the game is being played. If we were at home I would say we win in a close one.

I still really don't know how good either team actually is. LSU beat a Miami team that has shown to be below average, an Auburn team that wasn't nearly as good as their ranking, and a UGA team that hadn't been punched in the mouth yet all season and didn't know how to handle it.

Should be a close exciting game. Hopefully the good guys find a way to pull it out and get this think completely back on the tracks. Win this one and 9 wins becomes a possibility again.

TrapGame
10-18-2018, 12:49 PM
I honestly have zero idea of what to expect this weekend after seeing Auburn look horrible against Tennessee. It wouldn't surprise me if we got beat by 3 scores and it wouldn't surprise me if we won by a couple of scores. Both teams have been pretty inconsistent offensively.

At this point I think LSU's offense is slightly better but I also believe our defense is possibly slightly better. If I had to pick a winner I am probably going with LSU at this point solely based on where the game is being played. If we were at home I would say we win in a close one.

I still really don't know how good either team actually is. LSU beat a Miami team that has shown to be below average, an Auburn team that wasn't nearly as good as their ranking, and a UGA team that hadn't been punched in the mouth yet all season and didn't know how to handle it.

Should be a close exciting game. Hopefully the good guys find a way to pull it out and get this think completely back on the tracks. Win this one and 9 wins becomes a possibility again.

If there is one game where Joe needs to earn that offensive guru tag it's this one. If he takes his coaching pills and out schemes Aranda then we got the right coach.