PDA

View Full Version : Mock draft

Matt3467
10-17-2018, 09:52 AM
I've seen several mock drafts that have Simmons going top 5 even as high an #3. I saw one that had Simmons going #10 and Sweat #9. Also, our guard Williams was in a few 1st round mocks and Jenkins was fairly high up as well (~2nd round). As far as team wise I've seen a total of 7 players through all rounds. Interestingly Fitz was being projected around the 5th round which was a drop from his previous mock average of the 4th. I don't see how Fitz gets drafted and much less drafted as a QB. Anyway, just wanted to share what I was seeing. I thought it was interesting.

Dawgology
10-17-2018, 09:54 AM
I've seen several mock drafts that have Simmons going top 5 even as high an #3. I saw one that had Simmons going #10 and Sweat #9. Also, our guard Williams was in a few 1st round mocks and Jenkins was fairly high up as well (~2nd round). As far as team wise I've seen a total of 7 players through all rounds. Interestingly Fitz was being projected around the 5th round which was a drop from his previous mock average of the 4th. I don't see how Fitz gets drafted and much less drafted as a QB. Anyway, just wanted to share what I was seeing. I thought it was interesting.

Yeah, Fitz won't get drafter as a QB but I think he has a real shot at WR or TE as a free agent.

Rick Danko
10-17-2018, 10:03 AM
I could see someone taking a flyer on Fitz in the late rounds. They know he?s spent four years in college being groomed as run run run. Take a chance to see if you can develop his passing skills, and if not give him a shot as receiver or tight end. Crazier draft picks have happened

Tbonewannabe
10-17-2018, 12:32 PM
I could see someone taking a flyer on Fitz in the late rounds. They know he?s spent four years in college being groomed as run run run. Take a chance to see if you can develop his passing skills, and if not give him a shot as receiver or tight end. Crazier draft picks have happened

Similar to Matt Jones without all of the cocaine.

Matt3467
10-17-2018, 01:05 PM
Similar to Matt Jones without all of the cocaine.

I think Matt Jones ran a 4.3 though. I don't think Fitz goes below a 4.5.

thf24
10-17-2018, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Fitz goes in round 4-6 to a team whose immediate needs are met and will take a chance on a versatile diamond in the rough. He's got the perfect measureables for QB and might be a viable with some more experience and coaching, and if not, you've got either a sneaky fast possession receiver or a very athletic tight end.

DawgNamedScuba
10-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Calling it now! Broncos will draft him as a project, sit on him, then cut him.

TUSK
10-17-2018, 02:29 PM

4.37 at the combine... MJ was an off-the-charts specimen of an athlete... Size & skiing is where the similarities stop...

Tbonewannabe
10-17-2018, 02:50 PM

I think he will get drafted if he is willing to play WR or TE. He would be great in the Patriots TE offense.

fishwater99
10-17-2018, 02:55 PM
I think he will get drafted if he is willing to play WR or TE. He would be great in the Patriots TE offense.

But can he catch?

somebodyshotmypaw
10-17-2018, 05:42 PM
Taysom Hill is interesting. Fitz is certainly different than Hill, but looking at what the Saints are doing with Hill makes you wonder if someone could do something interesting with Fitz. While you develop Fitz as a QB, you could use him in certain QB packages on goal line or short yardage. He could also line up as tight end or H-Back. If a coach wants to get creative, there are ways to use a 2nd or 3rd string QB rather than just let them take up a roster spot on game day and never see the field.

dawgday166
10-17-2018, 08:07 PM

I'm almost willing to bet they will ... especially if the dropped passes stat is accurate. Not saying Fitz will make it if so ... just saying he has some measurables that are hard to duplicate.

parabrave
10-17-2018, 08:20 PM
Saints future TE.