PDA

View Full Version : LSU

BuckyIsAB****
10-15-2018, 08:58 PM
Their biggest advantage over us is going to be through the air. Their WRs are pretty good, we've got 1 CB I feel like can match up ok in Dantzler and the other will need safety help. Luckily our safeties are pretty good.

We are better on the OL and DL assuming we dont run the MoorRaid. Their weakness is in the trenches on both sides. They are not very deep at either. If pound it and take care of the ball we will score enough to give us a shot at winning it.

We absolutely cannot flinch and we absolutely cannot turn it over. We can survive 1 TO but more than that and we probably lose. I think we may be catching them at a good time.

Thats as simple as I can make it. Hail State

Skydawg1
10-15-2018, 09:08 PM
Burrow may be a better passer than Fitz, but I would not say LSU has a passing advantage over State. Burrow misses a lot of throws, and almost every time he has someone in his face he freaks. Simmons and Sweat will be in his face all night. Yes, their WR's better than ours, as a group, but Guidry might be the best WR on the field. I'm more concerned with our ability to score TD's in the red zone than anything they'll throw at us on offense. We're better on the both lines than they are. If at all possible we need to forego FG's for TD's. You know they will kick about 5 FG's Saturday night, easy peasy.

LC Dawg
10-15-2018, 09:31 PM
Is it official that Jamal Peters will play Saturday?

Jack Lambert
10-15-2018, 09:49 PM
This is going to be the best defensive line they have faced this season so far. We will see just how good their O lIne is and passing game. They can't double team everyone. There is a reason we have the number 1 scoring defense. We have basically played the same SEC schedule as them.

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2018, 09:51 PM
This is going to be the best defensive line they have faced this season so far. We will see just how good their O lIne is and passing game. They can't double team everyone. There is a reason we have the number 1 scoring defense. We have basically played the same SEC schedule.

Auburn's has more talent per NFL people.

Their LB is unreal

Nevermind, I thought you meant LSU's DL

TrapGame
10-15-2018, 09:52 PM

He practiced Sunday. Joe said maybe.

TrapGame
10-15-2018, 09:57 PM
I don't think Burrow has had a guy like Sweat coming at him yet. If LSU's OL can shut down our pass rush, more power to them.

BuckyIsAB****
10-15-2018, 10:15 PM
Burrow may be a better passer than Fitz, but I would not say LSU has a passing advantage over State. Burrow misses a lot of throws, and almost every time he has someone in his face he freaks. Simmons and Sweat will be in his face all night. Yes, their WR's better than ours, as a group, but Guidry might be the best WR on the field. I'm more concerned with our ability to score TD's in the red zone than anything they'll throw at us on offense. We're better on the both lines than they are. If at all possible we need to forego FG's for TD's. You know they will kick about 5 FG's Saturday night, easy peasy.

Guidry is not close to the best WR on the field. They have 2 or 3 that have played better than him. Burrow isnt better than Fitz. He throws it where they tell him to throw it. We should do the same with Fitz. Fitz is much more athletic and experienced

BuckyIsAB****
10-15-2018, 10:16 PM
Auburn's has more talent per NFL people.

Their LB is unreal

Nevermind, I thought you meant LSU's DL

You talking about Devin White or an Auburn LB? White is great sideline to sideline but if you bring it straight at him it takes away his biggest asset which is his speed.

Lord McBuckethead
10-15-2018, 10:56 PM
Guidry is the best receiver on the field. As soon as someone tells Austin William's he doesn't have to run directly to coverage he will get better too.

Don't forget about Mixon either. Hope his ankle is getting better. Mitchel and Guidry will need to make some eye opening plays. Time to go get the ball guys. Attack the ball for crying out loud. Great receivers go get it.

TUSK
10-16-2018, 12:16 AM
y'all need to keep them in a phone booth and hope you're more physical... Period.

If the game evolves in to a vertical passing contest, college football may get banned from TV forever due to the travesty that will ensue.

Dawgology
10-16-2018, 07:49 AM
y'all need to keep them in a phone booth and hope you're more physical... Period.

If the game evolves in to a vertical passing contest, college football may get banned from TV forever due to the travesty that will ensue.

Agreed. This game needs to be about ball control for MSU. Hold on to the ball and punish their DL. If we can’t establish the run they are going to beat us up, take our lunch money, and **** our girlfriend.

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2018, 07:56 AM
Agreed. This game needs to be about ball control for MSU. Hold on to the ball and punish their DL. If we can’t establish the run they are going to beat us up, take our lunch money, and **** our girlfriend.

Our defense is good & deep. There is no logical "football" reason that LSU should be able to score many points on us. None.

We've got to pound away & not turn the ball over.

Cooterpoot
10-16-2018, 08:52 AM
Burrow is a 53% passer with only 6 TDs. I don't fear their air attack at all.

TrapGame
10-16-2018, 08:55 AM

I can see Burrow throwing it away or missing WRs b/c of our DL. I'd like to see Sweat have another NFL draft film game.

Jack Lambert
10-16-2018, 09:06 AM
Guidry is not close to the best WR on the field. They have 2 or 3 that have played better than him. Burrow isnt better than Fitz. He throws it where they tell him to throw it. We should do the same with Fitz. Fitz is much more athletic and experienced

If only our WR could run better routs and get separation that would help Fitz out a lot. But when they do they can't drop the ball like in the past.

msudawglb
10-16-2018, 09:28 AM

I would not play Peters in this game unless an injury required him to play.

Dawgology
10-16-2018, 09:40 AM

Sets him up perfectly to be the RAT

Prediction? Pain.
10-16-2018, 09:56 AM
I read an interesting take on LSU this morning from an advanced-stat perspective. It's in an article (https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/16/17982610/college-football-rankings-2018-overrated-teams) about teams that are ranked higher than their level of play thus far. The takeaway is that LSU's offense has succeeded in spite of itself:

LSU

AP rank: fifth
S&P+ rank: 14th

The biggest issue is sustainability. The Tigers' offense seems to have about two big-play cards to play in each game and has managed to play them at exactly the right time in each win. That's hard to keep up. They are dreadfully inefficient (102nd in marginal efficiency), which means they are constantly in passing downs, and they aren't efficient on passing downs either (101st in passing downs marginal efficiency). They produce fewer big plays on what I define as blitz downs (second-and-super-long or third-and-five or more) than anyone in the country.

And yet, there's Derrick Dillon, reeling in a 71-yard pass late in the win over Auburn. There's quarterback Joe Burrow, rumbling 59 yards to put the nail in Georgia's coffin. There?s Nick Brossette, ripping off a 50-yard score to open up the floodgates against Miami. There's Dee Anderson, catching a 28-yard pass on second-and-9 after Louisiana Tech had cut a 24-point deficit to 3.

LSU has mastered timely offense, but that's rarely something you can count on for an entire season. The Tigers couldn't against Florida, and with Alabama and two other S&P+ top-25 opponents remaining on the schedule (they've already faced four), LSU's season will likely end up more in the 9-3 range than 11-1.

Against this schedule, that's still an accomplishment, even if it doesn't make you a top-five team

bulldawg28
10-16-2018, 10:01 PM

Agreed, I feel our coach is going to try to be a superhero and pass the ball.

was21
10-17-2018, 06:21 AM
If it's even close in the fourth quarter, they will come up with the one big play to win it, whether it's a penalty or a wide ass open pass with no bulldog around anywhere

Dawgology
10-17-2018, 07:58 AM
If it's even close in the fourth quarter, they will come up with the one big play to win it, whether it's a penalty or a wide ass open pass with no bulldog around anywhere

Probably so. I’ve seen that scenario play out too many times.

biggun
10-17-2018, 11:59 PM

My biggest fear as well. Our secondary has at least 1 major bust a game where a WR is running free without a DB or safety within 10 or 15 yards of him. Stidham somehow missed on a surefire TD but Florida did not. I seriously doubt LSU will

Dawgology
10-18-2018, 08:42 AM
Our biggest advantage is on the line of scrimmage (on both sides of the ball in my opinion). I always favor the team with the advantage on the line....but... we had the advantage at Kentucky and were about a push against Florida and we shit the bed in both of those games.

With MSU complaining about crowd noise at Kentucky and it messing with them I can't imagine how LSU crowd noise will affect them. That is just lack of mental toughness, unfortunately, and can't be coached.

MarketingBully
10-18-2018, 10:49 AM
Anyone else have a feeling Guidry shows up in a big way Saturday? I’m thinking he does. If we can hit him on a few of those 5-10 yard crossing patterns and let him do the rest I think that may open up the running game even further and score between 24-30 points. We already know they aren’t going to give us any time for long developing plays to work so why not quick outs to one of your biggest fastest targets who will be motivated like Dak, Robinson, and Day were. We already know that in order to have a semblance of a chance we need a little from the passing game. I think Guidry will be a key player if we are able to pull the upset.

TrapGame
10-18-2018, 10:57 AM
Anyone else have a feeling Guidry shows up in a big way Saturday? I’m thinking he does. If we can hit him on a few of those 5-10 yard crossing patterns and let him do the rest I think that may open up the running game even further and score between 24-30 points. We already know they aren’t going to give us any time for long developing plays to work so why not quick outs to one of your biggest fastest targets who will be motivated like Dak, Robinson, and Day were. We already know that in order to have a semblance of a chance we need a little from the passing game. I think Guidry will be a key player if we are able to pull the upset.

I'd love to see Guidry have a breakout game Saturday but I just don't see it happening. I hope I'm embarrassingly wrong.