PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss WR DK Metcalf out for year with neck injury

Mobile Bay
10-15-2018, 11:39 AM
https://twitter.com/bsrippee/status/1051873709030563840.

KOdawg1
10-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Hate it for the kid. He's got a bright future

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-15-2018, 11:43 AM
Also sucks for us because it's far less likely he's going pro this year

EdDawg
10-15-2018, 11:46 AM
I think he still goes to the draft as long as it's nothing extremely serious. He's a really talented receiver that many pro teams will want.

thf24
10-15-2018, 11:50 AM
Also sucks for us because it's far less likely he's going pro this year

I highly doubt he stays. The NFL drafts 80% on measureables in the early rounds and he's 6'3", fast, and built like a Mac truck. His draft stock will be fine. And if I have a choice, I'm not sticking around for a bad team that's going to be worse next year with question marks as to who's going to be throwing me the ball.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-15-2018, 11:55 AM
Piss on that punk. That is all.

Brahmabull
10-15-2018, 11:56 AM
I wonder if he is really hurt that bad or if he is the first to shut it down to get ready for the draft?

LC Dawg
10-15-2018, 12:01 PM

Leg hike style?

KOdawg1
10-15-2018, 12:03 PM
It's not like it's an ACL injury that can effect his speed. He's going pro because he's a stud

Todd4State
10-15-2018, 12:10 PM

Beat me to it. Hope his career is over.

Dawg61
10-15-2018, 12:15 PM
They definitely ain't making a bowl game now**

Tripp McNeely
10-15-2018, 12:22 PM
I wonder if he is really hurt that bad or if he is the first to shut it down to get ready for the draft?

This^^^^

That was my first thought too

Activated Alpha
10-15-2018, 12:34 PM
Look for AJ brown to go down next

ZedFedder
10-15-2018, 12:37 PM

We should have stopped them if we didn't want that to happen, then. I expect it from a lot of people but not from you, Todd. The kid does something really stupid one time and we want his career (that comes with many opportunities and dollars) over? Nah man, y'all can get on with that. We don't ever mind a State guy making fun of the land shark do we? Grow up.

preachermatt83
10-15-2018, 12:47 PM

My Lord what is wrong with you people?? That's insanity. It's football not life.

stalkingpoon
10-15-2018, 01:06 PM
Come on guys, this is disgusting. Don't stoop to their level. It's only a game.

Cooterpoot
10-15-2018, 01:14 PM
I hope he recovers and has a great NFL career just like Treadwell.

LC Dawg
10-15-2018, 01:28 PM

Well done.

hacker
10-15-2018, 01:38 PM
My Lord what is wrong with you people?? That's insanity. It's football not life.

Jamal Peters is a ***** though

Todd4State
10-15-2018, 01:40 PM
We should have stopped them if we didn't want that to happen, then. I expect it from a lot of people but not from you, Todd. The kid does something really stupid one time and we want his career (that comes with many opportunities and dollars) over? Nah man, y'all can get on with that. We don't ever mind a State guy making fun of the land shark do we? Grow up.

If they're going to make fun of our players getting hurt like Fitzgerald....well it can go both ways.

Not to mention if their players are intentionally hurting other players don't get onto me about "it's just a game".

fishwater99
10-15-2018, 01:43 PM

^^ This

BB30
10-15-2018, 01:57 PM
If they're going to make fun of our players getting hurt like Fitzgerald....well it can go both ways.

Not to mention if their players are intentionally hurting other players don't get onto me about "it's just a game".

Todd, I agree with you on a lot of things. Man, this is kind of sorry though. We are talking about an 18-22 yo kid that could potentially change he and his family's life for the better. This is college football not war(It's not that serious). No point in wishing a kid's career was terminated over an injury.

ZedFedder
10-15-2018, 01:59 PM

Not saying you are wrong, but is there an example of one of their players making fun of Fitzgerald? It just seems a bit much to hope he never plays again. I guess I have more of a vested interest because people I know are close to him, and they vouch he is actually a decent guy.

Todd4State
10-15-2018, 02:05 PM
Todd, I agree with you on a lot of things. Man, this is kind of sorry though. We are talking about an 18-22 yo kid that could potentially change he and his family's life for the better. This is college football not war(It's not that serious). No point in wishing a kid's career was terminated over an injury.

It's kind of sorry to intentionally hurt players on the other team too.

Todd4State
10-15-2018, 02:07 PM
Not saying you are wrong, but is there an example of one of their players making fun of Fitzgerald? It just seems a bit much to hope he never plays again. I guess I have more of a vested interest because people I know are close to him, and they vouch he is actually a decent guy.

I'm talking about their fans not players making fun of Fitzgerald getting hurt.

Jack Lambert
10-15-2018, 02:13 PM
He missed last season and one half of this season due to injuries. If the money is there after the season he better take it.

Todd4State
10-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Oh and if Ole Miss fans don't like people "being happy" about their players being hurt then I hope they learn a lesson and stop being happy when ours are hurt.

Commercecomet24
10-15-2018, 02:21 PM

Yeah I can get onboard with this thought.

Dawgology
10-15-2018, 02:30 PM
Don't they still have a couple of really good WR's. I know AJ but who is the other one? I, honestly, don't keep up with them.

Cooterpoot
10-15-2018, 02:33 PM
I wouldn't care if he got a flaming case of gonorrhea either.

Todd4State
10-15-2018, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't care if he got a flaming case of gonorrhea either.

Very possible with the girls at Ole Miss.

Commercecomet24
10-15-2018, 02:49 PM
Very possible with the girls at Ole Miss.

Rep given!

RougeDawg
10-15-2018, 02:50 PM

Their players and fan base tweeted endlessly about it. They did the same thing when they late hit cheap shot Dak. It?s who they are as a program, fan base and university.

When you promote and participate in such a sick m, dirty program Karma is going to come back for its payback. You dance with the devil long enough, you will eventually get burned.

ETA. There were several of not a couple dozen of their players cheering when Fitz went down and was in agony. The replay doesn’t show it.

hacker
10-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Now they can see us saying the same shit and point to us doing it as the reason they do it. Full circle.

ZedFedder
10-15-2018, 03:17 PM
I'm talking about their fans not players making fun of Fitzgerald getting hurt.

So we want this kid's career and all that money to be over because we get our feelings hurt over their fans? Sounds reasonable. It seems your argument stands on the fact that they do it, too. When did what Ole Miss fans do become the standard for us? I don't care what they do, or their players for that matter. We are better than them and better than this. SEC -- It just means way too much.

Jack Lambert
10-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Now they can see us saying the same shit and point to us doing it as the reason they do it. Full circle.

He didn't break his neck in a Miss State game.

DownwardDawg
10-15-2018, 03:29 PM
Don't they still have a couple of really good WR's. I know AJ but who is the other one? I, honestly, don't keep up with them.

Lodge

LC Dawg
10-15-2018, 03:52 PM
I definitely don't want his career ended but you can't expect a lot of sympathy out of State fans when the guy did what he did in the Egg Bowl. I have heard from a few acquaintances in Oxford that I trust that the kid is actually a decent guy.
I actually hold more contempt for Mullen for letting all that shit take place on our home field by not giving a shit.
The Egg Bowl definitely got a little bit easier with this news.

Jack Lambert
10-15-2018, 03:55 PM
I definitely don't want his career ended but you can't expect a lot of sympathy out of State fans when the guy did what he did in the Egg Bowl. I have heard from a few acquaintances in Oxford that I trust that the kid is actually a decent guy.
I actually hold more contempt for Mullen for letting all that shit take place on our home field by not giving a shit.
The Egg Bowl definitely got a little bit easier with this news.

Mullen knew he was leaving and probably though he had a chance to get them to transfer. Didn't want to rock the boat.

Todd4State
10-15-2018, 03:55 PM
So we want this kid's career and all that money to be over because we get our feelings hurt over their fans? Sounds reasonable. It seems your argument stands on the fact that they do it, too. When did what Ole Miss fans do become the standard for us? I don't care what they do, or their players for that matter. We are better than them and better than this. SEC -- It just means way too much.

I hope you get onto their fans just as much as you get onto me when they do it to one of our players. And it will happen from their side when one of our players is hurt.

Commercecomet24
10-15-2018, 04:01 PM
Losing Metcalf is a big blow for the sharks(or whatever they are now), IMO he was their best WR.

thf24
10-15-2018, 04:03 PM
Losing Metcalf is a big blow for the sharks(or whatever they are now), IMO he was their best WR.

The big blow is that they can no longer put teams in "pick your poison" situations between he and AJ. Lodge is good but not on either of their levels.

Commercecomet24
10-15-2018, 04:06 PM
The big blow is that they can no longer put teams in "pick your poison" situations between he and AJ. Lodge is good but not on either of their levels.

Agreed.

ZedFedder
10-15-2018, 04:16 PM
I hope you get onto their fans just as much as you get onto me when they do it to one of our players. And it will happen from their side when one of our players is hurt.

I won?t because I don?t go on Ole Miss boards. Certainly would have if somebody I knew personally would have said something about Fitz in a face to face conversation. But in all honesty I?ve never really heard anyone say anything like that outside of games when they are worked up or on message boards.

lastmajordog
10-15-2018, 05:30 PM
delete

Ari Gold
10-15-2018, 05:48 PM
DK was the home run threat for them. For sure a big blow.
And he will have. A better pro career than AJ and Lodge

Commercecomet24
10-15-2018, 05:58 PM
DK was the home run threat for them. For sure a big blow.
And he will have. A better pro career than AJ and Lodge

Exactly!

Jack Lambert
10-15-2018, 07:07 PM
I won?t because I don?t go on Ole Miss boards. Certainly would have if somebody I knew personally would have said something about Fitz in a face to face conversation. But in all honesty I?ve never really heard anyone say anything like that outside of games when they are worked up or on message boards.

The difference between a bitch and a whore is, a whore will do it with anyone and a bitch will do it with anyone but you.

msbulldog
10-15-2018, 07:15 PM
Oh and if Ole Miss fans don't like people "being happy" about their players being hurt then I hope they learn a lesson and stop being happy when ours are hurt.

Todd my Friend, We Are Mississippi State University, we are better than tsun!

yjnkdawg
10-15-2018, 07:32 PM
Todd my Friend, We Are Mississippi State University, we are better than tsun!

I agree with all that you said, msbulldog I'm sure not trying to defend OM. I don't like the way their players conduct themselves on the field, and basically just can't stand OM sports in general. However, I think this "fan base", that is being referred to is members on the OM message boards. That should tell you all that you need to know. It may be a few who don't participate on their boards, but I doubt it. Even with some more added in, who are not on message boards, that is a minute percentage of the Ole Miss fan base. Like I said, I can't stand OM athletics, especially their football program, and I hope their players get banged up and sore sometimes, but if I ever want to see a player injured, or am happy that a player got injured, then I definitely need to re-evaluate my life.

MaroonFlounder
10-15-2018, 07:34 PM
We can revisit this on Thanksgiving night, because I have a eerie feeling that the Sharts will be actively trying to end the careers of our playmakers.

craigmid
10-15-2018, 09:34 PM
https://twitter.com/bsrippee/status/1051873709030563840.

Who?

Todd4State
10-15-2018, 10:11 PM

Fair enough. However, I have heard and seen their fans say similar things about our players on social media. Exhibit A is the Ole Miss fan that got upset at me on Twitter.

And the thing about it is even though I'm sure they'll do it again- at least the ones that I upset today will at least think twice about it when they do it. There are times to let things go. Absolutely agree with that. However, when you let things go and things keep happening over and over again- that's when you take a different direction. And when you are dealing with people with the maturity level of children- you don't reason with them like an adult. You reason with them like a child.

Todd4State
10-15-2018, 10:14 PM
We can revisit this on Thanksgiving night, because I have a eerie feeling that the Sharts will be actively trying to end the careers of our playmakers.

I don't think it's a question of "if" it will happen. It's already happened four times this year alone.

The problem as I see it is no one in the SEC office is doing anything about it.

whosyourdawgy
10-16-2018, 07:18 AM
I for One hope he fully recovers and is Dak’s #1 WR next season.

notsofarawaydawg
10-16-2018, 08:19 AM
**** the SHARKS !! KARMA IS A BITCH. Why would someone want to jeopardize their possible pro career to play for a fat **** like Luke who could give a rats ass about you personally? Maybe he felt bad and didn't want to be part of a team on the field who consistently tries to end other players careers on every play. Coach titty shark will just buy another one like Metcalf. ****ing losers and cheaters and the scum of the earth. Did I say **** the Sharks?

thf24
10-16-2018, 08:27 AM
I for One hope he fully recovers and is Dak’s #1 WR next season.

I'd be thrilled if Dak got either him or AJ. More importantly though the Cowboys also need to go out and do whatever it takes to get a high profile free agent WR.

MadDawg
10-16-2018, 09:09 AM

That's probably why he said he hoped his FOOTBALL career was over, not his life.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-16-2018, 12:26 PM

Simmons and Sweat better watch their knees.

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2018, 12:35 PM
Simmons and Sweat better watch their knees.

Yep.

whosyourdawgy
10-16-2018, 01:09 PM
I'd be thrilled if Dak got either him or AJ. More importantly though the Cowboys also need to go out and do whatever it takes to get a high profile free agent WR.

AJ is Treadwell 2.0. Don’t want

thf24
10-16-2018, 01:28 PM
AJ is Treadwell 2.0. Don’t want

Maybe. From what I've seen, AJ is a good bit more athletic and fluid than Treadwell. Metcalf is definitely the surer pick between the two though.

Dawgology
10-16-2018, 01:55 PM

This. I would love for Dak to be throwing to AJ next year. All of Mississippi would turn into Cowboy Nation.

Political Hack
10-16-2018, 07:44 PM
Momma always said if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

My thoughts on the injury are...